Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22365 22366 22367 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Pantafernando 2023-02-07 05:30:23  
Thunderjet said: »
Wow

Wrong forum.

Get out
[+]
By Viciouss 2023-02-07 10:25:02  
I guess not all of Austin got power back, some people are entering day seven with no electricity. The city has said they estimate that all power will be restored by Feb. 12. Five days from now. People are outraged, the sun is out, conditions are clear, what's the problem this time?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-07 10:41:02  
Moving at the speed of bureaucracy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-07 11:00:35  
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

I was mildly curious where this meme came from. What a rabbit hole.

TLDR, a developer for Gshade (closed source off shoot of ReShade developed specifically for FFXIV) inserted malicious code into their program to restart a user's computer if they were updating Gshade without using the standard updater. Apparently a 16yo kid bypassed the updater and the developer got their knickers in a knot about it and programmed in that kill switch as a response. The developer also blamed that kid and the end users for 'opening that payload' instead of taking responsibility.

Needlessly to say there is now a mass exodus of players leaving the Gshade ship.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-07 14:15:28  
Viciouss said: »
I guess not all of Austin got power back, some people are entering day seven with no electricity. The city has said they estimate that all power will be restored by Feb. 12. Five days from now. People are outraged, the sun is out, conditions are clear, what's the problem this time?
Did downed lines blow out any transformers? Is there like copper spaghetti in the streets? Either can slow things down a bunch.

Windstorms in the pacific NE regularly take out power lines with downed branches and even though they are used to it some areas see 5 days to recover.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-07 14:40:27  
Odin.Stayfresh said: »
I had no idea what that meme was about. But I opted for the other choice of not looking. :p

This is probably the most intelligent decision :3
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-07 15:53:19  
My new Statue and he's a big boy

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-07 17:08:51  
Draylo said: »
You have space for a model that big in a New York city apartment?

/impressed
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-02-07 17:18:00  
Man the ***surrounding Hogwarts Legacy on Twitch rn is outrageous.

YouTube Video Placeholder

They've even made a website to track people who have streamed the game so they can paint easier targets.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-07 17:22:00  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You have space for a model that big in a New York city apartment?

/impressed

lol well I try to contain it to the one room, so I make use of stands and wall space.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-02-07 18:16:03  
Got these today too, the mug is tiny... like who drinks beer in a mug that tiny? Same issue with their coffee mugs.

The shirt was actually too big which is surprising, I thought a L would be more like an M here but apparently not. Hope it shrinks in the wash a little because they are out of stock on M lol. The design is really nice tho

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-07 19:39:59  
I found out why a rocket to take that balloon down!

You can punch a lot of .50 or 20mm holes in a big helium balloon and the gas slowly leaks out. Slowly.

1000 Rounds Fired, Why Canada Could Not Shoot Down This ‘Research Balloon’ Using Best Of Fighter Jets 25 Years Ago?
Buried deep in this somewhere despite the title making you think it would be in the first few paragraphs.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-07 19:41:08  
Tonight's one of the nights I regret not just putzing around a while longer looking for jobs outside of hospitality.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-07 19:43:01  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Tonight's one of the nights I regret not just putzing around a while longer looking for jobs outside of hospitality.
If you work night shift there will be shifts you can do that.

And days you can interview.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2023-02-07 19:45:38  
Got these today too, the mug is tiny... like who drinks beer in a mug that tiny? Same issue with their coffee mugs.

The shirt was actually too big which is surprising, I thought a L would be more like an M here but apparently not. Hope it shrinks in the wash a little because they are out of stock on M lol. The design is really nice tho

Drinking out of the mug as I type. Yeah it's *** small, somewhere less than a pint's worth of volume. Drinking tall boys out of this is awkward, I had to refill it three times. It's also super thin so I am scared as *** to just break the damn thing. But like you said, it's small just like the coffee mug and we should have expected nothing more.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2023-02-07 19:55:12  

*Gives digital hugs to the Vyre*
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2023-02-07 20:06:30  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
If you work night shift there will be shifts you can do that.

And days you can interview.
I'm on swings and mornings for now. Unlikely to be on nights ever.
By Draylo 2023-02-07 22:30:19  
Apparently I got early access to hogwats, didn't know it but thats nice
By Thunderjet 2023-02-08 04:30:29  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2023-02-08 21:26:34  
Full spy balloon timeline from first detection.

Sorry but this stuff hits several geek spots for me.
By Draylo 2023-02-08 22:20:56  
Storage unit raises prices after pandemic, then one of their perks of 24/7 access is taken away and put under a 30 dollar/month option. Now they close at 10pm.

Chase bank closing all ATMs after 5pm...

Tons of stores that were 24/7 are now closing at 9pm.

Its such a joy being in a far left city where they take everything away from hard working people and bend over for criminals. So annoying yet none of these places are lowering prices to compensate, in fact the opposite. I feel bad for people that work days and can only do things evenings, you are p much screwed in a city that "doesn't sleep"
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-08 22:25:44  
It's all about money. Trying to claw out every dollar they can.

Everyones getting the *** out since they can do work from home and the whole "city" ecosystem is collapsing. There won't be anyone left but soul less cashless husks.

That's why there's such a hard pushback on work from home. The economy MUST have slaves in the cities or it will collapse. If they aren't chained to a desk from 8-6 then they don't have to go to storage at midnight.
By Draylo 2023-02-08 22:33:46  
Its not about being able to work from home, its CRIME. They are literally so soft on crime its become a joke. There was a guy who went thru Manhattan, Harlem, Queens, and then ended in Brooklyn and each place he robbed a handful of people until he crashed a car in Brooklyn. As the cops were taking him away he said "dont worry i'll be out by tomorrow on bail." It was all over the news.

They are deeming it not worth the cost to keep places 24/7 anymore without imposing a cost on the customer... All because of crime and soft handed policies helping criminals. The storage unit floored me, I went there to put crap inside and it was locked. I had to call to have them tell me its not 24/7 anymore, and after I hung up a homeless guy strolled out and I was able to get in.

I just wish they were harsher on crime and got rid of all these homeless ppl. Its just honestly insane, they rose all rents last year literally 1k+, something never seen before and I'm almost positive they gonna do it again at the end of this year. All to live in a place where criminals have free reign and barely any consequences (tons of stores have actually shut down, not just removed 24/7 access, due to crime.) People need to stop being so soft, these aren't homeless that are hard on their luck, they are all MENTAL and drugged out of their damn minds, I see them everyday.

There is a huge drug problem going on right now too, even a lot of young ppl are swept up in it. The city just needs to be more strict and harsh across the board. Its almost like some dystopian future, the slumlords constantly raising prices of units while the peasants and failing middle class have to eat ***each day and struggle some more. More and more foreigners moving into the city and buying property as investments and pushing everyone else out. Really sad honestly. The people in charge and the news are all helping too, calling these people "vagrants" instead of HOMELESS drugged crazies. Too PC and scared to upset anyone...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-08 22:38:00  
It's not like a dystopia, it's always been the dystopia

Welcome to Megacity One
By Draylo 2023-02-08 23:17:45  
We need a batman...
By Pantafernando 2023-02-09 00:51:43  
Im the dogman
By Pantafernando 2023-02-09 00:58:19  
Well, matter of fact, if anything, the fact that more people is becoming aware of the changes our society that are being shoved while idiots were busy fighting over politics, over pandemics or over whatever fabricated, futile and pointless hate is a bliss.

The first step to salvation is to recognize your actual problem.

But I dont really see any solution aside the great reset. But I dont feel this situation is bad enough to justify the reset in like a decade or so.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 22365 22366 22367 ... 22553 22554 22555