2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » *possibly* Temp Shutdown of FFXI(XIV) servers
*possibly* Temp Shutdown of FFXI(XIV) servers
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
By Artemicion 2011-03-13 01:36:53  
Caitsith.Slyshen said:
Eh, to be honest everyone. If I could, I would be over there helping anyone I possibly could. I wish there were more people out there that gave a crap. My ignorant post made me seem like someone who I'm not and I apologize for it. Though that doesn't make a difference anymore and I'd hate for you guys to get the wrong idea about me. Too late? Oh well, at least I know how I really feel about all of this. I was up all night watching the news in distraught over what happen. My heart goes out to all those people, its really *** up that while we are in our warm houses typing away on a keyboard on some damn forum, some people are fighting for their lives and living in complete darkness.

Apology accepted. You have your heart in the right place, but fingers on the wrong keys. I'm sure we'll let it go lol.
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-03-13 01:37:46  
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Question, since the earth shifted its axis by 10cm. doesn't that mess with our seasons? Did we just travel through time in a sense? :o

Back a few years ago when Chile was hit by a 8.8 magnitude the time shift was 1.26 milliseconds.
I wouldn't worry about changing the clock by more than the hour for Time Change if need be.
By Artemicion 2011-03-13 01:37:51  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
You'd be surprised, but quite a number of users rate down nearly every post they read that isn't from themselves or one of their friends.

Rate downs are far more common than rate ups, which probably says quite a bit about the personalities of FFXI players, at least those represented here.

I've shared my thoughts on the rating system in countless other threads so I won't rehash them here, but suffice to say, I wouldn't dwell too long on a rate-down unless there's so many, it gets your post auto-reported.

Curious: what is the default threshold of negative rates to auto-report a post?
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-13 01:37:51  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Icelord said:
Post deleted by moderator

How do you walk with that stick up your ***?

I wanted to pretend it was a weird parody of people who actually think that way, but he didn't put it in quotes to imply that. I would know, my shitty sense of humor works similar.

Life is eerily simpler when you pretend everyone's just out to troll each other.
 Titan.Prefalin
サーバ: Titan
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-13 01:38:11  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Titan.Prefalin said:
Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:
Safety of your fellow man > Your characters and items protected > Your $13 > Your need to play a video game.

With that in mind, I'm perfectly fine with the choice of having the servers shut down if need be.

Curious now, why was I rated down here?
Was I misunderstood or is someone legitimately upset they might not be able to log in for a few days?

Curious why the rate down system is still around and which people are dumb enough to think is is a good system.
ohai spicy :D

Gute nacht darling, how are you?
aus Kaffee und Anruf der Aufgabe ist langweilig
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Titan.Lillica
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-13 01:38:58  
Someone in Jeuno just shouted... "If the code still runs in the CMOS, we will get stones added everyday"

WOW
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snick
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-03-13 01:39:21  
Fenrir.Snick said:
What makes me aggravated are emo apathetic people who say ***about not caring about anyone else besides themselves.
Why do I have to care about everyone on the planet or just myself?

Can't I choose who I care about? :c

I'm only half serious in this post, btw.

I am more going on about people who care about no one but themselves. Why must you assume that means care about everyone?
I was under the impression you were generalizing.

My bad.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Titan.Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-13 01:41:00  
Titan.Lillica said:
Someone in Jeuno just shouted... "If the code still runs in the CMOS, we will get stones added everyday"

WOW
i think i know who it was c.c
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-03-13 01:41:13  
Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:
Safety of your fellow man > Your characters and items protected > Your $13 > Your need to play a video game.

With that in mind, I'm perfectly fine with the choice of having the servers shut down if need be.

Was I misunderstood or is someone legitimately upset they might not be able to log in for a few days?

My main post got ratted down three times. For what? Posting about SE informing us?

Yea, makes sense doesn't it.
[+]
 Titan.Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2011-03-13 01:44:22  
Siren.Kalilla said:
Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:

My main post got ratted down three times. For what? Posting about SE informing us?

they were upset servers may be shut down :(
 Caitsith.Crunkie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-03-13 01:45:07  
Siren.Kalilla said:
Artemicion said:
Artemicion said:

I'll rate you up!~
BTW, how are you!

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-03-13 01:47:01  
Caitsith.Crunkie said:
I'll rate you up!~
BTW, how are you!

Not bad :) Busy with RL things and missing caitsith. Been catching up on the news before I went to bed.
 Caitsith.Crunkie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-03-13 01:48:40  
well that is good to hear, message me sometime and tell D i say hi! have a good night!
 Gilgamesh.Joltx
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Joltx
By Gilgamesh.Joltx 2011-03-13 01:49:00  
If they do shut the servers down, you may want to clear your dboxes now, just in case they decide to do the major update/merger before putting them back up
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-03-13 01:50:53  
Gilgamesh.Joltx said:
If they do shut the servers down, you may want to clear your dboxes now, just in case they decide to do the major update/merger before putting them back up

That's good advice actually.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-13 01:52:00  
If the servers need to be shut down to save power, then they need to be shut down. Not much anyone can do about it, and not being able to play ffxi for a relatively small period of time will be ok.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-03-13 01:55:33  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Gilgamesh.Joltx said:

That's good advice actually.

I like the suggestion.

Only issue I have with that is, the warning isn't long enough. If they are going to shut down the servers (probably will decide in the next few hours), then they will be very soon.

That means that players would not have the appropriate time window to make sure they are ready. Not everyone plays everyday, and certainly not everyone during the time the news was announced. Although that would be highly convenient so the community does not have the update later on, chances are it is out of the question.

But, better be safe then sorry!
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-03-13 01:57:27  
Kinda pissed about this. I understand and I suppose it needs to be done. As long as it's not permanent or months long I'm cool with it. At least it gives me time to play other games and/or pack my ***and gtfo of US's westcoast which might also get ***.
 Siren.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-03-13 03:04:42  
I have to admit that I'm really disappointed in this community right now. While a select few good people have mentioned good wishes... Sometimes you have to realize there IS a world out there and that right now Japan is in a pretty bad state of emergency.

I don't care if I'm paying $12.95 for a character and I'm not getting my "service" that i am paying for at this moment, if anything i hope the fee helps rebuild or fix something in the SE office if needed or anything at all to help.

If the servers go down its to help conserve power the country needs until the nuclear crisis is averted and alleviated which could take some time. I would anticipate anywhere from a few days to a week or so of downtime on FFXI and FFXIV and i would encourage people during this game to maybe take a step back and be grateful for what you have be it in game or out.

These replies I've been seeing on here as of late regarding the possible downtime soon are outright outrageous and you guys should genuinely be ashamed.

Troll on if you really need to but now is an actual moment in time where i wish anyone in japan or from japan my condolences and i hope everything turns out ok in the end.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-03-13 03:05:31  
Better for SE to shut down the servers properly than have an improper shutdown. You know what that's like: You just leveled WAR to 90, you set your 4 macro trays, and then you enjoy and test for the next several hours. You go to bed, AFK all night, wake up, only to find out that your power had flickered.

"Dear Gawd, when did I save last!?"

The servers are down tomorrow, so you can't check which macros saved; you return to the game a couple weeks later, but something doesn't seem quite right. Where are your AF3+2 sets? Where's your Ukonsavara 90? In fact, you have no jobs at 90. It occurs to you: the servers rolled back to 2007.

[/Twilight Zone]
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-03-13 03:06:24  
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
Better for SE to shut down the servers properly than have an improper shutdown. You know what that's like: You just leveled WAR to 90, you set your 4 macro trays, and then you enjoy and test for the next several hours. You go to bed, AFK all night, wake up, only to find out that your power had flickered.

The servers are down tomorrow, so you can't check which macros saved; you return to the game a couple weeks later, but something doesn't seem quite right. Where are your AF3+2 sets? Where's your Ukonsavara 90? In fact, you have no jobs at 90. It occurs to you: the servers rolled back to 2007.

[/Twilight Zone]
OHGAWD
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-03-13 03:07:53  
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:

[/Twilight Zone]

I lol'd.
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-03-13 03:12:40  
I'm glad Charlie Sheen is out of the news though. Was getting sick to my stomach hearing about that guy. "Can't is the cancer of happen." That was so stupid it made sense.
 Titan.Lillica
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2011-03-13 03:14:28  
If they take the servers down for this anyone think they might just say two birds one stone and merge the servers that were on the list during the downtime?

I used to be a sysadmin and from that point of view I was just thinking it would make sense to do it that way, less downtime/bitching.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12