Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 21370 21371 21372 ... 22593 22594 22595

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2018-10-07 20:02:43  
Mario Party is another hit for the Nintendo Switch. Its only getting 7s in reviews but its great fun with friends. Not all of the minigames are good and almost all of them are motion controls, but its a must have for Nintendo fans.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-07 20:57:48  
Candlejack said: »
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
17/01
Damn you Brits, learn the correct way to put a date to something.

You joking right? Us date format is one of the most illogical one and i think unique in the world. Going from day to year has sense. Going from year to day has sense. Going from month to year with day in the middle has 0 sense.
LRN 2 AMERI-THINK. It's quite simple. Read MONTH, DAY, YEAR. Such as 02/02/1983 being February second, nineteen eighty-three. You Brits write it out the same way in text, so it just makes sense. What doesn't make sense is our measurement of physical distance, I'll give you that one. We're the only goddamned country that uses inches, feet, yards, and miles.

This is an important piece of information. I always find myself confused. Is it the smallest 1st or the largest 1st? Why out something middle 1st? It makes no sense.

So I decided to go with Day-Month-Year. To keep up with the times, I use a combination of numbers and letters. Much to the disgruntlement of some Americans. 02-Feb-1982.

If they don't like it. Too bad. I will keep using it.

I have also decided to use everything in either feet or inches only and treat them like normal numbers. I just leave them figure out how much is 10.917 feet.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-08 01:49:25  
Freehugs said: »
Did Josiah delete his Legendia account? The Star Trek picture was deleted on the last page and his account doesn't have an avatar/forum history. :( /worried

Looks like it. All of the PMs I've ever had with him are gone too. Guess he used the new delete button.

Shine on you crazy diamond

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-08 03:54:16  
Josi :(
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-08 04:02:48  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
delete button
We finally really did it... You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ahhhh, damn you ffxiah!!! \(D:)/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-10-08 05:11:04  
not a bad idea honestly...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2018-10-08 06:30:59  
a few years ago back in like 2013ish when i was getting trolled hard in these forums i wanted to delete my account, but now i’m glad i didn’t
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-10-08 06:49:24  
that makes it worse tbh
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 07:26:33  
Morning!

AMERICAN DATES! Rawr!

Leon, enjoy the pack. I just got past the part in Delta story where lots of time on ground in battlezone, and the mouth parasites from Season 1 TNG. lol. NOW THAT WAS A NICE SURPRISE! Glad made it back into story.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 07:28:20  
Valefor.Endoq said: »
a few years ago back in like 2013ish when i was getting trolled hard in these forums i wanted to delete my account, but now i’m glad i didn’t
Glad you didn't Mr Turtle Sammy.

Welp, time to stalk Josi.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-08 08:00:24  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Guess he used the new delete button.
He was quite curious about it. /shrug

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2018-10-08 08:53:33  
I have Josiah's secret Poutine recipe.

It's 4 parts potato wedge fries

4 parts artery clogging gravy

18 parts cheese curds.

16 parts maple bacon strips

and 400% maple syrup.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2018-10-08 09:18:10  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Morning!

AMERICAN DATES! Rawr!

Leon, enjoy the pack. I just got past the part in Delta story where lots of time on ground in battlezone, and the mouth parasites from Season 1 TNG. lol. NOW THAT WAS A NICE SURPRISE! Glad made it back into story.
Delta Rising was such a slog to get through lol. All those patrols and battlezone quests being forced in the story was such a pain.
Bringing back those parasites was a good move though yeah.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 09:36:36  
Yeah, fun tho. Got to get some good action on BOFFs Away team stuff. Which, didn't they get rid of the Away Team daily thing? Like visit 5 planets, beam down, survey, Profit?

Also, just remembered I wanted to tell you something, and was reminded while I was waiting to drop off some tires for my car, read an article on British Carrier during WW2. The HMS Glorious. Was anything but.

Point is, so you know how I have my Fleet of Ships, almost all called Macross (Noun, place, verb)? Well I am running out of ideas, so I have taken to old British Ship names. You guys have a freaking knack for awesome ship names. So far I think I have poached Resolute and Indomitable. =)
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2018-10-08 11:07:46  
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007793-%22the-past-reborn%22
Quote:
The Past Reborn: Europa-Class Heavy Battlecruiser to Join the Fleet

Jayce’s Interstellar Editorial Staff

On Stardate 87751.8, Utopia Planitia Starfleet Yards will host the commissioning ceremony of the U.S.S. Europa. The Europa is the brainchild of Advanced Starship Design Bureau (ASDB) Vice Admiral S.J. Hemphill, who has long advocated for experimental tactics and technologies when considering Starfleet’s defensive doctrine. Considering the recent spate of conflicts that Starfleet has had to weather, even those skeptical of her more radical concepts have come to appreciate the need for Starfleet to approach these types of problems creatively.

The Europa’s primary mission is to be the vanguard capital ship for a division or flotilla. Its command and control systems are adequate for the sub-squadron level and can host a small flag officer staff, but analysts do not anticipate it to fill the flagship role too often. Its true purpose lies in its heavy weapons and over-engineered defensive systems, which are designed to distract and engage while allied ships harass the enemy until the threat is neutralized.

A key technology that makes this role possible is the new Structural Integrity Field (SIF) Linkage system. The SIF Linkage system uses peculiarities of the Europa’s power grid to provide an EM resonance between allied starships’ SIF generators, allowing overload transfer between linked ships. The Europa has been built from the keel-out with redundant SIF generators and hull framing, and doctrine calls for the Europa to actually intercept high-intensity energy directed at allied ships, effectively becoming a “sump” for weapons fire directed at other allied ships in combat.

In parallel with the SIF Linkage system, ASDB engineers have also added a variety of redundancies and design innovations to the ship’s damage control systems, which should facilitate fast repairs and expedited SIF field regeneration.

All of this became possible when Admiral Hemphill seized on a remarkable opportunity. ASDB Engineer Ensign Elyos of Delta discovered that the long-lost “Yard 39,” a Starfleet construction and repair depot abandoned in the late 23rd century, was no longer flooded with deadly baryon radiation. Elyos and his colleague, Lieutenant Whetu of Earth, organized a small team of engineers to evaluate the spaceframes left there, and discovered a treasure trove of Starfleet’s storied past.

Dozens of ships from the mid-23rd century were undergoing repair and refit when Yard 39 was hastily evacuated, and many of those ship classes fell out of favor in lieu of new construction. The chance to visit intact specimens of these ships, which include Shepard, Nimitz, Engle and more, has yielded a variety of discoveries relating to the unique power and warp systems of that era.

It was the EPS and GNDN layout of the Nimitz-class specifically which inspired ASDB engineers to create the SIF Linkage system, and gave form to Admiral Hemphill’s vision for a heavy battlecruiser. Due to this, she chose to name the first ship of the class U.S.S. Europa in honor of the Nimitz-class ship destroyed during the Battle of the Binary Stars in 2256.

The commissioning ceremony of the U.S.S. Europa is closed to the public, but proceedings will be streamed live via H-SPAN Channel 47.3 on UFP-wide subspace bands.

Thomas Marrone

Lead Ship and UI Artist

Star Trek Online

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Yeah, fun tho. Got to get some good action on BOFFs Away team stuff. Which, didn't they get rid of the Away Team daily thing? Like visit 5 planets, beam down, survey, Profit?

Also, just remembered I wanted to tell you something, and was reminded while I was waiting to drop off some tires for my car, read an article on British Carrier during WW2. The HMS Glorious. Was anything but.

Point is, so you know how I have my Fleet of Ships, almost all called Macross (Noun, place, verb)? Well I am running out of ideas, so I have taken to old British Ship names. You guys have a freaking knack for awesome ship names. So far I think I have poached Resolute and Indomitable. =)
I don't remember the daily thing, but they've been redoing a lot of stuff like that so I guess it was replaced by the Endeavour system.
Originally I didn't bother with a theme for ship names, but since my Agents of Yesterday character I've been going with locations from FF games. At first it was just FFIX, but I ran out of cities by the time I'd even finished leveling. :I

EDIT:
Europa stats are out too.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007803-the-stats-of-the-europa-class%21

Disco look comes with the Fleet variant. Fug. Gonna need to get to work on our Starbase Shipyards. @_@;
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 11:50:25  
Leon Kasai said: »
I don't remember the daily thing, but they've been redoing a lot of stuff like that so I guess it was replaced by the Endeavour system.
Originally I didn't bother with a theme for ship names, but since my Agents of Yesterday character I've been going with locations from FF games. At first it was just FFIX, but I ran out of cities by the time I'd even finished leveling. :I
That ship looks nice. Hope it'll be good enough for me to get. I would like a nice compact cruiser.

And yah, my Klinger gets no theme for Ship Names. What they give is what they get. My Rommie gets patriotic names. Freedom, Justice, so forth.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-10-08 11:53:30  
Reads notes: OOOOoH A CATTLE BRUISER!!!!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2018-10-08 12:25:41  
Woo! Jeffrey Combs is back as (a) Shran!
https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/1049343666555219968?s=20
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007813-%22the-will-to-fight%22

Quote:
"The Will to Fight"

“Captain’s Log, supplemental.”

Captain Thy’kir Shran lifted his finger from a button on the terminal in his ready room. He had come in here to record his thoughts as the U.S.S. Sebrova cruised at high warp toward their latest objective. These were momentous times, dangerous times, and he felt that they deserved to be chronicled.

But he wasn’t sure where to begin.

The peaceful exploratory mission Starfleet had offered him when he donned the uniform was no longer a priority. Across Starfleet, science vessels and starships built for exploration were being retrofitted for combat—the Sebrova included. All because of the Klingons’ attacks at the Battle of the Binary Stars. While he and the Sebrova weren’t present at the battle, he found it surreal to hear the news of the tragedy for two reasons: One, because of the Klingons’ sudden and unexpected savagery and two, because among the Federation’s losses was a ship named after his own great-grandfather, the legendary Andorian war hero Thy’lek Shran. He remembered touring the vessel not long after being named Captain of the Sebrova. He found it strangely gratifying touring the U.S.S. Shran, being treated with respect and honor based on his blood relation to a revered warrior he’d never met.

This was not the galaxy Thy’lek Shran left behind, Thy’kir mused. He placed his finger back on the terminal and took a breath, his antennae twitching atop his head, seemingly searching the room for inspiration.

“The Sebrova is making good time toward her objective. We’ve been asked to determine the status of U.S.S. Ticonderoga, last known to be operating in this sector of space. It’s not like Captain Durant to miss routine check-in reports to Starfleet Command. If the Ticonderoga has fallen to Klingon attack, we need to know, immediately.”

Shifting gears, he continued. “The crew is becoming war-weary, but they are fighting with vigor and honor, and this ship continues to shine in battle, with minimal scars to show for it.”

Thy’kir paused. A status update? Is that what this update’s about? He’d listened to a collection of Thy’lek Shran’s logs and speeches to the exalted crew of the Kumari. Thy’kir’s ancestor was not an orator, or really a man inclined to give orders, but he fought like a wild sehlat, and when thrust into leadership, he conquered that role like he conquered every other obstacle he faced. He survived war with Vulcan and Romulus, and he defeated his own prejudices to play a central role in the foundation of the Federation.

Generations later, Thy’kir Shran was a captain in service to the Federation his ancestor helped create. And yet, for all the advancement his family had seen, the galaxy was as dangerous as ever.

He pressed the button again, and he leaned in toward his terminal. His antennae curled forward, as if trying to listen.

“I find myself thinking of my great-grandfather, who fought both against and alongside the legendary Captain Jonathan Archer in the days before the Federation was born. For a young Andorian, my ancestor’s writings and recordings are required media. Tales of massive battles and last-minute innovations, of sacrifices and friendships in the blackness of space, all show us that the Andorian officers of his time were hard men and women, prepared for battle, and ready to fight, and claw, and tear for every inch they could get against the enemy. As a people, we weren’t known for retrospection; my ancestor is revered as a man of action, capable of choosing the right side and laying his life on the line to see that side win.”

Captain Shran reached up to scratch at the base of an antenna, a nervous habit he’d gained in his first days at Starfleet Academy, when he was one of the very few there with skin the color of Earth’s sky, and when everything he did was shrouded in his great-grandfather’s shadow. Unlike the Shran of legend, Thy’kir sought to excel through study, planning, and preparation, and he worried that his ancestor’s pugnacious past might stunt his advancement. To an extent, he was right, but he found that by settling in, spotting an objective, and stubbornly setting course for every opportunity, he could see a path to the hallowed Captain’s chair. He was disappointed, at first, to realize that the stubborn refusal to fail that propelled him forward in Starfleet was the same that led his ancestor to victory in battle.

His antennae curled backward as he reflected on this. His ancestor faced horrific odds against vicious foes… but he wondered how his great-grandfather would approach the current threat facing Starfleet now: the constant terror of Klingon fleets suddenly materializing out of nowhere, destroying Federation ships before they could even enter Red Alert.

“My ancestor fought battles with honor, and his opponents responded in kind,” he said, leaning back in toward his terminal. “My crew and I grew up with tales of stacked odds, fleets facing off against each other, the whine of a focused phaser and the ominous glow of a loosed torpedo. Those of us who knew of the Klingons from our training understood them to be honorable warriors, holding a tradition of bravery and—I daresay—sportsmanlike combat. Many of us were excited at the chance to meet the Klingons, not necessarily in battle, but to learn more about them in person.” Thy’kir’s antennae turned inward and then leaned forward once more. “But those are not the Klingons we face today.”

He sighed, glancing out the window at the streaks of stellar light illuminating the ship at warp. “These cowardly slugs hide in the darkness, waiting to leap out at their unwary prey. The game of the hunt is nonexistent. There’s only peace, then death, and then a darker peace left behind.”

The Sebrova’s mission was to investigate the fate of the Ticonderoga, but the recent days have proven that the Klingons were hunting civilian vessels in this sector as well as those of Starfleet. Traders and travelers peacefully moving through space, struck down by cowardly scavengers likely terrified of a stand-up fight. Captain Shran’s ancestor would have spit and cursed them, if he could meet them face-to-face, but these enemies kill without the courtesy of introductions. You’re safe, you’re whole, and boom, you’re dead.

“Our mission is one of mercy, to provide a deterrent against these brazen raids on civilian traders and to protect and rescue any ship that comes under Klingon attack. But…” He took a moment, then shook his head. “This mission is a farce. We can no more protect these vessels than we can protect ourselves—and you can ask about the fate of the starship named after my family to see how that can go.” He felt his face wrinkle, his antennae stand straight and outward, alert. “We cannot fight an enemy we cannot see. And all the legendary ancestors and retrofitted exploration ships in the fleet cannot make the invisible visible!”

As he said this, his gaze fell upon a model on the shelf next to his ready room door: A gold-plated replica of the Kumari, the ship in which Commander Thy’lek Shran overcame the Vulcans, the Xindi, and his own prejudices to become a hero revered by three starfaring civilizations. He always felt emotional when he looked at this ship, and this time, the emotion was shame.

His antennae leaned downward as he returned his attention to the terminal. “The Sebrova and her crew will do all we can to combat the Klingon menace. We will see this mission through, no matter the difficulty. We are a fleet of scientists and explorers wearing the armor of warriors. If there is a way to defeat the Klingons’ cloaks, we will find it.”

At that moment, his ready room door slid open, and his First Officer stepped in. “Sir, we’re nearing the objective… and we’re picking up a Starfleet distress call not far from the target sector.”

“Which vessel,” he replied. “Is it Ticonderoga?”

“No, sir,” his officer said. “It’s from a vessel assigned to Starfleet Academy. She’s on a cadet training cruise, Captain.”

Captain Shran looked up from his terminal and nodded. Cadets. They’re attacking cadets now. The Klingon dishonor knows no bounds. “Plot a course to the signal’s source, Commander. Maximum warp.”

The First Officer nodded, “Aye, sir,” and turned to give the order. Captain Shran pressed the terminal’s button one more time, and leaned forward.

“This is not the galaxy my ancestor left behind,” he said, his antennae twisting as if searching for the right thought. “This is the galaxy we have, now. And now we sail forth, to pierce the darkness, to banish the ghosts, to slay the beast. We have chosen the right side of history,” he said, “And we will do what we must to see that side win.”

He rose and stepped away from his desk, the terminal’s log window closing as he stood. As he approached the door to the bridge, his glance caught the shine from the model Kumari once more.

He paused in reflection for just one more moment, before he heard the klaxons from the bridge, announcing a yellow alert.

“We’ll save this one, too, Commander Shran,” he said, and he charged onto the bridge to make his ancestor proud.

Jay Turner

Staff Writer

Cryptic Studios
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 21370 21371 21372 ... 22593 22594 22595