フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Gandiva vs Harrier
Gandiva vs Harrier
First Page 2
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-08 09:20:34  
Hey I just have a couple blunt questions.
Is making Gandiva worth the effort, or should i just make a Harrier if i want Jinshu's for a toy.

I guess in short, is the ODD aftermath worth the work, or should i just get harrier and have the WS. (mainly use in abys, so lots of regain and such)

Also the delay of Gandiva is quite low, i could see much nicer hit builds with the Harrier, even though im sure thats a ridiculous arguement.

Anyway just curious to what others thought about the Gandiva.
 Asura.Jaybezz
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-08 10:33:53  
the WS itself is sick, but seeing 1.3k crits is funny on rng ^^ also 2 very easy NM's fistule... a DD can zerg it down in 2 mins, and bukis well every1 wants PLD DNC +2 and ofc the card's

emps give u something 2 work 2wards ^^
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-08 10:59:05  
As he said, the level 80 version of bow really is a joke to get..
Bukis might be a small drag, but the NM you need for the level 90 version again is very easy..
So I'd say go for the real deal!
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-03-08 11:04:46  
The argument as to which one is worth getting is rather moot if you dont have a way to solo WoE, or have means of getting coins at a reasonable rate. For most its probably easier to get an abyssea group and get the real thing since there's other rewards to entice helpers who arent gunning for coins. If you can solo WoE... you can complete like 4 weapons at a time so the work:reward ratio is a lot better.

Edit: it also depends how much you plan on playing RNG since its relatively low utility. I have never used rng outside of xp to get it to 90, and ive never even fired jishnu's once since getting it lol.
[+]
 Odin.Esor
user: esor
By Odin.Esor 2011-03-09 13:56:06  
go with harrier. steal coins, make bedlam at the same time. WoE is always open on odin!
By Wafflechan 2011-03-10 08:01:20  
Go for Harrier! From my server's experience, Bukhis is too much of a *** block to find a reliable party to farm. I never see shouts for him, and the one time I did, we took at least 20-30 mins per kill. Big time burner.
 Caitsith.Nermie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: rouzbie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2011-03-10 08:31:10  
Do Gandiva. Fistule is a joke, Bukhis is annoying for lowman but which NM isn't? If you get to Bukhis and can't kill more than a handful with a steady group then start offering to fell cleave people's jobs up while you amber burn boxes for pop items, then brew straight through bukhis. If people are doing keys for you then you won't lose too much cruor (unfortunately I did most of my keys even when people were leeching).
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-10 17:54:52  
Caitsith.Nermie said:
Do Gandiva. Fistule is a joke, Bukhis is annoying for lowman but which NM isn't? If you get to Bukhis and can't kill more than a handful with a steady group then start offering to fell cleave people's jobs up while you amber burn boxes for pop items, then brew straight through bukhis. If people are doing keys for you then you won't lose too much cruor (unfortunately I did most of my keys even when people were leeching).

You realize fell cleaving boxes only works for 2 of the 3 ki, and assuming you're doing it alone, you can only hold 1 2/3 set before needing to kill Lord Varney and then Bukhis?

Unless you're killing LV and Bukhis while doing the xp pt..I can hardly see how that's worth the time..a whole pt for 2/3 ki?

It would be harder to get people to grind through useless xp pts to get ki rather than actually kill the nms and Bukhis...whom is actually really easy.
 Phoenix.Hagino
サーバ: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-03-10 19:59:25  
suck less...varney can be soloed...buhkis trioed...with 2 nin /thf /dnc + whm

we did 1 AE burn, 3 mules to leech/key and 2 more people to seal farm for random jobs while waiting for varney.

so in about 30-45 mins time...we had 6 full pops~ if you have the cruor you can burn that down with 1 brew or you can fight traditionally. Its actually a really easy fight with a couple of decent players.

As for fistule. I duoed 50 discharges with my rdm mule + my thf while my blm friend AoEd me time every night.

Man it up, do the Gandiva, i never knew why people sold themselves short for a WoE version unless it was the glavoid/wamura path (tunga claim sucks and so does KI farming for glavoid)

PM me for strats on any weapons. 90% of the empyrean weapons can be duoed/trioed in a reasonable amount of time.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-10 20:22:16  
Just don't let me catch you in there while I'm farmin Fistule! I might have to get all sad at you, and you just couldn't live with yourself after that, right?!

Seriously though, Bhukis isn't even that big of a cockblocker, I solo Varney on BST without any issues (Actually, perfect time to browse the lolthread), Bhukis himself is a three man ordeal at worst, just bring lots of Holy water or the greatest stunner on the planet.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-10 20:33:39  
I could see NIN + WHM duoing Bukhis if you're willing to gamble with doom (even then, just Mijin at the last second). Keep two shadows up and Lethal Triclip should never touch you.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 20:47:37  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I could see NIN + WHM duoing Bukhis if you're willing to gamble with doom (even then, just Mijin at the last second). Keep two shadows up and Lethal Triclip should never touch you.
Bring hallowed waters!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-11 03:32:01  
question regarding the ws itself, can someone tell me the tp return of the ws with gandiva and harrier and how much stp you had to get that tp return?
 Caitsith.Nermie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2011-03-11 08:57:26  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Caitsith.Nermie said:

You realize fell cleaving boxes only works for 2 of the 3 ki, and assuming you're doing it alone, you can only hold 1 2/3 set before needing to kill Lord Varney and then Bukhis?

Unless you're killing LV and Bukhis while doing the xp pt..I can hardly see how that's worth the time..a whole pt for 2/3 ki?

It would be harder to get people to grind through useless xp pts to get ki rather than actually kill the nms and Bukhis...whom is actually really easy.

Sorry I should've been more clear. I tribox'd WAR+WHM+leech so that's 3x 2/3 and had friends come on leech jobs (at one point had 5+ there) so that's 8x 2/3. And varney can be duo'd on WAR+WHM.

Bukhis being easy is beside the point. I wanted to get it done ASAP after we finished getting our +2's from it. The point is that sometimes RL time > cruor.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-11 18:26:52  
Caitsith.Nermie said:
Caitsith.Nermie said:

Sorry I should've been more clear. I tribox'd WAR+WHM+leech so that's 3x 2/3 and had friends come on leech jobs (at one point had 5+ there) so that's 8x 2/3. And varney can be duo'd on WAR+WHM.

Bukhis being easy is beside the point. I wanted to get it done ASAP after we finished getting our +2's from it. The point is that sometimes RL time > cruor.

Um ok but, do you realize that just doing the nms is faster than an xp pt?
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-03-11 19:09:16  
Phoenix.Hagino said:

we did 1 AE burn, 3 mules to leech/key and 2 more people to seal farm for random jobs while waiting for varney.

so in about 30-45 mins time...we had 6 full pops~ if you have the cruor you can burn that down with 1 brew or you can fight traditionally. Its actually a really easy fight with a couple of decent players.

As for fistule. I duoed 50 discharges with my rdm mule + my thf while my blm friend AoEd me time every night.

Man it up, do the Gandiva, i never knew why people sold themselves short for a WoE version unless it was the glavoid/wamura path (tunga claim sucks and so does KI farming for glavoid)

PM me for strats on any weapons. 90% of the empyrean weapons can be duoed/trioed in a reasonable amount of time.

Trust me fighting mobs/ setups and such isnt an issue. I know very well how easy emp weapon NM's are. I have emp pole and have trio'd our way through 4 other emp weapons.

I was simply just looking at the time / effort vs overall payout. Not sure if i wanna do another rotation of weapns with my crew lol
 Caitsith.Cyana
user: Cyana
By Caitsith.Cyana 2011-03-11 19:43:52  
That's how I ended up doing the Vunk part on my bow. 4 people (+4 mules) killing the NMs and Varney when it was up to make pop sets, go kill Bukhis, repeat. Only took two 5hr sessions-ish (most time saved killing Bukhis by brewing the big cow just because we could) We never had great luck with KI farming hence why we went sod it and just did the NMs for KIs. Fistule was just me on WHM, boyf on MNK. Roughly 20 hours in total give or take.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-03-12 10:32:54  
Odin.Lowblow said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:

Trust me fighting mobs/ setups and such isnt an issue. I know very well how easy emp weapon NM's are. I have emp pole and have trio'd our way through 4 other emp weapons.

I was simply just looking at the time / effort vs overall payout. Not sure if i wanna do another rotation of weapns with my crew lol

it wasnt really directed at you but more so to the people complaining that they'd have to camp varney and that buhkis is some kind of impossible or tough task to handle.

As for a empyrean rotation~ its really not that bad, if you have a group of friends which seems like you do. Why not? what else are you going to do these days anyways?

Im on my third and fourth weapon for myself and mule~ Mainly because im a derp with no life.

Everyone in the group has a weapon though~ i just happen to play a lot more then the rest of the group (so far...masamune, armageddon, twashtar, gandiva, vere, in the works are my kannagi and Gambanteinn :D ) and have the advantage of dualboxing. I support multi empyrean goals!
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-12 10:36:36  
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Odin.Lowblow said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:

it wasnt really directed at you but more so to the people complaining that they'd have to camp varney and that buhkis is some kind of impossible or tough task to handle.

As for a empyrean rotation~ its really not that bad, if you have a group of friends which seems like you do. Why not? what else are you going to do these days anyways?

Im on my third and fourth weapon for myself and mule~ Mainly because im a derp with no life.

Everyone in the group has a weapon though~ i just happen to play a lot more then the rest of the group (so far...masamune, armageddon, twashtar, gandiva, vere, in the works are my kannagi and Gambanteinn :D ) and have the advantage of dualboxing. I support multi empyrean goals!

*cough* Where's my Ukon then, taru?
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-03-12 10:58:29  
:| Do you really want to do an ukon? GO GET WOE VERSION SO WE CAN ROLL THROUGH GLAVOID FASTER! DIE RR FURYYYYYYYYYY DIE RR FURYYYYYYYYYYYYY while i tank :)

*edit* btw im not the one stopping us from doing more tahrongi. You know this haha
 Caitsith.Nermie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2011-03-12 14:24:39  
Caitsith.Nermie said:
Caitsith.Nermie said:

Meh. You can do it your way and call it faster if you like. I finished my Gandiva this way just fine and it was easy and fast. To each his own.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-03-12 17:29:32  
Caitsith.Nermie said:
Caitsith.Nermie said:
Caitsith.Nermie said:

Meh. You can do it your way and call it faster if you like. I finished my Gandiva this way just fine and it was easy and fast. To each his own.

We'll, yeah I could do it my way and call it faster, because it is faster...there's no questions about it...
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-03-13 14:11:55  
I still haven't finished mine... Bukhis is no joke these days - peaople are on that ??? every minute of the day. Fight itself is still a joke but seriously people been all over it recently on Siren. So I'm only at 21/50 for lv 85. But Gandiva > Harrier fo sho... can even get a 4-hit outside aby so its really not a big deal since 5-hit is optimal both in and out of aby imo. I say 5-hit is optimal because you sacrifice a good deal of rttk to get the stp required of 4-hit.
 Siren.Vonn
サーバ: Siren
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2011-03-13 14:24:17  
............... For some reason when i first saw this thread i read: "Gandiva vs Hitler" .... >.> don't ask....

Go for the Gandiva... why settle for less? If you're gonna put all the work in, do it proper. ^^ that's my opinion.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-13 14:39:25  
Im not sure why people even make these threads. Of course Gandiva will beat Harrier. Any empyrean will beat its WoE counterpart.

As far as difficulty goes, the answer is generally the same too. If you have a group willing to grind out your emp, it will go quick. If you dont, WoE is better. The only exception being possibly carabosse path.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-31 02:13:26  
Do you have a WHM friend who would be willing to help you?

Yes -> do Armageddon
No -> enjoy taking forever to solo coins or just don't make the weapon at all
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-31 02:18:08  
Took me about a week to get coins off and on doing it each day... I hear it's alot faster if you have acess to confluxes that my server doesn't
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-31 04:59:16  
you can get several, enough for 2 weapons in a single night if you have 7 open.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-04-30 22:10:30  
Bukhis is an easy low man NM and every one his pop KIs drop in Gold Boxes. So while farming Lord Varney, you can gold chest farm on bats. If the zone is pretty empty, with a pt of 5-6 you can do 3 to 4 full runs in an afternoon.

Fistule is a joke, as long as you don't fight others for NMs to pop him.

Empy bow is really easy to get and well worth the effort.
First Page 2