フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Optimal Gear TP
Optimal Gear TP
First Page 2
 Shiva.Matsuro
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nia
By Shiva.Matsuro 2011-01-18 20:38:38  
Looking to gear up RNG, so wondering if anyone here could draw up a top of the line set. Thanks in advance.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-28 14:23:52  
This for TP over all I'm sure.
I'm not sure if you only need to use af+3 body when activating velocity shot or if you need to fulltime it.

Macro in this before your shot

This for after Snapshot

Full Set effect I'm not sure of.
Skopo's can get Snapshot+5 as well, Currently only have +4 here but its good if you don't want to redo ACP11.

I have Snapshot+2 on Gule's Mittens so go out there and spam chests!

Full Set Hmmm

edit: Crap the augments Rapid Shot won't work macroing in Snapshot I don't think but still use either as you see fit.

RNG/SAM seems best, with Gandiva VV/RR/Sea Daughter would do wonders.

Phoenix.Hagino
サーバ: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-28 14:32:34  
is what im going with /sam
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-28 14:37:19  
Phoenix.Hagino said:
is what im going with /sam

Very nice, what atmas are you using? VV/Ultimate/Sea Daughter sounds sexy. I know Wildfire would do less with just 1 MATK atma but 7 tick regain is just crazy.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-01-28 14:56:49  
for rng with 4 hit build dont really need sea daughter so im going with damage output.

smoldering sky/burning effigy/gnarled horn i think is what will work best~

edit: might try lone wolf over gnarled horn though~
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2011-02-09 15:09:38  

Would you recommend Loki over AF3 +2?

Siren.Deric
サーバ: Siren
user: Deric
By Siren.Deric 2011-02-09 20:44:39  
AF3+2 has a 10% Rattk bonus on Velocity Shot, so its bit of a question if you're gearing towards a crit-hit build or not; or need the store TP for an x-build.

AF3+2 is the more consistent bet.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-09 20:49:47  
Phoenix.Hagino said:
for rng with 4 hit build dont really need sea daughter so im going with damage output.

smoldering sky/burning effigy/gnarled horn i think is what will work best~

edit: might try lone wolf over gnarled horn though~
Ditch Burning effigy. It doesn't work on wildfire... well not the +ws dmg part. If you have ultimate I'd try that even one of the +30 MAB ones might be better since rng doesn't have much MAB usually and you already have 1 + fire dmg one on
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-10 06:17:40  
thats odd that it doesnt work with wildfire X.x almost HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if that. If that is the case i guess i will try Smoldering sky/ultimate/baying moon until hells guardian :3
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-28 18:32:26  
aside from the minor str increase from hasso, and 15 stp, why do people choose to sub sam over war? i personally sub war and im still able to maintain a 4hit build and have the bonus to ranged attack with berserk.
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-02-28 18:35:49  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
aside from the minor str increase from hasso, and 15 stp, why do people choose to sub sam over war? i personally sub war and im still able to maintain a 4hit build and have the bonus to ranged attack with berserk.
ive always subbed war, but i guess im old school :P
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-28 19:00:57  
Survival? Being able to save a weaponskill in reserve with Sekka?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-28 19:03:22  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
if you are that concerned with survival then you should be sub nin, and the ability to save a ws for a job that has such a low xhit sounds moot compared to what war gives if you ask me.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-28 19:04:35  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
if you are that concerned with survival then you should be sub nin, and the ability to save a ws for a job that has such a low xhit sounds moot compared to what war gives if you ask me.
Honestly I only use RNG for exp settings these days. I hate wasting time casting when I could just pop Third Eye, Kill the mob and be done with it. Plus it's nice for when you cant ruby right away and you have hate because the other DDs are Full perle SAMs with Shinsokus D:
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-28 19:06:59  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Honestly I only use RNG for exp settings these days. I hate wasting time casting when I could just pop Third Eye, Kill the mob and be done with it. Plus it's nice for when you cant ruby right away and you have hate because the other DDs are Full perle SAMs with Shinsokus D:
3i is pretty unreliable for things that counts, but i guess i can wrap my head around gimping yourself because everyone around you is gimp.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-02-28 19:12:23  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
3i is pretty unreliable for things that counts, but i guess i can wrap my head around gimping yourself because everyone around you is gimp.

Yeah SAM sub is basically middle ground.

[Defensive]NIN<->-SAM-<->WAR[Offensive]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-04 14:23:34  
Eh... /SAM's ability to Sekkanoki is less about saving a weaponskill and more about providing you the ability to self-skillchain. I'm aware the average archery Ranger doesnt really get much from that, since the best self-skillchain they can do is what... Reverb (lol)? Marksmanship users can get a little more out of it with the ability to self-skillchain light (Trueflight to Detonator). Annihilator users can self-skillchain both Light and Darkness, which can prove invaluable in certain situations.

On top of that, Meditate and the Store TP job trait from /SAM usually provides a much higher weaponskill frequency, and thus a higher DPS overall.

If you want to discuss it from a TP standpoint... keeping a 4/hit or even 5/hit while /WAR usually means sacrificing a lot of R.Att gear during the TP phase, and /WAR's job traits usually aren't enough to bring that extra damage back. While /SAM, you can keep the same hit build and pile on more R.Att gear to produce higher damage shots during the TP phase, thus leading to an overall higher DPS.

You could have just parsed yourself a few times on something that lives longer than 30 seconds and have figured all this out. /WAR might give you higher numbers on weaponskills, but /SAM is the superior subjob for most situations.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-04 15:51:33  
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
Eh... /SAM's ability to Sekkanoki is less about saving a weaponskill and more about providing you the ability to self-skillchain. I'm aware the average archery Ranger doesnt really get much from that, since the best self-skillchain they can do is what... Reverb (lol)? Marksmanship users can get a little more out of it with the ability to self-skillchain light (Trueflight to Detonator). Annihilator users can self-skillchain both Light and Darkness, which can prove invaluable in certain situations.

On top of that, Meditate and the Store TP job trait from /SAM usually provides a much higher weaponskill frequency, and thus a higher DPS overall.

If you want to discuss it from a TP standpoint... keeping a 4/hit or even 5/hit while /WAR usually means sacrificing a lot of R.Att gear during the TP phase, and /WAR's job traits usually aren't enough to bring that extra damage back. While /SAM, you can keep the same hit build and pile on more R.Att gear to produce higher damage shots during the TP phase, thus leading to an overall higher DPS.

You could have just parsed yourself a few times on something that lives longer than 30 seconds and have figured all this out. /WAR might give you higher numbers on weaponskills, but /SAM is the superior subjob for most situations.
you gain only 15 stp from /sam and we now have alot of rng specific gear that provides ratk and stp ie: gear like loki's, you lose almost nothing from maintaining a 4hit /war. you do gain berserk which is up for 3 minutes, this not only affects your ws dmg, but also affects your typical /ra attacks which in it'self is much more profitable than 60 tp every 3 minutes not to mention the use off VV kind of punts that ut of the window anyways. sekko is nice but if you choose to use your non-elite ws just so you can make a sc you lose out on dmg, the use of it with jishnu "may" provide the sc equivelent affect of an additional ws, but that is hard pressed compared to what /war gives overall not to mention that you end up having to compete for dmg with other DD's *** are more than happy to ruin your sc or open/close one for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-04 16:04:13  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:

you gain only 15 stp from /sam and we now have alot of rng specific gear that provides ratk and stp ie: gear like loki's, you lose almost nothing from maintaining a 4hit /war. you do gain berserk which is up for 3 minutes, this not only affects your ws dmg, but also affects your typical /ra attacks which in it'self is much more profitable than 60 tp every 3 minutes not to mention the use off VV kind of punts that ut of the window anyways. sekko is nice but if you choose to use your non-elite ws just so you can make a sc you lose out on dmg, the use of it with jishnu "may" provide the sc equivelent affect of an additional ws, but that is hard pressed compared to what /war gives overall not to mention that you end up having to compete for dmg with other DD's *** are more than happy to ruin your sc or open/close one for you.

Honestly the main reason /SAM would win out is that a dead RNG or double weak RNG does no damage :P

Also weird thing I could swear that Stalwarts also boosts ranged attack.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-04 16:09:21  
well the only thing really threatening to a rng is NMs you have sleep arrows for anything else, as for stalwarts, i use rng for events that includes alot of NM camping, once time is built there is no supply of stalwarts.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Gacktcamui
user: gourryzyx
By Asura.Gacktcamui 2011-04-29 12:58:39  
I have a question that I can't seem to get answers from anywhere I looked.

Can you macro in rapid shot gears before firing and then switch back to true TP gear? (e.g. entois trousers -> Sylvan Bragues +2)
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-04 01:27:38  
I recently finished collecting all my currency for Annihilator tonight(Still need attestation(0/2), and fragment).

Instead of necro bumping, or creating a new thread I guess this would be the best one to ask in.

Does anyone have an ideal/optimal TP set for an Anni RNG? Also if anyone has a Coronach set they are happy, it with would be awesome to see what you are working with.
If anyone has any input on the gear sets please let me know. I have an idea of what to use, but I'm sure there is stuff I haven't seen that might work better.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-04 01:30:15  
Bu-Bumping and Grats on the currencies Upbeat, the tough part is over ! :D
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-04 01:33:35  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Grats on the currencies Upbeat, the tough part is over ! :D
Thank you!! :) I'm so excited lol. Hopefully the attestation will drop soon, but if not at least the dynamis once per day update is almost here.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-04 08:12:17  
Yikes, forget what I said. :o
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-04 08:14:28  
Thanks serj! Is that with /SAM or /WAR? I have/can easily get pretty much all that stuff in the set aside from Rose Strap, I would probably just swap out Scout's belt for Goading belt till I do enough campaign to rank up that high.

Anyone else have a Anni TP/Coronach set? I really have no idea on what to use for Coronach.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-04 08:21:20  
Had to swap out cuz I was reading the STP incorrectly, but this seems to be a good set up and something similar to what I'm going for:

Reaches 4-hit with /SAM.

This will change if Crimson/Blood hands are able to have STP augmented on them.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-04 08:27:02  
Carbuncle.Shokox said:
Had to swap out cuz I was reading the STP incorrectly, but this seems to be a good set up and something similar to what I'm going for:

Reaches 4-hit with /SAM.

This will change if Crimson/Blood hands are able to have STP augmented on them.

Awesome! Aside from Rose Strap I already have all of that stuff. Do you have any idea on what to use for a Coronach set?
First Page 2