Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21784 21785 21786 ... 22574 22575 22576

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2021-02-20 13:52:34  
LOUIS VUITTON X SUPREME | BOITE SKATEBOARD TRUNK, WITH DECK AND TRUCKS

Louis Vuitton skateboard ....

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2021-02-20 16:32:11  
I have pile of stuffs to study.

But im taking my saturday off just to read manga in bed.

Still this mix of tiredness and guilt isnt letting to fully relax.

Tomorrow gonna resume my readings though. I hope
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-20 17:26:36  

we in
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2021-02-21 03:45:51  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
We're talking about the same story where a single archer fells a dragon in the prequel by shooting it with a magical black arrow. You really think the corrupted Numenoreans and other ilk that serve Sauron have no similar arrows? I mean, as far as I know, they're not noted to, because this sort of argument never played into the original narrative. I wouldn't put it past them, though.

A single archer felled a very low-flying dragon (who just so happened to have a bare spot right over his friggin' heart) after many attempts with an arrow that had no specifically stated magical properties (in the book). That's more a violation of probability than it is a violation of physics. No arrows are reaching the Eagles, period.

That being said, I'm open to other machinations of Sauron being able to stop the Eagles, but that was never the point I was making. It was simply to do with archers.
Fine, ignore that the current greatest eagle was almost killed with a poison arrow.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-02-21 03:57:12  
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-02-21 03:59:38  
Lolol Josi
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-02-21 06:32:12  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-02-21 11:27:15  
We're talking about the same story where a single archer fells a dragon in the prequel by shooting it with a magical black arrow. You really think the corrupted Numenoreans and other ilk that serve Sauron have no similar arrows? I mean, as far as I know, they're not noted to, because this sort of argument never played into the original narrative. I wouldn't put it past them, though.

A single archer felled a very low-flying dragon (who just so happened to have a bare spot right over his friggin' heart) after many attempts with an arrow that had no specifically stated magical properties (in the book). That's more a violation of probability than it is a violation of physics. No arrows are reaching the Eagles, period.

That being said, I'm open to other machinations of Sauron being able to stop the Eagles, but that was never the point I was making. It was simply to do with archers.
Fine, ignore that the current greatest eagle was almost killed with a poison arrow.

Under what circumstances? We're never told exactly. Dude could have just been chillin' or flying at very low altitude. The eagles would have to be pretty stupid to fly within archer range in Mordor.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-21 13:23:15  
I'm at almost $20/day worth of bitcoin now via mining. Still dumping it all into ETH to add to my collection. Ima be a rich *** in like 5yrs.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-21 13:27:31  
At least that 3090 paying for itself. Or did you build a rig specifically.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-21 13:32:00  
Nope just using the 3090 since I can only rarely sit at the desk atm. The PC will have itself paid for within a couple more months then it's all (sadly taxable) profit.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2021-02-21 18:07:31  
first day i could get out. wanted to go through the car wash, but it was packed. went by the grocery store for some cat food/litter...

now i'm staring at a bag of black jelly beans and resisting the urge to eat the entire thing in 5 minutes.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-21 21:22:42  

(Last guy has been writing TES since Morrowind)
((Nevermind he isnt writing for TES anymore but he wrote Morrowind and Oblivion))
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-02-21 23:38:31  
I'm looking at buying computers since my laptop is going, and I haven't upgraded my desktop(which is actually collecting dust in the basement) since 2009.

Debating on spending big big big to try to get something I can use for well... a long time again.

I'm not really knowledgeable about tech, so it kind of feels like upgrading a Gear in Xenogears.

Do I want more output or higher fuel capacity D:
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-02-21 23:46:13  

Under what circumstances? We're never told exactly. Dude could have just been chillin' or flying at very low altitude. The eagles would have to be pretty stupid to fly within archer range in Mordor.
It's unknown, but likely while fighting Goblins among the Misty Mountains.

Anywho, as I said already, they have to land, so they have to get in bow range. The proximity of Barad-dur to Mount Doom means there will be Sauron loyals of some sort getting to that mountain swiftly, and the aforementioned alterations to the plot mean that Saruman would be in the know as well. Meaning he'd be doing magic to help bring down the Eagles, whether directly or by making it so that his archer's bow range is eyesight to eagle.

It's a long way from Rivendell to Mordor, after all, so they've got some prep time. Get those bows extra thicc.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-22 01:22:09  
I'm looking at buying computers since my laptop is going, and I haven't upgraded my desktop(which is actually collecting dust in the basement) since 2009.

Debating on spending big big big to try to get something I can use for well... a long time again.

I'm not really knowledgeable about tech, so it kind of feels like upgrading a Gear in Xenogears.

yes its worth it
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2021-02-22 02:53:21  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

yes its worth it
I've got an Omen 30L with 3080 and i9 10850k coming, as well as a laptop(lower specs on laptop).

This the most money I've spent since I went to Japan.

Kinda skimped on monitor, only went with a 27 inch LG 1440p. I don't have the space for a giant monitor(and am already spending an arm and a leg).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-22 09:19:19  

(Last guy has been writing TES since Morrowind)
((Nevermind he isnt writing for TES anymore but he wrote Morrowind and Oblivion))
Gotta commend this quality meme.

Real talk, though: I recently had an epiphany that I really gravitate towards fiction with well-established lore. There have been so many popular stories out there with all manner of great things that I absolutely hated just because I'd subconsciously notice how they'd make stuff up on the spot. My brain doesn't care about good characters, good stories, or themes dripping in atmosphere. My brain wants to know that the reason Windurst is so sprawled-out is because it used to be a lot of small colonies before merging into one city; my brain wants to know the hierarchy of the Bastokan military.

I can't read or watch Harry Potter because I immediately start thinking about stuff like the level of consciousness in the photos or why Dumbledore needs a wand to cast the same spell that his janitor can cast with an inattentive flick of his finger. And I've made many enemies by stating that I found "A Quiet Place" (2018, Krasinski) completely unwatchable. (Sorry in advance, I know a lot of people love it)
By Viciouss 2021-02-22 09:33:34  
Yeah, Harry Potter hasn't aged well, and the spinoff movies haven't helped. I think LOTR will always be King. Looking forward to the Amazon series.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-02-22 11:10:46  
I love it when games have options like that :)
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2021-02-22 11:52:48  

yes its worth it
I've got an Omen 30L with 3080 and i9 10850k coming, as well as a laptop(lower specs on laptop).

Kinda skimped on monitor, only went with a 27 inch LG 1440p. I don't have the space for a giant monitor(and am already spending an arm and a leg).
I would recommend 2 40’ 4K monitors just so you can full screen something amazing while splitting up the other’s screen space, but only if you are big into multitasking.

Plus then if you want to couch Comfy PC games later on to share with friends/family, you can still see everything clearly
By Thunderjet 2021-02-22 11:57:54  
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-02-22 12:04:17  

yes its worth it

27in 1440p is fine. Only thing is ever suggest somebody goes for besides that is an ultrawide which are currently cost and space prohibitive
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2021-02-22 12:33:58  

It's unknown, but likely while fighting Goblins among the Misty Mountains.

Anywho, as I said already, they have to land, so they have to get in bow range. The proximity of Barad-dur to Mount Doom means there will be Sauron loyals of some sort getting to that mountain swiftly, and the aforementioned alterations to the plot mean that Saruman would be in the know as well. Meaning he'd be doing magic to help bring down the Eagles, whether directly or by making it so that his archer's bow range is eyesight to eagle.

It's a long way from Rivendell to Mordor, after all, so they've got some prep time. Get those bows extra thicc.

We've got different base assumptions, then. Yours involves Saruman being in the know while mine doesn't. I'm not sold on Saruman being able to single-handedly thwart the plan with magic (he'd have to be in the right place at the right time and his full range of magical abilities is vague, so claiming he could increase his archers bow range is a stretch), but all he'd need is a palantír to tell Sauron to fortify the mountain so the magic point is moot. Without Saruman's intervention, there is not nearly enough time from the time the Eagles hit Mordor for Sauron to figure out what's going on and send a force to intercept the hobbits. Like I said, archers are a poor argument when there are other explanations that fit the "Eagles couldn't have flown the hobbits to Mt. Doom" argument much, much better.
By Viciouss 2021-02-22 13:30:27  
My parents got their electric bill today, they didn't lose power as long as I did, but that didn't stop the electric company from cashing in. 200k bill.
First Page 2 3 ... 21784 21785 21786 ... 22574 22575 22576