Paying For Brews, Worth?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Paying for brews, worth?
Paying for brews, worth?
 Asura.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-04-16 19:06:45  
Joining groups to Brew NMS for free when your only after a specific item your after helps as well. This is when you get what you want and other get the whatever else drop they were after.

Though in many cases I see a problem with this for example. I joined a group that was doing Orthrusx9 last nite and I can usually brew 3-4 before my timers runs out. Well rule was Brewer picks 1 item and there was only 2 brewers me and 1 other. Well so I wait for yellow proc then I proceed to brew the 1st pop and lot Ardor jewel and rest goes to the other person or FL. 2nd pop comes yellow proc done and i kill that 1, well now here is where the BS comes into play. As I lot the 2nd ardor Jewel I get kicked outta the group. I asked Alexjpchoi wtf was the meaning of this. Well he said Brewer picks 1 ya well he means the 1st kill you make under a brew your allowed to lot 1 item and whatever other kills you make during this time you are not allowed to lot on which honestly is total BS. So beware of idiots like this guy -.-
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 19:13:06  
wow that's kinda sucky. Especially when you consider how many people can barely finish just 1 harder nm with a brew. Part of what you are paying for there was the quality of the player to be able to actually kill that many. Be the same as getting someone who couldn't but used a brew per. Still pay for each kill. And really get only 1 +2 item for a brew... yeah group over here charges about 500k for +2 items but you don't have to kill tons more mobs to get it lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 19:44:53  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
This is what this game has become. Be a gamer and stop being lazy. What is the rush? Make some friends... join an LS... stop wanting the best gear in the game all at once. You are suppose to works towards goals, with friends, in an MMO to get what you want. Buying everything and anything just to have is silly... Am I alone in this thinking?
What are you talking about "game has become" people have been doing this for years.

And how can you say "Just make friends?" you're one of the rudest most unfriendly people here lol > <

What does me being rude on a forum have anything to do with someone making friends in an online game? Are you insinuating I have no friends because of how I decide to portray myself on a forum? I think you are assuming too much. Yes people did this before Abyssea, it is a lot more widespread now however. Asking to buy all your wins and the items that come along with it just oozes lazy.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 19:53:11  
You don't get to experience the fun of the game though, that's my point. Getting some people (hopefully friends..?) and using a strategy to take down the bad ***, accomplishment. Telling someone "as rudely as I can"? What was so rude about my statement? Yes I am a nice person in game, just like I am here. I am real and straightforward.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Xenhas
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Xenhas
By Gilgamesh.Xenhas 2011-04-16 19:57:09  
didn't care to read half the posts before i checked op's gear.
but seriously. buying brews?
can you at least buy a PURPLE belt first? headlong on mnk? srsly?
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-04-16 20:10:06  
Dray is one of the nicest people I've met in game. He is always willing to help out. Fact.
[+]
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-16 20:34:45  
soooo...we're not talking about beer here?? mybad.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-16 20:35:12  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Dray is one of the nicest people I've met in game. He is always willing to help out. Fact.

That has nothing to do with how people post on forums. I've heard of people who were nice and helpful in-game, but were total *** on forums. Not trying to attack Draylo or anything, just pointing that out.
[+]
 Shiva.Cybermario
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-04-17 00:29:32  
Mackstrife did bring a relly good point and is not just shout fail but lack of interest from players that already have either atma, wins or gear.

at this moment shiva may have that as the biggest problem, i try to join to every random group shouting for members and is common to see how people either ignore them or leave after one NM as they already have all they wanted.
i think was earlier this week how we got one win, party elader asked for help to go for a second win, half of the people left saying "sorry i already have that win and i have all the drops". sadly people is not willing to offer a hand in most cases.

as for easy gil... not my case, being honest i would trully break my back saving gil just for one brew, if i ever decide to do it. Have 5 wins and one CAT so may not need to do it in the end, still shouts for wins been scarse all week, hoping this sunday to improve.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-17 01:21:31  
Have you tried joining a decent LS? Most LS are capped out on all those things nowadays (atma and such) so maybe they can help you out for free.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-17 01:30:04  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Have you tried joining a decent LS? Most LS are capped out on all those things nowadays (atma and such) so maybe they can help you out for free.
I did once... but that was like when the 2nd expansion came out and only reason I got to lot anything that wasn't rotting was cause after a couple of months I said I might be leaving and leader was trying to get me to stay
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-17 01:37:23  
I've been with the same LS for a long time but I can see it happening, how a lot of people want to use others... There aren't any established LS's with good rep on your server? I guess since these days you don't need a LS once you get decent atma etc, most people opt out of joining one. I just couldn't stand being solo all the time, would be too boring. I like chatting/helping with random things like missions and stuff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-17 01:54:55  
It's not solo if you're with a small group of friends
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-17 02:40:51  
Shiva.Cybermario said:
was thinking how much and if it's worth to pay someone with an abyssite of cosmos to brew NM's in abyssea.

pretty much to get gear and wins to go against shinryu.

i don't get it

whatever you'd be selling the drops/win for if you killed the nm normally is what you'd be selling them for if you brewed it

i don't see how the kill method would change the price
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-17 13:25:11  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I've been with the same LS for a long time but I can see it happening, how a lot of people want to use others... There aren't any established LS's with good rep on your server? I guess since these days you don't need a LS once you get decent atma etc, most people opt out of joining one. I just couldn't stand being solo all the time, would be too boring. I like chatting/helping with random things like missions and stuff.

There are a few, but thanks to Abyssea, a lot of shells are meeting slow ends. There are still a few that operate, but not with the amount of man power as before since in some cases, at least in Abyssea, it's not really needed.

As for shouts Cybermario, I saw one for Razed Ruins last night... so just to say what I said yesterday, people do still need these types of things. If a shout fails this morning, it doesn't mean it will fail tonight. Keep trying.
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-04-17 13:32:49  
Leviathan.Novax said:
It's not solo if you're with a small group of friends

he refuses to see the benefits of rolling with a tiny group of close friends since he doesn't have any of his own (inb4 ls cronies)

Mackstrife is right, most of the big shells are falling apart and there's no reason to be in one. it's nice to have the chatter of lots of people, but *** daily scheduled events for abyssea of all things...
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-04-17 14:54:52  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
there are a coupls that have a good rep. and probably of the very few organized to do abysea runs but i dont meet all requirements to apply to join such sea/sky access and i need win in dynamis xarcabard.

Other than that i have been in good linkshells that end in the gutter due to members doing core groups inside the LS, powering a few and really not caring to help the rest, an example is VanadielFriends which was great and with cool people (my respects for vyvien), then Lithium (now leader of a troll LS) and some of his friends did that core group, forcing many people to search a new LS as they never got help. And can name a few like Onaura or Auralee among others that can comfirm this.
Currently in Goldmember tyring to fight so this dont happen again, we have got issues with selfish members thinking only they deserve to have gears and atma above the rest, some have decided to leave the LS because of this.

Shiva.Mackstrife said:
As for shouts Cybermario, I saw one for Razed Ruins last night... so just to say what I said yesterday, people do still need these types of things. If a shout fails this morning, it doesn't mean it will fail tonight. Keep trying.
Yes i joined the first run for it yesterday and got RR, finally have my VV + RR set for MNK :)