Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20923 20924 20925 ... 22553 22554 22555

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-07-16 15:47:38  
nope thread is dumb
[+]
サーバ: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-07-16 16:00:52  
It's in a spoiler! My random thought is hungry spider
[+]
By Artemicion 2017-07-16 16:41:49  
Oh boy, the Vana'versary objectives reset. Time to get some more keys for more trash.

[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2017-07-16 18:03:14  
I like Chuu's spoiler pics/gifs/webms/etc. You never know what terrifying thing it's gonna be; and sometimes, if you're lucky, it's something cute/funny.

It's like your daily risky click.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-07-16 18:30:32  
YouTube Video Placeholder
サーバ: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-07-16 19:54:48  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-07-16 21:31:02  

kept waiting for the spider to get her.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-07-16 23:18:17  
new reshade looks dope

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-07-17 05:54:34  
The Thirteenth doctor was played by Olivia Wilde. I dunno what these people are talking about.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2017-07-17 06:20:29  

trapdoor spiders are awesome, and ... weird at the same time, I want to eventually get one
By Fyyvoaa 2017-07-17 06:24:15  

finally delving into a tank jerb :o I feel so squishy
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-17 08:06:40  
Anna Ruthven said: »
I dunno what these people are talking about.
Don't deny their inner nerds.

If it's not the exact way they imagine things will be, they will rage until it is. Problem is, nobody's imagination are the same.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-07-17 09:13:12  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

If it's not the exact way they imagine things will be, they will rage until it is. Problem is, nobody's imagination are the same.

I just think all the "diehard" geeks losing their ***about the Doctor being a woman is *** hilarious because the person who created the character wanted a female Doctor 31 years ago.

With that bit of information in hand, I think everyone should be thinking long and hard about exactly whose vision of the Doctor got ignored, and the importance of that person's feelings on the topic compared to their own desires.

Truth be told the people who are angry are either 1) so young that 31 years ago is before they existed or 2) so old that they already jumped ship and they just wanted to *** about the Good Old Days, and if it isn't about DW they'll find some other reason to do it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-07-17 10:36:40  
Candlejack said: »
Leon Kasai said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

I always enjoyed watching this for no good reason. Heh.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-07-17 10:41:23  
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »

I just think all the "diehard" geeks losing their ***about the Doctor being a woman is *** hilarious because the person who created the character wanted a female Doctor 31 years ago.

With that bit of information in hand, I think everyone should be thinking long and hard about exactly whose vision of the Doctor got ignored, and the importance of that person's feelings on the topic compared to their own desires.

Truth be told the people who are angry are either 1) so young that 31 years ago is before they existed or 2) so old that they already jumped ship and they just wanted to *** about the Good Old Days, and if it isn't about DW they'll find some other reason to do it.
I'm just popcorning over people being all "A characters sex shouldn't be a big deal" then making a big deal out it. From what I understand there is no reason The Doctor couldn't have rebirthed or whatever as female so it makes sense since the coin flip landing on male 12 times in a row is pushing the odds.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-07-17 11:03:14  
Asura.Ina said: »
I'm just popcorning over people being all "A characters sex shouldn't be a big deal" then making a big deal out it. From what I understand there is no reason The Doctor couldn't have rebirthed or whatever as female so it makes sense since the coin flip landing on male 12 times in a row is pushing the odds.

Geekdom is by an large a good ol' boys' club. Not "No Girls Allowed," maybe, but certainly "girls allowed only when playing by our established rules." There's a lot of residual bitterness, I think, in the geek community right now among "adult" geeks (say, 25-40) who grew up in an era where it was predominantly white suburbanite boys who, if you were into things like comics, D&D, video games, sci fi, etc. meant you weren't getting by your dream girl, ever.

Now these girls who (they assume) wouldn't have ever been okay with their interests before (and certainly wouldn't have been sleeping with them) and they've carried this sort of insular mindset into a now-wide-open world of possibilities and it's revealing many of them as really no better than the "more popular" subcultures that they felt wronged by in years past.

TL;DR it's like everything else in this country. "Getting there, but not there yet, and some people are going to try like hell to keep it 'the way it was.'"

TL;DR for the TL;DR: it's about sex.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-07-17 12:51:43  
Ramyrez said: »
Asura.Ina said: »

Geekdom is by an large a good ol' boys' club. Not "No Girls Allowed," maybe, but certainly "girls allowed only when playing by our established rules." There's a lot of residual bitterness, I think, in the geek community right now among "adult" geeks (say, 25-40) who grew up in an era where it was predominantly white suburbanite boys who, if you were into things like comics, D&D, video games, sci fi, etc. meant you weren't getting by your dream girl, ever.

Now these girls who (they assume) wouldn't have ever been okay with their interests before (and certainly wouldn't have been sleeping with them) and they've carried this sort of insular mindset into a now-wide-open world of possibilities and it's revealing many of them as really no better than the "more popular" subcultures that they felt wronged by in years past.

TL;DR it's like everything else in this country. "Getting there, but not there yet, and some people are going to try like hell to keep it 'the way it was.'"

TL;DR for the TL;DR: it's about sex.
^this. It expands further into race as well, noting that geekdom (at least western geekdom) was primarily a white, male-dominated subculture until very recently. The holdover fans (albeit not all of course) from the "good ol' days" commonly preach that "x character should be male/female and x race, because that's how it's always been", regardless of whether it's an implicit or explicit -ism. Case in point, the new Dark Tower movie. I'm a huge Dark Tower fan and love Stephen King's work. The production team caught so much flak for the casting of Idris Elba, a 'black' Roland Deschain. Hell, my only reservation with him had nothing to do with his skin-color...it was the fact that in some behind the scene snaps of him his clothes were WAY too clean to be Roland Deschain, lol. But damn, just saw the trailer recently and I am happy as *** with Elba so far...I just hope it isn't as bad as most of King's theatrical adaptations.

At the end of the day, though...all of those "old-school good ol' boys" are becoming fewer all the time, and their screams are becoming a mutter. Like you said, getting there but not quite there yet, but the ones who will never be quite there are gonna die eventually anyways and be replaced by (hopefully) better people.

TL;DR - They'd better CGI some damned grit and grime on Elba's costume. Roland Deschain ain't no clean-cut pretty boy, he's the mf gunslinger \m/
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-07-17 12:52:42  
Candlejack said: »
And his next regeneration will finally turn him into a soulless ginger!
But that begs the question...can a ginger Doctor be reincarnated?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-07-17 13:21:30  
This morning Lina was blowing off my kneecaps as a Lalafell.

Now she's like a hot mom or something. I am so confused.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-07-17 13:32:24  
Asura.Vyre said: »
This morning Lina was blowing off my kneecaps as a Lalafell.

Now she's like a hot mom or something. I am so confused.

Lina is not a Lala???

WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS?!
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-07-17 14:14:00  

Whats up Gishy boo.
[+]

Post deleted by User.