users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Player: warning Vanna
Player: warning Vanna
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:23:44  
I think if people are really bothered by this clown, they should send a PM to Scragg or Jaerik. As players themselves, I'm sure they will understand your frustration! But as numerous people have said, don't lose sleep because some boy who's balls haven't dropped yet is sending screenshots of your screenshots to the special task force!

And as I said before, lol @ Vanna, and Sage Sundi is laughing with me.
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 21:27:19  
LOL @ Vanna. Which is wost ? Someone using Windower and plays once a week? Or, someone Triple-Quad boxing, everyday.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:28:20  
Kindle said:
LOL @ Vanna. Which is wost ? Someone using Windower and plays once a week? Or, someone Triple-Quad boxing, everyday.

Well he's not anymore, lolz.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 21:28:46  
lolz
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:31:00  
User submitted image

Shall I? :o
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 21:31:36  
YES LOL!!!!!!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:34:51  
User submitted image

(Never loses it <3)
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 21:42:17  
lol
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-07 21:43:14  
Wooooodum said:
It's almost tempting to send this Vanna person 500 screenshots of mine with zero plugins visible. Since I don't use windower, it'd be a pretty damn satisfying middle finger if you ask me.

The best part is they'd waste their time loading them, hoping for that juicy plugin overlay in the bottom right of the screen to condemn me to the depths of hell!

That's funny, 'cause I'm tempted to send him 500 screenshots of mine WITH plugins visible. Then he'll waste even more of his time opening them all and sending them on for nothing :p
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:47:28  
Blazza said:
Wooooodum said:
It's almost tempting to send this Vanna person 500 screenshots of mine with zero plugins visible. Since I don't use windower, it'd be a pretty damn satisfying middle finger if you ask me.

The best part is they'd waste their time loading them, hoping for that juicy plugin overlay in the bottom right of the screen to condemn me to the depths of hell!

That's funny, 'cause I'm tempted to send him 500 screenshots of mine WITH plugins visible. Then he'll waste even more of his time opening them all and sending them on for nothing :p

I party'd with a "Blazze" today; nearly went "OMG Blazza you came to Garuda!" when I joined the party.

Bubble. Burst. ;-;
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 21:49:18  
Its funny, cause look FFXIah.com supports Windower, why look.

input /equip main "Templar Mace";
input /equip sub "Numinous Shield";
input /equip head "Raven Beret";
input /equip body "Noble's Tunic";
input /equip neck "Beak Necklace";
input /equip ear1 "Insomnia Earring";
input /equip ear2 "Loquac. Earring";
input /equip ring1 "Ether Ring";
input /equip ring2 "Astral Ring";
input /equip back "Errant Cape";
input /equip waist "Penitent's Rope";
input /equip legs "Blessed Trousers";
input /equip feet "Cure Clogs";
input /equip hands "Blessed Mitts";

Isnt the "input" for windower ***and not Macros? - dont use scripts so wouldn't know.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:50:25  
Kindle said:

Isnt the "input" for windower ***and not Macros? - dont use scripts so wouldn't know.

Yeah it is. It's convenience. You'd think somebody who plays on that many PC's at once would know what that means. Shame the camera in the video doesn't pan down; we might see the stick poking out his ***.
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 21:52:47  
lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-07 21:53:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Benito said:
well i am sure if vanna-Vannamule does'nt get ya the RMT-PWNER V1.337, or STF will. Should'nt get mad over people reporting illegal use of third party software. i myself too hope you get banned i mean come on you know windower is illegal that is why you took it off your char page on ffxiah.com your scared and so now you want others to help boost your self esteem by letting them rag on the person(s) who have turned you in. the stf isn't on payroll for nothing. bots are gone and might not be today or tomorrow or next week but i too am sure you will get caught. and come on really you think someone would just photoshop your pic and double post a picture? please... it is linked to your char your IP address, meaning someone else would have had to hack your ffxiah.com site to sabotage you.. yea how many reports has se had on that topic? 0! i personally think vanna-vannamule should just do silent STF post lol that way you will have to wonder who reported you.

Quote from some other guy said:
Major flaw in this is that SE has NO way to detect programs outside the game mechanics (I.e. Windower). So they can collect till they grow blue in the face, but just like with the original app was concerned, SE will more likely bend and incorporate the plugin features before they can do jack about the 50%+ population that uses it

Correct, But when you post a picture then it changes everything. get real kids who is really out to sabotage you, they would have to hack your account to post a pic that they *Photoshopped* yea that is alot of trouble for what? Nothing.. hope you get banned see you again or not. :3

And I thought Korpg's posts were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. I think you one-uped him here. Congrats!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-03-07 21:57:19  
Artemicion said:
Well the good news is screenshot credibility is nil. Anyone has the ability to make a picture look like whatever they want these days, therefore as long as it's outside the game, SE has virtually zero jurisdiction in action against you or anyone unless it was within the game itself.

This is why RMT sites can't be taken down from SE, however SE is free to do whatever they want within the game itself. And since windower has little to no importance or relevance to SE, I think you have very little to worry about.

As for Vanna... Sounds to me like the epitome of time wasted on an epic scale. Probably turned out to be like this.

Artemicion, You sooo make great epic postings my friend!!

FTW!!! <Good Job> <Congradulations!>

Well Done Sir, Absolfuckinglutely, Love it!!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-07 21:57:35  
Quote from some other guy said:
Quote from some other guy

He sounds like a right noob :(
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-07 21:58:56  
Kindle said:

A little off topic here, but the way FFXIAH writes those macros may cause issues sometimes. I had issues when mine were set out in this way because of ear1 and ear2, and ring1 and ring2 being right on top of each other. Sticking ring1 and ear1 at the top and ring2 and ear2 at the bottom fixed it. (When they were together it would ignore ring2 and ear2)
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-07 23:43:55  
=O
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-03-08 01:57:43  
Artemicion said:
Well the good news is screenshot credibility is nil. Anyone has the ability to make a picture look like whatever they want these days.

Irak was attacked and millions of people killed (or yet to be) based on photoshopped satelite pictures of weapons of mass destruction, and everybody knew they were faked but whatever people said, it didn't matter... It's not really the fact those "proofs" have no credibility that matters, it's whether SE cares or not. If they did care, they would gladly use those screenshots as proofs. The "government" decides what is valid or not; we just shut up and swallow the ***. I know, it's frustrating... ^^;
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-08 03:04:46  
CLICK IT Wooooodum!

Honestly S/E has better things to do with its time than go after people using a program designed on the basis of being as unobtrusive and non-game-breaking as possible. So long as you're not looping spells for unattended skillups or something the GMs and STFU could give a rat's ***. We're paying customers, and we're not disrupting the community, so they have no reason to intervene.

Vanna/Benito, if you really want evidence I'll zip up my whole scripts and screenshots folder and I'll even write a note to S/E with my POL ID and real name to verify my account. You can toss that at the STFU and see if it sticks.
 Phoenix.Mayuri
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ricard
By Phoenix.Mayuri 2009-03-08 06:45:37  
Wooooodum said:
User submitted image

Shall I? :o

that made my day
 Ramuh.Ardath
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ardath
By Ramuh.Ardath 2009-03-08 07:52:32  
"Disclaimer

Any damages or loss caused by this program are the sole responsibility of the user. Use of this program will likely break the EULA and may result in suspension/banning if caught; use at your own risk."

From the windower website itself. FYI
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-08 08:15:28  
Yet how many people do you know that have been banned for using windower?
 Odin.Leey
user:
By Odin.Leey 2009-03-08 11:16:26

just wow... you must be the biggest retard ever to play this game so grats on that... seriously tho did someone feed your mangina a bucket of sand using a straw? get a *** life you tool and stop trying to ruin the game for others just because you fail at it @ Vanna.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 13:01:52

Ardath said:
"Disclaimer

Any damages or loss caused by this program are the sole responsibility of the user. Use of this program will likely break the EULA and may result in suspension/banning if caught; use at your own risk."

That's a made statement to cover their own ***. Almost all software has a use at own risk policy/disclaimer. You just don't notice because 99% of us just scroll down and click accept right away xD
 Shiva.Andromache
user: Khan
By Shiva.Andromache 2009-03-08 13:09:15  
nothing SE will do about SS's of windower or any other illegal programs. it can not be considered real evidence against the player. 1 reason, photoshop.
 Ragnarok.Girzie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Girzie
By Ragnarok.Girzie 2009-03-08 15:21:29  
Artemicion said:
Ardath said:
"Disclaimer

That's a made statement to cover their own ***. Almost all software has a use at own risk policy/disclaimer. You just don't notice because 99% of us just scroll down and click accept right away xD

Cheating is defined as improper actions that give the player an unfair advantage over others. The following actions are some examples of prohibited activities that are considered cheating:
- Use of a program or tool within any PlayOnline service that allows certain actions to be performed automatically and continuously.
- Changing, combining, reverse engineering, or analyzing game data, as well as creating or distributing related utility programs.
- Use of any unofficial program to the benefit of the user.

* Please note that use of any third-party program that affects game play is prohibited, whether or not it specifically benefits the user.

* Please note that even those players who take advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play even without the use of unofficial programs may also face penalties such as account suspension. If you become aware of any such issue, please report it to a GM immediately.

Response
Any players caught cheating will be severely penalized. If the investigation, which may include log checks and other various investigation techniques, reveals that the player has gained an unfair advantage, the account will be immediately suspended and reviewed by the Account Admin for permanent account termination.

If you have witnessed players moving at unusual speeds or otherwise exhibiting suspicious behavior, please contact a GM so that the matter can be investigated. Select the "Help Desk" -> "I want to report a violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement" and place a call.

GMs may approach players during the course of cheating investigations. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Reasons
Cheating disrupts the game balance and items obtained in this way can disrupt the economic stability of the game. Additionally, some unofficial programs contain viruses and spyware which can be harmful to not only the user of the program, but also to other players as well. This can lead to personal data leaks, character deletion, and other unfortunate circumstances.

If it isn't illegal to use windower surely you will all find out sooner or later eh? they post bannings once a month everyone who has posted to this rss feed really seems a bit scared ROFL guess only time will tell if it really is illegal and get real with the whole photoshop crap either the stf or se will or will not investigate the point is you've been turned in that is just the beginning and that fool Kindle is scared that is why he tried to be smart and take down his picture from the get go :F the stf isnt on payroll for nothing. we will all see who may get the last laugh. :3
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-08 15:23:28

Jaerik said:
The irony of people arguing that Windower is cheating on a FFXIAH.com message board never ceases to amuse me.

You guys do know we're the same people, right? The core technology behind Windower, and the core technology behind FFXIAH.com, were both written by Cliff, one of our site admins. Hell, even I was around during most of the original development of Windower. (Leave it to a samurai to dream up seeing group members' TP.) The maintenance of the Windower code base has since been taken over by another development group with a slightly different ideology, but the point is the same.

Did you know that at one point, the extended macro system that Windower has now was actually a fully-featured reactive scripting system? You could automate your entire character. You could conceivably teach it how to pull, how to buff and heal your group when they needed it, how to fight mobs, even how to automatically do missions and quests, and then give those scripts to other people. I still have a copy of the prototype -- it works quite well.

Did you know that if we wanted to, we could so dramatically improve the Crafting section on FFXIAH.com that it could automatically compute the exact best personalized money-making synth for you at any moment, based off over a dozen existing market figures, day/crystal combinations, and your players' synth skills? We have the data -- it wouldn't be hard to implement.

But the scripting system for Windower was never released, and you will never see that kind of crafting functionality on FFXIAH.com.

Why not?

As per my previous post in this thread, because Terms of Service agreements are not legally binding documents, the only "rules" in FF: Online are what any given GM tells any given person on any given day. Everything else is just guidelines. But what will make SE start banning people indiscriminately is if a particular tool starts to give enough of an unfair advantage that they begin to lose subscribers over it. As such, it is our duty as 3rd party developers to make sure our tools never cross that line.

But to sit on an FFXIAH.com message board and accuse Windower users of "cheating," due to some non-existent ethical violation, is quite simply laughable.
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-03-08 15:37:55  
*puts papers in briefcase, retrieves hat and overcoat from coatrack, goes home.*
 Remora.Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-03-08 15:53:53  
Girzie said:
Artemicion said:
Ardath said:
"Disclaimer

Cheating is defined as improper actions that give the player an unfair advantage over others. The following actions are some examples of prohibited activities that are considered cheating:
- Use of a program or tool within any PlayOnline service that allows certain actions to be performed automatically and continuously.
- Changing, combining, reverse engineering, or analyzing game data, as well as creating or distributing related utility programs.
- Use of any unofficial program to the benefit of the user.

* Please note that use of any third-party program that affects game play is prohibited, whether or not it specifically benefits the user.

* Please note that even those players who take advantage of in-game mechanics not intended as normal means of game play even without the use of unofficial programs may also face penalties such as account suspension. If you become aware of any such issue, please report it to a GM immediately.

Response
Any players caught cheating will be severely penalized. If the investigation, which may include log checks and other various investigation techniques, reveals that the player has gained an unfair advantage, the account will be immediately suspended and reviewed by the Account Admin for permanent account termination.

If you have witnessed players moving at unusual speeds or otherwise exhibiting suspicious behavior, please contact a GM so that the matter can be investigated. Select the "Help Desk" -> "I want to report a violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement" and place a call.

GMs may approach players during the course of cheating investigations. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Reasons
Cheating disrupts the game balance and items obtained in this way can disrupt the economic stability of the game. Additionally, some unofficial programs contain viruses and spyware which can be harmful to not only the user of the program, but also to other players as well. This can lead to personal data leaks, character deletion, and other unfortunate circumstances.

If it isn't illegal to use windower surely you will all find out sooner or later eh? they post bannings once a month everyone who has posted to this rss feed really seems a bit scared ROFL guess only time will tell if it really is illegal and get real with the whole photoshop crap either the stf or se will or will not investigate the point is you've been turned in that is just the beginning and that fool Kindle is scared that is why he tried to be smart and take down his picture from the get go :F the stf isnt on payroll for nothing. we will all see who may get the last laugh. :3

Lol here another one of His mules! lol!!!!