Mavi Scarf For BLU?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Mavi scarf for BLU?
Mavi scarf for BLU?
First Page 2
By Zeyphr 2011-04-19 10:26:09  
Yeah i was just wondering whats the BEST neck piece for blu atm, a lot of flamming has been struck towards the af neck piece and me and my friend have farmed Nahn for a long time now. Tryin to help him get a decent neck piece. Any ideas?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2011-04-19 10:32:29  
quoted from Nightfyre
"There are options with more sword skill, there are options with more acc, there are options with haste. Terrible TP piece.

Does not break a skill tier on its own at level 80 with merits + AF body (does with no merits). As I noted on the Symbios Gloves page, not worth combining the two for an additional skill tier either. Debuffs only."
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 10:32:37  
Zeyphr said:
Yeah i was just wondering whats the BEST neck piece for blu atm

Best neck piece for what purpose?
By Zeyphr 2011-04-19 10:36:21  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Yeah I noticed the comments on that piece too lol

Haha thats why i posted it. My frriend aint got access so im trying to help him out.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Erm well i aint a great BLU for lvl 90 but he wanted the blue magic skill off it and wawas gonna build tp in it lol..

Any ideas for either situations?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-19 10:36:43  
Zeyphr said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

Yeah I noticed the comments on that piece too lol

Haha thats why i posted it. My frriend aint got access so im trying to help him out.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Erm well i aint a great BLU for lvl 90 but he wanted the blue magic skill off it and wawas gonna build tp in it lol..

almost anything would be better, throwing small amounts of otherwise useful stats does not a great neckpiece make

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-19 10:43:42  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I'm curious as well, hopefully this thread will get some real answers.

Best tp for exping in abyssea and
best tp for neck outside abyssea

at least when blus ask in game I wont ignore them lol
Hi2u tiercel necklace and fortitude torque?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 10:46:30  
Zeyphr said:
The skill is really only useful for buffs/debuffs, and even then it's the same as any old macc+4 neck for debuffs and only a marginal improvement for our buffs that are affected by skill. There's better options for TP, Fortitude Torque being ideal (rarely Ziel Charm), but it's not the worst option.

Quote:
I usually carry a Promise Badge, Soil Gorget, Ire Torque +1, Artemis' Medal, and Twilight Torque off the top of my head, in addition to Mavi Scarf. 0/some really appalling number on Fortitude, I stopped counting around 30. I keep a few other necks satcheled but that covers most things.
By Zeyphr 2011-04-19 10:46:45  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I'm curious as well, hopefully this thread will get some real answers.

Best tp for exping in abyssea and
best tp for neck outside abyssea

at least when blus ask in game I wont ignore them lol
Hi2u tiercel necklace and fortitude torque?

Thats great all in all, but with many other pieces theres always a cheaper decent version. Not a lot of ppl do sea or bother gettin access if they havent got it cause of yay abyssea is so easy >.> As for tiercal, some people wouldnt burn that much gil for it so yeah..
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-19 10:47:50  
Tiercel Necklace, Fortitude Torque, Peacock Charm, Almah Torque are all good depending.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 10:48:08  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
best neck for tping outside abyssea
Ire Torque +1, seeing as you don't need acc right now and fSTR is relevant.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-19 10:51:13  
Why do I always forget about the Ire Torque line >:\ still casting in a Justice Torque ; ;
By Zeyphr 2011-04-19 10:53:46  
Silly question i know but im sure SOMEBODY out there is diein to ask but isnt. What is Mavi Scarf actually good for? If the tpin capabilities are shot down, that leaves the MP which u never need and only the 4 Blue Magic Skill is left. Is there really any use for it?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-19 10:59:14  
Zeyphr said:
Silly question i know but im sure SOMEBODY out there is diein to ask but isnt. What is Mavi Scarf actually good for? If the tpin capabilities are shot down, that leaves the MP which u never need and only the 4 Blue Magic Skill is left. Is there really any use for it?
thank you for reaching the conclusion that seems somehow so elusive to the general public. Maybe debuff acc, that's it
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-19 11:02:42  
Would be useful for allowing you to keep your Aias Bonnet on instead of swapping it out for Mirage Keffiyeh, before you +2 your Mavi legs. That's about it.
By Zeyphr 2011-04-19 11:06:26  
Zeyphr said:
thank you for reaching the conclusion that seems somehow so elusive to the general public. Maybe debuff acc, that's it

LOL tell me abouti t >.< I geuss the magic skills attracts the use of it. So really, mavi scarf only for debuffing ?
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-19 11:07:48  
Zeyphr said:
Zeyphr said:

LOL tell me abouti t >.< I geuss the magic skills attracts the use of it. So really, mavi scarf only for debuffing ?

Yes, or as a transition piece until you reach your next skill tier (Until you get Mavi Tathlum, or +2 your +1 legs, etc;)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 11:10:10  
Zeyphr said:
I just answered that question =\

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Would be useful for allowing you to keep your Aias Bonnet on instead of swapping it out for Mirage Keffiyeh, before you +2 your Mavi legs. That's about it.
Skill tiers are not a be-all end-all goal. Aias generally beats Mirage regardless. Ire +1 may beat Mavi Scarf if the spell has a STR mod (so basically any physical DD spell you'd use except Benthic Typhoon and Vanity Dive), especially if fSTR is relevant (in which case it may sidegrade to Mavi even on the aforementioned spells).
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-19 11:11:51  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Zeyphr said:
I just answered that question =\

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Skill tiers are not a be-all end-all goal. Aias generally beats Mirage regardless. Ire +1 may beat Mavi Scarf if the spell has a STR mod (so basically any physical DD spell you'd use except Benthic Typhoon and Vanity Dive), especially if fSTR is relevant (in which case it may sidegrade to Mavi even on the aforementioned spells).

Fair enough, I'm prettymuch set as far as my skill gear goes, so I never really had to deal with the weighing out of stats vs. skill, but what you're saying makes sense.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-04-19 11:12:30  
The only use that the scarf really has would be landing 1000 Needles or debuffs whenever artemis necklace is under 4 m.acc or for stoneskin/magic barrier/drains.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-19 11:15:20  
Valefor.Prothescar said:
The only use that the scarf really has would be landing 1000 Needles or debuffs whenever artemis necklace is under 4 m.acc or for stoneskin/magic barrier/drains.

There's that other MND4 MACC4 torque don't forget.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 11:17:52  
One marginal use that I forgot to mention: it's useful for reaching 400 skill when casting Occultation without making sacrifices on your recast timer. With capped skill, merits, AF3+2 legs, Mavi Tathlum, and Scarf you're at 401 skill without giving up haste/recast reduction unless you use Tiercel (even then, only dropping 1% haste).
By Bimbam 2011-04-19 11:18:44  
If it breaks a D tier it MAY be useful. Someone would have todo math here with regards to fStr in/out of abyssea & of course wsc of certain spells. When you'r already hitting ~250 STR another 6-7 is probably not doing as much as it used to (I'm pretty sure this is why I started using relic head over Maat's cap in my build, I honestly can't remember, maybe I'm doinitwrong. If I can be bothered I'll go find out on some wabbits).

If it does though you got a weird *** build and are probably missing something like M.Tathlum which fits in a slot that only has +2 available to base stats, or are oddly merited.

TP - Tiercel Neck
WS - Sea Gorget
Virtually all spells - whatever base stat modifies it
Debuffs - arguably the stat that modifies it still on account of it affecting acc also, or just a Noetic Torque or something.

HOWEVER: If your accuracy is almost exactly 93% and you cannot afford Tiercel.... you'll prolly be better off TPing in Orochi Nodowa. I really cannot think of a justifiable reason to tp in this lol.

Head Butt piece maybe :S
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-19 11:19:43  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
One marginal use that I forgot to mention: it's useful for reaching 400 skill when casting Occultation without making sacrifices on your recast timer. With capped skill, merits, AF3+2 legs, Mavi Tathlum, and Scarf you're at 401 skill without giving up haste/recast reduction unless you use Tiercel (even then, only dropping 1% haste).

Nightfyre, just out of curiosity, which Atmas do you use for BLU?

I haven't used it in Abyssea much, and only found a few combinations I'm happy with.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 11:19:46  
Bimbam said:
If it breaks a D tier it MAY be useful. Someone would have todo math here with regards to fStr in/out of abyssea & of course wsc of certain spells. When you'r already hitting ~250 STR another 6-7 is probably not doing as much as it used to (I'm pretty sure this is why I started using relic head over Maat's cap in my build, I honestly can't remember, maybe I'm doinitwrong. If I can be bothered I'll go find out on some wabbits).

If it does though you got a weird *** build and are probably missing something like M.Tathlum which fits in a slot that only has +2 available to base stats, or are oddly merited.

TP - Tiercel Neck
WS - Sea Gorget
Virtually all spells - whatever base stat modifies it
Debuffs - arguably the stat that modifies it still on account of it affecting acc also, or just a Noetic Torque or something.

HOWEVER: If your accuracy is almost exactly 93% and you cannot afford Tiercel.... you'll prolly be better off TPing in Orochi Nodowa. I really cannot think of a justifiable reason to tp in this lol.

Head Butt piece maybe :S
Skill tiers simply add 2 base damage, so they're devalued just as much as the STR would be.
By Bimbam 2011-04-19 11:20:52  
Quote:
so they're devalued just as much as the STR would be.

come again?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 11:24:15  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I haven't used it in Abyssea much, and only found a few combinations I'm happy with.
RR/GH/Apoc - melee setup when I finish Almace
RR/VV/Apoc - hybrid spell/melee damage setup when I'm not worried about MP
RR/VV/MM - for when I need a refresh atma. In very rare cases I might swap in Stout Arm if I'm exclusively focusing on spell damage but that's pretty much never the case. I've also experimented with a regen atma from time to time, reduces time spent healing and melee isn't adding much damage if I'm focusing on fodder mobs.

Nuking setups are your standard MM/Ultimate/elemental damage or Beyond depending on spells used, Lion/Blinding Horn/Ultimate for Charged Whisker.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-04-19 11:24:31  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I realize the question is not directed at me, but I am partial toward RR/MM/Apoc or RR/VV/MM. When I finish almace, I'll probably be using RR/VV/GH. 30/50 helms!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-19 11:25:25  
Bimbam said:
Quote:
so they're devalued just as much as the STR would be.

come again?
A skill tier adds 2 base damage. Increasing WSC by 2 is also adding 2 base damage. Having higher base damage via overwhelming fSTR/WSC values in Abyssea means adding more base damage is less valuable, as you noted. Since both simply add base damage, both are devalued in Abyssea.
First Page 2