user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 21:52:46  
Hmmm I've never seen that myself.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-01 22:14:20  
I first noticed it a few days ago when my group was fight Emperador de Altepa and we went though absolutely everything that was lightning based to proc grellow multiple times with no success (Raiton: Ni, Brd threnody, etc), despite that all the spells got off clean. We ended up noticing that every time we landed Blitzstrahl, it stunned Emperador, and since we know that a mob that's stunned can't be proc'd, the Blu took off all his magic accuracy/blue magic skill gear and equipped a Terra's Staff to drop the magic accuracy for lightning based spells. He was then able to cast a Blitzstrahl that didn't stun Emperador, and it managed to proc grellow.

We then had a couple other runs with Emperador where it was Blitzstrahl that was the grellow proc, and even with the changes to the Blu's gear, there were times when he'd still stun Emperador with it, and any time he did it wouldn't proc, but when he could land it and it wouldn't stun, it'd proc.

For me, it's clear that Blitzstrahl's stun has to fail in order for it to be able to proc grellow.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 22:17:33  
I mean I've never had to do any of that to get it to proc lol
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-02-01 22:26:11  
Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:
I first noticed it a few days ago when my group was fight Emperador de Altepa and we went though absolutely everything that was lightning based to proc grellow multiple times with no success (Raiton: Ni, Brd threnody, etc), despite that all the spells got off clean. We ended up noticing that every time we landed Blitzstrahl, it stunned Emperador, and since we know that a mob that's stunned can't be proc'd, the Blu took off all his magic accuracy/blue magic skill gear and equipped a Terra's Staff to drop the magic accuracy for lightning based spells. He was then able to cast a Blitzstrahl that didn't stun Emperador, and it managed to proc grellow.

We then had a couple other runs with Emperador where it was Blitzstrahl that was the grellow proc, and even with the changes to the Blu's gear, there were times when he'd still stun Emperador with it, and any time he did it wouldn't proc, but when he could land it and it wouldn't stun, it'd proc.

For me, it's clear that Blitzstrahl's stun has to fail in order for it to be able to proc grellow.

That is interesting...our group was fighting Orthrus and the trigger element was also lightning magic. After spending forever doing and redoing every single spell we could multiple times over, we just ended up killing it off out of frustration. Certainly I landed Blitzstrahl again and again cleanly, but this might have accounted for the trouble.
 Odin.Lowblow
サーバ: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-01 22:28:22  
Thats strange. I guess thats exactly what SE is going to be fixing. I was curious to why they listed blitz