Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19474 19475 19476 ... 22709 22710 22711
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-07 17:41:17  
Jassik said: »
Well, since Lina doesn't want one, I guess I'll hold off for now.
RIP the dream
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-07 17:41:50  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Kalila said: »
Jetackuu said: »
I make poor life choices at times.
I feel ya.

I've made similarily terrible choices, even in this short 2016 year that will take many years of effort to overcome and be rid of.

See how much progress I can make before I hit 30.
You shouldn't define the worth of your progress by a mere number representing your age, but how much that progress feels rewarding to you. It doesn't matter how old or young you are, in the end it's going to be how you felt anyways.

That's just how I see it anyways, idc my age even if I'm only 23.
I like setting a date for progress on huge goals actually and it helps establish a timeline. Like "okay I will have my mortgage paid off early by 2015 January as long as I stick to this extra payment plan" etc

I want to make a certain amount of progress before I turn 30 in September and this helps maintain focus. "Okay I got 4 months lets do this" etc
Timelines are great, and responsible! I love planning everything out and seeing it checked off the list etc. I just think age shouldn't have anything to do with it, the act of doing it alone is what matters.

Just look at the people who go to college when they're 90, or run their first marathon and finish. They don't care how old they are, and they still do it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 17:43:20  
But when you need a job the employers cares unfortunately.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-07 17:45:03  
That shouldn't stop anyone from trying to do something. So you don't get a job with THEM, you keep trying.

Why would you want to work for someone that cares about how old you are anyways, when eventually you're going to hit that age no matter what you do, and someone younger than you will be ready to apply and take your spot.

I wouldn't work for someone who cares about age.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 17:48:45  
No, that's not how it works..you don't get lift off because someone younger appears(unless we're talking showbiz). But to get a job there is competition and at equal preparedness the younger one is favoured.
So it's great and all if you get a degree at 40, but if there's competition they're hiring the guy who got it at 25.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-06-07 17:51:28  
jeez seha, that wasn't what I was saying at all.

done talking about it
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 17:52:47  
Wut
It's what I was talking about. I addressed an instance in which you can't ignore the importance of age.

God forbid we have mature conversations though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-07 17:54:45  
i think kalila was talking more about personal improvement for the sake of bettering yourself and you were talking more about the worth of that improvement in a job market.

just making different points.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-07 17:56:25  
Lina, will you stop being mean if I do Lockstyle?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 17:56:35  
You might notice I didn't say anything against what she was going on about, I made a digression.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-07 17:57:10  
mercy is so confusing. she's supposed to be swiss but speaks high german. i guess i just dont know enough about switzerland
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-07 17:57:39  
Jassik said: »
Lina, will you stop being mean if I do Lockstyle?
I WAS BEING MEAN!?

I'm sorry don't hurt me T____T
[+]
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-06-07 17:58:10  
Finally in.

Too scared to roll the tickets.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 17:58:43  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
mercy is so confusing. she's supposed to be swiss but speaks high german. i guess i just dont know enough about switzerland
German and french are the primary languages in Switzerland(depending on the region). They also speak italian near our border but not as primary tongue.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-07 18:01:22  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
You might notice I didn't say anything against what she was going on about, I made a digression.

exactly. that's why i said two it was two different points. not that you were debating what she was saying.

i'd also slightly disagree with you. a lot of time older people will be chosen over younger people. so in the example you gave, we'd have to look at the work history of the older person, because showing a history of responsibility or experience will trump the age difference.

so i think you make a point about weighing the cost and effort of getting a degree later in life vs the value you'll get out of it. so it really depends on what kind of degree and what kind of job it is. i would pick someone with experience and a good work history over someone fresh out of college with no work history.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 18:02:30  
Maybe different culture. Here if you lose your job in advanced age you're pretty much *** for good unless your curriculum is outstanding.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-06-07 18:05:50  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
German and french are the primary languages in Switzerland(depending on the region). They also speak italian near our border but not as primary tongue.

yea but i did some research on what she said and she says

"Helden sterben nicht!"

which is standard german, whereas since she's swiss it should be

"Heldä stärbet niä!"

From what I could find, most of the native swiss/german speakers were saying they may as well be different languages despite being dialects of each other. just weird, Mercy's nationality is the hardest of them all to concretely place and the only reason I would know that she's Swiss instead of German is because of her character bio saying she was from Zurich.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 18:12:10  
It's normal for people to have difficulty understanding dialects outside their region, I think swiss german is similar to bavarese? There is also rumantsch which is a germanic language but different from german.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-07 18:17:02  
at the end of the day it comes to how the person presents themselves. in an interview a wiz kid and make themselves look like a fool or incompetent. an older person could do the same. it's something though, that we're grappling with because people are working later and later into life.
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2016-06-07 18:19:23  
Okay, I'm really happy with the results. All the cards from this tournament (not including DB Saga dupes, barring the three from the rank prizes).

The Hercule statues are just to sell for zeni, and the Elder Kai are used to increase any card's super attack level.

TEQ Turles is the top 10,000 reward unique to this tournament.
STR Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta was from my 80 wins SSR ticket.
PHY Super Saiyan 2 Gohan was from the top 10,000 SSR ticket.

Really happy with the Gohan, since he has "All types ki +2" as his leader skill which means I finally have a good multi-type team leader. Of course, he'll hopfully be redundant once the Gogeta event comes along, but at least I have him now in case I don't get Gogeta. :I

Also new strike event:
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-07 18:22:42  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
at the end of the day it comes to how the person presents themselves. in an interview a wiz kid and make themselves look like a fool or incompetent. an older person could do the same. it's something though, that we're grappling with because people are working later and later into life.
Of course. But here if you don't have a degree it's almost impossible to get a job. Jobs are few, competition is fierce and employers hold the knife.
If you got a degree but came out with a low grade? Even harder.
Got a degree but you're old? Even harder.
Old and no degree? Join the local mafia.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2016-06-07 18:27:22  
Though mind you we've also got the terrible culture of favouritism. Everyone gives jobs first to their nephew, cousin, friend, lover, regardless of how fit they are for it. And almost eveyrthing becomes a family business.
It's almost like living in castes for many people. You get what you were born into.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-07 18:31:18  
Doing ToAU missions is a breeze, but now, with mounts!

/gets on his high horse tiger and roams the Mire in style!

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-07 18:43:20  
hmmm... so, it's all about who you know. seha, i know you. have your dad give me a job better than my current one. then, i can buy a nicer watch and tell you all about it at a boring dinner!

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-07 18:46:46  
toau was best ffxi.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-06-07 18:57:44  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Doing ToAU missions is a breeze, but now, with mounts!

/gets on his high horse tiger and roams the Mire in style!
you're just doing those now? oh jeeze lazy bones
I got decently geared! Not anywhere near optimal, but good enough.

Also, I have been hunting for spells, a lot of them are hard to get!

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 19474 19475 19476 ... 22709 22710 22711