Abyssea 30-90 {wut do}
 Alexander.Odaka
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:10:16  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Alexander.Odaka said:
see now, i burned my blm from 42 to 90, and i can play it very well, and my elemental skill is nearing its cap being currently at 325. i bought every HQ ele staff (cba to do trials, i cant stand them) and im already working on getting +1 and +2 Goetia gear. im already gonna get rated down since im posting again. >.> seem to already of pissed off some people with a simple question of how i should go about doing my blue mage properly.
Trust me, the trial staffs are worth it :P

x_x

Ramuh.Laffter said:
I'll be honest here, I get pretty disappointed when I see that people have leveled my favorite job entirely through abyssea. I have a guy in my LS that did it recently, and another that did it when the cap was raised to 90.

There's one common factor in both of these people.

They suck at the job.

Maybe you won't. You'll have to prove to other people that you don't.

i have had my blm at 90 for over a month, i know to not spam my highest nukes every second due to being squishy.

its pretty simple freakin logic, but i see some blms that dont quite get it thru their thick skulls D:
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-30 02:12:03  
I had a party in which a clearly abyssea-burned BLU was, judging from the Bludgeon casting at 90 and wearing full AF.

You can see my concern here.
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:12:39  
indeed i do...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 02:20:36  
Alexander.Odaka said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Alexander.Odaka said:
see now, i burned my blm from 42 to 90, and i can play it very well, and my elemental skill is nearing its cap being currently at 325. i bought every HQ ele staff (cba to do trials, i cant stand them) and im already working on getting +1 and +2 Goetia gear. im already gonna get rated down since im posting again. >.> seem to already of pissed off some people with a simple question of how i should go about doing my blue mage properly.
Trust me, the trial staffs are worth it :P

x_x

Ramuh.Laffter said:
I'll be honest here, I get pretty disappointed when I see that people have leveled my favorite job entirely through abyssea. I have a guy in my LS that did it recently, and another that did it when the cap was raised to 90.

There's one common factor in both of these people.

They suck at the job.

Maybe you won't. You'll have to prove to other people that you don't.

i have had my blm at 90 for over a month, i know to not spam my highest nukes every second due to being squishy.

its pretty simple freakin logic, but i see some blms that dont quite get it thru their thick skulls D:

And pft, spam tier5, tank the mob like a boss with manawall!
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:22:18  
lol you should see the abyssea xp party im in now

i just do a water v for 2700 and i have to sit here and tank the mob until someone finally realizes the blm is tanking D:

not as fun as it looks sometimes lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 02:25:41  
But, ontopic.
I burned my BLU from 30 to 90 not so long ago, and I havent been rushing to get all my spells, but it takes awhile to actually make the job possible to use for stuff at all.
My skill is finally at around 350 and starting to get most spells now >_<
Just do no rush your BLU into stuff without getting it set up properly first, because it's pretty damn useless without good spells etc :P
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-30 02:25:52  
Since you don't currently have an LS, your priority should be on getting grellow spells, and then getting into an LS. After skill, gear is a huge priority.

Yes I know, gear doesn't make a player, but gear does help you break limits. Do what you can to get your gear, I see you have THF, perhaps you should try working on an eva kit (if you don't have one already) and soloing some seals, to potentially make you more desirable to an LS.

From my experience people who make shout groups are usually more frowned upon than others, and are less likely to get into a decent linkshell, and will just be left for those linkshells who are hurting for members. Which is obviously not a linkshell you would like to be in. Mind you, joining shout groups is a completely different story.
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:26:59  
actually my brother plays odaka now

i play my alt, which is the one i burned blm/blu on

he does have a evasion set that he constantly improves on

ninja edit
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 02:32:58  
Oh, and the best way I've found to skillup is just farming abyssea solo, for KIs or something.
Can try to get a refresh hairpin, takes awhile, let's you skillup alot ^^
Obviously after you get a few decent spells, so you can kill stuff at all:p
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:35:12  
minikin helps with skilling up, its just that they need to freakin take effect so i could get a skillup
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-01-30 02:52:24  
Here is what I did some jobs I "wanted to have 90".

- Get on your best geared job and get gear for your new 90's.
- Skills cap eventually, took me 1 abyssea pt for staff 200-311.
- Get all YELLOW spells and your main spells! Other ones can wait.
- Read wiki, read FFXIAH, ask ingame friends about game mechanics/ hints

Unless you are a absolute noob to beginn with, you will figure out the job quite fast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 02:57:01  
And please, don't be lazy with your gear-sets.
Makes me want to kill a kitten whenever I see a BLU fulltiming gear ;;
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-30 03:30:32  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

There's a BLU on our server that has an Almace but doesnt gear swap to to use the ws.. Brings a tear to my eye D:
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 03:32:30  
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

There's a BLU on our server that has an Almace but doesnt gear swap to to use the ws.. Brings a tear to my eye D:

Yeah, seems to be like the normal blu you see in action D:
Mix of tp and casting gear fulltime! Guaranteed success.
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-30 03:36:39  
Same thing with my NIN lol.. it was burned from 37-90 and i've been trying my best to work on it.

This is just some key pieces i have for it... not a specific set.
i *** love nin though ^^
[+]
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2011-01-30 03:53:53  
Shiva.Gylfie said:
I can see the hating towards those who aby leech their way to 90, but you know what? In the right hands it can be pulled off still. I did it myself, WAR68-90 and NIN54-90, and yet I'm better geared than half my server.

Though, there is always someone on my server who looks like this.

Edit: They have a Masamune. >_>

They're using a twilight belt now instead. <_<

Now to the OP, I have someone in my LS who did the same thing on BLU, and he was incredibly useless (if you read this, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT) I cannot stress this enough, if you want to play BLU with your LS GET GRELLOW SPELLS

All other spells should come AFTER grellow, not before.

r...o.....f....l.....m....f....a...o... Only on Shiva.
 Asura.Sandolphon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-01-30 04:00:14  
ok, if you want to do aby ***, do what these folks say and get the grellow spells. as far as other great spells that are pretty much necessary to be any good:

Frenetic Rip
Hysteric Barrage
Disseverment
Goblin Rush
QUADRATIC CONTINUUM
Benthic Typhoon
Whirl of Rage
Dream Flower
Diamondhide
Occultation
Animating Wail
BATTERY CHARGE
Regeneration
Plenilune Embrace
Vertical Cleave

And i know there are probably some better blus than i that can add and subtract from the list. Also, get Savage Blade if you dont have it yet...and Expiacion so you can self sc tier III skill chains. Please dont gear yourself like a mage with all mp plus ***like ive seen people doing. And get ALL spells eventually, SHOW SOME IMMORTAL PRIDE, GODDAMM!
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-30 04:14:09  
Shiva.Kollosis said:
Same thing with my NIN lol.. it was burned from 37-90 and i've been trying my best to work on it.

i *** love nin though ^^

These are my war and nin sets (both the jobs I aby leeched)
WAR

NIN

I don't have much for nin :< cuz its +2s are on things we haven't really done much after my more priority jobs got finished, but soon we begin sandworm spam so I get to +2 my hat :D
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-30 05:59:07  
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Shiva.Kollosis said:

i *** love nin though ^^

These are my war and nin sets (both the jobs I aby leeched)
WAR

NIN

I don't have much for nin :< cuz its +2s are on things we haven't really done much after my more priority jobs got finished, but soon we begin sandworm spam so I get to +2 my hat :D

What a badass.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-30 07:13:54  
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
I can see the hating towards those who aby leech their way to 90, but you know what? In the right hands it can be pulled off still. I did it myself, WAR68-90 and NIN54-90, and yet I'm better geared than half my server.

Though, there is always someone on my server who looks like this.

Edit: They have a Masamune. >_>

They're using a twilight belt now instead. <_<

Now to the OP, I have someone in my LS who did the same thing on BLU, and he was incredibly useless (if you read this, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT) I cannot stress this enough, if you want to play BLU with your LS GET GRELLOW SPELLS

All other spells should come AFTER grellow, not before.

r...o.....f....l.....m....f....a...o... Only on Shiva.

Actually we have them on Levi too!

@OP, BLU prolly one of the worst to key leech and complete due to having to get all those spells lol. Most people just spam pollen (when afk w/script) if your bored, or could just lvl it while spell farming.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 07:21:00  
Abyssea mnk here

[+]
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-30 07:50:03  
I dont find abyssea leveling an issue, my rule of thumb is that a person take their first job to 70+ before doing abyssea, i know its tough (it was for me) but it's worth i to build much needed skills up (Evasion, Parry, shield, etc)

leveling up a weapon is easy enough, just requiring the time to take the skill upwards (somewhere 200+ you can go to abyssea and do some dmg and bring it up higher in there)

I would say mage leveling in abyssea is not advisable, seeing how magic skills can be a pain to level, more so the combat only ones (healing/enhancings not so bad)

Id say only take a mage through it if you leveled another job that go thte skill ups already (Like i sped level my whm up, cause i took pld up the normal way, so healing, enhancing and divine were at high points)
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-01-30 08:01:39  
Asura.Alexstaifter said:
I dont find abyssea leveling an issue, my rule of thumb is that a person take their first job to 70+ before doing abyssea, i know its tough (it was for me) but it's worth i to build much needed skills up (Evasion, Parry, shield, etc)

leveling up a weapon is easy enough, just requiring the time to take the skill upwards (somewhere 200+ you can go to abyssea and do some dmg and bring it up higher in there)

I would say mage leveling in abyssea is not advisable, seeing how magic skills can be a pain to level, more so the combat only ones (healing/enhancings not so bad)

Id say only take a mage through it if you leveled another job that go thte skill ups already (Like i sped level my whm up, cause i took pld up the normal way, so healing, enhancing and divine were at high points)

Out of the mage skills, healing and enhancing are a lot harder to skill up than enfeeble/elemental or darkskill at least in my experience anyway.
 Sylph.Grievor
user: Grievor
By Sylph.Grievor 2011-01-30 08:27:02  
Yeah burning in abyssea is a bit depressing sometimes, but as it stands, abyssea BROKE regular party leveling, sure, theres more camps availible, less mob competition, but... well i mean really as much as i dislike it, you cant find much at all, the other day i planned to build a party and, i coulda built one but... Well what do i do with the only availible classes seeking being bst, dnc, pup?

Though i do agree, gotta skill and gear most of all, im still working on both for jobs i did level the normal way, blm mostly, ut, tleast gear is easier with the new empyreon being pretty respectible (usually,) and perle, yeah it isnt the best, but it can be fulltimed without really being a drain on the group, you just arent up to your potential... Dunno how bad i am at my jobs but i have been up to par as best i can, picking up spells i need as i go, getting sufficent gear as i go.

For you if you ask me where to go now that its over and your blu is up, go grab some dominions, 2 augmented firmaments (for now) and mix and match +1 empy, Aurore and Teal as needed, grab your /nin and get out there and pick up all the spells on the list in order as you go, skip what you dont like i guess, farm seals on your blm (who doesnt love a blm in a seal party?) and spy on the competition, see what other blu use and how hard it is to get, doing that and maybe picking up a magian sword or two should get you adequate.

/recast superpost 1 month.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
サーバ: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2011-01-30 09:40:50  
Quote:

Asura.Alexstaifter said:

Out of the mage skills, healing and enhancing are a lot harder to skill up than enfeeble/elemental or darkskill at least in my experience anyway.

I agree 100%. I have been playing White Mage for the better part of 6 years now (I go to every LS event as it and Cure bomb like a crazy person most the time) Yet I just capped my healing magic finally last week @.@ My enhancing is still a bit underleveled despite the fact I keep up (or try to) a constant haste cycle, protects, shells, barspells, etc etc. Yet my enfeebling magic has been capped since like a week after the raise to 90, with my divine following like a week later.

If you are just starting to skill up an offensive magic skill, besieged is still your best friend. Spam low mp, fast cast time spells and you get .5 like every 2-3 spells, if you ever run out of mp, just die, zone out and come back in again XD Once you get it to a decent level, NMs in abyssea skill you up very fast as well. Either find an easy one and have a friend of yours tank it while you use the same strategy, just spamming small spells, or get a decent macc set and actually stick them during real fights so not only are you gaining more skill but also being useful :D

@Op I have never leveled blu, nor do I plan to, however assuming the skill ups work in the same way as normal mage skills, you could prolly do what I listed above as well. Fast and easy :D
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-30 10:09:40  
Blu has a slightly diffferent issue than other mages burning. You can't just go buy all your spells and then spam them. You got to go learn them from mobs... except you need to skill up some first to be able to actually learn the spells... on top of that most magical offensive blu spells aren't that fast to cast or recast and don't have low mp cost... while the physical ones are hit or miss so until he skills up swd he will be doing alot of missing
 Odin.Akhilleus
サーバ: Odin
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2011-01-30 10:22:45  
BLM isn't the hardest job to play imo, neither is WHM, nuke with one, heal with the other, RDM BLU SCH SMN on the other hand take time, I don't think it's hard to be a good BLM other than having good gear to get 'highest' nuke, I know from being a career SCH how much more complex and how many more macros are needed to play SCH just before you even start casting a spell lol, I know with RDM and BLU, two jobs that crossover melee and mage gear, buyable and R/E how versatile these jobs are and how one player can find their niche on these jobs or cover all bases.

I burned BLU from 42-82, do I feel guilty? Not a chance, why should I? I saved hours of gameplay, I could do other important stuff in RL and in game, It's just trolling to say people shouldnt burn, I'm not even gonna accept a party invite on BLU until my BLU magic is capped and I have all relevant spells, then I can find my play style and gear accordingly.

There are certain jobs I think are much easier to get away with burning than others, like BLM and WHM, I recently burned WHM too and I mplay it most days, even though my healing magic skill isnt capped I still cure for 1.2k+ so I know how to cure, I know what to equip by going onto forums and asking other players, christ its not rocket science.

people just need to get used to the fact people are gonna burn, yeah they may be crappy at their jobs, but if anyone has 20 jobs at lvl 90, even if they hadn't burned, they could only really truly say that they have 1 or 2 nailed cos you cant play all 20 jobs everyday all at once, so screw it, burn away peeps, burn all your jobhs to 99, then when you find your favourite 2-4 jobs, fopcus on gearing them and learning them to the best of your ability, if someobopdy gets stuck and they need as trigger, you can say 'well, hell, guess what I have that job, Im pretty useless at playing it but at least it has a situational; use and everyone benefits, you and the other players involved, so quit moaning you anti burn party trolls. Get levelling =) My name is Omgwheresmyname from Cerberus btw, this is my old account.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-30 10:34:49  
again, people making fun of new comers by making fun of them just because they burn 30-to 90 in 1 day, because now you can lvl up 1 to 90 the normal way /rolleyes
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2011-01-30 10:47:18  
What some people forget, there are no EXP mobs for levels 80-90 that are worthwhile doing. OUTSIDE ABYSSEA.

There are no alternatives.

Exp scrolls? lolumad?
Soloing? in a MMORPG? youaredoingitwrong.
AFburn? Lol same as abyssea -1
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 10:50:41  
You can do campaign!