フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Carabosse
Carabosse
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-02-17 14:53:10  
I started an empy wep static in my shell and currently its a fellow mates turn to finish their weapon. im doing the gun for my cor and i was wondering is Carabosse soloable by a nin/dnc? 362 eva skill 309 parrying 370 katana
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-17 14:56:19  
Doubt it, but may be possible, I've never tried it.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-17 14:58:12  
I saw a nin/dnc soloing it. Not sure if he killed it though. I left when it was at like 30%.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-02-17 14:59:01  
thanks :D was just trying to get some opinions on it. i looked it up and there werent any testimonial thingys :S
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-17 15:04:58  
Gilgamesh.Lunatone said:
thanks :D was just trying to get some opinions on it. i looked it up and there werent any testimonial thingys :S
I'm sure its possible, but he came pretty close to dying multiple times, and had to use temp items to stay alive. It would also take forever to kill it on nin/dnc so you would probably be better off finding a mage to help you just to speed things up.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-17 15:05:56  
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:
I saw a nin/dnc soloing it. Not sure if he killed it though. I left when it was at like 30%.

Would that be before or after Benediction? Because... well, big difference. :/

I'd say if it's possible for a nin/dnc to solo, it's not worth it because it will take a long time to kill. You'll also need a good -MDT set for those oshit moments when a AM2 (if shadows are down) or a -ga spell goes off.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-17 15:14:58  
I'm bored out of my mind, and have a pop set sitting in my KIs... Guess i'll go give it a try.

Most of the time I just solo it on RNG/SAM, but that takes a lot of luck and time.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-02-17 15:17:27  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Bahamut.Xslayrx said:

Would that be before or after Benediction? Because... well, big difference. :/

I'd say if it's possible for a nin/dnc to solo, it's not worth it because it will take a long time to kill. You'll also need a good -MDT set for those oshit moments when a AM2 (if shadows are down) or a -ga spell goes off.
It was after benediction. Though it was never in winter breeze mode during the the time I was watching. Which is why I said I wasn't sure if he was able to kill it.
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-17 15:18:11  
She's easily soloable...if she doesnt resist stun.
If a stun miss on a cyclonic torrent/aeroga III then you're screwed.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-02-17 15:22:30  
=/ gettin a little discouraged now XD but ill still give it a try normall when i solo i use RR VV MC atmas thats worked for me. I always get temp items before hand incase a "omg it caught me while castin Myoshi ichi" but what ultima said about the missing stun is my real worry
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-17 15:27:26  
If you have Apoc atma, I'd say use that over VV, for the triple attack and the quick magic. VV for nin is a bit... meh.
By sefalon 2011-02-17 15:32:49  
I dual box bst on carabosse and I use rr/mountain/vissitude mag deffense and stun is key at end of my fights my dipper yuly is still full health. It takes about 30 min a kill and I am already working on cor gun after getting 50 gems for my massamune. Its possible for sure but get at least healer if ya can
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-17 16:03:31  
Just killed it solo on NIN/DNC with no issues at all, I'll post the video on youtube now, but it won't be ready for another 30mins~1hr.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-17 17:38:27  

It took me 18 mins to kill.

This is my current MDB set:

(Not that I really used it much.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-17 17:59:26  
cheating with blade:hi
takes a bit longer using jin

making my friends gs and my kannagi and carabosse takes 20-30m depending on how often she goes into blm mode

he duo's THF and WHM when we pop bosses and i tank on NIN/DNC
 Fenrir.Calamity
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2011-03-10 01:09:21  
Alot of Carabosse can be luck too. If she uses the right moves in the right order, it can *** you over hard. Lost a couple pops fighting as a duo through the combination of Cyclonic Torrent (Mute + wipes shadows) followed by Winter Breeze and a nice Aero V. And all ya can do is sit there thinking about how much this is gonna hurt.

She's no big deal with a small group, but a duo/solo can be pretty rough if you're unlucky.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 01:17:12  
Yeah I always did it as thf nin and whm and we tore ***up. Whm was mostly there for stun since we rarely took dmg outside of cyclonic or aga if it went to those mods.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-10 01:27:21  
Fenrir.Calamity said:
Alot of Carabosse can be luck too. If she uses the right moves in the right order, it can *** you over hard. Lost a couple pops fighting as a duo through the combination of Cyclonic Torrent (Mute + wipes shadows) followed by Winter Breeze and a nice Aero V. And all ya can do is sit there thinking about how much this is gonna hurt.

She's no big deal with a small group, but a duo/solo can be pretty rough if you're unlucky.

Temp items? >_>
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-10 01:33:34  
Id say soloing it would be luck. I duoed it every kill for my masamune SMN and THF, and even with a fair MDB set, if it wants to kill you, it will. Sometimes it would go aeroga 3 > aeroga 3 in like 4 seconds. Unless you have a fools drink or a whm cure bombing, your going down. And even with Shell V and Baraera, Aero V was doing ~3k, so if it goes mute to that, your pretty much done.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-10 01:34:52  
Odin.Upbeat said:

It took me 18 mins to kill.

This is my current MDB set:

(Not that I really used it much.)

Lol... when pop goes metal.. i have a few of those cds... lol btw yeah blade:hi makes that fight a hell of a lot easier.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 01:37:30  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Id say soloing it would be luck. I duoed it every kill for my masamune SMN and THF, and even with a fair MDB set, if it wants to kill you, it will. Sometimes it would go aeroga 3 > aeroga 3 in like 4 seconds. Unless you have a fools drink or a whm cure bombing, your going down. And even with Shell V and Baraera, Aero V was doing ~3k, so if it goes mute to that, your pretty much done.
Guess you just got really unlucky. All the times I've done it never seen it aga that frequently and never seen a single target spell do more than 2.2k with just shell V. And the only ones that got thru were when it would stun then cast. Neither of use used mdt/mdb
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
user: Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-03-10 01:38:09  
Kinda pointless solo'ing though since you need a war to do the pre-NMs to pop carabosse.. Grats on kill thought for what its worth.

Edit: By needing a war i mean for complete red !! so u dont waste time pointlessly doing multiple pops. 3boxing u can do all carabosse in 1 day easy.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 01:39:57  
Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk said:
Kinda pointless solo'ing though since you need a war to do the pre-NMs to pop carabosse.. Grats on kill thought for what its worth.
Don't need just helps speed things up a little sometimes. nin/war gets all but gswd/scythe I think.
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-03-10 01:43:58  
NIN/WAR doesnt get gsword/scythe/pole/staff(sunburst)
But hes /DNC so he doesnt get sword, or club either iirc. or probably Earth Crusher.

Plus- would have a hard time keeping positive time- maybe possible but between nms, etc- probably going to be running negative on top of repeating nms; its far from efficient. That on top of 1 dd on carabosse you turn a half day binge into a few days of much more work and negative stones (not like it matters, but re-entering and goin to town kind of a pain).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 01:48:03  
Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk said:
NIN/WAR doesnt get gsword/scythe/pole/staff(sunburst)
/War gets pole and sunburst if it merits staff and some gear.

As far as efficiency not everyone has groups to do stuff for them. So buying pops running in doing nms and then running out changing subjob is the most efficient for some people
 Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk
By Gilgamesh.Ravenlokk 2011-03-10 01:52:37  
Quoting a friend...

SUCK LESS.

edit: argument end @ merit staff [for nin]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 01:55:40  
I would for this. What else you gunna merit for nin? gkt evasion and? Not to mention I've gotten a good million xp since I last capped my merits... so it's not like moving them around would really mean that much
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-13 23:36:50  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I would for this. What else you gunna merit for nin? gkt evasion and? Not to mention I've gotten a good million xp since I last capped my merits... so it's not like moving them around would really mean that much

... gkt? really? ====================> official forums are that way. If you seriously didn't merit Katana I'm gonna cry.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 00:00:19  
Like merits aren't 1hr for 20.

Also, no law says you have to proc red to get the Key item. Doing my first few Carabosse totally solo on BST, I got many of the key items without Red!! (BST gets maybe 2 or 3 depending on sub, and that sub is Warrior)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 00:11:28  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
... gkt? really? ====================> official forums are that way. If you seriously didn't merit Katana I'm gonna cry.
You know what I meant.
First Page 2