Oh Noez Teh Ruby Lightz!!!1!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » oh noez teh Ruby Lightz!!!1!
oh noez teh Ruby Lightz!!!1!
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:51:02  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said:

On a side note: time can be farmed low-man, dont know why you'd need an ally to farm time :| lol.

Yes that's what I'm saying, so why are these people doing that lol.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I would never waste 15+ peoples time by
shouting for an exp party for the sole purpose of getting TE.

It only takes a WAR and a WHM throw in a THF to pull and you'll be above 200 TE in no time.

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I play with mine too, but I don't ask for their help on ***I can do by myself.

No one said anything about asking for help, I don't have an alternate account (I know it's shocking someone in 2011 who doesn't use 2 accounts) why would I want TE by myself?

I get TE with friends because we plan on killing NMs in that zone, mostly why anyone would want TE.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 11:52:54  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I do believe most people have an issue with hoarding stones and the feeling they need TEs. I have a friend that has well over 200 stones, but he feels the need to farm TEs every time he hits abyssea.

I have a feeling a lot of people are like this.

For the first time ever, I agree with something Aurilius said.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:54:02  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
i do abyssea daily since first addon, i also host lots of abyssea pts , but the problem is that you can have azure/pearl lights caped but once you start doing ruby and ambers.. red/gold coffers pops a lot and it makes blue-TE coffers very hard re-pop again, anyone noticed that ebon lights pop random chests all over? i don't like it, even if they strong up all lights but it makes all colored coffers to pop randomly (hardly TE), i always get on my sch to kill murex/elementals for blue chests just in case it's mess up with ruby , most pts that do ruby they do have issues getting back to TE, most people can't afford losing minutes now, they all look for TE, need time for seal farming and ls events

I 100% disagree with you man, sorry but my experiences have completely differed. I have only been timed out from an exp party one time and it was due to giant replacements being made after 4-5 hours when I wasn't leading, had nothing to do with Ruby just the new reps would not listen to the leader about recapping lights.
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Striker 2011-01-11 11:54:22  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Unless I've been strangely mistaken for the past few months I know exactly what Ruby lights do, I just don't understand how that would be such a terrible impact on TE.

If pearl is truly capped your kill rate in any exp group should be yielding good amounts of TE from the mass amount of blue chests regardless to ruby being capped and red chest drop rates being increased.
It doesnt have a terrible impact on TE, if your party doesnt suck you will still gain time, only you will actually cap exp, and cruor/kill.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-11 11:57:07  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I do believe most people have an issue with hoarding stones and the feeling they need TEs. I have a friend that has well over 200 stones, but he feels the need to farm TEs every time he hits abyssea.

/guilty, but with reason.

I took a break from FFXI for four months and missed out on a bunch of content during the first abyssea expansion. I've been going back and trying to catch up and using a lot of stones in the process. Quests and stuff you need to zone for basically just eat stones. At one point I was up to nearly 150 stones I think. I'm now hovering around 80 and that keeps going down almost daily even with 8/hr stones.

I know a lot of people still wait on stones daily to enter abyssea with. I don't want to be in that boat :< When I farm NMs I'll spend the first hour building azure and pearl then farm for pops and NMs. Sure it takes longer to get the stuff you want, but you end up not expending any extra stones, getting exp, and generally everyone is thankful for it.

I know this isn't the same as shouting for an exp party, but that is my reasoning for not just putting stones in the meter. I like to know I have that buffer for times when I might need it, like shinryu fight etc.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 11:58:48  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

lol yea I think you're right. Even now I only even bother with TE for the friends who seem to constantly have 0 stones so they can partake in activities with us. I barely even get to play enough so I have no problem wasting time. I wish I could get IRL TE more than in game TE just so I could play more =\
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-01-11 12:06:33  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I wish I could get IRL TE (more than in game TE) just so I could play more =\

Now this is "pure win".
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 12:18:15  
I pt for
A) TEs
B) Farming key items from gold chests.

Ruby interferes with both. I have so much dam exp, I drop gax merits for polearm when I go from war to drg. When I swap back from war I do return them to GAX. About the only thing I can do w/ constant 20 merit points. I don't give a *** about no exp.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-11 12:22:51  

Too much red here, for example. Could have been gold ones w/ NM pops in there. (have to view full pic to see all teh chests, ffxi-ah cuts it off)
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-01-11 13:17:36  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
i do abyssea daily since first addon, i also host lots of abyssea pts , but the problem is that you can have azure/pearl lights caped but once you start doing ruby and ambers.. red/gold coffers pops a lot and it makes blue-TE coffers very hard re-pop again, anyone noticed that ebon lights pop random chests all over? i don't like it, even if they strong up all lights but it makes all colored coffers to pop randomly (hardly TE), i always get on my sch to kill murex/elementals for blue chests just in case it's mess up with ruby , most pts that do ruby they do have issues getting back to TE, most people can't afford losing minutes now, they all look for TE, need time for seal farming and ls events

I 100% disagree with you man, sorry but my experiences have completely differed. I have only been timed out from an exp party one time and it was due to giant replacements being made after 4-5 hours when I wasn't leading, had nothing to do with Ruby just the new reps would not listen to the leader about recapping lights.

This.

Pre-heros, every 2-3 new members that would join our party, I would make damn sure that we recapped all lights from scratch. Sure, maybe it slowed us down a bit, but i never timed out in my own parties. I still don't. It's not even that the new people don't listen, it's dumb leaders that *** most of it up. If I went from 120mins down to 15-20, peace ***. But I don't exp anymore, so that's no longer my concern.

But I'm with Tiger. I farm TE and gold chests. Some duo, mostly solo on THF. I'll get a LS member to pop inside for a few mins to kill murexs for me (still working on the first af3 for most of my jobs.) I then go pop VNMs, cap pearl, then go to town on a patch of EP-T mobs and start farming TEs. Sunday I did Attohwa, and got 11 TE's in about 25-30 mins. If I ran short on time, just rinse and repeat.

Not getting ruby kills is crucial to me soloing. It keeps the flow of TEs steady. I don't WS kill NMs unless its amber. It's not even an Epeen attitude. It's 101 common soloing sense for what I do.

In an exp party however, *** yeah ruby kill. It seems like everyone gets butthurt over it. If you kill fast enough, TE will flow. If you're struggling to get TE In an Alliance of 18:
A) you re doing it wrong
B) kick your 3 leeches
C) kick afkers
D) recap lights for new people
E) pass leader

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 13:33:54  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I pt for
A) TEs
B) Farming key items from gold chests.

Ruby interferes with both. I have so much dam exp, I drop gax merits for polearm when I go from war to drg. When I swap back from war I do return them to GAX. About the only thing I can do w/ constant 20 merit points. I don't give a *** about no exp.

Yea but you wouldn't join a /sh party for {Experience Points} {Can I Have It?} {Do You Need It?} right? And you wouldn't make a /sh party for such I would think. Those are the only parties I don't understand people getting so upset about with the misconception that it's for exp.

For me farming TE or KI's we just Fell Cleave with or without capped Amber being the only difference.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-11 13:37:44  
I had an well worded and long thought out response then the work computer i was on screwed it up :/

short version: build azure with blm's on ephemerals. dds kill mobs that dont give ruby. ws before 80% if you do any kind of real damage. the guy who gets 1 ruby isn't the ***, it's the repeated line stepper. the leader put the party together and did most of the work, if he says don't ruby just don't its not *** rocket science.

It's not hard to articulate which lights you get (hence why ruby light isn't that good). Getting some ruby chests to trickle in is nice for golden/silver/ebon light but after you cap that it's a wasted chance for a chest pop. Why would you want to build ruby then?

That being said: I don't care if you get ruby all day anymore. If you're short on stones you're doing something wrong. Like fatty fat Erik (<3) said you can farm time low man or even solo. Take the time to quest your abyssites, get your 45+ minute stones and 8 hour stone recharge. Don't put stones in if you know the party is already doing well on time.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-11 13:41:30  
oh last thought in regards to:

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Too much red here, for example. Could have been gold ones w/ NM pops in there. (have to view full pic to see all teh chests, ffxi-ah cuts it off)

you can't build Ruby on Pachnpodium's in Abyssea Tahrongi so it wouldn't matter if you killed with WS. Any ruby lights earned would have had to be from other mobs (I don't recall many that give yield Ruby in Tahrongi but it's been a while since I was there) or from opening red chests with ruby lights in them.
[+]