Which Head Piece?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Which Head piece?
Which Head piece?
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:34:34  
Heck my old bigger ls the people who got given the upgrade items for empyrean/WoE never did the trials for them... while the people actually already done with the trials got jack.

Ended up trioing cara and soloing WoE. And now soloing Cirein
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:36:29  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
10/15 blue procs yo.

Got 100k for slugshot once. Also rng still tends to be a good DD on stronger stuff. Wildfire was rocking Ranis world.

Plus I don't run with groups where everyone has an empyrean. Or anyone half the time.
Yeah but the problem with rng is that it's a dd job that can't tank, you pull hate and you die, and then pull it again and then die. And presto, you're double weak and can't do anything. War and mnk can tank things for ages while doing massive damage with a whm, while rng has to rely heavily on -enmity or reducing damage or else they get smacked for 10x more than someone else and falls to the ground. You're a taru, you should know this more than anyone ;/
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:39:25  
Anyways as far as your sets go... your idle set looks kinda half finished... not that it really matters for blu.

Your tp set... well I saw the comment about str sham but you don't have one in the set at all lol. Double attack one would probably be best though for an almace user. 2-4 is good tp gain too.

Could swap out tri neck for something else if you get homam feets. Nice for harder targets and such. Or if you aren't setting str atma/outside of abyssea can use some more acc/str since you might not be capping them tping in those situations...

Didn't see any other blu sets
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:41:51  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Yeah but the problem with rng is that it's a dd job that can't tank, you pull hate and you die, and then pull it again and then die. And presto, you're double weak and can't do anything. War and mnk can tank things for ages while doing massive damage with a whm, while rng has to rely heavily on -enmity or reducing damage or else they get smacked for 10x more than someone else and falls to the ground. You're a taru, you should know this more than anyone ;/
Psh I DD double weak!!! Better than most DD since lol super slow doesn't do jack to me.

Just can't use wildfire anymore lol. Though wildfire helps mitigate some of that hate gain. Besides it's only brought out when we got more peeps. Plus people forget thfs sometimes lol so I'm like the only TH... but mostly it's my brew job right now. And later it will return to it's old DD position
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:50:53  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Psh I DD double weak!!! Better than most DD since lol super slow doesn't do jack to me.

Just can't use wildfire anymore lol. Though wildfire helps mitigate some of that hate gain. Besides it's only brought out when we got more peeps. Plus people forget thfs sometimes lol so I'm like the only TH... but mostly it's my brew job right now. And later it will return to it's old DD position
Isn't ranged attack severely gimp double weak? like you miss every single hit?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:51:52  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Anyways as far as your sets go... your idle set looks kinda half finished... not that it really matters for blu.

Your tp set... well I saw the comment about str sham but you don't have one in the set at all lol. Double attack one would probably be best though for an almace user. 2-4 is good tp gain too.

Could swap out tri neck for something else if you get homam feets. Nice for harder targets and such. Or if you aren't setting str atma/outside of abyssea can use some more acc/str since you might not be capping them tping in those situations...

Didn't see any other blu sets
I really do need to update my itemsets, give me minute I'm helping a friend with his fusetto +1. And i'm not worried about CDC stuff yet until I get 85 sword :/.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 14:57:53  
Not sure if it does some but I certainly don't miss every hit. Still land slugshots
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 14:59:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not sure if it does some but I certainly don't miss every hit. Still land slugshots
Quote:
Players suffer additional penalties to their performance while under this status. In addition to the reduced HP/MP and Slow effects, player's ranged attack/accuracy and magic attack/accuracy are set to their respective lowest value possible.
I'm talking double weak here. And i've seen it before, we needed blue once so someone changed to rng and ended up dying twice to aoe and was unable to do anything in terms of ranged attacks
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:04:23  
That info is somewhat wrong. Like for example I've solo kited Nms double weak no way I could've done that with now macc. I've been stun monkey double weak. And I certainly don't miss every ranged shot
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:05:22  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
That info is somewhat wrong. Like for example I've solo kited Nms double weak no way I could've done that with now macc. I've been stun monkey double weak.
Mmmm, maybe, but my glass cannon opinion of rng still holds strong, I do know for a fact that SE did gimp ranged attacks when double weak though way back when rng was mad powerful. Looks like a fun job regardless though.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:06:45  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
That info is somewhat wrong. Like for example I've solo kited Nms double weak no way I could've done that with now macc. I've been stun monkey double weak.
Mmmm, maybe, but my glass cannon opinion of rng still holds strong. Looks like a fun job regardless though.
What excactly does war have that gives it greater survivability than rng again? Defender? Heck half of the current tanks didn't tank for good reason

Also rng is king of low emnity ws :). And if we ever start fighting hard nms outside of abyssea it will become one of hte stronger DDs again
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:10:40  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Mmmm, maybe, but my glass cannon opinion of rng still holds strong. Looks like a fun job regardless though.
What excactly does war have that gives it greater survivability than rng again? Defender? Heck half of the current tanks didn't tank for good reason

Also rng is king of low emnity ws :). And if we ever start fighting hard nms outside of abyssea it will become one of hte stronger DDs again
Defense bonus trait
Duh
What are you new here?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:13:35  
Basically nothing just more people use it as such lol.

Anyways rngs lower lvl correct factor will start meaning alot once we get high lvl nms outside of abysea
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:17:23  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Basically nothing just more people use it as such lol.

Anyways rngs lower lvl correct factor will start meaning alot once we get high lvl nms outside of abysea
True, one thing thats concerning about rng having hate is that it also can't tank/have hate without gimping its damage, your accuracy and damage is modified by distance so if you're trying to deal damage while having hate you're going to fall behind. A lot.
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-27 15:17:42  
I don't have Spellcast :(
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:19:16  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
sadface :<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:23:07  
True, one thing thats concerning about rng having hate is that it also can't tank/have hate without gimping its damage, your accuracy and damage is modified by distance so if you're trying to deal damage while having hate you're going to fall behind. A lot.
acc will still be good close range... actually your a rng your acc is always good lol. And it's not dmg it's ranged attack though gun still is at 100% right outside of melee range. 85% at the edge of melee range. Given the fact you already have higher ratio/Cratio caps lower lvl correct factor and full time +15% or more ratt you will still have higher pdif. Wildfire doesn't suffer at all.

lvl correct factor absolute rapes blu and does a pretty good job on most 1 handers on anything like 10 or more lvls higher. It's jsut higher att lower lvl nms and rediculous crit rate has kinda masked it

Besides you want to fall behind to let others tank.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:23:47  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Blu is actually the reason I started using spellcast. Was doing alot of campaign and so much full gear swaps were needed lol
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:28:07  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
acc will still be good close range... actually your a rng your acc is always good lol. And it's not dmg it's ranged attack though gun still is at 100% right outside of melee range. 85% at the edge of melee range. Given the fact you already have higher ratio/Cratio caps lower lvl correct factor and full time +15% or more ratt you will still have higher pdif. Wildfire doesn't suffer at all.

Besides you want to fall behind to let others tank.
Yeah but thats what I'm saying, rngs need to constantly worry about the enmity when dding, am I about to pull hate, what should I do, etc etc, while wars and mnks and the like can just run in and swing their ***like methheads and not give a *** because whether they have hate or not doesn't matter to them except they don't want it on mages, and even helps them in terms of monk and damage from counter.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:37:55  
It's not really that bad with decent tank. I don't generally give a ***. And on top that I got aramageddon... though I should probably try for anni too. But yeah less emnity from wsing...

And as far as that distance things. Watch zergs outside of abyssea and see who wins. I've won pretty much every one I've been in on rng even with meh gear and it defintely was at close range most the time. And I had less pertinent buffs than the other DDs

Side note: Evasion swd finished time to make an evasion set and some spellcast sets and see if I can make this crazy blu solo idea work
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:40:43  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's not really that bad with decent tank. I don't generally give a ***. And on top that I got aramageddon... though I should probably try for anni too. But yeah less emnity from wsing...

And as far as that distance things. Watch zergs outside of abyssea and see who wins. I've won pretty much every one I've been in on rng even with meh gear and it defintely was at close range most the time. And I had less pertinent buffs than the other DDs

Side note: Evasion swd finished time to make an evasion set and some spellcast sets and see if I can make this crazy blu solo idea work
You're a mad man, a mad man I say!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:43:24  
Yes I think we had already established that though... interestingly enough I saw other people working on evasion swds too...
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-27 15:44:01  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yes I think we had already established that though... interestingly enough I saw other people working on evasion swds too...
That's just scary, maybe they'll dual wield them with their M.acc swords...*shudders*
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 15:48:45  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
That's just scary, maybe they'll dual wield them with their M.acc swords...*shudders*
Actually I was thinking of making some for my idea...

But then I thought it would probably be more mp efficient (important since I'm probably going to not be using refresh atma or gear) not to mention easier to keep shadows up since I wont have to time spells in between attacks to just use melee dmg. So no weapon swapping and use CDC instead.

really need to do some testing on reaving wind though so I can get a better clue how often I'll need to cast it to prevent all tp moves