users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Red weakness question
Red weakness question
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-09 13:54:14  
I've never personally seen it happen, any time my group gets dark, we usually get screwed because we don't usually have ei or SoD so we resort to spamming energy drain and sunburst on the hope that it would trigger and while energy drain has it's equal share of procs, we have not seen a sunburst darkness proc in the process of upgrading 2 emp weapons.

If it is true, it is exceptionally rare and I won't believe it till I see some proof that couldn't just be someone mistaking a grellow discernment for a red or if I actually manage to do it myself.

Also, on the comment that it may have to actually deal darkness damage to proc, then the same would be true of the light side of things as well but we've never had any trouble procing a light stagger with sunburst.

I dunno, but I'd like to find out for certain so I can stop wasting my time.

Asura.Kazaki
サーバ: Asura
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2011-02-09 16:50:08  
I've never believed Sunburst has been darkness red proc as I've never seen it happen. People can make mistakes and see it go off with Ei or SOD and assume it was Sunburst without the proper evidence of a single person on the mob etc etc.

Basically, video or screenshot of Sunburst Red procing {Can I have it?}
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Terazuma
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Terazuma 2011-03-31 17:15:43  
Have never, ever seen sunburst proc on darkness discernment... ever. I'm in the 'sunburst light proc onry' crowd until I see a screenshot with sunburst proc on a darkness discernment.

EDIT: oops, someone just linked me to this thread so I just felt like replying. Didn't mean to necro D:
 Gilgamesh.Chikitin
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: chikitin
By Gilgamesh.Chikitin 2011-03-31 17:28:02  
i want to see a video or pic of that!
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-31 17:34:45  
All the people who claim it's 100% true have never been able to provide a screen shot proving that no other possible factors could have come into play. I've been asking for a SS of this for a long time, people still swear by the fact that they've seen it multiple times. I want a SS with the reading and the WS and the stagger all at once :P
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
user: Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-03-31 17:48:30  
hell ill try it out tonight if it happens will post up SS if it happens is the key term lol
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-03-31 17:51:25  
anytime "darkness" comes up I always say "lol try sunburst just in case" it still always ends up that someone timed one of the other 3 wrong but we do it for lulz
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-04-02 17:56:47  
Just wanted to necro bump. :)