Carabosse
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 00:17:08  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Like merits aren't 1hr for 20.

Also, no law says you have to proc red to get the Key item. Doing my first few Carabosse totally solo on BST, I got many of the key items without Red!! (BST gets maybe 2 or 3 depending on sub, and that sub is Warrior)
bst/war. Club, polearm, scythe, swd, and 1-2 staff. So more like 6-7.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 00:20:07  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Like merits aren't 1hr for 20. Also, no law says you have to proc red to get the Key item. Doing my first few Carabosse totally solo on BST, I got many of the key items without Red!! (BST gets maybe 2 or 3 depending on sub, and that sub is Warrior)
bst equipable polearm? hmmm
All jobs equipable polearm

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 00:24:51  
It's still there

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-14 00:29:51  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Id say soloing it would be luck. I duoed it every kill for my masamune SMN and THF, and even with a fair MDB set, if it wants to kill you, it will. Sometimes it would go aeroga 3 > aeroga 3 in like 4 seconds. Unless you have a fools drink or a whm cure bombing, your going down. And even with Shell V and Baraera, Aero V was doing ~3k, so if it goes mute to that, your pretty much done.
Guess you just got really unlucky. All the times I've done it never seen it aga that frequently and never seen a single target spell do more than 2.2k with just shell V. And the only ones that got thru were when it would stun then cast. Neither of use used mdt/mdb

I didnt mind the stun then cast, ni could usually get up before cast. The problem was mute then cast. Im just sitting there like welp, time for a scenic flee through port jeuno.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 00:53:43  
I mean the dmg you were taking is unlucky since with just shell never took nowhere near that much during my whole gun farm
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-14 01:06:57  
It only happened a few times, more times it would cast ga twice in a row, and i was duoing with a smn, so no cure V pretty much meant death.
 Carbuncle.Luthian
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luthian 2011-03-14 01:16:47  

This is my current MDB set:

(Not that I really used it much.)[/quote]

Does Resentment Cape work in Abyssea? If not then Lamia Mantle +1 might be more beneficial.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 01:21:14  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Like merits aren't 1hr for 20.

Also, no law says you have to proc red to get the Key item. Doing my first few Carabosse totally solo on BST, I got many of the key items without Red!! (BST gets maybe 2 or 3 depending on sub, and that sub is Warrior)

I don't have the event polearm, and without Regain Atmas, you're going to take longer to get 100tp, than to kill and farm 4-5 pop sets. No joke.

That really limits you to Scythe and Sword as a truly effective means to red stagger.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 01:22:00  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Like merits aren't 1hr for 20. Also, no law says you have to proc red to get the Key item. Doing my first few Carabosse totally solo on BST, I got many of the key items without Red!! (BST gets maybe 2 or 3 depending on sub, and that sub is Warrior)
I don't have the event polearm, and without Regain Atmas, you're going to take longer to get 100tp, than to kill and farm 4-5 pop sets. No joke.
So use regain atma? I go around as rdm/war with regain atma soloing
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 01:25:42  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
It only happened a few times, more times it would cast ga twice in a row, and i was duoing with a smn, so no cure V pretty much meant death.
That's what I'm saying though. Even if I ate a single target it was only 2-2.4k with just shell V... Granted as a taru thf that still generally meant I ate dirt lol. Wait if you were duoing with a smn how'd you have shell V?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 01:25:44  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
So use regain atma?

There's a few issues there.

1. Babba Yaga is a *** at times, you really don't have "That" Many chances to stagger because of her behavior. It's managable but still a pain in the ***.

2.The fly is a little more troublesome, I prefer BST/DNC when dealing with him since you can Violent Flourish and stop Aeroga III hate shitstorm. You'd be surprised how fast your ***can get shoved in with no healing and a fly beating the ***out of you.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 01:36:35  
Psh babba is a little ***. It's rather easy to trigger on it as long as you don't kill it first lol.

And as far as the fly... dipper should resist aeroga and then then make it run to out of range the tp spam after. And either way bst/dnc can still do dagger. You could /drk for stun. More accurate stun at that and still get club, scythe and swd :)
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-03-14 02:26:03  
Carbuncle.Luthian said:

Odin.Upbeat said:
This is my current MDB set:

(Not that I really used it much.)

Does Resentment Cape work in Abyssea? If not then Lamia Mantle +1 might be more beneficial.

It does not work inside abyssea, I didn't even bring it with me iirc. Lamia Mantle +1 would be more beneficial, but honestly I think I only even used my MDT set once that whole fight. I would rather save that extra inv spot for another gem.

EDIT: You could probably also drop the waist and head piece without any real change.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-14 02:30:27  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Psh babba is a little ***. It's rather easy to trigger on it as long as you don't kill it first lol.

And as far as the fly... dipper should resist aeroga and then then make it run to out of range the tp spam after. And either way bst/dnc can still do dagger. You could /drk for stun. More accurate stun at that and still get club, scythe and swd :)

Actually, Violent Flourish has never failed me, where DRK sub stun has, a lot. (On targets that don't outright resist stun)

TP spam isn't the problem, it erases hate and sends this pissed off fly at you full tilt, if you run away, that's more time it's killing you, less time Dippy is getting hate back.

Trust me, I've tried it, it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better to just kill them fast if you're solo, not like you have to go far to get the pop item...

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-14 02:50:51  
I never lost hate if I managed to out run or stun some of the tp spam moves.

Meh farming pops takes awhile. Soloing I'd much rather maybe take twice as long to garuntee KI somtimes actually kill faster then kill several times and farm pops several times. Actaully rather just buy pops in the first place since they cheap