| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-06 15:02:03  
You can force it by skillchaining, but I think standalone, it should still stagger.
 Asura.Serano
サーバ: Asura
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2011-02-06 15:02:04  
Sunburst will always be light trigger.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
サーバ: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2011-02-06 15:02:46  
I'm pretty sure Sunburst is considered light based only for red weakness purposes.

[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-06 15:03:11  
Okay, general concensus is Light. :P
[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
サーバ: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-02-06 15:04:47  
Sunburst will always be a light trigger. If you have the discernment abyssite and you get "darkness" message, it will never be sunburst.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-02-06 15:12:05  
Leviathan.Jekyll said:
Sunburst will always be a light trigger. If you have the discernment abyssite and you get "darkness" message, it will never be sunburst.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-06 15:46:39  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Is there an official posting from SE you're all thinking of? or personal experience? hearsay?

1. The icon is white for light based damage
2. personal experience says that every time abyssite of discernment says darkness elemental ws -- it's been one of three weaponskills: energy drain, blade: ei, shadow of death

Now maybe my sample size is small, but I've only been redding NMs for 3 empyrean weapons from start to finish and every darkness read has been those three ws, take it for what it's worth.
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-06 15:53:54  
Leviathan.Jekyll said:

This is not correct. I have personally triggered red !! with Sunburst when abyssite of discernment said darkness. I would advice people to try it if they are unable to trigger with any of the other darkness based weaponskills.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-06 15:58:56  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Dark is light in opposite land, you sure it wasn't over there? :o

Funny guy. I know it triggered, believe me or not idc. People had tried the other weaponskills more than once, I did Sunburst, red !! appeared. So yeah, try it if none of the others work. Can't hurt, can it?
[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-06 16:03:22  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Leviathan.Jekyll said:

This is not correct. I have personally triggered red !! with Sunburst when abyssite of discernment said darkness. I would advice people to try it if they are unable to trigger with any of the other darkness based weaponskills.

POIDH
I do think that either,
The mob went passive a sec and discernement got resetted or
Someone used SoD/ei/ED at the same time as sunburst and you completly forgot about it.
Sunburst will ALWAYS be light.
OR someone did a "dirty" ei/ED/SoD, reused it at same time as sunburst and you immediatly went "durr, dat ws waz clean, so itz muzt be suburstz!!! durr"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-02-06 16:28:08  
Asura.Darkultima said:
some cuntish comment

if someone's personal experience has it proc'd you have to prove it with a picture? every time you do something you take a pic even if you didnt think it was an issue? bull

im sure theres other people who have prolly seen sunburst be a dark rather than light. just because YOU havent seen it doesnt mean u can call derp
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-06 16:39:49  
1. It was on Gukumatz, and it did NOT go passive in any way.

2. I didn't ws at the same time as someone else, we only had the bare minimum of people to trigger red and yellow !!s. In fact I was the one who'd done both Shadow of Death and Energy Drain. We didn't even have a nin there, so Ei wasn't tried at all.

3. I distinctly remember it because some of my friends said the same thing, that Sunburst is light only, but I used it and got the red !!

4. POIDH? Yes of COURSE I take a screenshot every damn time I trigger red !! on an NM, as well as a screenshot of my discernment reading as further proof.

Anyway, like I said, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. Just try it, if all else fails.

[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-07 13:28:59  
I believe you Tamoa!!!
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-07 14:09:33  
Asura.Tamoa said:
Leviathan.Jekyll said:

I also baulked when i first heard someone say sunburst couldn't get darkness - red. I was positive we had gotten sunburst darkness on ovni and carabosse several times (even joked about it being sunburst "AGAIN" because i had to run and switch to drg/whm) when we were farming for my roomates masamune. I don't have pics but, due to the "mid fight job switch" it stands out painfully strong in my memory.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-07 14:14:16  
If Discernment says "Darkness" the trigger cannot and will not be Sunburst. I've procced red on a phenomenal number of NMs after getting Discernment (between Savior hunting and Twashtar) and not once has Sunburst been the result of a Dark element message.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-07 14:33:43  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
If Discernment says "Darkness" the trigger cannot and will not be Sunburst. I've procced red on a phenomenal number of NMs after getting Discernment (between Savior hunting and Twashtar) and not once has Sunburst been the result of a Dark element message.

This is incorrect, ive personally had sunburst say darkness.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-02-07 14:35:43  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

This is incorrect, ive personally had sunburst say darkness.
this, proc'd darkness on MNK with sunburst
By camaroz 2011-02-07 14:46:01  
ive procced red darkness with sunburst on whm contrary to popular belief its possible
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-02-07 14:47:00  
Bahamut.Dannyl said:
I believe you Tamoa!!!

Thank you, lol :)

Also, nice to see other people having the same experience as me.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-07 14:50:03  
Sunburst goes both ways 100%
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2