フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Abyssea 30-90 {wut do}
Abyssea 30-90 {wut do}
First Page 2 3
 Alexander.Odaka
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-29 23:45:45  
So i took my blue mage into abyssea to key whoar (wow man amazing hory shet)

yeah anywho my blue magic skill is 145, missing basically every spell between there

what do you suppose i should do, and what spells should i mainly aim for?
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-29 23:51:10  
all the yellow proc spells and then all the other spells and weapons and then PLAY THE *** JOB RIGHT
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-29 23:52:04  
because i abyssea burned my blue mage means i wont play the job right?

*** yeah.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-01-29 23:53:29  
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuzumoo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Yuzuchan
By Bismarck.Yuzumoo 2011-01-29 23:53:48  
I can't tell if he's trolling or being serious :/
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-29 23:58:43  
Alexander.Odaka said:
because i abyssea burned my blue mage means i wont play the job right?

*** yeah.

You're surprised by that response? Maybe you didn't notice the hundred thousand posts about people being largely disappointed by the people who burned their jobs. Or maybe you didn't run into one of the many many many people who've done this and have no idea, no skill (number or otherwise) and generally no business playing how they now play.

Are you going to be a good blue mage? Maybe. But nobody here knows you from Adam. So next time you ask an opinion or for help, but don't get the answer you want, *** off, because again, no one knows you and YOU are the one asking for something.

[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 00:01:36  
lol
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 00:05:26  
lol. this isnt my only character, i've played blu before, but now that i've burned my blu from 30-90 i didnt know what to do now.

so, yea.

edit - played pre-abyssea*
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-01-30 00:08:19  
Alexander.Odaka said:

you should quit
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 00:09:06  
k
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-30 00:10:00  
Siren.Kaliboi said:
Abyssea burned jobs are pretty lame, no jokes. Especially a job like BLU that you actually need skill to do well at so congrats on being just another douche who decided to abyssea burn a job that they have no previous skill in (as in burning dancer when thief's capped w/ stats etc).
Jesus ***, shut up. Skills cap eventually and it's not like grinding jobs does anything for your ability to play them in the long run. You don't develop skill by whacking colibri for 100+ hours.

OP: you've a couple of alternatives here. You can skill up while hunting spells, or you can try (emphasis on try, this would be quite annoying unless you use a skillup script) to grind your skill up, get the most important spells, and then go back for the rest. The first approach kills two birds with one stone and you can pick target mobs based (roughly) on your current skill level, so it's probably going to be the more effective approach. Exception might be skipping something like Light of Penance til you can learn Everyone's Grudge - again, two birds with one stone.
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 00:11:39  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Siren.Kaliboi said:
Abyssea burned jobs are pretty lame, no jokes. Especially a job like BLU that you actually need skill to do well at so congrats on being just another douche who decided to abyssea burn a job that they have no previous skill in (as in burning dancer when thief's capped w/ stats etc).
Jesus ***, shut up. Skills cap eventually and it's not like grinding jobs does anything for your ability to play them in the long run. You don't develop skill by whacking colibri for 100+ hours. OP: you've a couple of alternatives here. You can skill up while hunting spells, or you can try (emphasis on try, this would be quite annoying unless you use a skillup script) to grind your skill up, get the most important spells, and then go back for the rest. The first approach kills two birds with one stone and you can pick target mobs based (roughly) on your current skill level, so it's probably going to be the more effective approach. Exception might be skipping something like Light of Penance til you can learn Everyone's Grudge - again, two birds with one stone.

jesus freakin christ on a stick, someone who actually gives me a decent answer!

/highfive
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-30 00:19:39  
Get all of your spells, even the useless ones. That should help you get your skill up as you move down the list, and you'll feel good knowing you didn't half *** it.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-30 00:21:42  
Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
Alexander.Odaka said:

you should quit
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-01-30 01:06:33  
Some of the replies to this are pathetic. People actually expect you to lvl the old-fashioned way just to be a 'good' player? The fact that you're even asking this question shows you care about playing the job right, so props to you.

Just get all your spells, spam blue magic until its capped, and learn which combinations of spells give you nice bonuses like auto refresh, etc. All that stuff's available on wiki. Work on getting appropriate gear and learn which spells and which gear-sets are important for which situations.

Right now I'm abyssea burning BST. Once I'm done, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to research gear and farm it on my BLM or SAM, look up BST guides, write pet macros, grind my all skills, and practice the ***out of that job until I can play it right.

Or maybe I should just quit instead. Because everyone who knows anything about this game is going to go grind lizards in Yuhtunga and beetles in Altepa for the next several months instead of taking advantage of Abyssea so they can spend their time doing more productive things, like actually learning the job instead of just mindlessly mashing the same keys over and over again for hours on end. Because that's the smart way to play these days.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-30 01:18:08  
To people who claim GRINDING EXP MADE YOU SKILFUL:

do magian trials make you skilful?
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-30 01:18:08  
I can see the hating towards those who aby leech their way to 90, but you know what? In the right hands it can be pulled off still. I did it myself, WAR68-90 and NIN54-90, and yet I'm better geared than half my server.

Though, there is always someone on my server who looks like this.

Edit: They have a Masamune. >_>

They're using a twilight belt now instead. <_<

Now to the OP, I have someone in my LS who did the same thing on BLU, and he was incredibly useless (if you read this, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT) I cannot stress this enough, if you want to play BLU with your LS GET GRELLOW SPELLS

All other spells should come AFTER grellow, not before.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-01-30 01:19:45  
I remember back at the 75 cap the mountains of sams who wore askar bodies and used shinkokus. Clearly they were good players because they did the whole level grind to get their job to 75. Even better were the great deal of sams who said that their 7 hits were fine because their damage outweighed the massive cutback on weapon skills. All mighty fine players.
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-30 01:21:13  
Shiva.Gylfie said:
I can see the hating towards those who aby leech their way to 90, but you know what? In the right hands it can be pulled off still. I did it myself, WAR68-90 and NIN54-90, and yet I'm better geared than half my server.

Though, there is always someone on my server who looks like this.

Edit: They have a Masamune. >_>

They're using a twilight belt now instead. <_<

Now to the OP, I have someone in my LS who did the same thing on BLU, and he was incredibly useless (if you read this, YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT) I cannot stress this enough, if you want to play BLU with your LS GET GRELLOW SPELLS

All other spells should come AFTER grellow, not before.

LOLtsukiumi
 Shiva.Gylfie
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-01-30 01:23:01  
Shiva.Kollosis said:
LOLtsukiumi
inorite!
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-01-30 01:29:04  
Alexander.Odaka said:
So i took my blue mage into abyssea to key whoar (wow man amazing hory shet)

yeah anywho my blue magic skill is 145, missing basically every spell between there

But Forealz just work on capping your blu magic, more often than not that should be your @1 priority alongside getting grellow spells. Your skills will cap, it will just take time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2011-01-30 01:57:53  
Y'know, my Warrior is completely Abyssea-born. Level it from 30-90, and then started gearing it.

Here's the thing about burning jobs, that job could become the job you are the absolute best at over the job you've been playing for 5 years, or you could just suck at it. I honestly think Warrior is one of my best jobs now over my BLM I leveled to 75 4 years ago, or my WHM I leveled to 75 3 years ago.

2 things affect whether you're good at your job or not:
1- Gear (not super important)
2- Skill

Obviously the latter is more crucial. Just do what you can to try to skill up, get spells, get gear, and learn how to play your job right before you decide to even say you have it.

Here's my WAR's idle set:

Not great, but not bad I guess. Had this job for about 2 or 3 weeks, been working hard to make my only DD job good. I love warrior, it's soooo much fun, but if you're going to level a job up all the way to 90, atleast gear it right, and learn how to play it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-30 02:01:41  
I have yet to actually level a job 30-90 in abyssea.

I plan to do it with COR. :D

Seems like it'll be great fun.
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:02:09  
see now, i burned my blm from 42 to 90, and i can play it very well, and my elemental skill is nearing its cap being currently at 325.

i bought every HQ ele staff (cba to do trials, i cant stand them) and im already working on getting +1 and +2 Goetia gear.

im already gonna get rated down since im posting again. >.> seem to already of pissed off some people with a simple question of how i should go about doing my blue mage properly.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2011-01-30 02:06:02  
Caitsith.Judaine said:
before you decide to even say you have it.

I think that's probably the most important point. If you aren't confident in your job, don't advertise it to your LS when they ask what you can bring. Just keep it in the workshop out back until it's really ready. My SAM has been gimped for a while now, but I don't bring SAM to LS events: I bring BLM, because my BLM is actually pretty decent.

OP: If you're missing Grellow spells on your BLU, don't tell the LS you have BLU, because if they ask you to come and someone else who had BLU could've come and cast those spells instead, they're going to be really pissed when a pop set gets wasted and you can't proc.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-30 02:07:24  
Alexander.Odaka said:
see now, i burned my blm from 42 to 90, and i can play it very well, and my elemental skill is nearing its cap being currently at 325.

i bought every HQ ele staff (cba to do trials, i cant stand them) and im already working on getting +1 and +2 Goetia gear.

im already gonna get rated down since im posting again. >.> seem to already of pissed off some people with a simple question of how i should go about doing my blue mage properly.
I'll be honest here, I get pretty disappointed when I see that people have leveled my favorite job entirely through abyssea. I have a guy in my LS that did it recently, and another that did it when the cap was raised to 90.

There's one common factor in both of these people.

They suck at the job.

Maybe you won't. You'll have to prove to other people that you don't.
[+]
 Alexander.Odaka
By Alexander.Odaka 2011-01-30 02:07:47  
I dont have a LS anymore, but even if i join a shout party for whatever the case may be, i dont announce that i have this job but oh its so damn gimped

i'll only bring the job(s) that im best at, so i understand what your saying
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-30 02:08:24  
Alexander.Odaka said:

Trust me, the trial staffs are worth it :P
[+]
First Page 2 3