Voidwatch Emerges!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Voidwatch Emerges!
Voidwatch Emerges!
First Page 2
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-08 03:31:51  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/4925

For the lazy:
Quote:
The forthcoming version update will feature a new battle system called “Voidwatch.”

In Voidwatch, bands of six to eighteen members will square off against “Voidwalkers,” savage entities that have breached planar bounds to invade multiple landscapes spanning past and present. By slaying these manifestations of terror, you and your stalwart comrades will gradually come to discover the true nature of the threat that has all of Vana’diel up in arms.

The upcoming May patch contains the first installment of this new challenge, and readies eighteen fields whereupon you will duel the dreaded Voidwalkers. The battle will expand to yet more areas in ensuing releases.

We will provide more information regarding Voidwatch in subsequent announcements, so stay tuned and steel yourself for battle!
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-04-08 03:34:20  
so like VNM 3.0?
[+]
 Asura.Wordspoken
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2011-04-08 03:34:44  
Sounds like this is the new HNM thing SE was talking about?
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-08 03:35:59  
Is that thing Quad-wielding evil-Masamune's? o.o
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-04-08 03:36:54  
It sounds like WoE's type battlefields, which hopefully means it will be lots of HNM fun. (As opposed to VNM's when they were first introduced...which were kind of annoying.)

So geeky, but the first thing I thought of after seeing the screenshot was Mecha Shiva... ;_;

Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-04-08 03:39:14  
Could be Kindred Crest BCNM type things.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 03:48:45  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
so like VNM 3.0?

Doubt it.

Caitsith.Linear said:

This is my Guess.

Its "6-18 man", has "18 fields". I don't think its VNM Teir 3, I think its a Use for KC and HKC's in a BCNM-Style Event.

Also, People in SS are wearing new armor/Weapons (aside from the daggers)
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-04-08 03:54:57  
Caitsith.Linear said:
i *** hope so!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:02:35  
Well, actually on BG someone pointed out theres a Stirge in the bottom-right corner. That could be Horutoto Ruins, Or it could be an Einherjar Type battle system where you fight through wussies to get to the big boss.

Its really up in the air now.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-08 04:14:19  
Gilgamesh!

Hey, finally something end-game not abyssea though, I'm happy. Maybe now people can lol@ DRK for the right reasons, instead of just not having a sooper crit ws!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-04-08 04:14:24  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Well, actually on BG someone pointed out theres a Stirge in the bottom-right corner. That could be Horutoto Ruins, Or it could be an Einherjar Type battle system where you fight through wussies to get to the big boss.

Its really up in the air now.

time to call our spy
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-08 04:17:05  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Gilgamesh!

Hey, finally something end-game not abyssea though, I'm happy. Maybe now people can lol@ DRK for the right reasons, instead of just not having a sooper crit ws!

I'm hoping with this new event other jobs will be useful again that are 'useless' now, like DRK, SCH, etc. My SCH could really use some love again.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-04-08 04:18:02  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Gilgamesh!

I'm hoping with this new event other jobs will be useful again that are 'useless' now, like DRK, SCH, etc. My SCH could really use some love again.
time for those 9999999999 masamune's to get off their ***
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:20:09  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Gilgamesh!

At least Abyssea had a system that attempted to make jobs useful, even for small reasons :|

Drk was the only one to proc the majority of Scythe "Blue" Weaponskills. meaning you need one to guarantee during Slashing time.

SCH on the other hand...
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-08 04:22:02  
By "Majority of Scythe "Blue" Weapon skills" You mean Cross Reaper only.

You sure know how to make a girl feel needed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-04-08 04:22:09  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Gilgamesh!

you're probably right, I remember looking at FFV Advance he had a 2nd form with more arms, but Gilgamesh being a Voidwatch HNM does kinda fit him for the fact he was in the void maybe?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:24:28  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
By "Majority of Scythe "Blue" Weapon skills" You mean Cross Reaper only.

You sure know how to make a girl feel needed.

What other event in the game at least gave 1 specific use for the Majority of jobs, Like Abyssea Weakness system did :X?

Even something as small as 1 WS, It attempted to give every job a use. Its small i know, Never said it was huge. I just said the attempt was there...

I know DRK gets no love, really, Again, Just trying to say there was SOME effort by SE to make each job useful.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-04-08 04:26:11  
Giglamesh was really the first thing that came to mind the second I saw that image.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-08 04:28:05  
Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Giglamesh was really the first thing that came to mind the second I saw that image.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:28:51  
Bahamut.Wakabo said:

I think/Hope it was for everyones :P its basically an Iconic image when it comes to Gilgamesh in FF Series.

On top of that, I know Gilgamesh in some games was "Locked in the Void", or "Emerging from the void". So it fits.

But with Gilgamesh already in FFXI as a Pirate King, I wonder if they'll still name this Gilgamesh and toss the Pirate King as "named after the legendary swordsman" not actually BEING it, or something different.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-04-08 04:29:30  
Would be cool if it tied in w/ Lions bad dreams they ended with at the very end of Rise of Zilart/CoP AKA "The Last Verse"

Gilgamesh was first thing that popped in my head when I saw the pic too tho :3

The new armor designs look neat kinda sorta too o:
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-08 04:31:01  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bahamut.Wakabo said:

I think/Hope it was for everyones :P its basically an Iconic image when it comes to Gilgamesh in FF Series.

On top of that, I know Gilgamesh in some games was "Locked in the Void", or "Emerging from the void". So it fits.

But with Gilgamesh already in FFXI as a Pirate King, I wonder if they'll still name this Gilgamesh and toss the Pirate King as "named after the legendary swordsman" not actually BEING it, or something different.

The Explanation is obvious, interdimensional Gilgamesh is brewing us.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:31:51  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bahamut.Wakabo said:

I...
thats...

FLAWLESS LOGIC :O!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-08 04:33:42  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bahamut.Wakabo said:

I...
thats...

FLAWLESS LOGIC :O!

That's the only kind I deliver.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-04-08 04:40:12  
That looks interesting, I'm curious to see further details. I also agree that this might be the new KCNM they talked about. If not then cool cause it means there's still more to come :o
 Leviathan.Ositoslindo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Tenmetsu
By Leviathan.Ositoslindo 2011-04-08 04:40:54  
GENJI ARMOR?! YES? YES?! :D
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:41:42  
Also they did mention it spanning "Past and Present". So I'm thinking VNM/ZNM style event In current zones :|

We can just hope its like ZNM, Buy Pop item with KC/HKC and pop the NM. Hopefully having multiple-NMs up being possible.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-08 04:41:44  
WoE has many chambers left unrevealed still.

Food for thought.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-04-08 04:42:34  
Leviathan.Ositoslindo said:
GENJI ARMOR?! YES? YES?! :D
Thought the same thing!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-08 04:43:17  
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
WoE has many chambers left unrevealed still.

Food for thought.

It could span to WoE, but i think they'll probably expand WoE. They are Working on revamping old Content (Mentioned Salvage udpates as well as Dynamis, WoE could be next).

I personally dont think it'll be WoE related. The Zone in the SS looks like Horutoto Ruins.

This is a quote from another Website on the topic:

Fiarlia;67508 said:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060412164345/ffxi/images/5/53/InnerHorutotoRuins2.png

F-10 on this map is where it looks like this battle takes place, at the sideways "T" intersection, the part where the cave portions turns into the Quluu constructed portion.

It looks like the part in question. Stirge included.
First Page 2