New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » what endgame event for dragoon
what endgame event for dragoon
 Asura.Starstress
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Starstress 2009-03-14 18:07:20  
>.> lol ive seen a thf main full raven....
 Seraph.Ryuhayabusa
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Ryuhayabusa 2009-03-14 18:22:46  
Sorry if someone also stated this point but I don't feel like readin 3 pages of posts.

DRG is a nice addition to a zerg. Angon's def down (-20%) when merited for a decent duration can add a lot to a zerg. Also during Spirit Surge jump will -20% of the enemy's def, duration is random though.
 Caitsith.Frysia
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Frysia
By Caitsith.Frysia 2009-03-14 18:33:40  
Starstress said:

bibi shell for jump macros :) get all vit u can get

Vit adds very little... The forumula for Jumps is (Base Damage)*(Vit/256+1) assuming base vit without any mod is 70 adding 20 more vit still adds MAYBE 30 more damage depending on what your jump without the vit mod is.... easier to just up the base damage, lol.
 Asura.Starstress
By Asura.Starstress 2009-03-15 18:15:55  
vit helps.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-16 08:41:26  
Cecilharvey said:
Enternius said:
An average SAM will always outparse an average DRG at any level. A good SAM will always outparse a good DRG at any level. A GREAT DRG will outparse a good SAM, but never a great SAM. The area that DRG excels in is solo and everyone knows it.

No Offense there! but so sorry good sir you been calling ppl noobs into this thread & then lay this...
please, can you explain me how a DRG will never Outparse a SAM in a colibri Merit PT ? why do you think even SAM sometimes does use a polearn ? ofcourse SAMs does have an advantage oblivious for their TP spam, but don't get it wrong, a good DRG/SAM would outparse any godly SAM in situation such as merits PT, with Jumps & all, you need to reconsider your view of this job & get better infos about it too.
I seen somes DRG damaging thoses poor parots for more than 2.5k repeatively, when the SAMs used to face the mobs to have their bonus damages because even with their Hagun & all their OMGstuff they could not keep up against the DRG, still when they could rarely face the mobs, their damage wold not keep up.

Sorry for the necro, but Eternius is correct. An extremely well geared Sam will beat pretty much any DRG in any merit situation, with the appropriate support. In the case of poor support a DRG will easily win @ birds due to the bonus damage from pierce weapons and a SAM would be forced to use GKT. But in a 2 brd pt (the only kind of pt @ birds) my SAM will punch any non-relic DRG in the mouth, and I'm still lacking Usu feet/Dusk Glove+1/Speed Belt. 5 hit build with tomoe + 5/5 Med merits + 5/5 overwhelm is just too sick, even with both jumps merited down, a DRG won't even come close to the tp gain of a SAM. Also, SAM can rip out those 2.5k penta also.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-16 08:43:27  
Psyence said:

If DRG and SAM are two separate jobs, there is certainly a reason. SAM is a pure DD job (as WHM is a pure healing job), there is virtually nothing you can do with it other than deal lots of damage and hope to kill the enemy before it can do the same to you.

Not so, if geared correctly, SAM can be a decent tank also.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-16 09:37:24  
I remember the most basic method for killing sky gods before was /THF SATA bouncing them between 2 solid tanks. My first experiences of endgame were sky as WAR/THF doing SATA Steel Cyclone ^^.

So yeah, THF is a good subjob, SATA Wheeling Thrust!

Edit* - haha, I must be half asleep, i amde this post after reading only the first page XD. Whoops.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-16 10:45:52  
Frobeus said:
Psyence said:

If DRG and SAM are two separate jobs, there is certainly a reason. SAM is a pure DD job (as WHM is a pure healing job), there is virtually nothing you can do with it other than deal lots of damage and hope to kill the enemy before it can do the same to you.

Not so, if geared correctly, SAM can be a decent tank also.

Summoners geared correctly can be decent healers. What happened to good or great?

Pretending that DRGs have the best damage output in the game is absurd, they were never meant to, but rather to be an extremely versatile type of meelee DD, able to heal himself consistently if needed, to dump hate (they're the only meelee job that can dump it 100% by just pressing a button) and to deal significant damage if needed (for merit PTs, Dynamis, etc. I sub SAM). Saying that damage output makes SAM the best DD job is identically absurd. If it was so, BLM would be the best DD job, and only tarus with max INT would be allowed to play it because it would be wrong to not deal the most damage at once... >.>

While we're at it, why not ask Square to scrap all the good work they did with job balancing and just make 4 jobs. Healer, meelee, support and tank. It will be a lot simpler for everyone...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-16 12:08:19  
What are you talking about? Your the one that said DRG could serve multiple purposes and that SAM could not. I'm pointing out the fact you are wrong in that SAM can serve in a secondary role also. Idk what that weird *** tangent you went off on is about.
 Leviathan.Aeneas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Aeneas
By Leviathan.Aeneas 2009-03-16 18:47:26  
Kaindragoon said:

60drg/30sam
Weapon: Dark Mezraq
Sub: Mythril Grip +1
Ranged: none
Ammo: Olibanum Sachet
Head: Walkure Mask
Neck: Spiked Necklace (chiviolus chain)
earring1: Spiked Earring
earring2: Spiked Earring
Body: Jeridah Peti
Hands: Spiked Finger Gauntlets
ring1: Woodsman Ring
ring2: Ecphoria Ring
Back: Jaguar mantle (amement mantle +1 next lvl)
Waist: Potent Belt
Legs: Crow Hose
Feet: Jeridah Nails (Tabin Boots +1)

i would sell potent, and use the money to get life belt, pole grip, assault earring. and maybe partially fund SH (but you said you could borrow that so maybe you'll do just that). definitely get pole grip and assault earring though. the 2% DA from pole grip is best even when you dont have any other DA, and you can use brutal/assault at 75, or fowling/assault.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-16 19:37:03  
Aeneas clearly doesn't understand DRG. Stick with Potent Belt and Jaridah Peti. Pole grip is good, but without other DA gear it's not as useful. Axe Grip will be nice. Don't bother with Assault Earring, you'll just replace it at 70.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-03-16 19:57:23  
Aeneas said:
Kaindragoon said:

60drg/30sam
Weapon: Dark Mezraq
Sub: Mythril Grip +1
Ranged: none
Ammo: Olibanum Sachet
Head: Walkure Mask
Neck: Spiked Necklace (chiviolus chain)
earring1: Spiked Earring
earring2: Spiked Earring
Body: Jeridah Peti
Hands: Spiked Finger Gauntlets
ring1: Woodsman Ring
ring2: Ecphoria Ring
Back: Jaguar mantle (amement mantle +1 next lvl)
Waist: Potent Belt
Legs: Crow Hose
Feet: Jeridah Nails (Tabin Boots +1)

i would sell potent, and use the money to get life belt, pole grip, assault earring. and maybe partially fund SH (but you said you could borrow that so maybe you'll do just that). definitely get pole grip and assault earring though. the 2% DA from pole grip is best even when you dont have any other DA, and you can use brutal/assault at 75, or fowling/assault.

Life belt ? hmmm, at 50 DRG get a trait called Bonus Accuracy II so i think at 60 you can drop 2 accu for 3 STR in the waist slot, & yes will get it back in a assault earring, not sure tho.

Enternius said:
Aeneas clearly doesn't understand DRG. Stick with Potent Belt and Jaridah Peti. Pole grip is good, but without other DA gear it's not as useful. Axe Grip will be nice. Don't bother with Assault Earring, you'll just replace it at 70.

If you have the gils you can bother with Assault earring, its an incredibly good piece for the Lv59 to 70 till Birdy earring i think.
 Ifrit.Satabi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Satabi
By Ifrit.Satabi 2009-03-16 20:19:18  
Pole Grip onry

Also Assault is the best earring you can TP in on DRG besides Brutal.
 Leviathan.Aeneas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Aeneas
By Leviathan.Aeneas 2009-03-16 20:34:51  
Enternius said:

well, you clearly dont understand DA! if you were talking about haste, youd be correct, but with DA its actually LESS effective to stack more on when you already have some DA...its dimishing returns.

pole grip is 2% DA, meaning on average when you swing 100 times, DA kicks in twice giving you 102 swings out of 100, 102/100 = 2% boost in dmg output.

say youre drg/war with 10% DA from the trait. for every 100 swings with DA trait, you'd swing 110 times. adding a pole grip would add 2 more swings to that, making 112 swings for every 100. 112/110 = 1.8% boost in dmg output.

conclusion - although still effective when you already have DA, adding pole grip has the most effect when you have none to begin with.
 Asura.Starstress
By Asura.Starstress 2009-03-16 23:33:47  
lol ppl sub war still?
jk kinda..

some ppl like haste... othrs like DA others like str... its really ur choice in end.. im more of haste myself and good old Warwolf belt wen u get higher to WS in.. mythril grip +1 etc , i tried assault earring was ok just not worth all that gil for bit attack, fowling earring is nice specially wen u spam ur bird pts lol Etheral and brutal nice combo and just ws in str and dex earring :o and when you solo. but its rlly up to you and what youd like more. ^^