Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22366 22367 22368 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Draylo 2023-02-09 04:35:26  
https://www.youtube.com/live/mUL52QXPneE?feature=share
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-09 07:39:08  
YouTube Video Placeholder

...damn rough day in Mallorca for Sir Ben and the rest of INEOS UK...."Full Turtle" is when a sailboat not only capsizes, but goes so far over that the mast is now pointing to the bottom of the ocean. And with no true keel, trying to get one of these foiling monohulls back around is a really ***process.

Much respect for the Brits in getting out to open water sailing earlier than many of the other teams, as that's the conditions that will be seen in Barcelona for The Cup...and I think we'll be seeing this vision a lot during that time- the conditions of open Mediterranean sailing off the coast of Spain can be really rough.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-02-09 09:09:31  
Me checking Britney Spears nudes, and remembering when she started as the innocent girl, together with Cristina Aguillera and others.

Well, if those photos are recent, she seems fine. I sincerely hope she is fine after only hearing bad news about her for like a decade already
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-09 09:21:30  
Draylo said: »
they rose all rents last year literally 1k+, something never seen before and I'm almost positive they gonna do it again at the end of this year.
I recently read an article about how big landlords are warehousing empty apartments to give the appearance of scarcity and drive prices up.

I will see if I can find it later.

When I was a teen aged beatnik NYC was a real 24 hour city. When I visited in the late 80s there were like 5 places open all night north of chinatown.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
サーバ: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-02-09 09:39:07  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's why there's such a hard pushback on work from home. The economy MUST have slaves in the cities or it will collapse. If they aren't chained to a desk from 8-6 then they don't have to go to storage at midnight.

I've worked remotely most of my career (full time now, partly before) for various companies and there has always been a negative perspective on working from home even among tech companies (with a few exceptions). The attitudes you see now towards it are just reversions back to pre-COVID philosophies and they aren't necessarily wrong about some of it.

Prior to COVID, I'd heard the same excuses why people wouldn't be allowed to work remotely: "We need a company culture", "We don't feel like most people are productive at home", "people need to be in the office", "we don't want to be a remote company", "people collaborate better", and my personal (sarcastic) favorite: "If I let xyz do it, I have to let others do it".

It's always been viewed negatively especially by older generations, people who view working from home as not really working or people slacking off. IMO it's the difference in being productive vs present. I interviewed at a company years ago and I have adopted their hiring philosophy ever since: if I can't trust you to work from home, I can't trust you to work in the office. I've had plenty of coworkers/employees over the years who were inept and did nothing despite being forced in the office every day. The problem is that at a high level (VP, Cxx), they don't always see this and assume being in the office equates to productivity, but it doesn't for everyone. It also sometimes comes down to having an empty office, they don't like showing up to no one being there.

Despite all of this, at least in my industry, there are more chances to work remotely than there were before COVID. I think the push you see now is from large companies forcing thousands of employees back very publicly is partially fake, since they've been transitioning that way for over a year now, and partially because of previous reasons I mentioned.

Unfortunately some of the trending back to the office the last year or so signals to me that the message they received was that wfh was less productive, rather than it works really well for some people compared to others and people should have the option if it works for them. Regardless, getting people into town has nothing to do with it, this is the same view that was held prior to COVID and some managers see the great experiment during COVID as reinforcing previously held beliefs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-09 09:47:59  
Oh! Almost forgot there was new South Park last night!

Happy morning south park watching makes the day better.
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-02-09 11:31:25  
We need more blm’s in the game come on guys they are meta now for sortie #blmjobmatter
By Pantafernando 2023-02-09 12:03:05  
Thunderjet said: »
We need more blm’s in the game come on guys they are meta now for sortie #blmjobmatter

Make sure to sub WHM so you can at least help with cures and -nas
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-09 14:49:59  
At my last leather shop I lived in one half and worked in the other half.

IDK if it counts as WFH but it was a REALLY short commute.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-09 16:06:57  
Holy Hell, they really made Rex handsome as hell in Xenoblade 3.

*Grabby hands*
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2023-02-09 16:07:02  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
At my last leather shop I lived in one half and worked in the other half.

IDK if it counts as WFH but it was a REALLY short commute.

I lived above an instrument repair shop I worked in for 2yrs. did have to technically exit/re-enter the building, but gotta love that commute esp on late gaming nights^^
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-02-09 17:15:56  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

*Grabby hands*

Ow damn…

Im playing it right now…
By Pantafernando 2023-02-09 17:20:32  
I like to explore but unfortunelly i kinda capped my heroes, so i need to rush in the story to unlock more. Also, unlock the limit break
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-02-09 18:05:32  
Advanced premiere screening in LA tonight for Star Trek Picard season 3. Waiting one more week for the actual release is gonna be torture. @_@
I'm not even gonna try to avoid spoilers; just inject that ***right into my veins. (y'A')y
Also seems like some press release may have already leaked one of the big twists of the season with the identity of one of the new chars lmao.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-09 18:41:13  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

*Grabby hands*

he's taken

THRICE

[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-09 19:17:13  
Finally got around to setting up my Delve NM display, wasn't easy but glad they fit there.

original pic better pose but I couldn't get them like this lol.

Also apparently they made trading cards of them, thats weird
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-02-09 19:30:33  
Draylo said: »
Finally got around to setting up my Delve NM display, wasn't easy but glad they fit there.

original pic better pose but I couldn't get them like this lol.

Also apparently they made trading cards of them, thats weird
Were they all commissioned from the same source? The quality on some of them is far better than others. The cat's mold really throws me off, their legs look incapable of supporting their body weight. The shark looks really good, as does the T-Rex. Bee's paintjob looks highly detailed but their mold is huge. Bird looks super thin. Tree just looks derpy. Maybe they are just not all properly scaled and that is what is throwing me for a loop.
By Draylo 2023-02-09 19:51:23  
They all from the same artist. All were referenced directly from model viewer. Not sure what that means, "their mold is huge." I think they are pretty accurate, I pretty much studied their models and if something was off I tried to have them adjust it.

The tree was one of the first ones we started with and initially was made to stand on its own so they had to adjust the branches, but later we decided to just do them as they are and use a stand. The lion can stand on its own but to fit it in there I had to put it on the stand awkwardly. The bird is pretty thin in game:

By macsdf1 2023-02-09 20:09:15  
Look interesting. I should try making some with my 3dprinter too haha.

The paint job on those look kinda shitty tho, cept for the shark.

Bee's legs look too big too, is there profile view of his silhouette?
By Draylo 2023-02-09 20:48:35  
lol, "shitty"? Give me a break, for an independent artist its actually incredible. I collect all kinds of figures including tons of resin figures, hot toys, literally all kinds and the paint they do is just A+. If you mean its not 100% accurate to the game, its probably because they don't play the game and are only going off images and video. While its not 100% accurate, its really good and nowhere near shitty, but lets see your 3D prints because I'm curious on your experience lol. The feathers are really detailed, the magma lines on the T-rex are incredible. The way they did the stripes/coat/scales of the bee/lion/shark are just so good.

The bee's legs are fine, they aren't too big. I am probably the biggest XI fan you'll ever meet so I literally study the pic I'm sent and the model viewer and try to get them to change anything that I think is not accurate. A couple of times they have had to redo the entire figure but I try to avoid that at all costs to not waste their time.

It will never be 100% because
1. they don't play the game
2. its not the official company doing them its an independent artist.

I don't mind critiques of the figures because thats natural given we are all XI players/fans but just saying its ***seems offensive really.

Actual bee model viewer image:

Also, the tree to me looks decent but I did want a more earthy color to match the in-game. I'd probably redo it at some point since he was one of the first ones

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-10 09:32:47  
Love those figures. Do you got one of he Shadowlord in his Nocturnus armor?
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-10 10:53:04  
Not yet but I like that look a lot lol. Trying the ark angels next
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2023-02-10 11:12:48  
Honestly that bee is terrifying. Really cool though
By Pantafernando 2023-02-10 12:57:13  
Ibelieve it was the last of the three to be beaten back then
By Draylo 2023-02-10 13:09:49  
I really love the designs they did for those monsters. I just wish they made the battlefields match their element but they either got lazy or budget reasons.
By macsdf1 2023-02-10 13:52:30  
Yeah, the bee's butt needs to be way bigger.
Paint just looks really muddy is all, like a really cheap chinese paint job on a cheap plastic toy.
Should have used transparent resin for the wings.
How much does something like that cost you anyways.

For the size of that sculpture, the details are quite lacking imho. It's like a 1" figure that got scaled up bigger, with no refinement.
The hands don't even have individual fingers, the feet are just one smooth clump instead of having physical segments, with some lines painted on them. It's all smooth and blobby under the head too instead of having some textured details of the in-game model.
By Draylo 2023-02-10 17:05:53  
lol you really edited a few hours later to continue with your horrible opinion. Literally everything you said is wrong but feel free to share your work.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-10 18:45:53  
Yoko Taro's New Game Turns Sega Classics Into Women Waifus
The upcoming Android and iOS game asks what might happen if Sega took over the world
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-10 18:52:41  
Cmon Taro. Female Sonic or no balls
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2023-02-10 20:48:32  
Digimon Con later today. I sure hope there's a Ghost Game sequel announcement or it's likely gonna have a rushed ending since it's losing it's timeslot in April. :x
Also a VB cup to go with it. Pretty sure it's the first with a reward other than just consumables. I'll take part to get the basic background for competing, but with no fully evolved 'mons yet, I'm gonna get my ***rocked. ;w;
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22366 22367 22368 ... 22573 22574 22575