Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21841 21842 21843 ... 22567 22568 22569
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-15 04:27:17  
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-04-15 06:10:52  
You know, it is super easy to criticize cops while on your *** in front of a computer or on your *** on the toilet, but until you actually are in that situation where you have literally a fraction of a second to determine if that object that looks like a weapon for that fraction of a second really is a weapon out to kill you, you have no right to demean anyone if they act out at the object is a weapon out to kill them is or isn’t out to kill them.

If you flinch at a speeding car that, at the corner of your eye looks like it is literally a second away from hitting you, then I am going to call you an overreactionist coward for the rest of your life when it passes by you and you go jumping into the bushes fearing for your life.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-15 07:03:20  
i was just posting a meme, but if you get in to the actual numbers of cops killed per year in traffic stops numbers it's like 46. so the whole "this is a dangerous and scary thing" doesn't really sway me. i get that it might be scary, but it's like a .0005% chance of danger and if the cop is so scurry they can't handle that then maybe they shouldn't be cops. personally, i don't want no pussy boi qops.

this meme was about a cop who admitted literally on video AT THAT MOMENT that they *** up and who resigned from the police force ADMITTING they *** up, being criticized for messing up a taser and their pistol. if you can't try to laugh at it, you're the problem. don't give me this "from your monitor" *** when the video and the persons own reply is that they *** up.

*edit* deleted my own bits calling you out for your various pathetic actions that have you banned from certain threads and your bans from the overall forums.

*double edit* earlier today someone linked me a gif of a chick getting mentos stuffed in her *** followed by a 2 liter of coke, and your post is still the most bursting full of ***thing i've seen in a good long while.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-15 07:14:56  
New laptop turned out to be a big win. Hit the silicon lottery on both chips and wow is the overall design of this thing incredible. Genuinely impressed with Dell's engineers.

It is twice again as thin as my Area 51m.maybe an 1 + 1/8" at the thickest point (the back spaceship venty part). The vapor chamber paired with liquid metal is proving more effective than expected too. Thermals are more or less desktop level. 50-75C on the cpu, 40-65C gpu.

Almost 13k on TimeSpy with some tweaking more headroom in there but I'll get to it after I'm done getting gutted like a fish on Monday.https://www.3dmark.com/spy/19714466

Thoroughly impressed and very happy with it.

Some pics.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-15 07:16:32  
i told someone recently that once my 1080ti goes out i'm just gonna hook a laptop monitor/keyboard. looks good. i like the greyish/white ascetic.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-15 07:20:38  
Yeah decided on white over black this time just cause I heard that they improved on it. When I got my 51m it was a major issue wherein the white finish would discolor and warp badly in the palm areas. They've improved on the alloy and added a coating to prevent that now so I'm not worried about it too much.

The keyboard by the way is pretty incredible. I've never used s true mechanical keyboard in a laptop before and when I'm not able to use my 915TKL I don't think I'm gonna be too sad cause it's actually a joy to type on.

Not sure I recommend Alienware still if for no other reason than Frank Azor leaving a legacy of *** behind but its hard to argue against how great the machines are after you get through the rogamarole of getting enough discounts from sales to make it closer to other laptop prices.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-15 07:25:16  
i've always done msi except for the time i risked a razer laptop. the keyboard looked/felt amazing, but it burnt out quickly and their support was a pain in the as on it.
By Foxfire 2021-04-15 07:25:57  
acab, etc

the numbers might be low comparatively but they're still baffling

on the note of the grey with light blue accents, i was eyeing the asus tuf laptop that has teal lighting - it's pretty as hell but the performance is so, so subpar.

Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-04-15 07:27:38  
i would prefer a darker blue outline than the more greenish teal outline.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-15 07:27:51  
Any white laptop with an rgb board can achieve a similar aesthetic anyway. If you want something decent that is very portable the Zephyrus G15 is great and comes in white.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-15 07:37:57  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You know, it is super easy to criticize cops while on your *** in front of a computer or on your *** on the toilet, but until you actually are in that situation where you have literally a fraction of a second to determine if that object that looks like a weapon for that fraction of a second really is a weapon out to kill you, you have no right to demean anyone if they act out at the object is a weapon out to kill them is or isn’t out to kill them.

If you flinch at a speeding car that, at the corner of your eye looks like it is literally a second away from hitting you, then I am going to call you an overreactionist coward for the rest of your life when it passes by you and you go jumping into the bushes fearing for your life.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this- my issue isn't with specific cops, its with our entire nation's approach to law enforcement. We give people with limited education and career options the power of life and death, when in reality police officers are nothing more than trained dogs following orders. "go fetch this" "keep this building safe" There is no reason whatsoever that beat cops just out and about need live firearms vs nonlethal means of restraint.

What is it about law enforcement that makes so many simply believe every word that comes out of their mouth without question? What honestly have they done that makes you trust a cop more than a business owner, a teacher, a doctor, a priest? Bad apples in all those other careers make it perfectly acceptable to call all doctors quacks, all priests pedophiles, all business owners sleazy, and all teachers inept. Yet percentage wise, those "examples" pale in comparison to bad cops...and in the VAST majority of situations only one has the ability to deal out life and death simply by their own feelings. "I felt threatened" "I felt intimidated".....THEY'RE THE PROFESSIONAL. WHY THE BLUE *** DO THEY GET TO FEEL THREATENED AND SCARED BUT NOT THE PERSON ON THE OTHER END OF THEIR BARREL?
By Foxfire 2021-04-15 07:38:24  
sure, but the g15 is on the higher end - the dash was a more lowspec laptop for "light" gaming that didn't look too gamer-y. that was the only thing that had me considering it at first glance, but then it's like intel only and the price was super high on top of it? hard no from me after that

i already have a good rig, so i don't need anything particularly expensive for on-the-go. if anything i like shows up at the right price i'll probably get it, basically.

the 915TKL is something that's also on my list but i'm definitely not spending $220USD on it. even my duckies aren't that much - lightspeed is just way too much of a premium tacked on
 Asura.Ethic
user: ethic
By Asura.Ethic 2021-04-15 08:15:39  
I'm inclined to agree. I think the central question we need to be asking here is "Does feeling threatened constitute an acceptable reason for execution?"

I can't imagine that it does. The law enforcement-civilian complex itself needs to be reexamined and overhauled, perhaps. Law enforcement seems necessary to protect the social contract/fabric. That being said, it should then be treated as a necessity. What I mean is that we should require our officers to be willing to die for the job.

Who is going to be willing to do that work at that cost for that amount of money? Potentially no one. We need to treat law enforcement as seriously as its consequences have proven to be. Pay them more, but expect more from them as a result.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-15 08:18:34  
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-04-15 08:32:40  
There are people who wants to live in society.

There are other people that want to destroy/subjulge/corrupt the society.

You dont need to think too hard. You just need to understand whats better for yourself, and what you need for that.
 Asura.Ethic
By Asura.Ethic 2021-04-15 08:40:27  
Pantafernando said: »
There are people who wants to live in society.

There are other people that want to destroy/subjulge/corrupt the society.

You dont need to think too hard. You just need to understand whats better for yourself, and what you need for that.

I don't understand the line of logic from "wanting to live in a society" to "look out for yourself".

I'm afraid your take may be too reductive to be useful.
By RadialArcana 2021-04-15 09:34:56  
The post I made a few days ago annoyed people, sadly enough I didn't even think it was political when I made it but obviously "anita sarkessian" etc is political so I apologized and outside of these posts I don't plan to post in this part of the forum anymore. Since I obviously can't judge where the line is these days.

I apologized more because this part of the forum is supposed to be free of this kind of antagonistic and divisive stuff, it was out of respect for the regulars that post here about fun stuff. When you make this an awful environment from either direction, you're ruining it for them. When you're arguing with someone who disagrees with you, you're not dunking on them you're just making it an awful environment for everyone else that posts here every day.

Posting memes about how bad you think cops are and having arguments about it is no better than what i did. Move to the next page, and talk about computers and cats and be happy with that.
[+]
 Asura.Ethic
By Asura.Ethic 2021-04-15 09:38:19  
is there an "anything goes" section on this forum?

i really didn't realize that law enforcement was a political subject.

i also didn't realize that i was being antagonistic, was honestly just trying to engage in the discussion that was already happening when i popped in here

regardless, no big, let's keep it simple:

who here's been to college?
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-04-15 09:39:15  
You know, it is super easy to criticize cops while on your *** in front of a computer or on your *** on the toilet...
Its WAY easier to criticize cops after a traffic stop.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-04-15 09:40:14  
Foxfire said: »
sure, but the g15 is on the higher end - the dash was a more lowspec laptop for "light" gaming that didn't look too gamer-y. that was the only thing that had me considering it at first glance, but then it's like intel only and the price was super high on top of it? hard no from me after that

i already have a good rig, so i don't need anything particularly expensive for on-the-go. if anything i like shows up at the right price i'll probably get it, basically.

the 915TKL is something that's also on my list but i'm definitely not spending $220USD on it. even my duckies aren't that much - lightspeed is just way too much of a premium tacked on

Yeah I got the keyboard with Dell reward credit, otherwise I wouldnt have bought it lol. It's nice and all but it isn't functionally better than a $60 wireless mechanical on amazon
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-15 09:40:17  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
You know, it is super easy to criticize cops while on your *** in front of a computer or on your *** on the toilet...
Its WAY easier to criticize cops after a traffic stop.

not for everyone.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-04-15 09:40:17  
Asura.Ethic said: »
No.

/notsureifserious.jpg
 Asura.Ethic
By Asura.Ethic 2021-04-15 09:42:49  
feel like we should get away from the topic, but yeah I'm serious.

i understand that people feel that it's political, with it having been politicized and all, but I sincerely do not understand the thematic connection between the activity of law enforcement and one's political opinions

regardless, i read you loud and clear, i'll stop questioning around the subject
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-15 09:43:35  
Gotta be honest, I was raised in a part of the country at a time when we were told certain topics weren't "polite conversation"- usually religion and politics. So it rarely got discussed in a fair, honest way, and most people grew up living in a bubble of already existing ideas and the echo chamber of agreement.

Now, I see us surrounded by a world where the ability to discuss openly and honestly difficult subjects is almost completely gone because its considered impolite. And all I keep thinking is if we merely had just learned how to disagree with others and yet still respect them as humans early on, maybe we COULD discuss some of these harder topics before they become so toxic that nothing ever gets accomplished.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-04-15 09:44:24  
We used to have a politics and religion section but it got locked because too much politics.

Quote:
It doesn't have to be but it usually is.

Quote:
i also didn't realize that i was being antagonistic, was honestly just trying to engage in the discussion that was already happening when i popped in here
The actual problem with the P&R section was that most any post antagonized someone.

Quote:

/wave
 Asura.Ethic
By Asura.Ethic 2021-04-15 09:45:01  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Gotta be honest, I was raised in a part of the country at a time when we were told certain topics weren't "polite conversation"- usually religion and politics. So it rarely got discussed in a fair, honest way, and most people grew up living in a bubble of already existing ideas and the echo chamber of agreement.

Now, I see us surrounded by a world where the ability to discuss openly and honestly difficult subjects is almost completely gone because its considered impolite. And all I keep thinking is if we merely had just learned how to disagree with others and yet still respect them as humans early on, maybe we COULD discuss some of these harder topics before they become so toxic that nothing ever gets accomplished.

it's too late for that, man.

that's what they killed Socrates for, now that I think about it. Maybe we haven't changed much in a millennium.
[+]
 Asura.Ethic
By Asura.Ethic 2021-04-15 09:46:22  
Quote:

Quote:
/wave

nice, whats your discipline
By Foxfire 2021-04-15 09:53:44  
like i'm not actively "looking" to be political or wtv, but let's not pretend subjects brought up aren't political then get defensive about being called out for certain particularly regressive views.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Yeah I got the keyboard with Dell reward credit, otherwise I wouldnt have bought it lol. It's nice and all but it isn't functionally better than a $60 wireless mechanical on amazon
yea, it's sleek and low profile which i'd love for on-the-go and whenever traveling becomes a thing again but that's not a luxury i'm willing to drop that much on. if it goes on sale for like $100 i'll definitely bite tho
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-04-15 09:56:46  
Structural engineering :D
First Page 2 3 ... 21841 21842 21843 ... 22567 22568 22569