TP/WS Advice
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 20:27:49  
Titan.Sonoske said:
The equation may say otherwise but as Enternius showed, or if you go play with an FFXI calculator if you play with the same amount of haste/dual wield in the same slots the dual wield always takes the delay down a couple. However even in those cases like at 75 I took my byakkos over Afv2 legs cuz of the TP lowering effect. When saying I gear for Dual Wield > Haste/Stp (Upon needed) First thing I look at is ALL the dual wield I can stack outside of haste slots so I dont find myself hurting even more to make up for any TP/hit lost for faster 100TP gain. And other than Iga earring I use most of it but I couldnt justify 1% dual wield for putting me down to 5% DA in gear. As far as haste slots go I try to stick with the highest haste with most benefitial stats. And yes as a NIN I personally side with 25% over exact cap cuz of being tired of dusk gloves and I refuse to go from all black to black with pink or leapord skin hands for a small fraction.

Dual weild is better always solo but anytime you are getting buffs haste is more potent. 5 % to haste or 5% to dual weild being better has to do which which one you currently have more of. Either way should always be going for 26% haste since It is so easy to get. And I agree dusk gloves, Aurore Gloves, and Ocelot Gloves all kinda make me go ;/.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 20:38:19  
The last % of haste is only giving you about 1/2 a % but I still think its worth shooting for that 1/2% with buffs can be quit an increase.

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong here it's only adding about 1/5 % at least with my gear
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 20:58:35  
Ya looks like going from 25% haste to 26% haste asumming
this gear is only .5% faster

Can someone confirm I'm right just wondering for my own self mostly.
 Titan.Sonoske
サーバ: Titan
user: Sonoske
By Titan.Sonoske 2011-03-23 21:02:04  
According to FFXI Calc. reaching 26% in haste only adds .2% Haste from 25% in gear. It shows for exact amounts being 25% in gear being 24.8% and 26% being an even 25%. However it could be wrong but FFXI calc. imo is pretty reliable.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 21:05:42  
Titan.Sonoske said:
According to FFXI Calc. reaching 26% in haste only adds .2% Haste from 25% in gear. It shows for exact amounts being 25% in gear being 24.8% and 26% being an even 25%. However it could be wrong but FFXI calc. imo is pretty reliable.

Ya it depends on what exactly you are wearing but with the item set I posted it gave only .2 % like you said.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-23 21:06:00  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Ya looks like going from 25% haste to 26% haste asumming
this gear is only .5% faster

Can someone confirm I'm right just wondering for my own self mostly.

Lose the neck.. put on a agasaya's or something else. Your ocelot gloves/dusk/what ever else haste hands you wanto to add that gives at least 2%.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-23 21:26:24  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
This is assuming
Nin +2 head has;
haste hands 3% or higher
+2 legs
Twilight belt
+2 feet or ballerines
You'll be over-capping haste and usu feet is better in your tp's feet slot.

Also, I think Dual Wield caps at 50%, but idk.

fell asleep but using nin feet +2 along with legs and head, will, if i'm not mistaken be better than usu feet due to set bonus proc's.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-23 21:34:33  
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
This is assuming
Nin +2 head has;
haste hands 3% or higher
+2 legs
Twilight belt
+2 feet or ballerines

fell asleep but using nin feet +2 along with legs and head, will, if i'm not mistaken be better than usu feet due to set bonus proc's.
You'd have to be consistently holding TP for Iga feet to be better. Set bonus procrate is *** and it's offhand only.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 21:36:13  
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
This is assuming
Nin +2 head has;
haste hands 3% or higher
+2 legs
Twilight belt
+2 feet or ballerines

What is the set bonus exactly dont see alot about it, but it looks pretty terrible if its just +attack.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-23 21:40:02  
extra hit from the offhand weapon
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-23 21:41:31  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
This is assuming
Nin +2 head has;
haste hands 3% or higher
+2 legs
Twilight belt
+2 feet or ballerines

You'd have to be consistently holding TP for Iga feet to be better. Set bonus procrate is *** and it's offhand only.

Well since this is abyssea we are talking about, when should anyone be tping on the mob except for staggers? Even then go pull a nq mob.

Also depending on your skill level, tactical parry is useful, but nothing to boast about. Although if you just bandwagon your nin then your skills suck so this point is moot.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 21:44:04  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Thought that was the innin augment.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-03-23 21:47:43  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Fulltiming full set of +2 gives an extra attack to the off hand weapon.. and it's shitty proc rate. So that's why the +1 body is still the best tp piece on ninja (not including buffs)
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-23 21:49:03  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Fulltiming full set of +2 gives an extra attack to the off hand weapon.. and it's shitty proc rate. So that's why the +1 body is still the best tp piece on ninja (not including buffs)

So they both do almost exactly the same thing expcept one requires use of innin... thats kinda lame.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-24 16:12:26  
Ifrit.Zerovirus said:
Well since this is abyssea we are talking about, when should anyone be tping on the mob except for staggers? Even then go pull a nq mob.
If you have enough people that procing red/blue before the mob dies is an issue on anything stronger than a Visions T1 NM you need to 1) use lower damage weapons while procing and 2) split up your group.

Quote:
Also depending on your skill level, tactical parry is useful, but nothing to boast about. Although if you just bandwagon your nin then your skills suck so this point is moot.
Bandwagon or no your parry rate is going to be 5% on anything of consequence. A better statement would be "depending on whether you need to keep shadows up or not tactical parry may be useful" but still nothing to write home about.

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Innin augment procs on either hand afaik.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-25 01:14:57  
Thank you for being a perfect example of why people who don't understand the mechanics and limitations of damage calculations/simulations should not be spewing their "findings" all over forums.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-25 01:47:39  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/19948/ffxi-melee-damage-comparator-v510-20march2011
How do you get that thing to work? I downloaded the excel spreadsheets and all I get is "its encrypted, gtfo' error.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-25 01:58:16  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Thank you for being a perfect example of why people who don't understand the mechanics and limitations of damage calculations/simulations should not be spewing their "findings" all over forums.
i tried to wrap my head around his triple post non-sense but im high on ponies at the moment D:
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-25 02:02:49  
Wafflechan said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/19948/ffxi-melee-damage-comparator-v510-20march2011
How do you get that thing to work? I downloaded the excel spreadsheets and all I get is "its encrypted, gtfo' error.

Open with microsoft excel I think i dont have it so I couldnt try it out
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-25 02:05:12  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Wafflechan said:

Open with microsoft excel I think i dont have it so I couldnt try it out
correct, if you open it in an excel viewer you cant change anything.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-25 02:19:08  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
i tried to wrap my head around his triple post non-sense but im high on ponies at the moment D:
[+]
 Kujata.Savain
サーバ: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-03-25 05:15:58  
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/19948/ffxi-melee-damage-comparator-v510-20march2011, excel based

Via simulation above: outside of Abyssea ideal TP set is: STR Sekka x2 (Kannagi mainhand for more damage), STR+2 or more in ammo (otherwise bomb core), Iga +2 head, Kub necklace>Chiv chain>Aga collar, Brutal / Supp earrings, Nin Chainmail +1, Aurore Gloves, STR+7/Striogi Ring, Rajas, Atheling Mantle, Twilight belt, Iga+2 pants, Iga+2 feet. Use red curry buns if accuracy is capped.

Haste is considered the first stat to boost/cap. Add DW when able without sacrificing haste: more haste, more WS frequency, more damage. Fstr is factored into regular hits: boost to 999 attack then engage something with a low STR value vs a high STR value: same fstr as factored into WS calculations. Players need to maximize stat boosts from each slot to try to cap haste/add DW/cap acc/cap Fstr (if corresponding attack values are high enough).

In the simulation above my attack cap for the fstr value of 143 was 768. My attack, depending on buffs would flux from 650 to 810 (estimates). I wouldn't need to have capped fstr for melee hits at 650. However, coming as close as possible to that 143 with berserkup would increase melee hits lot.

I'm far from an expert on crit damage / rate but it seems these need to be higher than the marginal boosts Iga cape / torque offer, explaining why consistency beats it over time. They also feel parabolic and from a simulation I tried they seem to curve upward at mid-high values. It's absolutely possible that in a short period of time armor boosting critical rate/damage would cause spike damage, but it would balance over time.

I'm not counting the set bonus because from what I've read they have a 5% activation rate at best. Ballparking each piece to be 1% the extra 2% chance for an extra offhand hit wouldn't outparse, over time, the above TP set.

Disclaimer: The above calculations are based off of stats level 90 monsters inside Abyssea-Uleg would have.

Edited for clarity, hope it helps ninjas out.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-25 05:41:31  
Is Dual wield capped at 45%, 50% or does it not have one?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-25 05:42:12  
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

Does not have its own cap.
Only applies to the attack speed cap, which you need tons of haste to reach aswell as lots of dualwield.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-03-25 05:43:26  
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

There is no dual wield cap there is only a 80% delay reduction cap reached through haste and dual wield.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-03-25 05:43:26  
Ah ok, thanks.

I was panicing then thinking 10% of my dual weld was going to waste lol
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-18 05:06:45  
So I skimmed the four pages, a good handful of it derailed so I had to skim info vs. arguments. I'm trying to make a decision between two TP sets (nin AF body & 27% (25.4) haste vs. full empyrean & 25% haste). I think it's clearly AF body & 27% haste in abyssea with Hi but I see quite a few people wearing the latter. For my question let's assume 100% of the action will be happening with GH,RR,Apoc.

The two sets:

I am new to this and don't know how to change a given item set. Let's assume this next one uses Qirmiz on the ammo slot, Brutal instead of the 1% DW earring, Epona's over Keen.

Edit: Also how about the neck piece? I find the 7 evasion in a DD set to be incredibly useful. I have an Agasaya's and usually choose the emp neck.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7