Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21909 21910 21911 ... 22564 22565 22566
By RadialArcana 2021-07-24 16:18:02  
Jeff Bezos gave 100m to Van Jones and some chef, Jones is already paid over a million dollars a year for being a news anchor.

He did this for no reason other than to celebrate going to space and...for some reason, to be nice to them?

He could of given 500k to 200 people and it would of actually changed their lives, or 1m to 100 people...or a done something useful and not just made a rich man richer.

I think he did it just to divert the news story away from people being mad he went to space for fun I guess, can't think of any other reason.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-24 16:24:11  
Constantly move the target. Do whatever it takes to keep people from beheading him for pissing away a billion on a glorified plane ride.

Now he won't be the guy who wants to build slave labor camps on the moon, he'll be the guy who gave 100m away for no reason. (bribe)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-24 17:44:47  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bezos can go to space but his workers can't go to the bathroom.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-24 18:58:06  
Tornado warning. lol. Siren too.

While I've been told they can happen here, that would be a first. (to see)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-07-24 22:42:15  
Freehugs said: »
Flamingos aren't born pink, they get their pink-red colors from eating brine shrimp and algae.
hmm, makes me question the diet of most streamers.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 03:10:16  
The most your food color can change is the poop colors.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-25 07:04:43  
We've heard of how Twitter is a shitstorm of 1% of the internet making a scene and getting upset for attention over common things they find offensive and want canceled.

I personally had a Twitter for all of under a few hours because I signed up and then realized I had nothing important to say. I'm not a celebrity nor a company. I have some interesting thoughts from time to time, but just write them down in a notepad irl. I don't feel the need to share in however-many-characters-or-less on a random-*** internet site.

All of the Twitter crap I see is not because I follow someone or browse the site. It's all consumed and disseminated through the internet via other people/sites. Basically, I've seen a lot of screencaptures of Twitter posts. Some people go so far as to call these "memes", but they are literally what I just called them. Screencaps of Twitter posts.

Well, I finally saw one that crossed the line for me.

I don't even have the screencap because it wasn't worth saving and this was like two days ago, but I remember it and it stuck out in my head. It said something along the lines of how someone should feel bad for using the word "lame" to describe something because it's insensitive to handicapped people as lame is a term used to describe someone crippled.

Hold up. Wait a minute.

The only time that I have ever heard the word "lame" being used to describe something as crippled is a horse. A horse going lame. That is a phrase I have heard before. Never have I heard something like "Oh, little Tiny Tim went lame so he has to use a crutch".

Horses. That is the only context I have EVER heard it used other than the obvious:

Twitter is really lame.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-07-25 07:08:59  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
We've heard of how Twitter is a shitstorm of 1% of the internet making a scene and getting upset for attention over common things they find offensive and want canceled.

I personally had a Twitter for all of under a few hours because I signed up and then realized I had nothing important to say. I'm not a celebrity nor a company. I have some interesting thoughts from time to time, but just write them down in a notepad irl. I don't feel the need to share in however-many-characters-or-less on a random-*** internet site.

All of the Twitter crap I see is not because I follow someone or browse the site. It's all consumed and disseminated through the internet via other people/sites. Basically, I've seen a lot of screencaptures of Twitter posts. Some people go so far as to call these "memes", but they are literally what I just called them. Screencaps of Twitter posts.

I don't even have the screencap because it wasn't worth saving and this was like two days ago, but I remember it and it stuck out in my head. It said something along the lines of how someone should feel bad for using the word "lame" to describe something because it's insensitive to handicapped people as lame is a term used to describe someone crippled.

Hold up. Wait a minute.

The only time that I have ever heard the word "lame" being used to describe something as crippled is a horse. A horse going lame. That is a phrase I have heard before. Never have I heard something like "Oh, little Tiny Tim went lame so he has to use a crutch".

Horses. That is the only context I have EVER heard it used other than the obvious:

Twitter is really lame.

Maybe they should just quit using the word "lame" to refer to handicapped people in the first place, that in and of itself is offensive. A word by itself isn't offensive, it's the context in which it is used. Anyways i agree.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 07:59:27  

Hold up. Wait a minute.

Twitter is really lame.

People gets offended by anything they want to. Its conscious. And most of time, strategically too.

Its not what you say, but who youre in the bellicose context.

Someone dont like you, then every time you breath, you gonna get him offended. Sad but true.

Thats why we can see some sort of "tolerance" when someone "allied" commit "mistakes" or "offending words", "acts".

But just need some "enemy" to say/do something that can remotelly be interpreted as an offense, then the order is to destroy.

I wont say the context, but here a educational department even went as far as to make a "guide" how people should use or not some words, that can be considered offensive to someone. As if everyone in a category would be supposed to behave like some stereotype manufactured by some media, to feel like they want to feel, etc...

You can call it some type of conspiracy theory but its pretty much like censorship, where every day, more and more words, thoughts, behaviours are considered offensive and you gonna be punished for it, not just publically, even in courts.

The reason is clear. Because anyone whos behind the scenes dont actually want respect from the other party. What he wants is submission. Simple like that.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-25 08:42:48  
Pesky thought-crime.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-07-25 09:03:09  
Having a twitter account is one of the most stupid things you can do to yourself, for so many reasons. There isn't even really any value in it to warrant its use. You can "talk to the world" but you're afraid to say anything outside of the accepted opinions of the blue check mark brigade anyway so what value is it really? whatever you have to say someone else can say just fine, you're too afraid to actually speak your mind freely so you're bringing nothing to the "conversation" anyway.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 09:09:49  
A Link to the Past finished.

Took about two weeks, probably nearly 100% things done, spent like 80 lives in Zelda 1, another 80 in Zelda 2 then the lives spent dropped to 15. Such QoL.

Now debating if I should move on to Links Awakening or installing DS emulator to play A Link between Worlds

Yeah, maybe gonna wait on Awakening till I buy a Switch so I can play the new version instead. Awakening was my very first Zelda game. I somehow managed to buy a floppy disk (!!!) that had it in some random newsstand back in 90`s. Im not even sure if that floppy disk was a licensed product, most likely it was a piracy. Still, the entire game was there, and the joy of playing such nostalgia. I still remember some details of it. How much I struggled because of many game concepts were new to me at that time.

Looking back, it was a long way indeed.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-07-25 10:08:36  
Used some mod features that I never even thought to use before today. :o Thanks Eiryl.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-25 10:10:27  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Used some mod features that I never even thought to use before today. :o Thanks Eiryl.

Fun! Thanks.

(Oh! what did he do /popcorn) You'll have to guess, I guess.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-25 10:23:32  
Fun story about Goodwill.

A girlfriend of mine worked at a warehouse as a sorter for them. It was her and 5 other women that were Hispanic, all of which spoke Spanish only to each other. The funny thing is that they would talk ***on her. Little did they know (and she never told them) that she spoke college level Spanish (or perhaps was even able to teach Spanish at a college level; I forget).

She was a little white manic pixie dream girl so they didn't really expect her to speak Spanish. Anyway, she knew exactly what they said about her while she was standing right there every shift. They would always talk ***on how skinny she was (which is funny as skinny is really a healthy thing when compared to some of the land-monsters she worked with).

Anyhoo, to your point about people selling the things they find at Goodwill online now, it's totally a thing. With the ability to price check things on your phone while out... thrift shops, garage sales, and flea markets now are tough places to come by good deals that you could find back in the days before everyone was packing cell phones with web-browser capabilities.

PS: sorry about your dog.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-25 10:42:44  
Double-posting, but who keeps track in a 21,910 page thread? This just happened to me on a mule. It just kept going and going. Good lord. This is exactly how it should go EVERY TIME when you select the "do multiple interactions" option or whatever. Multiple doesn't mean do 2 and ask again. FFS. I hate Mog Garden mainly because of this reason.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 10:50:45  
Switch bought.

I dont mind spending cash but I admitelly felt bad burning all that amount at once.

And games are very expensive nowaday but as Ive been consistently playing daily, I guess its a good investment. And in the end, gonna give it to my sister anyway.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-07-25 11:35:39  
Freehugs said: »

AaaaAaaaaAHHH to you too, good sir.
But I will eat your garden.
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-07-25 11:37:23  
Double-posting, but who keeps track in a 21,910 page thread? This just happened to me on a mule. It just kept going and going. Good lord. This is exactly how it should go EVERY TIME when you select the "do multiple interactions" option or whatever. Multiple doesn't mean do 2 and ask again. FFS. I hate Mog Garden mainly because of this reason.

There's a thing you can buy from the moogle that makes it not switch between trees and bushes. There's one for mining too.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-07-25 12:06:14  
I can't remember if I've ever told this story or not on here:

Years ago, my friend was telling our group a story about when they used the word "gay" to mean something bad in the presence of an actually gay friend of theirs. The friend said "That's not gay, that's lame. I'm gay."
After I heard that story, the same day the same person referred to something bad as "lame". And me, as a person with a disability, jokingly saiid "That's not lame, that's gay. I'm lame."

It was fun times xD
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-25 12:22:52  
Sylph.Ticktick said: »

There's a thing you can buy from the moogle that makes it not switch between trees and bushes. There's one for mining too.

I guess either its something just recently introduced or something Ive been missing for ages.

That would be a very high QoL for all my dozen mules that could help some fast gardening.
First Page 2 3 ... 21909 21910 21911 ... 22564 22565 22566