フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Seedspray for yellow
Seedspray for yellow
First Page 2
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 19:56:23  
Not sure if this has been posted or not.

But i just learned Seedspray proc's Yellow for earth.

Why is this spell not marked with Earth Element symbol or Anythign about earth magic in the Description like *Every othere Blu magic based spell.

SE's typo? Or am i just being ignorant lol
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 19:58:28  
It's always been a proc.
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:02:24  
Thats not the question at all. But thanks for trying. /thumbs up
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 20:03:03  
If by you mean why doesn't it show it as earth element on your spell list or why it doesn't say it does earth dmg it because technically it isn't and it doesn't.

It has no element. It is a physical spell which is clearly shown by it's symbol. Not to mention the description says (plantoids- physical)

Why it's one of the earth procs is beyond me though. The additional effect of def down is generally wind. It's skillchain properties are ice and wind... I guess cause Rafflesia are earth based?
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:05:56  
Lol see Dasva understands what im saying.

So in my mind, when SE programmed the spells to proc the elements, they selected teh wrong spell?

I always thought it was Bad breath + Magnetite cloud.

Seems im wrong lol. Stupid SE
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 20:16:46  
Possibly though it might be they didn't want to breathe spells for an element. Or something that could inflict so many debuffs. Or they wanted more close range spells just to mess with blu
 Fenrir.Flamm
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Flamm
By Fenrir.Flamm 2011-02-01 20:20:16  
I always thought it was bad breath also did you actually get the yellow proc with seedspray? I've never actually got an earth proc on blu or seen another blu proc earth with seedspray.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:20:33  
Hmm well they did fire breath and Radiant, dont see why they would break the chain
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 20:22:42  
Odin.Lowblow said:

K, well, it's always been an earth proc. I was just insulting you on not knowing that, bro.

Edit: look at the brd spells.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:24:35  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Lowblow said:

K, well, it's always been an earth proc. I was just insulting you on not knowing that, bro.

What about the brd spells? You do the element of the song. Not the element in the name. Brd spells make perfect sense.

You cant compare that to what im saying lol

Either way, my question was answered. SE goofed . the end.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 20:27:13  
Odin.Lowblow said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Odin.Lowblow said:

What about the brd spells? You do the element of the song. Not the element in the name. Brd spells make perfect sense.

You cant compare that to what im saying lol

Either way, my question was answered. SE goofed . the end.

SE always goofs, why do you even need to ask if you already know?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 20:27:51  
Fenrir.Flamm said:
I always thought it was bad breath also did you actually get the yellow proc with seedspray? I've never actually got an earth proc on blu or seen another blu proc earth with seedspray.
I actually have. For a long time I just did it cause wiki said so and never saw it. Then one day it proc'd it a good 3 times and I was like O.O
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-02-01 20:30:30  
Serj's douchebagary aside...

I think they might have made it seedspray because Bad Breath is the highest MP cost of the breath spells. Or just flat out goofed.

And Flamm, I've proced yellow !! a few times with seedspray so yes it is in fact a stagger.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 20:31:51  
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:

I think they might have made it seedspray because Bad Breath is the highest MP cost of the breath spells. Or just flat out goofed.

And Flamm, I've proced yellow !! a few times with seedspray so yes it is in fact a stagger.

1000 Needles, sup.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 20:33:13  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:

1000 Needles, sup.
Not a breathe spell!!! God I wish it was though
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:34:12  
Lol whats with the random picking of stuff that has no relevance to the topic.

But ya i wish it was too. Turn that 1kneedle to 10k :P
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 20:34:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:

1000 Needles, sup.

I'm really glad they are addressing the BS with it being a proc, though. That was one of the stupidest things they could have made a proc, honestly.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 20:37:42  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Serj's douchebagary aside... I think they might have made it seedspray because Bad Breath is the highest MP cost of the breath spells. Or just flat out goofed. And Flamm, I've proced yellow !! a few times with seedspray so yes it is in fact a stagger.
1000 Needles, sup.
I'm really glad they are addressing the BS with it being a proc, though. That was one of the stupidest things they could have made a proc, honestly.
They are? Cause seriously it's litterally impossible to land on some mobs. And even normal mobs often require macc atmas/setups to land lol. Then you gotta wait 1+ min to recast it. Then bam there goes another 300 mp...
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:42:01  
I havent had much issue with it. Other then on light based mobs.

Magic set + burst and if really needed, a macc drink. :D
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 20:42:02  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
Serj's douchebagary aside... I think they might have made it seedspray because Bad Breath is the highest MP cost of the breath spells. Or just flat out goofed. And Flamm, I've proced yellow !! a few times with seedspray so yes it is in fact a stagger.
1000 Needles, sup.
They are? Cause seriously it's litterally impossible to land on some mobs. And even normal mobs often require macc atmas/setups to land lol. Then you gotta wait 1+ min to recast it. Then bam there goes another 300 mp...

Yea, I think they said it in a tweet that they were addressing 1000 needles and blitzshral as procs.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-01 20:44:24  
Quote:
Next Major VU: Looking into making adjustments to the difficulty exploiting weakness in Abyssea using BLU's Blitzstrahl & 1000 Needles
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-01 20:48:17  
1000 needles is so inaccurate and takes so long to cast, not to mention its MP cost, that it's easily the most annoying spell required for !!. One could argue threnodies, but they cost you nothing, and they don't take nearly 12 seconds to cast. The only thing the two share in common is that there's some mobs that flat out 100% (or damn *** close to 100%) resist them. When I have to change my entire atma and subjob selection just to land one spell I generally say *** it.
 Odin.Lowblow
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 20:52:35  
Ya the resisting sucks.
But i dont think you can remove that, its part of the *luck factor which is large in FFXI.

Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfie 2011-02-01 21:02:35  
Well getting 1000 Needles to proc is more of timing issue than a landing issue now. Since with 400+ Blu Magic Skill gear it pretty much lands every time. My biggest problem with it is when we're fighting some NM that has massive regain and casts magic and you have to time the cast and hope to God it to goes clean.

Also lol@making mobs immune to a 1000 needles so when it is in fact the trigger you can't.(i.e. Sobek) Thanks SE, thanks.

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-01 21:03:44  
1000 needles on an iron giant. :\ Most other spells I can time fine (start casting just before the next melee attack) but... yeah. All luck with needles.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 21:15:57  
Blitz isn't bad at all. Other than the stun lasting so long it messes with other peoples attempts to proc lol.

Still don't like 1000 needles. There are plenty of mobs out there that are resistant to magic or light that can totally *** it up. And that just adds to the problem of it costing so much taking so long to cast having a horrendous recast oh and yeah having to be in AOE range to even cast it
 Jar
By Jar 2011-02-01 21:18:17  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
1000 Needles, sup.

Heat breath and frost breath are both triggers...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 21:19:42  
Jar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Ramuh.Mizuharu said:
1000 Needles, sup.
Heat breath and frost breath are both triggers...
What's your point?
 Fenrir.Flamm
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Flamm
By Fenrir.Flamm 2011-02-01 21:23:21  
well that's good to know seeing as bad breath's casting time was infinity seconds lol
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-01 21:50:13  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Blitz isn't bad at all. Other than the stun lasting so long it messes with other peoples attempts to proc lol.

Still don't like 1000 needles. There are plenty of mobs out there that are resistant to magic or light that can totally *** it up. And that just adds to the problem of it costing so much taking so long to cast having a horrendous recast oh and yeah having to be in AOE range to even cast it

Actually the problem with Blitzstrahl is that if it is the spell that will trigger grellow, the proc won't happen if the stun effect goes off. The stun effect from Blitzstrahl occurs before the !!, so if Blitzstrahl succeeds in stunning the mob, then it won't work.

For both myself and another blu in my group (we alternate coming blu depending on what other jobs are needed), we've noticed that Blitzstrahl, if it's the procing spell, must not actually stun the mob in order to get the !!. We've both had to basically strip off all magic accuracy/blue magic skill gear and cast in a Terra's Staff to boost the chances of the stun effect resisting.

It was only circumstances where Blitzstrahl hit the mob but didn't stun it that we'd get the trigger. Any time that it'd go off but stun the mob, it wouldn't work. Even when it was 100% certain that the spell got off clean and that all the other spells for triggering also got off clean (so it wasn't an issue of just being the wrong spell), we couldn't trigger it with Blitzstrahl if the stun went unresisted.
First Page 2