サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 16:29:21  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Man has the ability to make his own decisions regardless of what's in The Bible or any other Ancient Book. Man is NOT blameless. I don't believe that people should be so quick to blame God for things that are their own fault.
The god of those religions dogmas is an angry, jealous, self righteous *** so it is not hard to understand that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

you seem fairly angry yourself ^^

Anyone ever tell you that you suck at figuring out people?

Let me get to that crap above now..
typical /i'm not mad spicy post :D
you are just a metal head which is why you are easily confused with angry.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 17:04:54  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:
Man has the ability to make his own decisions regardless of what's in The Bible or any other Ancient Book. Man is NOT blameless. I don't believe that people should be so quick to blame God for things that are their own fault.
The god of those religions dogmas is an angry, jealous, self righteous *** so it is not hard to understand that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I am just not angry at anyone here, it is rather simple.
you are just very metal with them.
metal.
METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
BRUTALLLLLLLLLLLL!
/END

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-01-18 18:15:19  
1. I guess?
2. I'm sure you can find passages in the bible that condone slavery, but where do they preach or practice it now?
3. I don't even know how to respond to that as I couldn't understand the thought you were trying to get across or how it related to what I said.
4. I wasn't trying to insult you, I was pointing out that you show a lack of respect for people you don't even know based on your distaste for religion.
5. Again you comment on this with claiming I'm wrong and using a show made for entertainment to show how you feel about the topic. I get it you have your opinion and I have mine.
6. It does?
7. What I was trying to say is this. I believe it does deter people. While some people are just going to do it no matter what, there are others that sit on the fence and when they weigh out the situation they decide that its not worth it. The thing about the people it deters is you don't realy see it as they don't jump out and say hey! I didn't kill that guy because of the fear of punishment! I would assume they usually don't tell anyone. As for the fear of eternal damnation it's stopped quite a few people from committing actions they would have without it.
8. I suppose. To me it seems like people take it to an extreme with religion without real reason these days other than references from times long gone. Since there's a whole Science v. Religion on the boards here, take the weapons and bombs that were created by science. This clearly is a bad part as it allowed us to kill so many more people with so little effort. How many died with only two bombs dropped? And that is just a small part of the the bad things that have come from scientific development. Does that mean we should sit here and berate scientists and those who put there faith in its roots? No, it doesn't. Good and bad has come from the scientific development of our species just like good and bad has come out of most things.
9. I guess I accomplished my goal then?
10. Ok?

As for me being a bad judge of character... that could be very true. You seem to have a lot of rage you release upon the forums when it comes to religion. Could just be how you are I don't know you...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 18:18:08  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Cerberus.Nutt said:

I am just not angry at anyone here, it is rather simple.
you are just very metal with them.

What does that even mean?
it means that when you make a post you do it in a very metal way.
metal: abrasive youthful attitude.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 18:48:48  
So you are making up definitions like Jet now huh?
slang term dawg.
your reply was so metal.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:27:48  
Spic, you really can't point out things in the Old Testament and say that they are still valid since Jesus came to the Earth and bought a new covenant for God's people, his teachings sent from God are the pinnacle of the Christian faith and not how God has wanted humanity to be in millennia past. If you want to say anything condones slavery then say it is Judaism who did not accept that Jesus' message was from God and still follow Levitical laws.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 20:31:44  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Spic, you really can't point out things in the Old Testament and say that they are still valid since Jesus came to the Earth and bought a new covenant for God's people, his teachings sent from God are the pinnacle of the Christian faith and not how God has wanted humanity to be in millennia past. If you want to say anything condones slavery then say it is Judaism who did not accept that Jesus' message was from God and still follow Levitical laws.
you lost me half way through there.
completely.
brain went ofuck after you used the word pinnacle.
touched base with milennia past. but gah. bold

gah.
flow alert!
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:35:35  
What do you not understand Vinvv?
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-18 20:39:33  
I'd like to point out that Spicyryan has a point, superficially. The Bible does not blatantly condone nor condemn slavery, but makes it a point to display the equality of Man in God's perspective, not a human perspective. It doesn't make a move to revolutionize man-made hierarchies, denominations, or groups--religious, social, racial, political, or otherwise--but rather appeals to Man on a more intimate level, as that is what the Christian faith is about.

Galatians_3.28 said:
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

-edit- Forgot about this one:
1_Corinthians_7.20-24 said:
Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them. Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. You were bought at a price*; do not become slaves of human beings. Brothers and sisters, each person, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:43:21  
Mark 12:28
"28 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

This is what I am referring to when I say the MOST IMPORTANT teaching of Jesus is, to love and treat everyone else as you would like to be treated. Does this directly say do not enslave people? No. Is enslaving someone treating them how you would like to be treated? No, therefore it is shunned by the teachings of Jesus Christ, which is the basis for Christianity. If you don't understand and/or accept that then you are an idiot.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-01-18 20:43:56  
Uh, if you're gonna quote Biblegateway, should probably take away the footnote notations ^^;

-edit- Aaaannd if you're gonna quote that verse, you might wanna, iuno... act it, and not call people idiots. :x

Matthew 5:22, dontcha know!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 20:46:10  
Cerberus.Starr said:
too many extra words.
note!
i said too many, not too complicated, though.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:46:12  
Uh, if you wanna make a point then you are free to attempt to make it. Nothing there disproves what I have quoted and showed as common sense application of the teachings of Jesus.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:47:56  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
too many extra words.
note!
i said too many, not too complicated, though.
Not really... if you take them out then the sentence doesn't make sense, are there simpler words that I could have used to make the same point? Possibly, but they are what come to mind as I was writing.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 20:49:33  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Uh, if you wanna make a point then you are free to attempt to make it. Nothing there disproves what I have quoted and showed as common sense application of the teachings of Jesus.
Is it okay for me to call you an idiot?
seems a bit conflicting with the value's i'd have if i were to become a christian.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:51:43  
It's ok for you to do whatever you want if you're not a Christian, I'm not to judge you. You won't accept the Gospel so it doesn't matter for me to waste time with you on the manner.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 20:54:06  
Cerberus.Starr said:
It's ok for you to do whatever you want if you're not a Christian, I'm not to judge you. You won't accept the Gospel so it doesn't matter for me to waste time with you on the manner.
But what if was to I become one.
Would you be able to give me advice on what I shouldn't do being a new christian?
or do you not do that sort of thing?
being a christian, would it be okay for me to call people stupid as i please?
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:54:53  
I would happily preach the Gospel to anyone who would listen with an open heart and an open mind.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-18 20:56:00  
Cerberus.Starr said:
I would happily preach the Gospel to anyone who would listen with an open heart and an open mind.
Aside from preaching the gospel, would you condone insulting one-another?
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 20:57:16  
I didn't call anyone stupid, it just stands that anyone who could read that passage and not have the intelligence to understand that it disapproves of slavery then they would be so, by the definition of it. It is not me calling it anyone, though I admit I have in previous threads and no, it's not good, but I am not perfectly righteous as no man is.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-18 20:58:28  
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 21:00:31  
I laughed, but God doesn't hate ***. I was discussing this not 2 hours ago, God sees a man who fornicates with a woman in the same light as a homosexual, he does not weigh any sin more than another.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-18 21:02:01  
Cerberus.Starr said:
I laughed, but God doesn't hate ***. I was discussing this not 2 hours ago, God sees a man who fornicates with a woman in the same light as a homosexual, he does not weigh any sin more than another.
its a shame he didnt think that when he saw them plowing each in the butt in Sodom when he dropped them fireballs. Its in the bible, so it must be true.
 Leviathan.Raborn
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2011-01-18 21:10:05  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

I love that show.

Pool Episode. So funny.

"Dude I want Chinese, NO then we'll get some scrawny chinese guy. We need a big italian muscle, lets order pizza."

And then a korean guy delivers the pizza. ahhhhhhhhhhhh television life.

or something of the such
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-18 21:12:09  
It does not say in the Bible that the people in Sodom were homosexual or having anal sex, it says that they were highly active and wrong sexually, most likely orgies. It is from there that people used that, along with anal sex being wrong in the Bible, that they termed anal sex Sodomy, not the other way around.

It's so sad that people constantly claim things are in the Bible that are not, read the thing and the understanding of the translation etc before you claim to have an opinion or knowledge on it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9