Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22262 22263 22264 ... 22625 22626 22627
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-24 13:39:11  
It's not baffling at all if you stop and look at it.

The country runs on desperation. EVERYTHING you do is because well.... you'll starve to death if you don't. Everything is designed to make you ever increasingly desperate. Just on the edge (hopefully not enough to make you kill yourself, and free yourself of all those burdens placed upon you)

If they don't keep bumping the needle, you'll get complacent and stop feeling desperate and stop participating.

I mean, these mother *** LITERALLY MEASURE your misery with the misery index. IT'S ON PURPOSE!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-24 13:41:20  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

The country runs on desperation. EVERYTHING you do is because well.... you'll starve to death if you don't. Everything is designed to make you ever increasingly desperate. Just on the edge (hopefully not enough to make you kill yourself, and free yourself of all those burdens placed upon you)

Its bigger than that to me. We have completely destroyed any dignity in those who opt to enter the workforce directly, or trade schools. In a very real sense there is a massive pressure that everyone should have at least a 4 year degree these days...and the truth is not everyone needs that.

I have 2 bachelor's degrees and a master's degree...and I've made a better income and life with the training I received in a 1 year apprenticeship/trade school than my 3 degrees ever did.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-08-24 13:41:52  
It's even crazier when you hear like
"I've paid back $35,000 of my student loan!"
"How much was your loan?"
"33 cents, but at least now I'm down to only owing $46,000"
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-24 13:46:10  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Its bigger than that to me. We have completely destroyed any dignity in those who opt to enter the workforce directly, or trade schools. In a very real sense there is a massive pressure that everyone should have at least a 4 year degree these days...and the truth is not everyone needs that.

I have 2 bachelor's degrees and a master's degree...and I've made a better income and life with the training I received in a 1 year apprenticeship/trade school than my 3 degrees ever did.

I've never used any knowledge from my degrees a single day in my life.

I've always felt that if you never managed to land a job in your degrees field, you should get a mulligan.

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
It's even crazier when you hear like
"I've paid back $35,000 of my student loan!"
"How much was your loan?"
"33 cents, but at least now I'm down to only owing $46,000"

This. Right *** here. I can understand (but disagree with) the cost constantly rising. But the interest is despicable. There are some things that should not be solely motivated by profit. (BLASPHEMOUS!) (Housing, Education, Health, WATER, Transportation)
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-24 13:54:03  
1. Student Loans should have been different from day one in more ways than just "we give them to children with zero credit history"- they should have been interest-free as well.

2. A mulligan if you can't land a job in the field of your degree sounds nice, but its horrific if you think about it. The ONLY way that could be feasible is by limiting degree programs drastically. No way every Flute Performance Major in the country right now will pay their bills with their flute skills-less than 2% will if the numbers hold true (general number among performance majors when I was in school). I think a better way is....

we gotta stop telling kids to "do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life"....because its true. You won't work, more than those who do. Its not that your employment then magically becomes this happy place of fun, quite the opposite. Every minor deviation from absolute perfection is hell because you're too emotionally involved. I really wish I had left music performance as a hobby- and a very well funded one with a degree that translated better to employment and success.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-24 13:59:14  
Well, I don't particularly think there should be degrees in "the arts" lol.

I don't think anyone should spend tens of (hundreds of) thousands of dollars in music or art or acting et all. Those courses are just stealing your money.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be arts, there just shouldn't be multi thousand dollar degrees in them.

(Honestly, the only "degree" I really agree with at all is medicine.... and law because our law system is so *** up you NEED those 10 years to understand all the ***) And those should be much more exclusionary....
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-24 14:05:31  
Well, I don't particularly think there should be degrees in "the arts" lol.

I don't think anyone should spend tens of (hundreds of) thousands of dollars in music or art or acting et all. Those courses are just stealing your money.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be arts, there just shouldn't be multi thousand dollar degrees in them.

(Honestly, the only "degree" I really agree with at all is medicine.... and law because our law system is so *** up you NEED those 10 years to understand all the ***) And those should be much more exclusionary....

I agree. I think there should be arts programs at universities- the luxury of having 4 years of real time to solely focus on practicing is where the real growth comes. I just think that degrees in music education, technology, and therapy are legitimate career options but performance isn't for the insanely large number of students paying for it. In my mind, the only students studying performance should be those who upon auditioning for the conservatory are offered a full scholarship- and if I'm 100% honest, I think it should always be a required 5 year program that is "Music Education with a focus on Performance" or the like- pair it with something that they can get a job with later.

Why the *** can you get a Violin Performance degree at Southern Utah University? I mean if you can't get into one of about 5 programs in the nation, there is almost zero chance of you getting a job after. That's the real issue- having a Performance Program for a School of Music is a very big recruiting tool and something they can easily showcase....there just are too damn many.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-08-24 18:48:28  
YouTube Video Placeholder

just jump to around 15:30 hehe
By Josiahafk 2022-08-25 01:28:40  
For Schultz, lol.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-25 06:36:12  
Its sad how slow my personal project move when i need to conciliate with work. Ideally one could just throw everything away to fully dedicate in those projects, but i have no courage or confidence my patrimony is enough to cover my living expenses till this project succeed (or just fail).
By Pantafernando 2022-08-25 06:37:48  
Josiahafk said: »

Downward spiral is quite a frightning word(s)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-25 16:19:26  
lol how the absolute *** is sony going to RAISE the price on PS5

I swear I don't know what universe I exist in anymore cause everything is assbackwards.

Has that ever happened before? Not a better version or bundle, but a straight price raise?
By Viciouss 2022-08-25 16:25:44  
Fortunately it's not in the US but it does seem odd to raise the price of something you can't provide ample supply of.
By Pantafernando 2022-08-25 16:37:07  
Its just me that when you see in cap lock the thread of "POST YOU SORTIE..." yiu read: "post your selfie"?
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-08-25 16:38:55  
Viciouss said: »
it does seem odd to raise the price of something you can't provide ample supply of.
In the simplest economics sense, "low supply, high demand" would support a price increase.

The current bottleneck is production. Normally a price increase only affects demand, so it would make sense if they tried to find the sweet spot where demand was exactly equal to the production bottleneck.
By Viciouss 2022-08-25 16:47:01  
The video game industry has never truly operated in an economically sound sense. Games should have increased in price over a decade ago, and yet they remained flat at 59.99 for two console generations. Prices of consoles have always remained reasonable, save the outrageous PS3 prices when it first launched. Sony sold that console at a loss just to keep the fanbase happy.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-25 17:01:06  
Video games generally go with the loss leader strat, where they underprice and over produce consoles to move games and online subscriptions.

Which is why raising the price on the console is alarming by every measure.

They want the system in as many hands as possible. (In theory) You have to have the console as the gateway to purchase games.
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-08-25 17:04:12  
LOL CONSOLE GAMERS

x)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-25 19:31:04  
I liked it.

By Draylo 2022-08-26 18:49:22  
Lol Resident Evil series canceled by Netflix.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-26 18:51:32  
Draylo said: »

It is pretty trash, so not really a surprise. It's fine as a nameless zombie series, but absolute dogshit under the umbrella of Resident Evil. They really *** that one up.

The only tie to RE at all is the Wesker name. (and lickers, I guess) If they just drop the wesker ***and go ahead with season 2 but rebranded, i'd watch it no problem.
By Draylo 2022-08-26 18:54:54  
By Draylo 2022-08-26 18:55:37  
Remember that from the games! The comments are entertaining at least
By Viciouss 2022-08-26 19:26:28  
Draylo said: »

Deserved. It was worse than live action Cowboy Bebop and I really didn't think that was possible.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-08-26 19:44:19  
It would be ok if it was named anything else... it was somewhat entertaining, but def not as anything RE related lol.

This is more interesting, just missing Jill

Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-27 06:45:02  
There's a JP live action FMA movie

Fullmetal Alchemist the Revenge of Scar (2022)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-27 06:48:13  
I actually pressed the play….
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-08-27 06:54:34  
(that's why I used that picture)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-27 08:05:27  
(that's why I used that picture)

[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-08-27 11:31:34  
Its saturday and I should study... but today im feeling like doing nothing.

Gonna be watching YouTube videos, playing Xenoblade 2 that I bought this week without feeling any remorse.

Tomorrow gonna be back to my usual routine, but only if i feel like..
First Page 2 3 ... 22262 22263 22264 ... 22625 22626 22627