Ironclad Triturator Nin & Whm Duo?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Ironclad Triturator Nin & Whm Duo?
Ironclad Triturator Nin & Whm Duo?
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-04 14:54:10  
Anyone ever duo'd this NM as NIN and WHM? What would the best sub for the NIN be? WAR or DNC? Recommended Atmas?
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-04 14:55:24  
/WAR, go full offensive atmas.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-04 14:57:22  
I wouldn't recommend this NM period. It has been the cause of my rage the last two nights.

As for the actual question, I'd say /WAR since you get hit with Amnesia a good portion of the time. That's pretty much all I have.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-04 14:59:15  
Cerberus.Tikal said:
/WAR, go full offensive atmas.
This. I'm honestly not sure a Jin NIN has the output to pull it off, especially if going for red procs, but if it can then maximizing your damage is the way to go. I can't say for sure either way about feasibility though, we've always gone with MNK NIN WAR (all with Empyreans) since we only fought it to build Pantokrator pops.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-05-04 15:07:02  
Hades.Stefanos said:
I wouldn't recommend this NM period. It has been the cause of my rage the last two nights.

I guess this means the rematch didn't go well after I went to bed? ; ;
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-05-04 15:07:58  
You would probably have better luck on bst than nin.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-04 15:08:25  
Yea I don't care about KIs. Just gonna try it for some seals.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-04 15:09:04  
If you wanna easily tank ironclad, I think you NEED a good PLD with Ochain. >_>
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-04 15:09:16  
Do another NM.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-04 15:13:45  
Cerberus.Kaht said:
Hades.Stefanos said:

I guess this means the rematch didn't go well after I went to bed? ; ;

It really wasn't too terrible. We teamed up with a BLM/PLD/SAM trio and got it down to 40% or so, then Star went down and things went to hell.

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
If you wanna easily tank ironclad, I think you NEED a good PLD with Ochain. >_>

And definitely this. I'm sure Ochain really helps a lot, but a PLD period can handle tanking it for a while.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-04 15:14:48  
What was your setup Stefanos?
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-04 15:15:16  
You can do it with NIN+WHM, but they both need to be amazing, and the WHM will need MP meds if they're going /BLM. It's a pretty scary fight from what I remember. :(

EDITED FOR LANGUAGE
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-04 15:17:11  
All I remember is this NM is a ***. Also the pop spot is in such a terrible place it makes it more difficult. Didn't get to try with a PLD though
 Hades.Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-04 15:17:27  
Cerberus.Tikal said:

PLD, BLM, SAM, MNK, WHM (me), RDM, BLU was my last setup.
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-05-05 10:13:40  
Im sorry but you never need a pld.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-05 10:14:43  
Fenrir.Captaincrunch said:
Im sorry but you never need a pld.

Ochain PLD is actually very very nice for these fights :p
Blocks the add effects on the normal attacks >_>
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2011-05-05 10:30:23  
It can work with NIN + WHM, but wouldnt suggest this, it just takes to long to farm easy seals of it.

We did a few of them for KI(my bf Kannagi NIN + me Ukko War) i had a dualboxed whm + a slow shout whm with only 5 tic refresh atma (so cant really count him lol) and a shout BLM for some !! procs, we got all 5 pops down but wiped on first cause we didnt expect Mighty strikes can go that bad (after a few uses he hits for 1k+ during mighty strikes) if the whm is slow and he uses a TP move after... nin death. But when you curebomb NIN he can tank it np. But you shouldnt hold back with dmg, need to get it down as fast as possible cause he keeps useing Invic or mighty strikes and gets def(PLD) or att(WAR2hr) after them. Dunno how well a normal nin with Jin will do on this..

And about the pop position, fight it where it pops, with back to waterfall, there is enough space around to not get aggro from the mechanics thingys but a elemental passes by from time to time.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-05-05 10:31:28  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:

PLD, BLM, SAM, MNK, WHM (me), RDM, BLU was my last setup.

We took another stab at it last night and won.

We had quite a few people last night for our run (12 total), but the main ingredients for the win was the MNK tank, and then WHM (stef), BLM/whm (myself) and a RDM basically doing nothing but throwing cures on the MNK the entire time (also had a BRD for double marches on the MNK which likely helped a lot with dps and by extension, enmity). We had a DNC on it as well to backup tank in case the MNK went down, but the DNC died at around 65% and never was able to get back up due to aoe attacks.

All the other members were instructed to do nothing but run in to WS, trying for red !! (which sadly didn't happen)

The mob used draw-in twice, but both times I was able to stun scapula beam. As long as you aren't in the middle of casting a spell when he draws you in, there's plenty of time to stun it.

One of the biggest things we adjusted this time was to make sure that placement of the NM and tank allowed the mages to stay outside range of the silence aura, but still be able to reach the MNK for cures. We pulled the ironclad out just past the detectors, on the side of the 07 flux. Here was our placement of tank, and mages. Detector camp is in the background. You can see the MNK standing on top of the DNC's corpse - poor neverslip....

Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-05-05 11:10:51  
I'm sure a monk could work but in my experience our pld had much more success. We just suffered from shitty whm's.
 Phoenix.Amarok
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amarok 2011-05-05 11:17:38  
Be prepared to be stunned and amnesia'd for most of your time fighting him, and for that reason its a really long fight low man, even with MNK/WAR tanking.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2011-05-05 11:18:53  
Kannagi NIN/WAR + WHM/BLM; did it twice and got red stagger both times, didn't care about seals.

WHM had to use some meds, iirc due to an unexpected magic aggro after an unfortunate drawn in, but nothing that couldn't be handled.

Story had a happy ending: we both got our Zelus Tiara, so, we have only fought this thing twice. Chariot is really really easy duo too.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-05 11:35:20  
Could've easily done it with less, but I sure as hell understand the overkill. If you folks need a red proc or tank, send me a tell in-game, I don't mind lending a hand and I've got a good chunk of experience with this him. I don't need anything from it either.