Best Trial Weapon?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Best trial weapon?
Best trial weapon?
First Page 2 3
 Unicorn.Yasashiku
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Yasashiku 2011-02-02 17:29:49  
Probably going to get a lot of different opinions. But what is the best sword trial for BLU
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-02 17:33:41  
Almace
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-02 17:44:37  
Cerberus.Kuching said:
I'll give a more intelligent answer shall i?
Why? A question with absolutely no useful information surrounding it gets an equally informative answer. Also, unlike your post, my answer was correct. It is the single best trial weapon available to BLU. A WS that easily does over 50% more than our next best choice inside Abyssea (and still ~40% outside) along with ODD aftermath and superior damage/delay is no *** joke.

If they wanted a different answer, should have imposed limitations (ie non-Empy/WoE) or not said "best".

Quote:
For BLU you want swords that will benefit your spell's accuracy. The default thing to go for would be dual Magic accuracy swords.
...what? For what? Debuffs? Don't need. Grellow? Use an Apollo's Staff for 1k Needles, the rest will proc fine without macc swords since (barring immune mobs) they won't full resist (also bear in mind that Seedspray is physical). Nukes? I sure hope not.

Quote:
Though I know some BLUs who have so much that they get regular old accuracy to help the physical spells.
Accuracy is damn near irrelevant these days.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-02 17:59:13  
Cerberus.Kuching said:

For BLU you want swords that will benefit your spell's accuracy. The default thing to go for would be dual Magic accuracy swords. Though I know some BLUs who have so much that they get regular old accuracy to help the physical spells. To be honest the trigger spells that people invite BLU for are magical so use them and as much atma as possible.

Physical spells by themselves aren't affected by magic accuracy, so getting two Shamshirs with magic accuracy wouldn't be boosting your spell accuracy at all. The only consistent use you'd get out of it is that it'd boost the success of the stun effect on Head Butt, but given how accurate that stun effect is already, it's hardly worth the time making two magian weapons just too boost it.

As for magic spells, if you're planning on doing serious nuking, then an HQ stave is going to do more for you than two swords. In the case of grellow proc'ing, you're not really going to be aiming for mass damage anyway, so apart from 1000 Needles (due to its inaccurate nature) you're really not going to need any boost to magic accuracy whatsoever. In fact, in the case of Blitzstrahl, you're going to want to drop your magic accuracy considerably, given that the spell won't proc grellow if you successfully stun the mob with it.

You'd be much better off with two +Str Shamshirs or a +Str and a +Dex than two magic accuracy ones.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-02 18:04:20  
I'll have to agree with night here. Acc is kinda useless. Hell even before I capped it with sushi on everything. Now I cap with real attack food which is kinda nice since I'm using the WoE swd.

Also I'd say that the next best ws outside of abyssea isn't the same as inside often. But yeah since I really started building for it most the time my ws dmg decently excedes even 2hders and they have all that extra base dmg.

I like 2-4 for tp gain. Just finished it in cruor pt today. Also to note in that pt it ended up being me on 1 mob group killing by myself another whole pt on the other group. I generally killed faster mostly meleeing and headbutting
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-02 18:10:51  
Cerberus.Kuching said:

For BLU you want swords that will benefit your spell's accuracy. The default thing to go for would be dual Magic accuracy swords. Though I know some BLUs who have so much that they get regular old accuracy to help the physical spells. To be honest the trigger spells that people invite BLU for are magical so use them and as much atma as possible.

That being said, SE have finished pooping out the schedualed abyssea expansions so when they bring out something else we will all be caught off guard by how little we do without atma. So I say either get dual magic accuracy or 1 magic accuracy + 1 physical accuracy depending how you play BLU.

oh lawd
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-02 18:11:32  
If you aren't willing to work for the better weapons, just do 2 str shamshirs.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 05:55:15  
Cerberus.Kuching said:
The default thing to go for would be dual Magic accuracy swords.

Cerberus.Kuching said:
BLU 12

I'd say that your answer really shows that your blu is only level 12, but unfortunately, your opinion on macc seems to be the common opinion on blu trial weapons.

To all you people out there that actually play blu, I'm going to give you the best advice you can get:

DON'T MAKE *** MACC SWORDS
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-04 05:57:56  
Was about to start a new thread, but I'll just ask in here >_>
What's the best offhand sword for Almace?
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 06:00:44  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
OA2-4 khanda
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-04 06:05:16  
Odin.Blazza said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
OA2-4 khanda

Ugh, that's gonna be even worse to finish than Almace :p oh well!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 06:14:28  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
OA2-4 khanda

Ugh, that's gonna be even worse to finish than Almace :p oh well!
Eh, I did the high damage OAT sword, then abyssea kinda changed the dynamics in that it's often better get tp as fast as possible without actually doing much damage, so that you can proc ws's. In the case of Almace, you just want to get tp as fast as possible any way you can so you can spam chant du cygne, meaning that again, the higher base DMG of the OAT sword is pretty much irrelevant, but the higher tp of OA2-4 is very relevant.

I dunno though, once we're out of abyssea again, maybe I'll be a little happier with my OAT sword.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-04 09:07:21  
OA2-4 is never the right answer for DPS. STR or DA sword.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 09:09:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Obviously. It's there for the tp gain... though with enspells it's dps is kinda sick. Well except maybe gun... being as most the dmg comes from the bullets dps on that might be good
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-02-04 09:38:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Remora.Brain is going to come back from the dead to have a 15 page discussion with you on that one. :p
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 09:55:05  
Nightfyre said:
Oh I totally agree with you, I'm just a little annoyed that I put so much effort into duoing/soloing all those Lord Ruthven's, and then abyssea came out and changed everything. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the spell/melee damage ratio is much, MUCH higher in abyssea than it is outside, due to stupid amounts of refresh, and stupidly high stats that boost up all your spells much more than your melee. What that means is that your melee damage means a *** of a lot less, while your spell and ws damage means a *** of a lot more. Because of that, I'd rate OA2-4 much higher than OAT inside abyssea, and also higher than STR+ shamshirs, since the STR difference is almost negligible with all the other stat bonuses you already have.

Now if you're using RR, the favour probably shifts a little more towards OAT again, but I personally find myself not using RR very often, and since I'm talking about my own experience, that's why I'm a little annoyed that OA2-4 actually would have been a better choice than OAT.

Outside of abyssea, which is somewhere I hope the game takes us in the not too distant future, OA2-4 will still hold a lot of sway with a good Sanguine Blade build in terms of survival, and will still be the best option for off-handing with Almace. For pure DoT though, I think OAT would still win unless you have Almace.

Edit: Also, when I made my OAT, the OA2-4 was only OA2-3.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 10:04:25  
Zorro slash really changes how you play blu. Lately I've been pretty much not using any refresh atmas because I don't cast harly any DD spells. And I still wreck the other DDs I'm around. And a bit of that is how much tp gain I have so I can use the ws. It's good enough I'm thinking of trying to make almace lol
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 10:11:14  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Zorro slash really changes how you play blu. Lately I've been pretty much not using any refresh atmas because I don't cast harly any DD spells. And I still wreck the other DDs I'm around. And a bit of that is how much tp gain I have so I can use the ws. It's good enough I'm thinking of trying to make almace lol
I out-parse half the DD's in my shell while afk <_<
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-04 10:12:16  
Fenrir.Schutz said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Remora.Brain is going to come back from the dead to have a 15 page discussion with you on that one. :p

lol it's been a while
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-04 10:32:29  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
CDC really does change things. It's so much better than any of our other WS, to the point that the optimum playstyle for damage with Almace and possibly Badelaire too is literally not to cast if you're getting marches.

Odin.Blazza said:
Outside of abyssea, which is somewhere I hope the game takes us in the not too distant future, OA2-4 will still hold a lot of sway with a good Sanguine Blade build in terms of survival, and will still be the best option for off-handing with Almace. For pure DoT though, I think OAT would still win unless you have Almace.
I have absolutely no idea where you were going with the rest of that post, so I'm just going to quote this.

Bolded portion of your quote: No.

Excluding weapons and atma, BLU TPs in up to 3% TA and 23% DA. This results in a combined 25.31% of your hits that an OAX weapon cannot proc on. Then consider that it is only procing on your offhand when you're using a weapon with an ODD aftermath, and that 264 delay is both inhibiting your TP gain and further reducing your opportunities for aftermath procs. DA has a better delay, better damage rating, and procs on both hands. STR sword gives valuable attack (/NIN is optimal melee damage sub, so we're relatively attack starved) and has an even better delay rating. STR for spells is just icing on the cake. Also, fSTR will be relevant once we leave Abyssea, so at that point STR may pull ahead of DA.

It's a utility weapon, nothing more. OAT isn't going to be the best non-Almace weapon either for the same reasons (minus aftermath). Abyssea had less to do with it than spell set and gear options did, though it certainly emphasizes the point.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-04 11:29:59  
So DA sword would be a good choice for offhand when using Almace too?
Seems like less work overall than OA2-4 so that would be awesome >_>
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 11:40:14  
Odin.Blazza said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I out-parse half the DD's in my shell while afk <_<
I don't mean half I mean like I get suprised when someone comes along that does more. Hell lately it's been tough finding a 2hder that does more ws dmg lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 11:43:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
CDC really does change things. It's so much better than any of our other WS, to the point that the optimum playstyle for damage with Almace and possibly Badelaire too is literally not to cast if you're getting marches.
Even without marches its pretty good. Normally I just cast haste/refresh and triumpant roar in down time if when stalwarts is down. Was funny doing a cruor pt the other day and I ended up being the only person on one family while another pt was on the other and I more than kept up mostly doing that sometimes throwing in a quad if CDC dmg was kinda low. I think part of it is not only just how good it is but how much food can help it while food does little for spells
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-04 12:08:43  
Odin.Blazza said:
DON'T MAKE *** MACC SWORDS

But but but the JPs do it and they're all amazing !!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-04 12:21:54  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
So DA sword would be a good choice for offhand when using Almace too?
Seems like less work overall than OA2-4 so that would be awesome >_>
Yeah, either STR or DA would be the way to go at present (they're almost identical in performance). DEX is obviously awesome if they ever make accuracy relevant again.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Even without marches its pretty good. Normally I just cast haste/refresh and triumpant roar in down time if when stalwarts is down. Was funny doing a cruor pt the other day and I ended up being the only person on one family while another pt was on the other and I more than kept up mostly doing that sometimes throwing in a quad if CDC dmg was kinda low. I think part of it is not only just how good it is but how much food can help it while food does little for spells
Yeah, good food definitely favors melee damage. Going back to pizza (or god forbid, sushi...) will tone things down a bit.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 13:14:21  
Actually I've been using red curry buns. With drinks that puts my attack around 800+.

Anyways about realism... WoE version is 100% soloable. I in fact did solo all of mine. Actually empyrean might be too though would be a bit harder and take longer to solo.

You might have given more info but it was wrong info. I believe HQ staff + strap still offer more or about the same macc as dual swds and cost next to nothing. The only really use for macc swd is headbutt locking.

Hell even outside of abyssea I wouldn't make an acc swd. Seriously pre-abyssea I was capping acc on most things I fought with either no food or just pizza. Really evasive stuff I'd pull out sushi but most that stuff blu isn't so good for unless it is sneak attacking anyways thanks to pdif and lvl correct
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-04 13:16:44  
Cerberus.Kuching said:
Seriously guys, these threads are for information gathering.
He made a thread because he wanted a realistic answer. It a typical stock response to say relic/mythic/empyrean are the best. I don't know if hes part of a LS that can get him that stuff or not. Yes we would all like a big sharp spikey weapon... But I gave him a lot more information then you did in your first post Night.

Ofc, try all the other stuff like attack, DA and ws dmg. But don't stay gimped for ages because you too busy yelling for almace materials. A big problem I always bloody see with BLUs is that they:
a) cant land spells
b) run out of mp
They are probably only a small handful I have had the misfortune to meet.
Seriously go work hard for something. Almace is pretty piss easy to get compared to most of them. If your really dedicated go for it.

I didn't really know you all disliked my response til I got a load of people comforting me. Heh I really don't care.... Someone wanted a real answer. I shared my knowlege on the subject. Input yours too. I dislike people who waste other people's time. He probably saw he got 1 reply and thought yay answers! then oh... Almace...k

I shant be revisiting this thread. Good day <3

But the MACC swords dont even help you land physical spells, so yeah :p
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-04 13:26:18  
Cerberus.Kuching said:
Seriously guys, these threads are for information gathering.
He made a thread because he wanted a realistic answer. It a typical stock response to say relic/mythic/empyrean are the best. I don't know if hes part of a LS that can get him that stuff or not. Yes we would all like a big sharp spikey weapon... But I gave him a lot more information then you did in your first post Night.

Ofc, try all the other stuff like attack, DA and ws dmg. But don't stay gimped for ages because you too busy yelling for almace materials. A big problem I always bloody see with BLUs is that they:
a) cant land spells
b) run out of mp
They are probably only a small handful I have had the misfortune to meet.
Seriously go work hard for something. Almace is pretty piss easy to get compared to most of them. If your really dedicated go for it.

I didn't really know you all disliked my response til I got a load of people comforting me. Heh I really don't care.... Someone wanted a real answer. I shared my knowlege on the subject. Input yours too. I dislike people who waste other people's time. He probably saw he got 1 reply and thought yay answers! then oh... Almace...k

I shant be revisiting this thread. Good day <3

Good. Typical BLUs are *** awful. They don't need even more bad advice.

Nightfyre generally knows what he's talking about.

I know *** all about BLU, so I can't offer up any suggestions. I might be able to help with decent questions though!

Since Almace, and empyreans in general, are usually out of the reach of casual players (unless they happen to be well-connected or rich), what are other good options for magian weapons? WoE Empyrean weapons are realistic goals for those who can't/don't want to deal with the full empyrean. Does the WoE Empyrean compare favorably with the better elemental path weapons?
[+]
First Page 2 3