Which Head Piece?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Which Head piece?
Which Head piece?
First Page 2
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 12:51:44  
Just got Mirage Keffiyeh finally, but I feel like I'm a little late to the party. With the following set...

is Aias Bonnet better than Mirage Keffiyeh for Physical Magic? Or just certain spells?

Too sick to actually figure anything out myself today

Edit: Also, will it change once I get AF3+2 legs, which I just haven't had the time to go do lately?
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-02-27 13:07:12  
As a non-hardcore BLU, I'd say Aias is better for physical, Keffiyeh is better for magic (most cases).

Need to getcha some Heafocs, though. Rub that thirteen STR all over your naked bod--...ahem...

I also like using Ire Torque for its STR.
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-27 13:12:40  
Keffiyeh will only be better for physical if it brings you up a tier. To get tiers, multiply your blue magic skill by .11. With full blue magic merits, keffiyeh will be better than Aias bonnet in your current setup until you get AF3+2 pants. You can keep Aias bonnet in your setup if you get the AF3 neckpiece with blue magic skill +4.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-27 13:18:12  
Quick question Itachi.
Multiple max blu skill by .11 and then what? lol

I think i can hit 417 skill. which is 45.54. so is the 40 the tier. or the 45 with the .54 left over.?

Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-27 13:20:50  
The tiers are the numbers rounded down. The higher they are; the better damage you do. If you get 45.54, then 45 is your tier.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 13:22:58  
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:
As a non-hardcore BLU, I'd say Aias is better for physical, Keffiyeh is better for magic (most cases).

Need to getcha some Heafocs, though. Rub that thirteen STR all over your naked bod--...ahem...

I also like using Ire Torque for its STR.

Have Heafocs actually, just too lazy to update the set. They are what I cast in.

Also, INT+ from Teal by far beats out Keffiyeh for magic. Skill is never something to gear for on BLU nukes; if you're getting resisted enough that you need it, you shouldn't be nuking it.

Ire Torque is nice, but I'm a bit low on cash, trying to make an Eva build for THF, finish some pieces for SMN, buy my last BB item, I don't have a lot of gil leftover, when I need to buy pops, food, Ninja Tools etc aswell.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 13:23:14  
But just because you break a tier wont necessarily make it better. A new tier only adds 2 to base dmg. 8str/dex could easily beat that. Also shoulds always use af3+1/2 for chain affinity
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-27 13:32:55  
In Abyssea at least, I believe you should be shooting for maximum tiers. If you get VV/MM/RR atma and if you have all your furtherance abyssites, you'd have more than enough STR and DEX than necessary. fSTR is easily capped.

Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-27 13:33:29  
k cool.
Another question about the HEad/legs.

The enhances chain affinity. Is it just on use of the ability. Or must you cast in it too?

I cast in it anyway for my set bonus on head/legs etc etc anyway. but just curious
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-27 13:36:12  
From what I've heard and seen personally, it must stay on for cast but I'm not certain you have to have it on when you actually use chain affinity though; it's better to be safe than sorry and it's not like af3+1 or af3+2 are bad pieces. They are pretty sexy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 13:56:11  
Siren.Itachi said:
In Abyssea at least, I believe you should be shooting for maximum tiers. If you get VV/MM/RR atma and if you have all your furtherance abyssites, you'd have more than enough STR and DEX than necessary. fSTR is easily capped.
Fstr yes if you are actually using VV... I sometimes don't and never MM anymore.

But stat mods it wont matter since you can't cap them. A 60% str or dex mod would make aisa add 3 to base dmg even with capped fstr. While 1 tier at most adds 2 or 3 on efflux.

Heck Loki wins on benthic typhoon/vanity dive 90% of the time. Can almost garuntee the neck peice and hands are never ever the right choice for anything other than debuffs
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 13:57:49  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
But just because you break a tier wont necessarily make it better. A new tier only adds 2 to base dmg. 8str/dex could easily beat that. Also shoulds always use af3+1/2 for chain affinity

I do ^^
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 13:58:39  
Siren.Itachi said:
From what I've heard and seen personally, it must stay on for cast but I'm not certain you have to have it on when you actually use chain affinity though; it's better to be safe than sorry and it's not like af3+1 or af3+2 are bad pieces. They are pretty sexy.

It does need to be on for both, and can't be unequipped or the boost wears off.

I just switch into my casting gear, then have it written into my CA macro.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:01:58  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Itachi said:

That's what most people do, I just use sc because I made myself a tricked out sc including where it puts on the head depending on if the buff CA is on or not. Just something to think about if you use that sort of thing. inb4 u r hax and u die udirty fukin chetor
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:03:22  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Itachi said:

That's what most people do, I just use sc because I made myself a tricked out sc including where it puts on the head depending on if the buff CA is on or not. Just something to think about if you use that sort of thing. inb4 u r hax and u die udirty fukin chetor
Meh I do the same thing.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:04:49  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Itachi said:

Meh I do the same thing.
Come on, let's go be dirty *** cheaters together
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-27 14:05:37  
sounds hot, can i join
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:06:58  
Odin.Lowblow said:
sounds hot, can i join
If you bring fruit snacks and sunny-d every other week's meeting
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-27 14:08:13  
Lol sounds like a deal to me
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:08:15  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Itachi said:

Meh I do the same thing.
That kinda sounds really bad and/or wrong. :(. Besides you are on cerberus and my off server mule isn't over there anymore
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:14:17  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Siren.Itachi said:

Meh I do the same thing.
That kinda sounds really bad and/or wrong. :(. Besides you are on cerberus and my off server mule isn't over there anymore
Oh god thats terrible

Also, I fixed my gw link on ffxiah which apparently you just put your name into instead of the url, leave me alone qq. Anyways I have some of my blu item sets in there if you wanted to look at what I usually use. I haven't updated it in a while and I'm missing a few things but it's what I use.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:16:04  
Yes terrible :(.

U has almace I r jealous. I'm stuck with WoE for now. I'll look in a bit wind weather just popped.... go evasion swd!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:18:56  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
U has almace I r jealous. I'm stuck with WoE for now. I'll look in a bit wind weather just popped.... go evasion swd!
dots, anyways yeah I got the 80 version just yesterday lol. Hopefully sobek will go down smooth, people will want stones or something idk.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:19:34  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
dots, anyways yeah I got the 80 version just yesterday lol. Hopefully sobek will go down smooth, people will want stones or something idk.
I'm pretty much solo 99% of the time on this server now
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:20:18  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
QQ moar :P
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:22:09  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Just means I wont be getting stuff like that anytime soon. Not till I lvl nin anyways for red proc soloing. Still need to finish my armageddon solo
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:25:40  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Just means I wont be getting stuff like that anytime soon. Not till I lvl nin anyways for red proc soloing. Still need to finish my armageddon solo
Teeheeyouplaycorsair
I mean I have cor, and sure its fun to take stuff out of storage and look like a pirate and have fun, but I just don't find the marginal utility of a cor greater than throwing another ukonsavara or vara on some ***. Regardless gl on your armageddon, shits probably mad fun.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:26:35  
Actually it's for my rng. Got WoE version already
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:27:43  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Actually it's for my rng. Got WoE version already
Oh, substitute rng for cor and replace glass cannon for marginal utility lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:32:24  
10/15 blue procs yo.

Got 100k for slugshot once. Also rng still tends to be a good DD on stronger stuff. Wildfire was rocking Ranis world.

Plus I don't run with groups where everyone has an empyrean. Or anyone half the time.
First Page 2