Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22320 22321 22322 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-12-02 23:42:25  
[+]
By Rips 2022-12-03 00:10:07  
I really want to play the new Pokemon. However, it plays like ***and for once in my life I want to be that person that shows a company that I will not stand for something so mediocre through the voice of my wallet. Something so many of us refuse to do with FFXI.

...but I'm just one man. Will my voice really matter?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-03 00:13:46  
Rips said: »

It is the ultimate riddle.

Your singular voice does not matter. At all. However. You have to believe that it does.

See, when too many people believe their singular voice doesn't matter then they truly don't matter. If I want to throw trash on the ground, my one singular piece of trash makes absolutely no difference, but collectively, if everyone did it, it would matter.

You voice simultaneously doesn't matter at all, and matters more than anything at the same time. An incredibly difficult concept for some people.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-12-03 00:35:18  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Rips said: »

It is the ultimate riddle.

Your singular voice does not matter. At all. However. You have to believe that it does.

See, when too many people believe their singular voice doesn't matter then they truly don't matter. If I want to throw trash on the ground, my one singular piece of trash makes absolutely no difference, but collectively, if everyone did it, it would matter.

You voice simultaneously doesn't matter at all, and matters more than anything at the same time. An incredibly difficult concept for some people.

Bingo. Yes, its correct that one voice matters- its only when the sentiment of "one voice doesn't matter" becomes the majority view that its ramifications are seen, but then its too late.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-12-03 01:30:37  
I think kinda hillarious when a character uses a rocket launcher on you, making you fall dozens of meter, and you only survive because plot armor.

Then, the next scene, that same character points a gun at your head, argue something then...

"ok, lets cooperate".

Character joins the party.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-03 10:23:41  
Pantafernando said: »
I think kinda hillarious when a character uses a rocket launcher on you, making you fall dozens of meter, and you only survive because plot armor.

Then, the next scene, that same character points a gun at your head, argue something then...

"ok, lets cooperate".

Character joins the party.
Or how in every RPG, right after the party just beat two dozen guards there's a cutscene where three guards surround them and they put their hands up like "oh no there's no way I could fight my way out of this!"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-03 12:14:35  
I get the most giggles when ya boy has a weapon bigger than the screen or various guns and bombs etc but a simple door lock is legit impossible to circumvent.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-12-03 12:26:54  
My favorite in the FF MMOs is when your max-level dragoons can't traverse past tiny ledges.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-03 13:38:18  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
My favorite in the FF MMOs is when your max-level dragoons can't traverse past tiny ledges.
Yeah lol

The only time I've ever seen that even brought into consideration was with the Lancer job from Final Fantasy Tactics, wherein they had a movement trait that allowed them to move up or down any height difference.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2022-12-03 13:39:24  
Ah, damn it.
YouTube Video Placeholder

I wanted a digital version of the Digimon card game. (y'A')y
By Pantafernando 2022-12-03 13:57:00  
Did you ever feel so sleepy that it almost hurts?
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-12-03 14:33:28  
It just means take a nap. Don't fight it, naps are the best.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2022-12-03 15:24:26  
By Pantafernando 2022-12-03 15:25:13  
Random funny news, the next day after inaugurating a maximum-security prison that costed 20 millions, one prisioner managed a prison break...
By Pantafernando 2022-12-03 17:06:33  
I must admit... Im having way less trouble coding in java than I had with python, lua or, obviously, C.

I think OO is finally sinking in my head.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-03 17:11:00  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
My favorite is when there's a final boss that showcases their power to you just a few missions/quests/story beats before the actual fight with them.

Sometimes it's a "supposed to lose fight" other times it's a scripted loss.

Then, just an hour or so later playtime wise, the main character or player character beats them without actually learning in new combat skills. Like the plot literally just flicked the switch, "Ok, you're better than the bad guy now." - "But I was already maximum level?" - "Shhh. Shhhh! You're better than them NOW."
By Draylo 2022-12-03 22:25:37  
Leon Kasai said: »
Ah, damn it.

need a remake lol

[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-03 22:53:45  
Asura.Vyre said: »
My favorite is when there's a final boss that showcases their power to you just a few missions/quests/story beats before the actual fight with them.

Sometimes it's a "supposed to lose fight" other times it's a scripted loss.

Then, just an hour or so later playtime wise, the main character or player character beats them without actually learning in new combat skills. Like the plot literally just flicked the switch, "Ok, you're better than the bad guy now." - "But I was already maximum level?" - "Shhh. Shhhh! You're better than them NOW."
It kinda drives me nuts when you beat a boss or something, but then they suddenly turn around and win anyway.

I bought Street Fighter V (don't judge me) and played through its story mode. There's a point where you play as M. Bison against Charlie Nash and at that point the game was starting to get kinda tough. I lost my first attempt, but in the funniest way possible: the killing blow was Nash snapping Bison's neck. The music stopped and Bison just fell lifeless to the floor. I was like "Oh cool. The story can end now. Bad guy lost" lol

But of course it just restarted the fight and forced me to win.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-12-04 01:03:57  
That happens so many times in Xenoblade 2.

Though, to be fair, its not only the villains who have the plot comeback. Likewise, many times its the villain that have the upperhand, the game make it like massively overpower, but then its the hero that make his plot comeback due to any cringe power: power of love, power of friendship, power of promise, power of rage, power of determination, hidden power, etc.
By Pantafernando 2022-12-04 01:11:20  
Ow, damn… lately ive also been considering excessively cringy any sort of lecturing pre/during/post fight. Either from hero to villain, or from villain to hero.

Every time either party starts criticizing moral, goals, attitudes, etc from the other side, in my head i always think like if i was the one being lectured, i would just say:

“Talk is cheap. You came here to kill me, i came here to kill you. The truth only belong to the winners There is nothing more to it. Lets just get down to the business.”
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-12-04 11:37:05  

Promo vid from AC37 for the 5 teams and their training bases for the 37th America's Cup. Some great water time shown for Alinghi and American Magic...not so clean for Prada/Pirelli except for stock footage from 2020^^. As for INEOS, just sled test footage ;)

And then of course the Defenders looking smooth as ***- as always.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2022-12-04 12:00:29  
Draylo said: »
Ah, damn it.

need a remake lol

Only if leave that awful dub music in the trash where it belongs.

Also, I thought that was the game with FuhrerAgumon, but it turns out that's a different game called Digimon World: Digital Card Battle that never made it out of Japan, while this was originally called Digimon World: Digital Card Arena. Why change the name for no reason? So pointless. @_@;
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-12-04 13:13:41  
I was seriously debating between playing and watching Breath of Fire V.

It seemed quite fun enough so i decided to give a try.

It was a good game, but after 4h gameplay, im steping out, not because its not fun, but because knowing there is a “better” way to play this game have been putting unnecessary stress on me, hesitating to fully play or wait some aspect for the best moment.

This game is focused on replaying, but that is something im not willing to do. Given so many games to play, its just one run and thats it. Im not willing to keep replaying only for the better or best play.

So, watching it now.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-12-04 17:56:11  
I wonder what goes through the mind of someone who says that the only reason anyone plays FFXI is for the nostalgia, and if a person didn't play it 15+ years ago there's no way they could possibly like it today.

Like, does that person just have this weird assumption that the thousands of players, including those who rarely or ever take breaks, are all super delusional? What about any totally new players? Do they just not exist at all, or are they delusional as well?

I hang out with the Thumpers once every three (or so) months, and I always walk away with burning questions.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-04 18:00:41  
Can't imagine anyone playing for any reason other than nostalgia. Not XI itself but the 2000 vibe/look.

Or of course the masochism thing, which is also some part nostalgic.

You're never going to convince someone to want to play XI over forknife or *** and dooky, lol, or even Raid, unless they're in need of that misery simulator that a 20 year old mmo provides.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-12-04 18:33:29  
My friend Vox torched Beaucedine, Xarc, and the Dreamlands for me today.

Then I went back and killed some floaty swords. Got this puppy at last. Hehe.

Man, the screenshot really french fried the resolution. Oh well. Excalibur GET!
[+]
By Draylo 2022-12-04 18:54:20  
Ah, damn it.

need a remake lol

Only if leave that awful dub music in the trash where it belongs.

Also, I thought that was the game with FuhrerAgumon, but it turns out that's a different game called Digimon World: Digital Card Battle that never made it out of Japan, while this was originally called Digimon World: Digital Card Arena. Why change the name for no reason? So pointless. @_@;

About as dumb as the majority of the jp names. The worst thing about Digimon community is the horrible split between dub fans and weebos. I personally love the dub and despise anything jp VA related. They have some of the worst voice actors and have like three voices total. Chipmunk voice, screechy hentai girl voice and sexualized succubus voice.
By Draylo 2022-12-04 18:56:28  
Can't imagine anyone playing for any reason other than nostalgia. Not XI itself but the 2000 vibe/look.

You're never going to convince someone to want to play XI over forknife or *** and dooky, lol, or even Raid, unless they're in need of that misery simulator that a 20 year old mmo provides.

Don't you always post those speed run things? There are tons of people who are into retro gaming. So many people underestimate the amount of adults who grew up on gaming and still consume gaming media. They are a huge part of the sales, not just derpy kids or gen z.
By Draylo 2022-12-04 18:58:34  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
I wonder what goes through the mind of someone who says that the only reason anyone plays FFXI is for the nostalgia, and if a person didn't play it 15+ years ago there's no way they could possibly like it today.

Like, does that person just have this weird assumption that the thousands of players, including those who rarely or ever take breaks, are all super delusional? What about any totally new players? Do they just not exist at all, or are they delusional as well?

I hang out with the Thumpers once every three (or so) months, and I always walk away with burning questions.

The majority of people who know about XI or talk about it are older players/ex players. That's mainly because SE barely ever advertised the game even during its prime. Compared to XIV that gets banners in times sq and commercials with celebrities. Most ex players are completely jaded and can't fathom someone could play XI simply because they have fun like a game is suppose to be.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-04 19:01:17  

Don't you always post those speed run things? There are tons of people who are into retro gaming. So many people underestimate the amount of adults who grew up on gaming and still consume gaming media. They are a huge part of the sales, not just derpy kids or gen z.

lol you ever pay attention to a speedrunner? That is literally misery simulator.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 22320 22321 22322 ... 22553 22554 22555