Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22697 22698 22699 ... 22704 22705 22706
By Afania 2024-09-03 02:33:59  
Pantafernando said: »
I think even the most garbage information, more terrible hate discourse can be filterd by individuals

The fact that propaganda tactic is often successful proves that your personal belief is probably false.

Edit: I've read a research paper that says propaganda, especially fear mongering kind of political propaganda or rage baits, spreads WAY faster than every other type of information on the internet. Because fear and anger are emotional driven and people are more likely to spread them due to the intention of self protection.

However it takes way more resources for clarification information to spread on the internet. Because this kind of information does not spread by negative emotions. Therefore it is less effective at getting people's attention.

So this war between false information and real information is never fair to begin with if absolutely nothing has been done by outside force.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 02:56:42  
There are many downsides in living in a touristic city, but an unexpected one is that every single related person sees someone who lives in those cities as a free lodging.

Yearly at least 1 month i have to live with my mother friends or far relatives that abuse of this situation.

Yesterday she said to me: “hey, our family was voting where to do the family meeting…. And they decided here!”

Yeah, no ***. Obviously they would decide coming to my house. Because they ALWAYS do that, why would be different this time?

Pains me more because i really cant relate to this. Even when i travel to some city where i know there is a friend there, i rent a hotel room, just to not abuse the others privacy. But i should be the only one in my family to think that.

They want to spend from Christmas to new year here. I suppose this is good for me. Those family events are always bothersome, so i can use this opportunity and simply travel a bit.

Let then do whatever the ***they want here. I will enjoy my peace in another town
[+]
By Zehira 2024-09-03 03:11:21  
Yeah, it's okay. X is banned in Brazil, and Kaspersky is banned in the US. The real reason why the US government decided to ban Kaspersky is because it's the only Russian antivirus program out of all programs that is able to detect the more advanced spyware called Pegasus (created by an Israeli group). I guess the CIA didn't like to be detected so they had to ban Kaspersky. They just make up ***and sheep believe them.

We, unfortunately, have to deal with a lot of dumb sheep in the world. Otherwise, all of us will only see what our governments want us to see.
By Afania 2024-09-03 03:37:49  
Zehira said: »
Yeah, it's okay. X is banned in Brazil, and Kaspersky is banned in the US. The real reason why the US government decided to ban Kaspersky is because it's the only Russian antivirus program out of all programs that is able to detect the more advanced spyware called Pegasus (created by an Israeli group). I guess the CIA didn't like to be detected so they had to ban Kaspersky. They just make up ***and sheep believe them.

We, unfortunately, have to deal with a lot of dumb sheep in the world. Otherwise, all of us will only see what our governments want us to see.

I use Kaspersky, and the only reason is because I am not a US citizen nor Ukrainian. If I am an US citizen or Ukrainian I wouldn't use it too, no matter how good it is.

It's pretty much common sense to NOT use programs from your political enemies.

Quote:
They just make up ***and sheep believe them.

They don't need to make any ***up. When you see programs made by your political enemies, avoid them at all cost, even if there are no evidence to prove they are guilty. Better safe than sorry.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 03:41:58  
I dont go farming enemies, sir.
By Afania 2024-09-03 03:42:34  
Pantafernando said: »
I dont go farming enemies, sir.

Lucky you then. Live in a world that no one is hostile towards you.

Not everyone is lucky like you though.
[+]
By Afania 2024-09-03 07:57:28  
Zehira said: »
Kaspersky is because it's the only Russian antivirus program out of all programs that is able to detect the more advanced spyware called Pegasus (created by an Israeli group). I guess the CIA didn't like to be detected so they had to ban Kaspersky. They just make up ***and sheep believe them.

Also just FYI, a quick google search shows that there are multiple tools and programs that can detect Pegasus. Using Kaspersky isn't necessary.

Although I like Kaspersky as a product as the next guy, I still think that 100% reliance on programs that may have connections with foreign adversaries puts one at a strategic disadvantage. I would rather encourage other groups from allies to develope equally competitive programs, than letting foreign adversaries having a strategic advantage.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 11:25:51  
I need to stop using "we" when Im refering to myself during interview.

They will discover my other personas!
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-09-03 11:56:10  
Many security products are trivial to evade with very little effort, others take a bit more work but aren't that much harder if you know what you are doing. A simple XOR (or basically any arithmetic) encoding of a backdoor or payload is enough to evade almost all signature detection, evasion of dynamic detection is a bit harder but also not that difficult if you have time/resources. They are designed to detect common, known threats that normal users would see through things like malicious ads, phishing, etc. This includes Kaspersky.

They are not designed to detect nation state level attacks by a determined adversary. Yes I know they advertise they can, but it's all horse ***like 99% of the crap sold by the cybersecurity industry. If someone is targeting you specifically, rather than a broad range of people, then the chances of whatever they send you not being detected is much higher regardless of whether it's a nation state or not.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 12:11:06  
Hah. Concord is being removed 2 weeks after launch and full refunds.

Nice to see them just take the loss and bail, at least.

EIGHT YEARS of dev time into it. We need a bigger word than colossal for it's failure.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 12:29:45  
If they wpuld target me specifically, they dont need to send me spywares.

Just send me hot chick cosplaying mithras, then you have my money!
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-09-03 14:11:55  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Hah. Concord is being removed 2 weeks after launch and full refunds.

Nice to see them just take the loss and bail, at least.

EIGHT YEARS of dev time into it. We need a bigger word than colossal for it's failure.
there is probably some sort of tax system loophole to utilize to make it a profitable write-off or bring them into a more beneficial bracket, knowing how the tax systems work.

There is a probably a new jersey accountant expert that can chime in and elaborate
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 14:18:07  
I mean, that's obvious. They're going to get every penny back with 10 years of tax breaks for eating the loss, let's not kid ourselves.

That's why I didn't bring up the 180 million dollar cost, only the fact that hundreds of people spent eight years of their lives on this and have *** all to show for it. And now they're going to get fired, hurray for "standard business practices".
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-09-03 14:29:54  
I dont feel as badly as you do.

welcome to the rest of society; working 8 years for wages and nothing else to show for the time is par for most jobs in a society in general

you got some good experience for a resume like the rest of us.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 14:37:09  
I'm confident no one will put that on a resume lol

Can't even put "unnamed software" because it's such a massive failure anyone would instantly know.

I guess, in fairness, if we wait 2-3 months there'll be another colossal failure and it'll be old news.
By Afania 2024-09-03 14:47:33  
I'm confident no one will put that on a resume lol

Can't even put "unnamed software" because it's such a massive failure anyone would instantly know.

Depends on the position, lol.

If I am hiring someone to write backend code for a server in a game, I give zero *** about a game that failed because of bad business model and character design. The job is to write code, not writing live service game business plans nor design characters.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 14:55:37  
Yes, context always matters, that should be obvious.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 14:59:41  
Its only obvious if its published by Harvard
By Afania 2024-09-03 15:25:59  
Yes, context always matters, that should be obvious.

Actually, I got bored so I checked the guy who is probably the most responsible for the final look for the game.

I saw a big concord banner on top of the profile......

No one is trying to hide anything there!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 15:27:55  
He's not going to be job hunting tomorrow like the actual staff are lol

All the people at fault aren't going anywhere, all the people that had no say, just worker drones, are.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 15:38:24  
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-09-03 15:45:21  
I want a game that has Samurai as a playable class to call it a Jizamurai instead.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 15:49:38  
Most FF have Samurai class.
By Pantafernando 2024-09-04 03:04:06  
Good morning you who use Kapersky. Also good morning you who use AVG Free. And you who prefer Norton.

Also you who dont use any anti virus.

Afterall, you dont need to worry about what your eyes cant see!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-04 10:17:39  
Another woke goyslop excuse of a game for a modern audience that fell flat on its face.

Nothing of value was lost except for the 8 years that could have been spent working on Bloodborne 2 or a remake with extra content for a fraction of the investment.
By Viciouss 2024-09-04 10:28:33  
What does Bloodborne 2 have to do with Concord? Completely different developers?
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-09-04 10:46:18  
Concord was like "if you thought Gollum was bad, or the No Man's Sky initial launch was a failure, hold my soy keto latte"
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-09-04 11:41:32  
Been playing a ton of the first descendent - Everyone tells me its trash kpop destiny or trash warframe but I played those games and this games shits on them in my opinion. plus it has boobas.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-09-04 12:17:05  
Viciouss said: »
What does Bloodborne 2 have to do with Concord? Completely different developers?
This does not seem to mater to Nynja.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-09-04 12:26:06  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Been playing a ton of the first descendent - Everyone tells me its trash kpop destiny or trash warframe but I played those games and this games shits on them in my opinion. plus it has boobas.

It's just fanbases being stupid, Warframe gives a good first impression due to the combat and frame designs but it's crap compared to FD honestly. I have thousands of hours on it from many years ago, also spent a lot of money on it and the devs are garbage and once you cap out on the things you want there is nothing to do at all.

The biggest problem with Warframe is DE, they never properly finish anything and they turn on a dime with content.
First Page 2 3 ... 22697 22698 22699 ... 22704 22705 22706