Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22666 22667 22668 ... 22701 22702 22703
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-04 11:51:51  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
The way human beings start to increasingly hate their parents during puberty is an evolutionary advantage to help guard against incest.
The problem here is that most teens do not hate their parents. Some teens do of course but way more are simply embarrassed by their parents.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-08-04 11:55:48  
PAGED!!!

[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-04 12:22:18  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
PAGED!!!

Its rare, but happens often.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-04 13:29:05  
My love for boobs made it happen

You’re welcome
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-08-04 13:33:34  
Quote:
But the main take on the AI winters is that the demand was never dropped. Humanity really wants to make machine as sentient as humans.

No, they just want money. That's all anyone cares about anymore.

Nobody understands how consciousness even works in humans, let alone replicating it in code.

AI is not AI, it's just software that mimics human responses and that uses training to select better responses they find more convincing.

Not only is it not AI, but the research will never make it AI within the next 20-30 years because nobody is trying to make conscious intelligence at all. They are following a path in making the software better able to fool people into thinking it's real, that's what all the research is going into. Nobody at Open AI is researching consciousness or making it aware or anything else.

Thinking current AI tech will create actual AI if they raise enough money is like thinking a magician can learn actual magic if you give him enough money, no it's not real it's just fooling you into thinking it is.

AI is not AI, it's built on a foundation of lies for investor money. Which is fitting because one of the biggest problems with AI is that it's coded to lie convincingly to you if it doesn't have data on something.

Will it get better? sure, will it be AI? no.
 Asura.Thunderjet
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-08-04 15:34:10  
FFXI NEEDS A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT is boring now :(
By Pantafernando 2024-08-04 16:42:55  
What kind of big announcement you think SE could make regarding FFXI?

Servers closing?
By Seun 2024-08-04 16:51:35  
The big announcement that there will be no further big announcements was their last big announcement.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-04 16:59:47  
I would love some announcement like: "we are remaking FFXI as an offline version with better graphics and improved gambit system".
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-04 17:01:58  
For your phone... heavily fueled by micro transactions.. ect.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-08-04 17:14:50  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I love boobs
I also love boobs
[+]
By Zehira 2024-08-04 17:24:13  
Pantafernando said: »
I would love some announcement like: "we are remaking FFXI as an offline version with better graphics and improved gambit system".

I think it's the only way.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-04 17:37:20  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I love boobs
I also love boobs
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-08-04 17:50:36  
Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
Theory of the day
I think there's a simpler explanation (for when it happens; it's not as inevitable nor as strong as you made it sound): it's the result of a conflict between the adolescent boy/girl's developing sense of indepedence vs their parents' authority over their life.

I'm inclined to believe that "teenagehood" is the result of our modern, urban life style that extends childhood past puberty, contrary to the traditional "coming of age", which used to signifiy transition from childhood to adulthood right at puberty or a certain age that's years earlier than the standard modern 18. Many societies around the world, past and present, don't have the classic "teen turmoil" problem because their kids are ready to assume adult responsbilities by/after puberty. That might not work in our modern, urban societies, but it's just something to keep in mind.

tl;dr it's not a biological inevitability, therefore isn't fit to explain the (almost) universal human revulsion to incest.
By warmech 2024-08-04 18:35:13  
I feel like, hold on one sec, looks like my sister is stuck in the dryer again.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-04 19:04:34  
Well, Ive reached the last chapter in XIII, and now Im debating between farming to upgrade my weapons to max or just rushing to the end as I should be strong enough for it.

The thing about farming for the ultimate weapons is that is a massive time investment for money.

Thinking better, nvm that grinding, lets rush to the end.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-04 20:18:44  
I'm doing some trials for a weapon I finished, and then I remembered something:
Y'all remember the OG RM magian trials?

"Do Mercy Stroke 1500 times, then kill 1500 vermin using Mercy Stroke for the killshot"
Reward: DMG+2 augment

SE: "Why are people botting our game?!? These are perfectly reasonable requests"
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-04 23:45:13  
I was more scared for their sanity when I realized someone typed their gibberish dialogue.

*Richybear walks up with a weapon*
CHOTTO MATTE YO, UNO MOMENTO. DAIJI N SHITE YO!
"This moogle is having a stroke, quick get Monberaux"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-08-04 23:59:26  
That was the *** weeb armor moogle. And you had to read that ***every time you upgraded a piece of empyrean armor.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-05 02:49:00  
Good morning you who love your father. Also you who love your mother. And you who love your sister. Also you who love you hor cousin.

Love is a beatiful thing.

Just dont lust after them you damn degenerate.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-05 02:49:55  
RadialArcana said: »
hate

YouTube Video Placeholder
By RadialArcana 2024-08-05 03:20:15  
Ai in 2024 is like magic tricks your parents watched on TV 30-40 years ago. People were like, "it's real! he is bending the spoon with his fricking mind!"

If you use AI a while you'll see it's not what they pretend it is, it's all smoke and mirrors. It's designed to fool you, it's a fool you machine with no actual substance there. It's getting better and better due to more and more training from users + or - replies, but it's still a fool you machine and that is all it will ever be.

It's not artificial intelligence, it's code that is designed and trained by users to mimic and fool the reader into thinking it's more than it is. It uses billions of posts (including stuff many of us have written) on the internet, from reddit forums, facebook etc to come across as sounding realistic but it's not real.

Not only is it a sham of lies, but the things it says can never be trusted to be correct. Not only can it be wrong, it can be wrong catastrophically and the reason for that is there is no actual understanding of anything it writes out.

All this marketing with AI building it up is gaslighting to attract investors.

If you took someone from 200 years ago and showed them an npc on skyrim talking they would think it's a real person in the box, our understanding of the tech would find their view of it laughable. That's how many people see AI today, it's not what people think it is. It's far more advanced but it's still not really doing what it appears to be doing.
By Seun 2024-08-05 04:01:03  
Also you who love you hor cousin.

Imma tell my cousin what you said about her. That's cold.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-05 04:11:44  
I fat fingered a h instead of a t
By Pantafernando 2024-08-05 04:12:26  
Now I fat fingered a h instead of a r
By Afania 2024-08-05 05:27:22  
Quote:
But the main take on the AI winters is that the demand was never dropped. Humanity really wants to make machine as sentient as humans.
No, they just want money. That's all anyone cares about anymore.

I don't agree that AI is only about money. AI research has been a thing since 1960s. Back in 2000 when AI was only used to play chess with world champions no one was discussing money. People were discussing the possibility of this technology.

AI industry being tied to incredible stock growth is a VERY recent thing. I am very sure that engineers working in this field 60 years ago wasn't thinking about money that much back then. They were merely thinking what's possible technology wise until capitalists found a way to make money with it many years after.

It's not necessary a bad things anyways. Money from captalists has always been what pushes technology forward. Who cares if people makes money? We get better technology in return and that's all that matters.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-05 05:50:44  
Ow dang

Afania is back.

Radialarcana was already feeling down lately, and for a reason
By RadialArcana 2024-08-05 06:13:08  
I'm talking about the current iteration of AI, what we call AI now is a buzzword that has moved away from the original ideas and research that wasn't profitable. There is nobody on earth that can tell you how consciousness even works in humans, they have no idea why all animals work on mostly instinct but humans evolved brains to have consciousness (ontop of instinctive behavior). Nobody even understands it, so if you can't understand it how can you even begin to replicate it.

AI was going nowhere and wasn't profitable, then some guy that wanted all the money decided to play a fast one and now we have "AI 2024", it is very profitable and is a bastardization of what AI was supposed to be. Because it's a lie.

It's not AI at all, it's not even trying to be AI and that is why Open AI and all these other companies will never breakthrough into proper AI. It's designed to fool you into thinking it's something its not, all the people working on this are working on making it a better illusion to fool you into thinking it's a real thing and not making a proper AI technology.

AI 2024 is like a parrot, a parrot can replicate words in a manner the human finds enjoyable, and he gets a cracker if he does it. The parrot does not understand anything it's saying though, and it never will no matter how many crackers or how much training you give it. It will just get better at mimicry.

The guy that runs Open AI is a shyster / salesman, he is a liar and he is good at selling something to people who have limited understanding of what he is selling them. He is using all the tricks in the book to make people think this parrot is skynet, when all he is doing is putting a t800 mask on the parrot and going boo, spooky! be afraid of this artificial monster I have created!

All these companies know this is not AI, but it's caught on and it making so much money from investment that everyone is doing it too.
By Afania 2024-08-05 06:39:11  
AI was going nowhere and wasn't profitable,

Whether a technology is profitable or not depends on how business owners use it. Why does it matter to you? If a business decided to use a new technology and lose money, why do you care? It's not like it is your money...

Just because a new technology isn't profitable, doesn't mean it shouldn't be developed. If you can't make money from a technology, don't use it. Why stop technology from advancing only because it is not profitable?

Your rant makes no sense....

All these companies know this is not AI, but it's caught on and it making so much money from investment that everyone is doing it too.

Who cares about people making money, seriously.....
By Afania 2024-08-05 06:43:44  
Ow dang

Afania is back.

Radialarcana was already feeling down lately, and for a reason

I was here all the time, lol. Watching Olympics 24/7 can't cure my FFXIAH addiction....
First Page 2 3 ... 22666 22667 22668 ... 22701 22702 22703