Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-13 05:18:46  
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:
what i also wonder: dont they have backup servers? i mean, they wanna tell me they have all their equipment in only once place, and its where terrible earthquakes are about to happen?

Are you just *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, not even being able to read or think? First off, Tokyo is in pretty fine shape considering the situation, it has nothing to do with server problems. Secondly, they're doing it to conserve power, like they said twice already.

Let's totally use a backup server and go against exactly what we were trying to do; conserve power!

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

i mean backup in another country, sillyhead. like in the USA, San Francisco, where they have a big HQ.

Thx for being a totally idiot. (Though I don't even think that's trolling..if it is, then all non-trolls who cry "troll!" must be dumbasses)

Wtf do you think keeping the servers up and running in another country would do? Save all that damn money to help their country, the last thing on their damn minds is trying to keep the servers up.

[+]
 Titan.Prefalin
サーバ: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-13 05:19:00  
Asura.Daleterrence said:

Nagger isn't a racist slur technically. =P

But here, here a teddy. <3
*** YA!
wait...is it the sploding kind? c.c
 Ifrit.Maddi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2011-03-13 05:19:42  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:
what i also wonder: dont they have backup servers? i mean, they wanna tell me they have all their equipment in only once place, and its where terrible earthquakes are about to happen?

Are you just *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, not even being able to read or think? First off, Tokyo is in pretty fine shape considering the situation, it has nothing to do with server problems. Secondly, they're doing it to conserve power, like they said twice already.

Let's totally use a backup server and go against exactly what we were trying to do; conserve power!

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

i mean backup in another country, sillyhead. like in the USA, San Francisco, where they have a big HQ.

Syncing and/or moving that amount of data across the world at current internet speeds is pretty damn expensive, and syncing could only occur I'd say atleast once a month, at such a time the servers would have to be down so we wouldn't continue to edit the database playing the game.

lets do the downtime then during jp primetime ;)

or move the whole servers off to another place at all, aftr all, California is not exactly safe earthquake wise either.

i suggest Germany^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-13 05:20:21  
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

Syncing and/or moving that amount of data across the world at current internet speeds is pretty damn expensive, and syncing could only occur I'd say atleast once a month, at such a time the servers would have to be down so we wouldn't continue to edit the database playing the game.

or move the whole servers off to another place at all, aftr all, California is not exactly safe earthquake wise either.

i suggest Germany^^

Too many bad things come from germany.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 05:20:45  
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

i suggest Germany^^

And then suddenly

Hitler.
 Ifrit.Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2011-03-13 05:21:21  
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

Thx for being a totally idiot. (Though I don't even think that's trolling..if it is, then all non-trolls who cry "troll!" must be dumbasses)

Wtf do you think keeping the servers up and running in another country would do? Save all that damn money to help their country, the last thing on their damn minds is trying to keep the servers up.

so, keeping the servers down for who knows how long and for instance at least not billing ppl for april saves them money?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 05:21:24  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
It didn't seem like a terribly idiotic question, but whatevs. lol

I didn't think so either, but Hoenheim always acts like an abrasive jackass so I just went with the flow.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-13 05:21:38  
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Sure, but read it was written by the same guy who just previously said

"Servers down I'm pissed! Wah, why can't we accommodate my ffxi needs!"
 Titan.Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-13 05:21:41  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

i suggest Germany^^

Too many bad things come from germany.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-13 05:22:03  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:

I didn't think so either, but Hoenheim always acts like an abrasive jackass so I just went with the flow.

Lol.
 Phoenix.Princessrin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Princessrin 2011-03-13 05:22:20  
Titan.Prefalin said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:

*** YA!

wait why does he get teddy!???
/rage
>:(
 Ifrit.Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2011-03-13 05:22:38  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

i suggest Germany^^

And then suddenly

Hitler.

no. we have her now: http://catavencu.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/angela-merkel-18176.jpg
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-03-13 05:22:55  
too much *** in this thread to read through it all :P
[+]
 Titan.Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-13 05:22:56  
Phoenix.Princessrin said:
Titan.Prefalin said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:

*** YA!

wait why does he get teddy!???
/rage
>:(
cause i'm Prefalin :3

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-13 05:23:32  
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

I'm with Bart on this wasn't that bad of a question in the first place. And if they did in fact keep servers up in another country what effect would that have on Japan at this time? you talk about saving money but last i seen they just lost a shitload by giving away an entire month of fees.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-13 05:23:55  
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

i suggest Germany^^

And then suddenly

Hitler.

no. we have her now: http://catavencu.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/angela-merkel-18176.jpg

thisismyfetish.swf

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-13 05:27:04  
Lakshmi.Tronsy said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

I'm with Bart on this wasn't that bad of a question in the first place. And if they did in fact keep servers up in another country what effect would that have on Japan at this time? you talk about saving money but last i seen they just lost a shitload by giving away an entire month of fees.

Assuming you're going to be able to play all in April. Imo, I doubt this temp shutdown will only last one week. They're also not losing a months worth of money, unless they're taking all of that subs fee and donating it to help Japan. Helping Japan is the concern right now.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-03-13 05:27:12  
Yah, I am not DBA but from my understanding co-location of servers is very expensive. Presumably more expensive in the short-term (and requiring set-up previously) than just giving a month of free sub service.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-03-13 05:28:46  
Lakshmi.Tronsy said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

Assuming you're going to be able to play all in April. Imo, I doubt this temp shutdown will only last one week. They're also not losing a months worth of money, unless they're taking all of that subs fee and donating it to help Japan. Helping Japan is the concern right now.

Yea... Not billing us for april sounds nice but as was said there's no guarantee that the servers will be up in april. Also- there's no guarantee that they wont bill us either... This IS SE After all.. inb4 "We Double Billed you for April, sorry for the inconvenience"
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-03-13 05:29:04  
Lakshmi.Tronsy said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

were are not being billed for next cycle. so the money they would have had is now gone so yes they lost a months worth of fees.

*EDIT*
Dam u guys type fast... and yes i understand what you are saying about we may not get to play in april or they may bill us anyways and say ooops. However AT THIS TIME my post was based on what we have been told. not on what ifs....
 Ifrit.Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddi 2011-03-13 05:29:31  
Lakshmi.Tronsy said:
Ifrit.Maddi said:
Ifrit.Maddii said:

/facepalm

well, thx for trolling.

talk about reading skills. they anounced, that not customer of the affected services will be billed in April. so they lost that money for sure. how losing money can save money is beyond me.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-13 05:39:07  
They're shutting down servers and reducing their cost quite low (dunno how their handling employees and the like) so they're not spending more money than their earning. If it was in Se's (and Japan's for that matter) best interest in cost and power to put servers up somewhere else or have preventative server measures for these kinds of things, I'm sure they'd have some way to keep it up. I'm sure they're losing "potential money" (you're never in an ideal situation to make the maximum profit) but the matter in question is power and energy.
 Bismarck.Issymo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2011-03-13 05:41:24  
I wouldn't mind if my sub fee went to the cause of the earth quake instead of being refunded. I would really prefer it.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12