フォーラム » FFXI » General » *possibly* Temp Shutdown of FFXI(XIV) servers
*possibly* Temp Shutdown of FFXI(XIV) servers
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-03-13 03:16:08  
The merge should be put off. We had over 2k on tonight and I don't expect it to go back down until some type of normalcy returns.
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-03-13 03:18:33  
Bahamut.Paulus said:
The merge should be put off. We had over 2k on tonight and I don't expect it to go back down until some type of normalcy returns.

Weekend JP primetime is always that busy. Always has been, hasn't fluctuated a whole lot. Our server has a lot of weekend-only JP players.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-03-13 03:19:43  
Titan.Lillica said:
If they take the servers down for this anyone think they might just say two birds one stone and merge the servers that were on the list during the downtime?

I used to be a sysadmin and from that point of view I was just thinking it would make sense to do it that way, less downtime/bitching.
Siren.Kalilla said:
Only issue I have with that is, the warning isn't long enough. If they are going to shut down the servers (probably will decide in the next few hours), then they will be very soon.

That means that players would not have the appropriate time window to make sure they are ready. Not everyone plays everyday, and certainly not everyone during the time the news was announced. Although that would be highly convenient so the community does not have the update later on, chances are it is out of the question.

They aren't going to keep the servers up for another week if they're going to shut down. It will be later on today, tomorrow at the very latest. If it goes past that then chances are they aren't going to shut the servers down anyways.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-13 03:23:30  
welp, gonna happen now :P
 Asura.Cutestuffies
By Asura.Cutestuffies 2011-03-13 03:24:10  
If your biggest problem is that the servers are shutting down, you should count your blessings. I'm surprised that the virtual game we play is more important, to some of you, than the countless number of individuals who have perished in this natural disaster. I think the least of their worries is to refund the monthly fee. Maybe it will do some of us a favor to get away from the game for a little while, so you realize what is important in life, and it is definitely not this game.

Do something productive with that monthly fee and text 90999 to the Red Cross to donate ten dollars to assist with this disaster!

[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-03-13 03:24:20  
Not a possibility. Its shutting down at 2 am PST. No idea for how long either.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-13 03:24:48  
1 hour, 38 minutes.
 Ifrit.Arawn
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-03-13 03:25:33  
Here's to hoping that our 'sacrifice' makes Japan a better place, right? By sacrifice I mean our liberation from the computer. Maybe I'll see if any volunteer organizations around me are planning to do anything for Japan.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-13 03:27:29  
Ugh!

Good luck Japan. I wish I could say for unselfish reasons, but I hope your ***gets better soon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
サーバ: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-03-13 03:27:44  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
1 hour, 38 minutes.

its 1:25 AM PST atm, so in 35 minutes the servers will shut down.
 Caitsith.Syrael
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Syrael
By Caitsith.Syrael 2011-03-13 03:28:37  
Its 12:25 pst and they said 2am pst not est
 Ragnarok.Reyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: TheGerm
By Ragnarok.Reyn 2011-03-13 03:28:40  
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20541.shtml

For those that haven't already read, the game will be down at least one week. And you're not paying for the damned month lol.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-03-13 03:29:13  
Edit:
Nvm it was posted already
 Lakshmi.Theadvsone
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Theadvsone 2011-03-13 03:29:20  
Just saw they are shutting us down at 2:00 am pst so about 40 min. Let all our thoughts go the the Japanese people in their time of need. Please bring us back when its possible.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-03-13 03:29:45  
Update:
Quote:
@FFXI_EN: Due to the earthquakes that have occurred in Japan, we have decided to temporarily suspend the game servers.(1/5) #FFXI
Quote:
@FFXI_EN: To accommodate the suspension of services, players will not be billed for the FFXI service throughout the April billing cycle.(2/5) #FFXI
Quote:
@FFXI_EN: Please see the official announcement for more details. http://bit.ly/gr1YgH (3/5) #FFXI
Quote:
@FFXI_EN: We will continue to operate the official websites and the forums to provide updates on the current situation.(4/5) #FFXI
Quote:
@FFXI_EN: Additional information regarding this matter will also be posted on the Information section as it becomes available.(5/5) #FFXI
 Phoenix.Princessrin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-13 03:32:56  
daylight saving :(

Also i heard it's for a week.
 Asura.Cutestuffies
By Asura.Cutestuffies 2011-03-13 03:33:46  
Ifrit.Arawn said:
Here's to hoping that our 'sacrifice' makes Japan a better place, right? By sacrifice I mean our liberation from the computer. Maybe I'll see if any volunteer organizations around me are planning to do anything for Japan.

That's a good idea! I like your thinking.
 Siren.Stunx
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2011-03-13 03:33:49  
i'd still be willing to pay for my month
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Astrida
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Astrida
By Gilgamesh.Astrida 2011-03-13 03:33:49  
Mar. 13, 2011 00:00 [PST] From: PlayOnline
Temporary Suspension of the Services Due to an Earthquake

Due to the continuous earthquakes occurring in the eastern regions of Japan since Mar. 11, 2011, the power companies in Japan have encouraged everyone to cooperate by conserving as much energy as possible as it is feared there will not be enough power supply. Based on the current situation, we have decided to shut down the game servers temporarily, and therefore to suspend services of FINAL FANTASY XIV, FINAL FANTASY XI, and PlayOnline temporarily.

The services will be temporarily suspended for at least a week starting on Mar. 13, 2011 3:00 (PDT). We will provide an update regarding the reinstatement of the service as additional information becomes available. In connection with the temporary suspension of services, players will not be billed for any PlayOnline service throughout the April billing cycle. Additional information regarding this matter will also be posted as it becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding of this unusual situations.

[Date & Time]
A week starting from Mar. 13, 2011 3:00 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV
- FINAL FANTASY XI
- PlayOnline

* Additionally, the following services are currently unavailable:

- Friend List Plus
- FINAL FANTASY XI Linkshell Community Beta Version
- PlayOnline Friend List Application
- Community Site Link Registration: Owner Menu

* Please be advised that we will continue to operate the official websites, FINAL FANTASY XIV Lodestone, forums, and the SQUARE ENIX Support Center to be able provide our customers with updates on the current situation.
????
????
[Reference]
An excerpt from the Caution posted on
TOKYO ELECTRIC POWER COMPANY (TEPCO)’s home page:

A big earthquake occurred in the northern part of Japan at 2:46PM of March 11th 2011. Because TEPCO's facilities have been seriously damaged, power shortage may occur.
TEPCO appreciates customers' cooperation in reducing electricity usage by avoiding using unnecessary lighting and electrical equipment.
We are taking all measures to restore power, however, we expect extremely challenging situation in power supply for a while. We kindly ask our customers to cooperate with us in reducing usage of power.
 Valefor.Forgotten
サーバ: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-03-13 03:36:32  
Gilgamesh.Joltx said:
If they do shut the servers down, you may want to clear your dboxes now, just in case they decide to do the major update/merger before putting them back up
Titan.Lillica said:
If they take the servers down for this anyone think they might just say two birds one stone and merge the servers that were on the list during the downtime?

I used to be a sysadmin and from that point of view I was just thinking it would make sense to do it that way, less downtime/bitching.
Little hard to move character files on the hard drives and reconfigure the lobby server to change server entries when the power is off.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-13 03:36:42  
Phoenix.Princessrin said:

Heard this where exactly.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-13 03:38:15  
Its offical, a week.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-13 03:38:44  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Phoenix.Princessrin said:

Heard this where exactly.

jp friend lol. >:
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 03:38:51  
At least a week.

People are mad I'm guessing >.>
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-03-13 03:39:07  
Gilgamesh.Astrida said:
Mar. 13, 2011 00:00 [PST] From: PlayOnline

[Date & Time]
A week starting from Mar. 13, 2011 3:00 (PDT)

Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-13 03:39:42  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
At least a week.

People are mad I'm guessing >.>

Yeah :(

Back to masturbating until I'm blue in the balls to entertain me~
 Bismarck.Dierdreh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dierdreh
By Bismarck.Dierdreh 2011-03-13 03:40:12  
All I can say is let the game be shut down as long as it needs to be. Refunds and finishing Abyssea gear etc, is far from my mind.

The last thing I'll say is that no matter what your beliefs, be it God, Buddha, or even just having faith in people- Find it in your hearts to take time out of your day and keep those affected by this tragedy in your thoughts.

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-03-13 03:40:41  
I think it is a nice gesture for SE to give us April for free, but in all honesty I would much rather have everyone pay for April and SE then donates that money.

Or make it an optional thing where players can participate in.
 Phoenix.Supernads
user: Supernads
By Phoenix.Supernads 2011-03-13 03:40:46  
The wife had a good idea for this, give the option for monthly fees to benefit the relief fund for those that wouldn't mind paying their service fees.

little late on this it seems.
 Caitsith.Syrael
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Syrael
By Caitsith.Syrael 2011-03-13 03:41:09  
If they become the new Chernobyl will be more then a week >.>
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 10 11 12