users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Anyone actually still here? :/
Anyone actually still here? :/
 Sylph.Amfortas
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: gillmaree
By Sylph.Amfortas 2011-03-13 19:40:20  
I can't believe the complaining already.....Do any of you even understand the magnitude of what has happened in Japan? Or even care? And this on the heals of the devastating quake in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I would hazard that SE had no choice but to shut down the servers, and don't any of you be surprised if it takes longer than a week to get them back up and running. The priorities have to be the population, food, water, power, hospitals, rescue/recovery efforts, rebuilding etc. Gaming is low man on the totem pole at this point.

Enjoy a forced vacation from your daily fix, go to school, get a job, clean the house, fix up your yard, enjoy your family, your kids and friends, lose weight, stop smoking and drinking and stop worrying about your AF3. This is naught but a game, counts for nothing on your real life resume. Get out and have fun! Support your local economy and if you can, send a small amount to the relief fund of your choice to help those in need.

Haiti still needs to be rebuilt, despite all the aid that poured in. Haiti's Government is so corrupt it lines its own pockets with aid earmarked for the general population. So do parts of New Orleans, like Plaquemines parish, the 9th Ward etc. Let the people who originally lived there come back to affordable, decent homes and kick the greedy *** developers out.

We could make a difference if we all pooled our resources and concentrated on the important things like changing the way Government works for the good of all.

Japan will recover, but it will take decades. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers and hope that CA or anywhere else on the West Coast doesn't get hit like they were. Complacency and apathy are the enemies.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2011-03-13 19:40:34  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Been toying with my Siggy, XD I have to add a few more jobs though, :P

meh..

i made one too

Avi:

Sig:
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:05:38  
Everyone understands where your coming from but What can we do other then Prayers? I know it's bad matter fact worst I went to the same problem last Year for Haiti, I know how it felt Trust me but Did i kill myself no I just kept my Family and my people in prayer and send money that's all i could have done. The best thing to do right now is to remain calm and Keep it positive.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:09:03  
Sylph.Amfortas said:
I can't believe the complaining already.....Do any of you even understand the magnitude of what has happened in Japan? Or even care? And this on the heals of the devastating quake in Christchurch, New Zealand.

I would hazard that SE had no choice but to shut down the servers, and don't any of you be surprised if it takes longer than a week to get them back up and running. The priorities have to be the population, food, water, power, hospitals, rescue/recovery efforts, rebuilding etc. Gaming is low man on the totem pole at this point.

Enjoy a forced vacation from your daily fix, go to school, get a job, clean the house, fix up your yard, enjoy your family, your kids and friends, lose weight, stop smoking and drinking and stop worrying about your AF3. This is naught but a game, counts for nothing on your real life resume. Get out and have fun! Support your local economy and if you can, send a small amount to the relief fund of your choice to help those in need.

Haiti still needs to be rebuilt, despite all the aid that poured in. Haiti's Government is so corrupt it lines its own pockets with aid earmarked for the general population. So do parts of New Orleans, like Plaquemines parish, the 9th Ward etc. Let the people who originally lived there come back to affordable, decent homes and kick the greedy *** developers out.

We could make a difference if we all pooled our resources and concentrated on the important things like changing the way Government works for the good of all.

Japan will recover, but it will take decades. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers and hope that CA or anywhere else on the West Coast doesn't get hit like they were. Complacency and apathy are the enemies.

Then instead of berating the people posting here, get off your fat *** and go do something about it. Volunteer to join groups going there for aid, donate money, raise awareness of various donation foundations in your neighborhood. Anything except sitting on a forum trying to make people care or feel upset because they are alive and going through their days normally and posting on a forum or playing games.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:10:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Darknano said:
Everyone understands where your coming from but What can we do other then Prayers? I know it's bad matter fact worst I went to the same problem last Year for Haiti, I know how it felt Trust me but Did i kill myself no I just kept my Family and my people in prayer and send money that's all i could have done. The best thing to do right now is to remain calm and Keep it positive.

Go donate. Prayers don't do ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-03-13 20:13:20  
Japan doesn't need anyones help, idk why there are so many *** relief funds for them, they're one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and their cities are BUILT for this ***. I have nothing against helping them, or hoping the best for them, but they really don't need the money.

Haiti is still in deep ***from what happened to them, send the money that way instead.
 Asura.Theringer
サーバ: Asura
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-03-13 20:13:45  
Asura.Malekith said:
A year from now we'll all remember this as the week that drama ended on Asura... well for a week anyways... ;0

We'll remember this as the week the drama came to the forums instead... It'll happen..
 Leviathan.Erang
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-03-13 20:13:59  
how do all these different threads end up talking about the same ***

/wrist

Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-13 20:16:13  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

^ This.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:21:15  
I don't know where your from but Prayer does help. If it wasn't for Prayer Japan and Haiti could have been History. Look @ the map both in the middle of the water so ya... Prayer does Help... And unless you see a Honest bone in people body they going to just make more money over disasters like this.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-13 20:22:38  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

since we're talking so candidly and disregarding other's beliefs. You're an ignorant pompous moron who believes anything you believe is fact.

I don't personally believe in prayers or religion but are you truly incapable of understanding why people do? Or just incapable of respecting other's beliefs?

And yet you'd desire us to respect yours?

Sorry to go so off topic though, tell me I'm mad dray and shrug this off as such
It has nothing to do with respecting people's beliefs. The cold hard fact of the matter is donating money is actually helping people in need versus praying which does not help whatsoever.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:22:51  
Thank you Finally someone have a Brain Here...
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-03-13 20:23:08  
Leviathan.Erang said:
how do all these different threads end up talking about the same *** /wrist
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-13 20:23:28  
Leviathan.Erang said:
how do all these different threads end up talking about the same ***

/wrist

ok look, if you're in shape and you post a half naked pic of your back, it's still pretty bad.

but you

you're just a regular dude, posting a photo of his regular unclothed back

why
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-13 20:26:25  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Then instead of berating the people posting here, get off your fat *** and go do something about it. Volunteer to join groups going there for aid, donate money, raise awareness of various donation foundations in your neighborhood. Anything except sitting on a forum trying to make people care or feel upset because they are alive and going through their days normally and posting on a forum or playing games.

LOL *** POT KETTLE BLACK ROFLLLLLLLLL.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:27:37  
I'm not forcing people to care though :/
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-13 20:28:46  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

since we're talking so candidly and disregarding other's beliefs. You're an ignorant pompous moron who believes anything you believe is fact.

I don't personally believe in prayers or religion but are you truly incapable of understanding why people do? Or just incapable of respecting other's beliefs?

Sorry to go so off topic though, tell me I'm mad dray and shrug this off as such
It has nothing to do with respecting peoples' beliefs. The cold hard fact of the matter is donating money is actually helping people in need versus praying which does not help whatsoever.
Why are you telling me your opinion is fact Chaos? Show me proof that a prayer does nothing. Just because you and I believe something does not mean it's fact

Does anyone else think this behavior is disgusting?
If your home just got destroyed and you had no clean water and food, would you rather someone donate money that would buy you clean water and food, or just have someone pray for you?

Seriously you honestly think praying is going to feed people and cloth people, and bring them clean water? That's a cold hard fact right there.

EDIT: It's not an opinion, money buys thing people need. Prayers don't. Show me how praying buys you food and clean water and then you would have a leg to stand on.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:29:21  
I wont continue this convo because its no use talking to people who doesn't anything but the *** they feed them might as well be a dog on a leech can't think for yourself and actually ask the Question Why? both Spiritually and Physic

thank you Josia~~~~~ your one of the lucky ones
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:31:31  
Chaox your really stupid stop talking plz

I would pray for people that doesn't give a Flying ????? to actually give a ????
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:34:20  
Yeah keep saying you are praying for people as an excuse to not spend money. Cheap, just donate and actually help them out.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-13 20:34:54  
I wont continue this convo because its no use talking to people who doesn't anything but the *** they feed them might as well be a dog on a leech can't think for yourself and actually ask the Question Why? both Spiritually and Physic

thank you Josia~~~~~ your one of the lucky ones
Sorry to tell you but the people affected by any natural disaster need food, water, cloths, and shelter. Money buys those things for them. If you can't accept something as simple as that, I don't know what to tell you.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-03-13 20:36:09  
Chaox your really stupid stop talking plz

I would pray for people that doesn't give a Flying ????? to actually give a ????
If all else fails result to name calling. Classic.
[+]
 Leviathan.Erang
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2011-03-13 20:37:00  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

If all else fails result to name calling. Classic.

anything with jazz hands
 Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:37:20  
OMG... You guys dont take the time to even read what the ???? is in front of you read my first post.... I did not only say prayer you guys only think about money money money yet leave the Prayer side away. idc what religion your in or what you are but if you have a god of some sort at least pray for them... stop being blind wake the freak up and grow up
 Valefor.Leith
サーバ: Valefor
user: Leith
By Valefor.Leith 2011-03-13 20:38:24  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

It has nothing to do with respecting peoples' beliefs. The cold hard fact of the matter is donating money is actually helping people in need versus praying which does not help whatsoever.
Why are you telling me your opinion is fact Chaos? Show me proof that a prayer does nothing. Just because you and I believe something does not mean it's fact

Does anyone else think this behavior is disgusting?
If your home just got destroyed and you had no clean water and food, would you rather someone donate money that would buy you clean water and food, or just have someone pray for you?

Seriously you honestly think praying is going to feed people and cloth people, and bring them clean water? That's a cold hard fact right there.

EDIT: It's not an opinion, money buys thing people need. Prayers don't. Show me how praying buys you food and clean water and then you would have a leg to stand on.
if no one else caught that...
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 20:39:12  
OMG... You guys dont take the time to even read what the ???? is in front of you read my first post.... I did not only say prayer you guys only think about money money money yet leave the Prayer side away. idc what religion your in or what you are but if you have a god of some sort at least pray for them... stop being blind wake the freak up and grow up

Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-03-13 20:40:11  
your really stupid

generally i don't nitpick grammar

but dammit, those particular three words used in conjunction should result in an instaban

Quetzalcoatl.Darknano
By Quetzalcoatl.Darknano 2011-03-13 20:40:33  
Wow I rest my case on that with you guys.... you win