Best Trial Weapon?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Best trial weapon?
Best trial weapon?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-07 03:19:47  
Thanks again for math :o

I still haven't got around to finishing ANY trial weapons aside from OAT. I tend to prefer utility swords, currently using Isador/OAT which suits me pretty well. And tbh, if ever I do get an Almace, I'll probably off-hand Isador for the fast cast, but hang onto my Khanda to off-hand with perdu wand when I'm getting tp on club :p
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-07 09:23:47  
Diabolos.Raelia said:
If OA4 only averages 1.9 hits per round, it's utter ***and a pointless upgrade because that's what OA3 was parsed to average (50/30/20 = 1.9/round).
1*0.5+2*0.3+3*0.2=1.7, so OA4 would still be an upgrade for TP gain.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2011-02-07 17:13:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Raelia said:
If OA4 only averages 1.9 hits per round, it's utter ***and a pointless upgrade because that's what OA3 was parsed to average (50/30/20 = 1.9/round).
1*0.5+2*0.3+3*0.2=1.7, so OA4 would still be an upgrade for TP gain.
Yeah, 1.9 is Ridill, 1am again.
 Ramuh.Alphir
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Alphir
By Ramuh.Alphir 2011-02-24 10:15:52  
Before starting an ele trial, looking for advice. Given the option of MACC or MAB, is one better?
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 10:16:44  
Ramuh.Alphir said:
Before starting an ele trial, looking for advice. Given the option of MACC or MAB, is one better?

MAB would be better, if only because MACC is useless. You really should go for STR though... :/
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 10:18:29  
Ramuh.Alphir said:
Macc is useless outside of headbutt.

MAB is only really decent for sanguine blade or casting magic dmg spells while you are meleeing and don't want to lose tp... can't think a time that you would do that and the lose of physical dmg wouldn't outweight the improvement to magic spells.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-24 11:03:25  
soooooooooooooooooo, lets say your in my shoes (very casual, log in from time to time, almace a pipedream with the friends I have) and focusing only on the elemental paths.....

Would this order of swords be useful for a still gimpished blu ?
1st: STR+9 Attack+20 (currently working on)
2nd: INT+9 "Mag.Atk.Bns"+10
3rd: VIT+9 "Phys. dmg. taken -10%" (i'm a taru so -pdt is always welcomed)
4th: DEX+9 Accuracy+15
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 11:08:04  
I'd put MAB more like 3rd or 4th. PDT one is still good for quad too

Also Almace can be completely duod... potentially solod but that would take awhile. Coins for WoE version are easily soloable.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-24 11:08:47  
I'd put PDT 2nd, MAB 3rd

That said, STR and PDT are the only elemental swords worth making at this time.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 11:28:17  
Evasion swds!!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-24 11:41:53  
Thanks you two,

Evasion sword! I did consider it. Paired with -PDT seems like a nice tanking setup yesh?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 11:49:00  
Well with an evasion atma or 2 and decent evasion set you could achieve an evasion amount equal to that of a thf without evasion gear which is enough for most nms out there... as much of a joke that was it is something I'm working on for fun. Also agi would help the tp feed. And Benthic typhooooooooooooooooooooooooon.

Of course even once you have your spellcast setup and your gear sets I'd imagine it would take some pratice getting used to since you kinda need the evasion gear too unless you use 3 evasion atmas... so gotten learn to time spells based on mob swings, or it being stunned/flashed, maybe set it up so you don't switch till later in the cast of the spells etc
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-24 12:08:05  
Please don't remind me of spellcast, as I have yet to explore it. Is there a freakin' spellcast for dummies tutorial? Partially I'm lazy too. I'm not an idiot with html, xml either, I grasp it, used to build websites, I guess I just need a start up type of guide.

Anyway, thanks for the input!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 12:11:58  
Idk I mostly just used example ones and read up some and figured it out. Occasionally I'll ask questions mostly on syntax of certain things I've never done. And well I have no programming experience nor programs to make it easier... makes finding errors a little harder.

But yeah aint too hard to see what things are doing in a semi simple xml even if you never done any kind of programming. Recommend learning from a more simple one though. Some people I swear make ones with the intent to confuse anyone using it. Often not gaining any functionality (sometimes losing some) over something much simplier and smaller lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-24 12:13:05  
Just annoy Dasva for a bit <3
After some help from him I understand most of it now :P
Atleast enough to make fully functional xmls for myself!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 12:14:01  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Just annoy Dasva for a bit <3
Lol or that I guess
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-24 12:18:26  
In that case, send me a sample Dasva! ;)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-24 12:22:29  
Well since this is about blu I'll send my blu one over... which sorta reminds me I should probably take some stuff out of it that is kinda pointless now. (like partial sets at higher mp lol)
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-02-24 14:53:46  
Bahamut.Dannyl said:
Thanks you two,

Evasion sword! I did consider it. Paired with -PDT seems like a nice tanking setup yesh?

I'd have 2 evasion swords if I'm doing full evasion tanking setup/atma and won't mix both eva and PDT-

Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-02-24 15:37:33  
Right now i use Isaor and hannibals in aby, outside of aby i use isador and pdt- atm. Been debating to start almace since i dont play as much as i use to. I currently carry a wide range of swords for my blu depending on what i am doing and where. I find myself mostly main handing Isador. Im not sure if i wanna start any other trials atm until the lvl cap finally caps out and to see what other swords become available.
[+]