Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22386 22387 22388 ... 22568 22569 22570
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-29 20:01:15  
Ya know. Surprised I haven't heard anything yet about REm4ke.

Specifically in OG after you start the castle it's 100% sausage fest. In the remake, there's female robed zombies. Nobody seems to be screeching about it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-29 20:09:03  
Apparently you can customize the president's daughter quite a lot.
By Draylo 2023-03-29 21:33:43  
I really enjoy it so far, quite impressed. I find it funny they finally figured out Mexico isnt the same thing as Spain. The original didnt have spanish accents or sayings and they managed to fix that completely.
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-03-29 21:45:53  
I cleared it today, first playthrough 27 hours got a B. Looking forward to more runs. Its a great game. Worth the money. They are adding Mercenaries for free on April 7th
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-03-30 01:14:48  
So, I have had some horrible luck with Mars Orbs. I don't think I've ever had a good drop from them. So, I decided months ago to start slowly working my seven mules (same account) up to level 99 so that I can have more Trove opportunities each month.

I just barely hit 99 with my first mule and immediately took him into Trove. Lo and behold, one of the chests spawned as a rainbow. I grabbed just that one and decided not to press my luck any further.

Loud thud, Malignance Tabard. Life is weird sometimes.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-30 01:28:28  
Most of times
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-30 08:05:14  
Out of curiosity, I decided to see what an AI would do if I gave it my FFXI character as a starting point. After a few attempts, this was the best outcome; certainly the closest to Mithra, though the nose and a few other features are still off.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-30 08:09:10  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So, I have had some horrible luck with Mars Orbs.
My last ~5 Mars Orbs have resulted in literally the very first chest being the Mimic. The odds of that happening are about 1-in-100,000. At this rate I'm convinced I'm cursed...
[+]
By Wordspoken 2023-03-30 11:03:47  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
My last ~5 Mars Orbs have resulted in literally the very first chest being the Mimic. The odds of that happening are about 1-in-100,000. At this rate I'm convinced I'm cursed...
Similar thing happened to me, convinced me that doing orbs is a waste of time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-03-30 12:48:34  

I've had this discussion various times in the past so I won't elaborate too much, but I've recorded enough anomalies in this game that suggest that some "random" events are not truly random.

Whether or not this applies to first chest mimics is unknown. Given how data-centric the FFXI community can be I'm surprised that we don't have accurate probabilities for some of the most popular content, but maybe someone has a bunch of Trove data out there that I haven't seen.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-30 13:50:56  

I've had this discussion various times in the past so I won't elaborate too much, but I've recorded enough anomalies in this game that suggest that some "random" events are not truly random.

Whether or not this applies to first chest mimics is unknown. Given how data-centric the FFXI community can be I'm surprised that we don't have accurate probabilities for some of the most popular content, but maybe someone has a bunch of Trove data out there that I haven't seen.

I've never really trusted probability/testing completely. Between Murphy's Law and just FFXI... I feel the same. There are definitely some, "random" things in FFXI that just aren't actually random.

I too, have fallen prey to first chest being the mimic, last time I did AMAN Trove, twice in a row.

Not just that, but the whole gambling aspect of AMAN Trove. I don't like it. I'd rather just fight something, and know that I could win or lose based on real gameplay. (And I know you CAN fight the Mimic, but you need actual, well geared players and like several forms of Reraise application and it's a mess).
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2023-03-30 14:42:41  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Not just that, but the whole gambling aspect of AMAN Trove. I don't like it. I'd rather just fight something, and know that I could win or lose based on real gameplay. (And I know you CAN fight the Mimic, but you need actual, well geared players and like several forms of Reraise application and it's a mess).
I don't like the gambling aspect, either. I also hate watching my characters drop dead, so the punishment for bad luck sucks even more than if the game simply gave you a "womp-womp" and booted you out.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-03-30 14:48:10  
Trove is responsible for more Omen bodies and Wyrm God loot than their actual content puts out. The problem lies there.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2023-03-30 15:30:46  
There's also ye olde thing about mules getting better stuff. I reactivated my RL buddy's character after only using him randomly during free login thing. 2 Omen bodies in 5 orbs, both being rainbow chest on entry.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-30 15:54:47  
Was watching a video about the final episode of the pokemon anime and they mentioned pokemon being 26 years old

Is my coffin ready?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-30 16:11:30  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Was watching a video about the final episode of the pokemon anime and they mentioned pokemon being 26 years old

Is my coffin ready?
Turns 27 this year :)

[+]
By Dodik 2023-03-30 16:14:14  
pokemon being 26 years old

Is my coffin ready?

Care to guess how old the Transformers franchise is?
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-03-30 16:23:25  
The other day I remembered about The Reboot.

Ow, man thats sure was super old
By Pantafernando 2023-03-30 16:24:23  
I loved Transformers the second season. But I do remember this shitty series ended in a cliffhanger and I never got to see what ws the ending
By Pantafernando 2023-03-30 16:24:56  
Like Black Kamen Rider RX. Ow man, that was awesome, but also ended in a cliffhanger.
By Viciouss 2023-03-30 18:29:31  
As I sit here going over the final check before I send my book to the publisher, I realize I don't like ellipsis. I need to stop using them as a writer. Every editor has a different opinion on how to use them correctly.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-03-30 18:33:26  
Necessary when they're necessary. If there's a pause, there's ellipsis. There's no way around it.

When's da book come out.
By Viciouss 2023-03-30 19:27:35  
publishing date is April 15th.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-30 19:42:09  

Is my coffin ready?
Dodik said: »
Have some perspective.

Look kids, I can remember when television was young, New York city had FIVE WHOLE CHANNELS!!! and all in living black and white.

I can remember the birth of rock and roll. WBAI out of Boston on the AM skip. Oh, right, I remember AM radio too....

I turn 79 in April, just 3 days before I loose a kidney due to migrating bladder cancer.

It is perfectly acceptable for you to feel old for any reason at all. But you aren't really old. **** I ain't REALLY old but I hope to live long enough to get there.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-30 19:46:04  
Viciouss said: »
As I sit here going over the final check before I send my book to the publisher, I realize I don't like ellipsis. I need to stop using them as a writer. Every editor has a different opinion on how to use them correctly.
Crossing my fingers for you.

As to ellipsis I feel there is little use for them in fiction and less in non fiction. IMHO there really is no literary use for them at all.

Doesn't mean I don't use them on the web ...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-03-30 19:47:43  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
just 3 days before I loose a kidney due to migrating bladder cancer.

sorry to hear about this
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2023-03-30 19:48:07  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Is my coffin ready?
Dodik said: »
Have some perspective.

Look kids, I can remember when television was young, New York city had FIVE WHOLE CHANNELS!!! and all in living black and white.

I can remember the birth of rock and roll. WBAI out of Boston on the AM skip. Oh, right, I remember AM radio too....

I turn 79 in April, just 3 days before I loose a kidney due to migrating bladder cancer.

It is perfectly acceptable for you to feel old for any reason at all. But you aren't really old. **** I ain't REALLY old but I hope to live long enough to get there.

Chanti, you get up and you kick that cancer's ***. Too many AH people getting cancer!
STAHP!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-03-30 20:20:43  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Chanti, you get up and you kick that cancer's ***. Too many AH people getting cancer!
STAHP!
I have been dealing with this for ... 7? 8? years. Was cancer free for over 2 years.

Honestly worried more about the kidney loss than the cancer. Save for all the Dr visits and occasional no incision operation it really hasn't affected me at all. Bladder cancer is just so isolated from the rest of the body.

I did get this sci-fi treatment with genetically engineered bacteria to train my immune system to fight the cancer. I credit it it with the over 2 years mentioned above. I will get a second course after the operation.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22386 22387 22388 ... 22568 22569 22570