Paying For Brews, Worth?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Paying for brews, worth?
Paying for brews, worth?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Cybermario
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-04-15 07:11:09  
was thinking how much and if it's worth to pay someone with an abyssite of cosmos to brew NM's in abyssea.

pretty much to get gear and wins to go against shinryu.
 Asura.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Asura
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-04-15 07:15:45  
I usually charge 500k-3mil gil depending on the drops and the NM im brewing.
 Cerberus.Tidalecko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tidalecko
By Cerberus.Tidalecko 2011-04-15 07:18:27  
Anything under 500k would be a rip-off to the brewer because cruor accrues rather slowly when you don't farm it daily. Having said that, see if you can get someone to brew ya for 200k. It'd be a bargain for you :D
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-15 07:25:17  
If you are only giving them gil I wouldn't do it for less than 500k since you should be able to make at least that on npcables with 200k cruor.

But then there is the whole paying for the persons time. And might want to factor in how many nms they want you to brew since not everyone is can one shot everything lol. Are you helping them proc etc
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-04-15 07:37:02  
Eh normally I don't charge for brews. Usually bored outa my mind when I do it anyways, but when I do it's usually round 100-200k to be reasonable for those without alot of Gil but that's not that often lol (^з^)-☆
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-04-15 07:40:32  
Wouldn't it be better to pay people to help you get the abyssite of cosmos?
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-04-15 07:44:51  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Wouldn't it be better to pay people to help you get the abyssite of cosmos?

There's shouts all the tine still for zone bosses/caturea/shinryu on most servers so that really isn't a problem
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-04-15 07:45:40  
Then it makes even less sense to pay for someone else to brew.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-04-15 07:47:41  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Then it makes even less sense to pay for someone else to brew.
Yea but some people are lazy and want the easy way out lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Fuzball
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fuzball
By Leviathan.Fuzball 2011-04-15 07:51:04  
Yesterday I saw a shout asking for someone to brew Shinryu for 150k. I died a little inside as I was reminded how little some people value the time and effort of others. Granted s/he did mention that it was all they could afford, but I guess I felt a little insulted on everyone's behalf. I agree with Ziek's suggested price range and Dasva's reasoning. How many NMs one can kill with a brew is something huge to consider. I won't even bother brewing shin these days unless I'm offered 1 mil and I'm in a good mood. Even for friends and LS members who I won't charge, I drag my feet unless they have at least 4-5 pops lined up. Just seems like a waste to go one-shot something and watch 2min 50sec of brew go down the drain.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-15 08:09:41  
To be honest, I don't have the Abyssite yet, but when I do, assuming I'm good in the money department I would most likely brew for free. In particular for LS members it's going to be free, but that's a given because they help me with stuff.
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-04-16 14:49:46  
the idea was more to get gear without the hassle to join a group and lot for something i want, zone wins are easy, many shouts for it, doubt i need to pay for that.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:52:45  
This is what this game has become. Be a gamer and stop being lazy. What is the rush? Make some friends... join an LS... stop wanting the best gear in the game all at once. You are suppose to works towards goals, with friends, in an MMO to get what you want. Buying everything and anything just to have is silly... Am I alone in this thinking?
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-16 14:56:44  
With Draylo on this.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:58:14  
I mean buying select pieces here and there is fine, maybe you don't want to put in the time for something you hate doing/don't care for like Limbus or specific Abyssea drops etc. To ask to buy every single win and gear that comes along with it is just... why?
[+]
 Shiva.Cybermario
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-04-16 16:33:34  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
This is what this game has become. Be a gamer and stop being lazy. What is the rush? Make some friends... join an LS... stop wanting the best gear in the game all at once. You are suppose to works towards goals, with friends, in an MMO to get what you want. Buying everything and anything just to have is silly... Am I alone in this thinking?
I completely agree with you, usually i hunt/camp for all my gear before decide to buy anything from AH, same goes to elveling i never leech in abyssea.

but after months away really feel i need to powerup my mnk a bit to help more when im asked to tank
By Serj 2011-04-16 16:50:38  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Because people never bought HNM/salvage/einherjar/merc gear before. Lol.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 16:53:18  
I buy gear alot now. But I'm not really on that much or at regular times alot. And lss breaking or me having to quit them etc. Can only solo so much lol
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-04-16 17:04:59  
500k for the brew + however much for the item/time you spent.

anything 500k or under is either free or you paid them to take the item.
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-16 17:19:31  
Why not just finish the wins you need and just brew them yourself for the gear??

Most of the zone bosses are low manned anyway. As for the cauture (sp?) mobs, MOST of them are low man-able also. The only ones I could feasibly see being an issue would be Raja and Rani and in all seriousness, if you need those two still, let me know, I may brew them for a friend who just came back to the game anyway. The same applies to the zone wins. (He has 0 wins) If anything, I would just shout in Port, you would be surprised how many people still need things.

Short version: Don't waste your gil, get the wins/kills you still need and brew things yourself.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 17:20:59  
Maybe he just wants to get it done faster. It's not like those shouts always work and such
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-16 17:23:53  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Maybe he just wants to get it done faster. It's not like those shouts always work and such

I can agree with that, I just don't understand it personally. Abyssea is fairly easy as is...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 17:29:41  
Small servers kinda fail in the shout department... though that will change soon enough. And sometimes it's hard just to find some people to do it in any reasonable amount of time. I mean really there is nothing that is really that hard to get any more. Gil is just a way to get it easier/faster
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-16 17:37:46  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Small servers kinda fail in the shout department... though that will change soon enough. And sometimes it's hard just to find some people to do it in any reasonable amount of time. I mean really there is nothing that is really that hard to get any more. Gil is just a way to get it easier/faster

I don't think its a shout fail... If anything I think its an general lack of interest... A lot of people already have these wins so when there is a shout for something that is not needed, then yes, people tend to ignore it. I can be quite honest that I really don't want to fight Rani again. But, since my friend still needs it and other people still want the ring (myself included), then it will be fought. In that respect, I'm giving the OP the option to do it with us if they want to save their gil for other uses. I do agree, having gil does make things that much easier. But in the end if the OP would rather pay his way through Abyssea... Well, that's their choice.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-16 17:42:46  
Is it worth it? Only you can decide that. Personally, I would pay for brews because gil is a lot easier to come by for me than cruor, due to my limited playtime.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 17:59:45  
Yeah I've only done rani 3 times.

Once was for clear.

Another was cause someone specifically sent me a tell paying me 200k for blue proc... I actually ignored the shout when it was 100k. The funniest part was they actually had the proc but mistimed it several times then took 2 brews to kill it... the last one being used when it was only at 1%.... I was going to EES it myself but oh well. Free atma for me too.

3rd was someone was like hey you want a free hecates earring!?! So yeah I came... they were just duoing mnk and whm til they got proc or reset if they didn't have and then brew think they could've actually just duo'd the whole fight. But the mnk didn't have club ws and it was club with blunt almost over... so I actually ended up procing on rdm almost naked lol.

But yeah always something there for me. Not that I'm greedy but generally if I'm standing actually at the comp in places people shout it's because I'm doing something or looking to do something else.

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Is it worth it? Only you can decide that. Personally, I would pay for brews because gil is a lot easier to come by for me than cruor, due to my limited playtime.
Not sure about that unless you buy gil or have something really good for making gil or know someone that sells brews super cheap. A good cruor pt can make over 100k cruor an hour. So if you know another way to consistantly make 250k gil an hour send me a pm please
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-16 18:06:42  
Dasva, I'm the same way, I rarely am in an area that's "shout heavy" unless I'm afk or looking something up or zoning out of that area. I do see some good ones here or there, but generally I tell my LS mates or my girlfriend, I don't put much stock in them myself.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 18:11:44  
Yeah only shout I've seen for zone with other than can I have it I didn't actually see an ls mate did so got my alt in on it... and they sucked so hard pretty sure we ended up raging it... people were timing out and had a 1200 non crit to a lvl 90 drg lol. So ended up having to come out on my main anyways and brew it.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-16 18:21:30  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Not sure about that unless you buy gil or have something really good for making gil or know someone that sells brews super cheap. A good cruor pt can make over 100k cruor an hour. So if you know another way to consistantly make 250k gil an hour send me a pm please

PM sent btw...
 Asura.Ziekwalt
user: Eirza
By Asura.Ziekwalt 2011-04-16 18:57:50  
Bismarck.Nevill said:
This is a problem people have most often when they cant play to get what they need within a short time frame.
First Page 2