Why Have Cure Clogs Sky Rocketed?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Why have Cure Clogs sky rocketed?
Why have Cure Clogs sky rocketed?
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Starr
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-04 21:23:51  
They've always been like 20-50k at most but now they're 700k (ignoring Raise III being 1.2M), I thought they were made less useful with new gear added rather than more useful?
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-01-04 21:35:33  
More people leveling whm.
More demand.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-04 21:35:37  
still useful as far as i'm aware, on top of whm being the best mage job in the game now and all, well, you know

stuff
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-04 21:38:03  
Well Divine Benison is -20% recast and merits are another -20%, I assume the Healing Magic time- on Orison legs+1/2 is cure cast time too? Best to use them to cap with... just wanted to pick a pair up til I make Orison legs and get merits but not at that price, might camp to sell though.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-01-04 21:45:34  
Divine Benison is for Paralyna and shiz, not cures.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2011-01-04 21:45:56  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
still useful as far as i'm aware, on top of whm being the best mage job in the game now and all, well, you know
stuff

How's WHM the best job in the world now!? ò_ó;
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-04 21:48:26  
because it can spam cures with almost infinite MP and the cures are 1k+.. two cures 1k+ every 5 seconds is very nice. Cure clogs are useful until you get few select pieces, otherwise its mostly just ppl buying them to use on whm who don't have the other gears.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-04 21:50:03  
They've seriously always been that low on your server? A few years ago they used to be worth like 3 mil on my server, and a couple of years it was still 1.3 mil.. A year or so ago they dropped to about 300k~.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-04 22:29:08  
Yeah they were always dirt cheap and just noticed that about Divine Benison lol, just had WHM levelled afk and was reading about Wiki.

So what are people using when they're claiming you can cap cast time WITHOUT merits now?
Light Arts 10%
Orison legs+2 12%
Neck 10%
Feet 15% is 47%?

Or fast cast is additional to cure cast time with the same cap?
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-04 22:59:11  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Yeah they were always dirt cheap and just noticed that about Divine Benison lol, just had WHM levelled afk and was reading about Wiki. So what are people using when they're claiming you can cap cast time WITHOUT merits now? Light Arts 10% Orison legs+2 12% Neck 10% Feet 15% is 47%? Or fast cast is additional to cure cast time with the same cap?
Neck is only 5%.

Can cap casting time with what you mentioned plus Incantor Stone, Loquacious Earring, Veela Cape, and Rostrum Pumps for a perfect 50%. But why in the hell WOULDN'T you cap cure cast time merits? Wtf else would you merit? lol

EDIT: Just realized you were talking about that stupid -10% cure casting time neck piece. Thought you were talking about Orison neck piece, which is 5%.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-01-04 23:30:34  
I just fell off my chair! Raise above a mill? BCNM Time!
 Alexander.Mactaig
サーバ: Alexander
user: stephenk
By Alexander.Mactaig 2011-01-05 00:27:02  
I just fell off my chair !! since when did cure clogs become a BCNM drop hmmm, and you will cap cure cast time with Incantor stone, loq ear, veela cape and rostrum pumps??? with fully capped merits and that setup I don't see you gettin past 40% max.
Not to forget the more beneficial pieces u will lose with a few off those items equipped.
I really only have em macro'd for cure V, the boots are also able to be randomly augmented with FOV.
And for the record they drop from Bonnacon in Uleguegarand Range good luck with drop rate though cos unless u have thf be prep'd to earn you're 1 mil +
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-01-05 00:51:39  
Alexander.Mactaig said:
I just fell off my chair !! since when did cure clogs become a BCNM drop hmmm, and you will cap cure cast time with Incantor stone, loq ear, veela cape and rostrum pumps??? with fully capped merits and that setup I don't see you gettin past 40% max.
Not to forget the more beneficial pieces u will lose with a few off those items equipped.
I really only have em macro'd for cure V, the boots are also able to be randomly augmented with FOV.
And for the record they drop from Bonnacon in Uleguegarand Range good luck with drop rate though cos unless u have thf be prep'd to earn you're 1 mil +
Who said they were a BCNM drop..

From the OP said:
(ignoring Raise III being 1.2M)

Phoenix.Amael said:
I just fell off my chair! Raise above a mill? BCNM Time!

Meaning it's time for him to go do BCNM's to go get a Raise III scroll...
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2011-01-05 00:55:40  
Still low and slow here- but the price seems have gone up a bit.. not sure why.

I NPCed the pair that I had augmented the when I got Serp stuff.. even without getting Serp, I think there are better options because with Atma, my cure speed is capped so I couldn't find a use for them anymore.. or so close to cap (at least where it was with Cure Clogs) that I can't even tell a difference.

So.. no idea why they would be going up in price >< I personally don't find any use out of them anymore.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-05 01:56:20  
Alexander.Mactaig said:
I just fell off my chair !! since when did cure clogs become a BCNM drop hmmm, and you will cap cure cast time with Incantor stone, loq ear, veela cape and rostrum pumps??? with fully capped merits and that setup I don't see you gettin past 40% max. Not to forget the more beneficial pieces u will lose with a few off those items equipped. I really only have em macro'd for cure V, the boots are also able to be randomly augmented with FOV. And for the record they drop from Bonnacon in Uleguegarand Range good luck with drop rate though cos unless u have thf be prep'd to earn you're 1 mil +
Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read?
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Yeah they were always dirt cheap and just noticed that about Divine Benison lol, just had WHM levelled afk and was reading about Wiki. So what are people using when they're claiming you can cap cast time WITHOUT merits now? Light Arts 10% Orison legs+2 12% Neck 10% Feet 15% is 47%? Or fast cast is additional to cure cast time with the same cap?
Can cap casting time with what you mentioned plus Incantor Stone, Loquacious Earring, Veela Cape, and Rostrum Pumps for a perfect 50%.
Also, you don't lose anything from using any fast cast pieces... That's what precast is for >.>
 Alexander.Mactaig
サーバ: Alexander
user: stephenk
By Alexander.Mactaig 2011-01-05 07:13:15  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Alexander.Mactaig said:
I just fell off my chair !! since when did cure clogs become a BCNM drop hmmm, and you will cap cure cast time with Incantor stone, loq ear, veela cape and rostrum pumps??? with fully capped merits and that setup I don't see you gettin past 40% max. Not to forget the more beneficial pieces u will lose with a few off those items equipped. I really only have em macro'd for cure V, the boots are also able to be randomly augmented with FOV. And for the record they drop from Bonnacon in Uleguegarand Range good luck with drop rate though cos unless u have thf be prep'd to earn you're 1 mil +
Wtf are you talking about? Learn to read?
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Can cap casting time with what you mentioned plus Incantor Stone, Loquacious Earring, Veela Cape, and Rostrum Pumps for a perfect 50%.
Also, you don't lose anything from using any fast cast pieces... That's what precast is for >.>
***indeed you are correct I have'nt read what u said(after effects of the long night before)
my apologies quipto/amael
But remember not every1 plays within the same capabilities as u do using spellcast for Precast/midcast
[+]
 Leviathan.Cymmina
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2011-01-05 08:07:22  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cure clogs are useful until you get few select pieces, otherwise its mostly just ppl buying them to use on whm who don't have the other gears.

Except for the fact that Cure VI is 2.0 seconds instead of 2.5 seconds as listed in the wiki, I checked the dats to confirm after I did testing with Fraps. There is a difference between 37% and 50% cast time reduction. I'd rather have a single 15% piece than multiple lesser pieces.
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-05 08:48:42  
So with RDM sub job 15% Fast Cast and 20% Cure casting time from merits I will only need 15% from other FC/cast time to cap at 50%?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-01-05 09:07:16  
if only I still played :x

WHM was a fun thing to play for me, but nothing serious, I picked up a pair of these maybe a few weeks before I quit for like 5k :x

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2011-01-05 09:15:22  
Leviathan.Cymmina said:
I'd rather have a single 15% piece than multiple lesser pieces.
Except you'd use those lesser pieces for precasting every single spell you have,e.g. Erase, whereas cure clogs are only good for cures. Cure clogs are the ones using up extra inventory, not fast cast.
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-05 09:26:48  
Sucks that nobles/aristo is raising loads too despite the free body being able to have much better stats :( (even tho I've done 6 that were all ***)
 Fenrir.Momohko
サーバ: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-05 09:30:09  
Cerberus.Starr said:
Sucks that nobles/aristo is raising loads too despite the free body being able to have much better stats :( (even tho I've done 6 that were all ***)
you and me both -.- i think good stats dont exist lol xD and up to three ??? ive only gotten one on each -.- fail
 Cerberus.Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-01-05 09:44:56  
I had one that had NOTHING but conserve MP+1 or something on it, in 6 bodies I haven't had cure pot or refresh once
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-05 10:06:50  
I went to farm these recently and the entire camp was over populated with maglian trial peeps. it was crazy. I'll stick to farming scrolls, I guess.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-01-05 12:17:42  
Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Leviathan.Cymmina said:
I'd rather have a single 15% piece than multiple lesser pieces.
Except you'd use those lesser pieces for precasting every single spell you have,e.g. Erase, whereas cure clogs are only good for cures. Cure clogs are the ones using up extra inventory, not fast cast.
This. 1000 times this. Anyone buying cure clogs or that -10% neck piece are just waisting their money. Especially when +2 legs are so easy to get. 20% merits, 10% light arts, 12% legs is 42%. You're really gonna spend 600k+ when you should already be there anyway from other fast cast gear you would want to carry for any non-healing spells?
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-01-05 12:19:20  
Abyssea for whms on hnms : spam cure V and VI faster possible.
All stuff haste+ cure cast time- skyrok, thats all.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-01-20 11:41:43  
I think there's some misinformation in this thread. "Fast Cast" is different from "Cure Cast Time" which may also be different from "Healing Cast Time". They are literally different stats, meaning each one has its own cap and you can use them in combination to exceed the cap of one stat by itself. It's similar to how you can use Dual Wield enhancements to speed yourself up more even after reaching the 25% haste cap for equipment.

The consensus seems to be that Fast Cast caps at 50% but as a WHM you can go much farther for specific spells. Here's my current fast cast setup:

Fast Cast:
-10% Light Arts
-5% Orison Locket
-5% Winged Wand (5% is a guess)
-2% Loquacious Earring
-2% Incantor Stone
-2% Veela Cape
Subtotal: 26%

Cure Cast:
-20% Merits
-15% Cure Clogs
Subtotal: 35%

Healing Cast:
-12% Orison Pantaloons +2
-3% Ebur Bliaut (with Zirnitra evolith)
Subtotal: 15%

I think this adds up to about a 59% cast time reduction assuming they are compounded (0.74 * 0.65 * 0.85). Based on my experience, that feels about right.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2011-01-26 19:20:50  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
More people leveling whm.
More demand.

That may be true about others leveling WHM now. But the second is incorrect.
More demand = Less money required for a certain item.
Less demand = higher cost rate.

A little knowledge for you in the economic world.
First Page 2