フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Gandiva vs Harrier
Gandiva vs Harrier
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-30 22:44:55  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
Bukhis is an easy low man NM and every one his pop KIs drop in Gold Boxes. So while farming Lord Varney, you can gold chest farm on bats. If the zone is pretty empty, with a pt of 5-6 you can do 3 to 4 full runs in an afternoon.

Fistule is a joke, as long as you don't fight others for NMs to pop him.

Empy bow is really easy to get and well worth the effort.
Have you actually ever fought Bukhis? Not like he is the hardest thing in the game, but he can screw a party up pretty bad pretty quickly.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-04-30 22:49:19  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
Bukhis is an easy low man NM and every one his pop KIs drop in Gold Boxes. So while farming Lord Varney, you can gold chest farm on bats. If the zone is pretty empty, with a pt of 5-6 you can do 3 to 4 full runs in an afternoon.

Fistule is a joke, as long as you don't fight others for NMs to pop him.

Empy bow is really easy to get and well worth the effort.
Have you actually ever fought Bukhis? Not like he is the hardest thing in the game, but he can screw a party up pretty bad pretty quickly.

Just got my bow last night and we fought him as 5-6 man party every time. Never lost to him and think we only 4-5 not drop 2 wings. Didn't do it all in one night but we were able to do 5+ mot runs out there in a few hrs.

I am speaking in terms of a static, not a pick up group.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-30 22:52:27  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:

Just got my bow last night and we fought him as 5-6 man party every time. Never lost to him and think we only 4-5 not drop 2 wings.

I am speaking in terms of a static, not a pick up group.

Don't think he was saying you could lose to him, He's saying Buhkis is mainly luck; He *CAN* *** up a well-geared people with his *** moves; Dispel cruor buffs -> HP down -> Nuke before you can get cured back up, that's about the only thing that makes him "hard"
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-30 23:28:15  
I was by no means implying losing. Ever since Apoc, I don't even think its possible to full wipe. But he certainly can be a *** and make for some prolonged fights. Not justifying Harrier, just saying Buhkis is one of the harder 80-85 upgrades.
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-30 23:48:24  
A couple of nights ago I did Bukhis with one other friend and we were both dual boxing. I came with a Kannagi Nin // Whm with 50% Cure Potency; he came with a mediocre Mnk // Blm/whm for yellow. We took care of our own -nas and cursna spammed when appropriate. The first fight was ridiculous, neither of us lost our cruor buffs and the fight was over in 5-10 minutes. The second fight... at around 80% he gave my friend an undispellable doom and I didn't have my eva set on me. Let's just say we ended out winning by zombie-ing. The third fight was similar to the first.

Basically I agree with Nemesio, although Bukhis can be very easy he can also be damn-near impossible sometimes. Just have a group that can barely hold on during those bad runs and you should be fine.
 Odin.Slugg
サーバ: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-05-01 00:00:41  
Just wanted to point out that the Harrier+2 has higher base DMG than the Lv.85 Gandiva, one of the few WoE weapons that do, and it is only 3 base DMG lower than the Lv. 90 Gandiva, food for thought!
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-05-01 00:09:12  
Pretty sure all 90 WoE are higher base damage then 85 Emps.
 Odin.Slugg
サーバ: Odin
user: Beau
By Odin.Slugg 2011-05-01 00:20:55  
Well, not hand-to-hand.
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-05-01 00:51:11  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bring hallowed waters!

Does anyone here have in-depth experience with these? They're a pain to make and find the mats for, but if they're an almost-guarantee they'd be worth it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-01 13:48:15  
Odin.Slugg said:
Just wanted to point out that the Harrier+2 has higher base DMG than the Lv.85 Gandiva, one of the few WoE weapons that do, and it is only 3 base DMG lower than the Lv. 90 Gandiva, food for thought!
Loss of aftermath and higher delay still puts Harrier miles behind Gandiva unless the additional delay facilitates a lower x-hit, and even then it'll be ahead.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-01 15:15:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Slugg said:
Loss of aftermath and higher delay still puts Harrier miles behind Gandiva unless the additional delay facilitates a lower x-hit, and even then it'll be ahead.
iirc you can get a 4 hit /war with harrier outside abyssea and pretty close to a 3 hit wit /sam.

just pointing out x-hit, not defending the bow even though i do have a harrier.
 Bahamut.Kujah
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Kujah 2011-05-01 16:05:54  
Finished up my Gandiva 85 last week, after farming the first 23 wings straight fighting bukhis I was close on giving up due to the way some fights go smooth, and others u get completely owned. I ended up finishing the last 27 wings in 1 run, about 3.5 hours total, with pickups no less.

Setup was COR(me) BLU NIN WHM WAR THF and basically went in, capped Amber/Pearl/Azure straight off. BLU proceeded to AoE burn bats, whomever got 2/3 KIs, claimed Varney and procced. I was brewed and frozen on a box most of the night at bukhis island. Would be a case of person with 3/3 makes me a box, pops, bukhis died in x2 Wildfire, only used x2 brews too.

I get that not everyone will have access to wildfire, but with any decent brew WS this way is definately the fastest. The BLU was burning KIs faster then Lord Varney repops, sometimes with 3-4 people being 2/3 KIs just after LV died. Also, with a thief, drop rate on x2 wings seemed very high, only 2 pops in that run dropped 1 wing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-05-02 03:40:51  
Alexander.Msthief said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bring hallowed waters!

Does anyone here have in-depth experience with these? They're a pain to make and find the mats for, but if they're an almost-guarantee they'd be worth it.
Hallowed waters are a guaranteed removal iirc. The only other options are to spam curnsa or bring a lot of holy waters.

We originally fought Bukhis with SMN pets only but the hate was so wild that too many people were getting whacked in between pets if they weren't timed correctly.

Fistule was a joke and we finished it in two nights, same with Bukhis. It was much smoother just having a MNK tank it and have some sort of a back-up tank in case doom happened to take them out. I was surprised that we had finished my bow in only two weeks. (We only emp farm twice a week.) I knew Fistule would be cake but I wasn't expecting to plow through Bukhis so quickly.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-02 03:49:42  
THF + NIN + WHM, all you need for Buhkis. One person loses cruor buffs, np have the other hold it until they are back.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-13 03:43:33  
Phoenix.Oumura said:
Hallowed waters are a guaranteed removal iirc. The only other options are to spam curnsa or bring a lot of holy waters.

Thank you for the response - I forgot about this thread. Anyone able to confirm this?