users online
Pakistan
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-01-18 21:28:12  
Why is religion even brought up in this context. This is local culture not related at all with Islam.

Ignorances....
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 21:29:18  
I didn't bring up religion.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-19 00:08:37  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Man has the ability to make his own decisions regardless of what's in The Bible or any other Ancient Book. Man is NOT blameless. I don't believe that people should be so quick to blame God for things that are their own fault.
The god of those religions dogmas is an angry, jealous, self righteous *** so it is not hard to understand that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

you seem fairly angry yourself ^^

Anyone ever tell you that you suck at figuring out people?

Let me get to that crap above now..
typical /i'm not mad spicy post :D
you are just a metal head which is why you are easily confused with angry.

I am just not angry at anyone here, it is rather simple.
you are just very metal with them.

What does that even mean?
it means that when you make a post you do it in a very metal way.
metal: abrasive youthful attitude.

So you are making up definitions like Jet now huh?

POIDH!

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-19 00:09:54  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Spic, you really can't point out things in the Old Testament and say that they are still valid since Jesus came to the Earth and bought a new covenant for God's people, his teachings sent from God are the pinnacle of the Christian faith and not how God has wanted humanity to be in millennia past. If you want to say anything condones slavery then say it is Judaism who did not accept that Jesus' message was from God and still follow Levitical laws.

Fine, I shall get some New Testament material for you.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

Even Jesus you say?! Oh noez!

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

old is still very relevant for those who give a rats *** about Jesus

Matthew 5:
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

just sayin'
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-19 00:10:27  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Man has the ability to make his own decisions regardless of what's in The Bible or any other Ancient Book. Man is NOT blameless. I don't believe that people should be so quick to blame God for things that are their own fault.
The god of those religions dogmas is an angry, jealous, self righteous *** so it is not hard to understand that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

you seem fairly angry yourself ^^

Anyone ever tell you that you suck at figuring out people?

Let me get to that crap above now..
typical /i'm not mad spicy post :D
you are just a metal head which is why you are easily confused with angry.

I am just not angry at anyone here, it is rather simple.
you are just very metal with them.

What does that even mean?
it means that when you make a post you do it in a very metal way.
metal: abrasive youthful attitude.

So you are making up definitions like Jet now huh?

POIDH!

*facepalm*

sorry I'm in a good mood and saw that in the kclub thread and couldn't resist :D
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-19 05:09:17  
wow Spic, are you serious? NEITHER of the passages you quoted state that it is ok or that one should keep slaves, Jesus is addressing the issue because he knows it happens, not because he wants it to happen and continue to happen.

Cerberus.Starr said:
It does not say in the Bible that the people in Sodom were homosexual or having anal sexnslation etc before you claim to have an opinion or knowledge on it.

Oh! Almost missed this one!

Yeah, where do you think the term sodomy comes from?

When those men said they wanted to *** (oh sorry, "know") those angels they were just going to engage in oral right?

*sigh*

What is so wrong with orgies too?

Ok first of all, the scripture actually says "bring them out so we shall KNOW them", now.... in the original language it was translated from "know" could mean one of two things, 1. Know who they are 2. Have sex with them, and it's not certain which it should be translated to. Assuming it was sex even, 1. How do you know the angels were men? 2. The angels were sent down way AFTER God had decided to destroy Sodom. 3. It still nowhere mentions homosexuality as the basis for his decision. You have proved NOTHING, but I'm sure in your own head you totally pwned that point, right? No.

@Jet, knew that would come up and you kinda have a point but consider this as one of a handful I could and will mention when I get time: The Jews are about to stone a woman accused of adultery and ask Jesus if it is wrong, he replies "He who is without sin, cast the first stone" and not one can accuse her and punish her. In the Law (Levitical laws) it is 100% positive she would have been rightfully killed, but Jesus disagreed with that, so how could he both 1.Overwrite a Levitical law. 2.Attain to ALL Laws and believe none should or will ever be overwritten? They are incompatible if you take both as their literal meaning, Jesus does not mean that we should attain to the Laws to the extent that they are FOREMOST over the new covenant and teachings he bought, to love thy neighbour, others as oneself, humility etc. You can't just throw random scripture in and say ZOMG LOOK I R WRITE, you have to understand the meaning behind it etc before it has any basis for an argument.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-01-19 12:15:07  
Cerberus.Starr said:
wow Spic, are you serious? NEITHER of the passages you quoted state that it is ok or that one should keep slaves, Jesus is addressing the issue because he knows it happens, not because he wants it to happen and continue to happen.

Cerberus.Starr said:
It does not say in the Bible that the people in Sodom were homosexual or having anal sexnslation etc before you claim to have an opinion or knowledge on it.

When those men said they wanted to *** (oh sorry, "know") those angels they were just going to engage in oral right?

*sigh*

Ok first of all, the scripture actually says "bring them out so we shall KNOW them", now.... in the original language it was translated from "know" could mean one of two things, 1. Know who they are 2. Have sex with them, and it's not certain which it should be translated to. Assuming it was sex even, 1. How do you know the angels were men? 2. The angels were sent down way AFTER God had decided to destroy Sodom. 3. It still nowhere mentions homosexuality as the basis for his decision. You have proved NOTHING, but I'm sure in your own head you totally pwned that point, right? No.

@Jet, knew that would come up and you kinda have a point but consider this as one of a handful I could and will mention when I get time: The Jews are about to stone a woman accused of adultery and ask Jesus if it is wrong, he replies "He who is without sin, cast the first stone" and not one can accuse her and punish her. In the Law (Levitical laws) it is 100% positive she would have been rightfully killed, but Jesus disagreed with that, so how could he both 1.Overwrite a Levitical law. 2.Attain to ALL Laws and believe none should or will ever be overwritten? They are incompatible if you take both as their literal meaning, Jesus does not mean that we should attain to the Laws to the extent that they are FOREMOST over the new covenant and teachings he bought, to love thy neighbour, others as oneself, humility etc. You can't just throw random scripture in and say ZOMG LOOK I R WRITE, you have to understand the meaning behind it etc before it has any basis for an argument.
Or you could look up the quote on google, go to a bible website, and then use the arguments that you found there. And then say you understand it.

And what is so wrong with orgies, too?
Cerberus.Starr said:

Mark 12:28
"28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

This is what I am referring to when I say the MOST IMPORTANT teaching of Jesus is, to love and treat everyone else as you would like to be treated. Does this directly say do not enslave people? No. Is enslaving someone treating them how you would like to be treated? No, therefore it is shunned by the teachings of Jesus Christ, which is the basis for Christianity. If you don't understand and/or accept that then you are an idiot.

One, you are assuming that everyone wants to be free. Some normal people are perfectly happy having someone else make all their decisions for them and providing for them. And no, that is not talking about nutcases. What the hell does love have to do with slavery?
Cerberus.Starr said:

The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

This is what I am referring to when I say the MOST IMPORTANT teaching of Jesus is, to love and treat everyone else as you would like to be treated.
If you don't understand and/or accept that then you are an idiot.
I'm happy you think that you are an idiot? /shrug

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-01-19 12:57:44  
Boom earthquake!
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-19 13:14:24  
Quote:
Or you could look up the quote on google, go to a bible website, and then use the arguments that you found there. And then say you understand it.

I never got it from a website, I saw it discussed in a debate in a video I saw on YouTube, try again.

Quote:
One, you are assuming that everyone wants to be free. Some normal people are perfectly happy having someone else make all their decisions for them and providing for them. And no, that is not talking about nutcases. What the hell does love have to do with slavery?

Of course everyone wants to be free, to depend on someone is not to be their slave. I am more intelligent than you, prove me wrong.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-19 13:30:32  
Cerberus.Starr said:

Cerberus.Starr said:

*sigh*

easy, he was a hypocritical *** and he wanted the *** kept alive for his own selfish reasons
By Wombat 2011-01-19 13:34:38  
o.o

Mornin' Jet
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-01-19 13:46:26  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Quote:

I never got it from a website, I saw it discussed in a debate in a video I saw on YouTube, try again.

Quote:

Of course everyone wants to be free, to depend on someone is not to be their slave. I am more intelligent than you, prove me wrong.

Hey, you are the one calling yourself an idiot. Read what you wrote.

Please, prove that everyone wants to be free.

Logical proof. Not Youtube proof.

Cerberus.Nutt
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-19 14:04:30  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
I laughed, but God doesn't hate ***. I was discussing this not 2 hours ago, God sees a man who fornicates with a woman in the same light as a homosexual, he does not weigh any sin more than another.
its a shame he didnt think that when he saw them plowing each in the butt in Sodom when he dropped them fireballs. Its in the bible, so it must be true.

They were punished because they continued to disobey the law at that time (the 10 Commandments).
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-19 14:08:14  
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
I laughed, but God doesn't hate ***. I was discussing this not 2 hours ago, God sees a man who fornicates with a woman in the same light as a homosexual, he does not weigh any sin more than another.
its a shame he didnt think that when he saw them plowing each in the butt in Sodom when he dropped them fireballs. Its in the bible, so it must be true.

They were punished because they continued to disobey the law at that time (the 10 Commandments).
....It didn't exist at the time. The story about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah occurred in Abraham's time (Lot being Abraham's nephew), which is all before the 12 tribes of Israel, which is a bit before enslavement in and exodus from Egypt, which is before the Ten Commandments and Mosaic law.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-01-19 14:09:09  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Oh, now you are just sounding like Stanflame. WE, are still waiting to hear what is wrong with orgies. If that *** of a god destroyed sodom for sexual deviance and turning away from him (we will just ignore that word sodomite as really there is no reason for me to argue your youtubes interpretation) then we would like to know why orgies (since you mentioned it probably being a reason of sexual deviance and hence destruction) are a reason to destroy a city of people. Honestly what are we going to do if there is a town of all straight atheists who love orgies? Watch as god destroys it? The guy is just a complete ***.

I can't tell if your serious or not.... entertaining none the less..

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2011-01-19 14:35:26  
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Oh, now you are just sounding like Stanflame. WE, are still waiting to hear what is wrong with orgies. If that *** of a god destroyed sodom for sexual deviance and turning away from him (we will just ignore that word sodomite as really there is no reason for me to argue your youtubes interpretation) then we would like to know why orgies (since you mentioned it probably being a reason of sexual deviance and hence destruction) are a reason to destroy a city of people. Honestly what are we going to do if there is a town of all straight atheists who love orgies? Watch as god destroys it? The guy is just a complete ***.

No, he mentioned Sodom was destroyed with sexual deviance as one of its causes. He mentioned orgies, so I am seriously teasing him over it wanting to know why he thinks orgies are bad.

context:

You are 9 years old, it is late at night, you are in your bed under confortable sheets trying to fall asleep after a good night story from your mom. You suddenly hear noises in your mother and father's room so you decide out of curiosity to go check out whats happening. You dont know anything about sex and why it is done, you walk in and find the following:

A. Your mother taking it hard in the *** by some guy you dont know while another guy is satisfying her from below, all of this while she is sucking your father off. The guy behind your mother tells you to go to bed while your father nodes to it.

B. Your mother and father in a kinda of a strange position on the bed breaking their swet. Your father tells you to go back to bed.

Choose which situation's explanation the morning after it has happened would make you grow up in a more normal matter.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-19 14:38:08  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

....It didn't exist at the time. The story about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah occurred in Abraham's time (Lot being Abraham's nephew), which is all before the 12 tribes of Israel, which is a bit before enslavement in and exodus from Egypt, which is before the Ten Commandments and Mosaic law.
so did Sodom get fire bombed cz they were ***? or for something else?
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-19 14:44:44  
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Hey, you are the one calling yourself an idiot. Read what you wrote.

Please, prove that everyone wants to be free.

Logical proof. Not Youtube proof.
No, I'm not, because I do understand it and don't make fallacious points.

I don't need to prove it, it's common sense.

The logic you are using is NO different than for me to say that if you claim Evolution is real that you cannot use Charles Darwin's theory to substantiate it because it is not your proof. The research I educate myself from is not a random guy on YouTube, that is just one of the places where I have seen professors in Christian theology that know Aramaic explaining mis-translations. I do wish there was some intelligence out there.
By Wombat 2011-01-19 14:47:36  
The sexuality of the Sodom story is really inconsequential. I had a professor who used to argue that the whole story was meant to teach hospitality.

Two angels (dressed as travelers) go to Sodom. Lot and his family respond to the travelers by taking them in, feeding them, etc. The rest of the city reacts to the presence of the travelers by forming a mob and demanding that Lot send the travelers out so they can "know" them.

The Hebrew verb which roughly translates to "know" is used in many different ways throughout the Old Testament (not just two ways as Starr stated before). In this passage it is quite likely an unspecific way of saying that the people of Sodom want to do wicked things to the travelers--steal their belongings, murder them, and maybe even rape them. However, even if rape is implied, it's not the point of the story, it's just a detail of their wickedness.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-19 14:48:47  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

so did Sodom get fire bombed cz they were ***? or for something else?
According to Genesis 18, what they were doing was defined as sin. But, as most Biblical scholars point out, the point is--ironically--to illustrate God's mercy, as Abraham asks, "'May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten [righteous men] can be found there?' [God] answered, 'For the sake of ten [righteous men], I will not destroy [Sodom and Gomorrah].'"

I've edited it for context, but if you want to read the entire passage, it's Genesis 18-19.

In a way, it's sort of an illustrative microcosmic version of the Christian perspective of God and humanity. And I'm sure both sides will bring up the same arguments in either microcosmic or macrocosmic aspects.

-edit- And what Wombat said. XD
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-19 14:48:49  
Also doesn't imply that God destroyed Sodom because of homosexuality.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-19 14:51:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

No, he mentioned Sodom was destroyed with sexual deviance as one of its causes. He mentioned orgies, so I am seriously teasing him over it wanting to know why he thinks orgies are bad.

context:

You are 9 years old, it is late at night, you are in your bed under confortable sheets trying to fall asleep after a good night story from your mom. You suddenly hear noises in your mother and father's room so you decide out of curiosity to go check out whats happening. You dont know anything about sex and why it is done, you walk in and find the following:

A. Your mother taking it hard in the *** by some guy you dont know while another guy is satisfying her from below, all of this while she is sucking your father off. The guy behind your mother tells you to go to bed while your father nodes to it.

B. Your mother and father in a kinda of a strange position on the bed breaking their swet. Your father tells you to go back to bed.

Choose which situation's explanation the morning after it has happened would make you grow up in a more normal matter.

You do realize that at this point in time a child didn't have their own room for the most part? Their parents had sex in the same room with them. Maybe it's weird from our point of view but until only a few hundred years ago everyone -except the seriously wealthy- slept in the same room together to conserve the amount of fuel needed to heat the place or if they couldn't afford fuel for body heat. The animals also slept in there in the winter time.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-19 14:52:56  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Also doesn't imply that God destroyed Sodom because of homosexuality.
In Genesis 19:13 it states that it is the outcry against the wickedness that elicited a response from God. But that's just indirectly implying that the "wickedness" is the cause.
 Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: niktod
By Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook 2011-01-19 14:55:52  
Bahamut.Kara said:
Quetzalcoatl.Serbzook said:
Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

context:

You do realize that at this point in time a child didn't have their own room for the most part? Their parents had sex in the same room with them. Maybe it's weird from our point of view but until only a few hundred years ago everyone -except the seriously wealthy- slept in the same room together to conserve the amount of fuel needed to heat the place or if they couldn't afford fuel for body heat. The animals also slept in there in the winter time.

oh silly me, im terribly sorry, disregard my relatively clever way of stating why orgies are bad and why sexual deviance should be shunned. My ignorance in the housing mechanics of the "back in the days" has proven me wrong. Ill admit to my ignorance, so long live orgies and the bible is bad guyzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninja edit: no picking on ya, just being unreasonably extremist like some ppl in this thread for the sake of sarcasm.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9