Oh Noez Teh Ruby Lightz!!!1!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » oh noez teh Ruby Lightz!!!1!
oh noez teh Ruby Lightz!!!1!
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 10:57:25  
I don't exp much anymore but I grabbed a domi party a week or two ago with a few friends and I am noticing on the site that there is this sudden insane craze where people just go completely off the deep end when someone kill with ruby.. wtf? People being threatened or getting kicked after 1 Ruby kill.

Why are people so scared of Ruby all of a sudden they swear that they will time out if they cap ruby and have little hissy fits. Before Heroes I used to exp on Buggards and after capping Azure and Pearl we would cap Ruby so we would cap Gold light asap. We did not have TE problems and did not get timed out.

***we roll with fell cleave after capping Azure and pearl to specifically get TE so I don't know why everyone is scared shitless now of Ruby.. please explain more than "leaderz are so dumb"
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:02:19  
pics related:

lol why?
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-01-11 11:07:35  
Think they moan cause it "Increases red chest drop rate" instead of blue and zomg 1.2k exp and zomg 10TEs! or something I guess (same with amber!) but getting kicked from party for ruby? wow ;;
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-11 11:13:01  
It's the same as anything else in this damn game. Someone somewhere read on this forum at some point, about someone else complaing about too many ruby and timing out.

So, now "NORUBYKTHNXBAI" is the freaking gospel. People need to seriously chill out. When the ally is destroying multiple enemies at once in most situations, one ruby isn't going to end the party.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:15:13  
Unless I've been strangely mistaken for the past few months I know exactly what Ruby lights do, I just don't understand how that would be such a terrible impact on TE.

If pearl is truly capped your kill rate in any exp group should be yielding good amounts of TE from the mass amount of blue chests regardless to ruby being capped and red chest drop rates being increased.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-11 11:17:21  
Pearl = Increase chest drop
Azure = Increase blue chest drop / tier of blue chests
Ruby = Increase red chest drop / tier of red chests (golden/ebon/etc)

Pearl + Azure lots of blue chests = increase chance of TE

Pearl + Azure + Ruby lots of blue and red chests = less chance of blue chests; less TE compared with scenario above.

If you are in an exp party, you want golden lights for higher EXP. Those are from red chests. If you are just farming time to have lots of time, you want to avoid ruby.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-01-11 11:18:24  
Its a pretty common thing from my knowledge to get kicked for ruby lights, especially in the new zones since it tends to take 2 or 3 lights to cap it. Alot of peopel just want loads of TEs and not all that bothered about capping exp asap. :/ But, with all the atmas folks can get now its pretty damn hard not to get ruby lights.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-01-11 11:20:28  
It's because people are still trying to make this stupid exp/TE hybrid pt... If you are looking for a real exp party you need the ruby for gold to crank up your exp, with out it your looking for an hour+ before you start getting decent exp. At the start there deffinetly shouldn't be any ruby untill azure and pearl are built but after that should be getting atleast half way ruby... i havn't done a full alliance dominion party yet so i dont know if maybe its more of an issue since all the pauses in killing to get new page but in other zones it's deffinetly a face palm when i see that kind of thing. If you are honestly not gaining time with a full alliance you need to kick the afks and /anon leeches and get new members also since most mobs in the older zones are jokes now split your group in to 2 or 3 kill groups to speed things up from less putting away/drawing of weapons. (nukers should be off to the side nuking down mobs of their own not the melee)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:22:01  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Pearl + Azure + Ruby lots of blue and red chests = less chance of blue chests; less TE compared with scenario above.

If you are in an exp party, you want golden lights for higher EXP. Those are from red chests. If you are just farming time to have lots of time, you want to avoid ruby.

A. no one is asking you to define what the lights do here.
B. Azure does not increase blue chest drop rate, it only increases the rewards inside blue chests.
C. You can build a ton of TE with Ruby capped example: Fell Cleave party.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-01-11 11:22:47  
I loled after some guy freaked on me because I killed mob from 80% with a blade jin... as an added note I forgot to switch to WS gear on this one XD
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-11 11:23:48  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

B. Azure does not increase blue chest drop rate, it only increases the rewards inside blue chests.
You were asking why, I gave you the reason why.

Its not IMPOSSIBLE to get TE with ruby lights. However, if 100% of your chests are Blue with only Azure*, the chances of those blue chests being TE are higher. If you divide the amount of Blue chest by 50% to make room for red chests, than you can assume your TEs gain will be cut by 50%.

This is why people avoid ruby.

*I know 100% of chests will not be Blue with only azure, just making a point about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-11 11:27:05  
Couple that with the fact that in random dominion parties people are running back and forth to the dominion guy and in turn you are killing slower. Thus your TE chest rate is cut even more.

I don't like when people get ruby before the amount of time built up is substantial either. Then again I don't party with random people anymore, so I guess it's all moot.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-01-11 11:27:31  
It's ridiculous. Every aby party I go to, I walk away with 400+ minutes, and leader still freaks out about ruby.

"Oh no!!!! We need to have this one absolutely(theoretical)optimal situation or we fail!!!!" No you don't, just play the game.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:28:09  
Asura.Ina said:
It's because people are still trying to make this stupid exp/TE hybrid pt... If you are looking for a real exp party you need the ruby for gold to crank up your exp, with out it your looking for an hour+ before you start getting decent exp. At the start there deffinetly shouldn't be any ruby untill azure and pearl are built but after that should be getting atleast half way ruby... i havn't done a full alliance dominion party yet so i dont know if maybe its more of an issue since all the pauses in killing to get new page but in other zones it's deffinetly a face palm when i see that kind of thing. If you are honestly not gaining time with a full alliance you need to kick the afks and /anon leeches and get new members also since most mobs in the older zones are jokes now split your group in to 2 or 3 kill groups to speed things up from less putting away/drawing of weapons. (nukers should be off to the side nuking down mobs of their own not the melee)

I think you nailed it dude, I hadn't really thought about it.

Yea the more I think about it I bet this other group we joined up with was primarily wanting TE while letting their mules get exp. I don't know why people do this stupid ***. People just need to be more clear on what their objective is and tell the whole *** party.

It's pretty simple, pick an objective and go after it. You want TE make a party for TE. You want exp make a party for exp. You want AF3 feet make a party for AF3 feet (I used to try and cap Amber but now we just leave Amber alone after learning capped amber doesn't yield AF3 feet as often).

I guess my mistake is assuming others are like me, whenever I make a party I am very clear about what the main objective is or if it changes letting everyone know, where these other people try and entice people with exp for help and don't let it be known that they actually want TE or some ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-11 11:31:49  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Unless I've been strangely mistaken for the past few months I know exactly what Ruby lights do, I just don't understand how that would be such a terrible impact on TE.

If pearl is truly capped your kill rate in any exp group should be yielding good amounts of TE from the mass amount of blue chests regardless to ruby being capped and red chest drop rates being increased.

What hypnotizd said. If for instance, you get 6 chests per 8 mobs(can be simplified but used that for this example), with full Azure + Pearl you would most likely get blue chests exclusively. But if you have Azure + Ruby + Pearl, then you /should/ assuming both are capped, get 3 Ruby and 3 Azure chests, therefore lowering your chance @ getting TE by 50%. Depending on kill speed, this is not a problem...

A way that I've been farming time in La thiene, after doing bria spam, is that we go to frogs and I cleave burn them, which starts off with azure exclusively almost, because we try for no ruby during the day. But after Cleave Burning about 4 waves, Ruby spams in, and the chests go from 7/8~ blue and 1/8~ red, to about even as 4/8~ and 4/8~ though it can vary depending on luck.

edit: i forgot to hit enter earlier XD

Also: we went to cleave burn a mule some exp, which they did get nothing @ start (lvl 30) but after spamming ruby chests for gold and ebon, she was getting up to 300/kill... Ruby is definetly a way to go after you max out Azure for /real/ exp parties.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:33:56  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

You were asking why, I gave you the reason why.

Its not IMPOSSIBLE to get TE with ruby lights. However, if 100% of your chests are Blue with only Azure, the chances of those blue chests being TE are higher*. If you divide the amount of Blue chest by 50% to make room for red chests, than you can assume your TEs gain will be cut by 50%.

This is why people avoid ruby.

*I know 100% of chests will not be Blue with only azure, just making a point about it.

People should not try to get exp and TE @ the same time. In an exp party the only goal for TE should be to keep it above 120, it's not difficult to do, if you aren't doing this there is a ton of fail.

If someone wants TE they should just be pulling squishy linkable mobs in whichever zone and raping them with Fell Cleave or some other quick method. They should also not be wasting a full alliances time after /shouting for an exp party as this takes 2-3 people to farm TE.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-11 11:36:32  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

People should not try to get exp and TE @ the same time. In an exp party the only goal for TE should be to keep it above 120, it's not difficult to do, if you aren't doing this there is a ton of fail.

If someone wants TE they should just be pulling squishy linkable mobs in whichever zone and raping them with Fell Cleave or some other quick method. They should also not be wasting a full alliances time after /shouting for an exp party as this takes 2-3 people to farm TE.

Wrong, I've had a BUNCH of parties which started with TE, then spammed Ruby, and the exp is not only amazing, but the time you get is, or should be, just enough to keep you in. Build up to 120~180 minutes, then do ruby, and after ruby is capped, you should be getting a time chest at least every 10 mins, unless luck is definetly not on your side.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:37:08  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

What hypnotizd said. If for instance, you get 6 chests per 8 mobs(can be simplified but used that for this example), with full Azure + Pearl you would most likely get blue chests exclusively. But if you have Azure + Ruby + Pearl, then you /should/ assuming both are capped, get 3 Ruby and 3 Azure chests, therefore lowering your chance @ getting TE by 50%. Depending on kill speed, this is not a problem...

A way that I've been farming time in La thiene, after doing bria spam, is that we go to frogs and I cleave burn them, which starts off with azure exclusively almost, because we try for no ruby during the day. But after Cleave Burning about 4 waves, Ruby spams in, and the chests go from 7/8~ blue and 1/8~ red, to about even as 4/8~ and 4/8~ though it can vary depending on luck.

edit: i forgot to hit enter earlier XD

Also: we went to cleave burn a mule some exp, which they did get nothing @ start (lvl 30) but after spamming ruby chests for gold and ebon, she was getting up to 300/kill... Ruby is definetly a way to go after you max out Azure for /real/ exp parties.

I don't think I've ever seen 50% drop rate of red chests when Ruby and Pearl are capped are you being serious or just talking in theory? Also you will never exclusively get blue chests.

In my experience even when Ruby is capped.. with pearl capped the blue chests outweigh the red, you guy's have seen differently?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-11 11:38:17  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I don't think I've ever seen 50% drop rate of red chests when Ruby and Pearl are capped are you being serious or just talking in theory? Also you will never exclusively get blue chests.

In my experience even when Ruby is capped.. with pearl capped the blue chests outweigh the red, you guy's have seen differently?

I have, when doing Fell Cleave burns in lathiene, but its only when we do the first or 2nd pull, then its usually half and half... But I have seen blue exclusively (maybe a ruby or gold chest every 20 or so) if no other lights are farmed o_o;;

And the 50% Drop rate on red chests, is when ruby /and/ azure are capped, you get about 50% of bothish, unless one of the lights is outweighing the other. At least from my experiences ><;;
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-11 11:38:28  
If I ever accept a party invite it's only to get TEs so that I can drop myself and my mule after, and then farm NMs with the extra time. So I don't agree with your idea of only keeping enough time to keep the party going.

Maybe your alliance leaders and their friends in the party have the same goal?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:38:46  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Wrong, I've had a BUNCH of parties which started with TE, then spammed Ruby, and the exp is not only amazing, but the time you get is, or should be, just enough to keep you in. Build up to 120~180 minutes, then do ruby, and after ruby is capped, you should be getting a time chest at least every 10 mins, unless luck is definetly not on your side.

I'm not saying you don't get a good amount of exp in a TE party I'm just saying it's not the primary goal.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-11 11:39:07  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I completely agree. If you are shouting for an exp party, that should be your main focus. There is still a stigma from the first Abyssea add-on exp parties that people time out with ruby lights. This really shouldn't be an issue anymore since most people should have at least two Lunar Abssite and relevant Atma for their jobs to kill quickly. It seems to me that the people shouting for exp are usually leechs themselves and bring a buddy or two to leech. They invite any gimp that responds to their shouts and its just an uphill battle the whole way to kill fast and get TE.

I'm able to go in with 3 people including myself to farm/kill mobs and get TEs all day long and I'm not anything special with my jobs.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:41:03  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
If I ever accept a party invite it's only to get TEs so that I can drop myself and my mule after, and then farm NMs with the extra time. So I don't agree with your idea of only keeping enough time to keep the party going.

Maybe your alliance leaders and their friends in the party have the same goal?

I guess if you like to play by yourself it's different. I enjoy playing with friends. Any time we need to farm TE we bring a WAR and we fell cleave on squishy linkable mobs. I would never waste 15+ peoples time by shouting for an exp party for the sole purpose of getting TE.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-11 11:43:50  
I think you missed my point though. Maybe your alliance leaders have multiple friends in your alliance, and they want to build up a ***ton of time so that they can farm NMs after your exp party.

I just gave my personal example. But I'm glad you enjoy playing with your friends. I play with mine too, but I don't ask for their help on ***I can do by myself.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2011-01-11 11:44:40  
Oh, I guess I've never seen a party for TE exclusively... aside from dominion maybe? but i dont do dominion a whole lot lol. The only time I've seen TE is LS exclusive (we want to farm NMs, not exp, the exp just comes along anyways with the 5k exp per NM kill and such >.>)

On a side note: time can be farmed low-man, dont know why you'd need an ally to farm time :| lol.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-11 11:46:35  
i do abyssea daily since first addon, i also host lots of abyssea pts , but the problem is that you can have azure/pearl lights caped but once you start doing ruby and ambers.. red/gold coffers pops a lot and it makes blue-TE coffers very hard re-pop again, anyone noticed that ebon lights pop random chests all over? i don't like it, even if they strong up all lights but it makes all colored coffers to pop randomly (hardly TE), i always get on my sch to kill murex/elementals for blue chests just in case it's mess up with ruby , most pts that do ruby they do have issues getting back to TE, most people can't afford losing minutes now, they all look for TE, need time for seal farming and ls events
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 11:48:00  
Lol, I totally agree with the OP.

Yes, it's true that ruby lights will decrease chances of blue chest drop, but only because it increases chances of red chest drop.

Personally, before Heroes was released, I think the "OMG No Ruby lights!!" was more reasonable, but now it's flat-out just nerd-rage only in my opinion. Post-Heroes release, players should have VERY little difficulty acquiring 3 Abyssite of Celerity, and at least 3 (and up to 6?) Abyssite of Sojourn.

So, while we used to be granted 30-70 minutes of Visitant Status time per real-life day, it's fairly easy now to receive 130+ minutes of Visitant Status time per day, just based on Traverser Stones (not Time Extension boxes).

Also, I agree with Ina.
The "EXP/Time Extension hybrid party" is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
If you want EXP, you bring (and omg! use) your Traverser Stones, pop all non-Amber chests, and INCLUDE some Ruby kills, for the sake of getting Golden light from red chests.
If you want Time Extension, yes, avoid Ruby/Ebon Lights, but DO NOT ADVERTISE (shout) your party/alliance as a "EXP party" .... this is a Time Extension party, not an EXP party.

The best recent anecdote I can relate on this topic is recently a player scolded me for popping a Golden light chest. Got "told" the Golden light would hurt our chances of getting Time Extension boxes. After I had a hearty laugh, I tried to explain that Golden light only affects the EXP/kill floor value, and has no influence on the drop rate of blue (Time Extension) boxes. Apparently, this guy didn't know the difference between Amber and Golden.

And thus, I agree with the OP, and respectfully submit this:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-01-11 11:49:16  
I do believe most people have an issue with hoarding stones and the feeling they need TEs. I have a friend that has well over 200 stones, but he feels the need to farm TEs every time he hits abyssea.

I have a feeling a lot of people are like this.
[+]
First Page 2