What Grinds Your Gears?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » What grinds your gears?
What grinds your gears?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 313 314 315
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-23 12:54:06  
Blazza said:
Corrderio said:
Here's another I forgot.

When people use a Trial/Nyzul Weapon in a merit/high level EXP PT. Seriously.... do that crap on your own time with a friend or LS member or level sync in the dunes/qufim where it won't matter.

People who OFF-HAND nyzul weapons... (I check most blu's I see to compare, I've seen this more than once. . .)

Also, everything that Aramina said.

BUT!! On Sam if you didn't have a soboro, and before SCNM weapons came out, the trial weapon actually had copy stats from the best AH GKT at the lvl !! :D

You know what Grinds my gears?

I'll tell you what grinds my gears!! AFK seekers = go die in a fire.

People who use "Y" (insert massive retard gear here) gear, then come on internet forums to suggest to others to use "Y" gear, are then told "Y" gear is a poor choice and they should try using "X" (insert correct choice) gear, who then respond with "Dude!! I've pt'd with people using "X" gear and I totally roxored them in damage!! Even though years and hundreds of tests show that "X" is vastly supperior, I did one party and I SAW their damage. "Y" is def better b/c i said so!!" = Go die in a bigger fire

People who commit catostrophic errors in an event, wasted everyone's time, and then think its the funniest thing ever. = These people can die in a fire while at the same time drown in the urine of a donkey.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-23 12:58:25  
Yeh, but nyzul weapons have no stats. I understand that they're actually decent DoT weapons, but they're far from the best, and you should damn well have better if you're doing nyzul isle
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-23 13:08:22  
You know what really grinds my gears?

Fake D/C'ing. Its like.. ok, if you're in a bad party, at least you can do is get a rep and then leave. dont just alt-tab out, making others wait to see if you're coming back or not.

brb though, gotta DC from this horrible dunes pt.
[+]
 Fairy.Conchita
サーバ: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-02-23 13:24:04  
I really rarely do the fake DC, but sometimes I really can't bring myself to get someone to replace me in a shitty PT. If I'd be asked to come replace someone to have a shitty PT I'd be angry. Usually I either just say that the PT doesn't work out or I have PT leader get me a rep, that way I can't get tells from angry replacements :/

Most of the things I read are the things I hate, AFKing while LFP, no /seacom reading, etcetc.
What grinds my gear are people that try to use the most complex words in their sentences and can't freakin spell them right. If you want to sound smart, please check your dictionary before doing so. D:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-23 13:28:58  
Bartimaeus said:
Helping out a friend (usually low level or new player), and them just going AFK or not paying attention to the monitor/tv while they fight because you're PLing them.

Fight finishes and they just stand there.. and stand there, and stand there.

You want help? Pay attention for *** sake. xD

Thats why I dont pl :p
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-02-23 13:30:32  
People who dont pass *** cells in salv
or don't bring s/i to nyzul
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-02-23 14:11:15  

When people forget that this is just a damn game, and just because they have a few 'Elite' pieces of gear (King drops, Salvage, Relic/Mythic) they think that they're better than everyone who doesn't.

---------
Person who thinks they're 'elite': So what did you do today?
Average player: After work I was driving home and saw a burning building. I stopped and pulled someone out of the fire before it collapsed.
Person who thinks they're 'elite': Pfft, r/l stuff? you suck man...I just finished Ares' Cuirass and broke 3k dmg on a Greater Colibri.
---------

That was an obvious exaggeration, but you get the point.
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-02-23 14:16:04  
Bojack said:

When people forget that this is just a damn game, and just because they have a few 'Elite' pieces of gear (King drops, Salvage, Relic/Mythic) that there better than everyone who doesn't.

---------
Person who thinks they're 'elite': So what did you do today?
Average player: After work I was driving home and saw a burning building. I stopped and pulled someone out of the fire before it collapsed.
Person who thinks they're 'elite': Pfft, r/l stuff? you suck man...I just finished Ares' Cuirass and broke 3k dmg on a Greater Colibri.
---------

That was an obvious exaggeration, but you get the point.

Amen.
 Remora.Imola
サーバ: Remora
user: Imola
By Remora.Imola 2009-02-23 14:59:04  
What grind my gears is when people need help with missions, and they're not prepared for it, or having to wait for that one person that's missing a cut scene, or no RR's/mp pots etc etc...

When people complain in dynamis cuz they don't like R1's.

When people complain about sky farming, but wants God Armors ~_~...

When corsair try's to play DD, and forgets about evoker roll for mp ~_~
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-02-23 14:59:47  
gil selling service.

though i just got my first amusing one today.

the best service the best price, all in ffbase.com hurry to taste it by code:

that just sounds so dirty lol
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-23 15:03:34  
Imola said:

ftw! >.>

I remember when I first delevelled in dyna XD

User submitted image
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-23 15:05:04  
Imola said:
When corsair try's to play DD, and forgets about evoker roll for mp ~_~

When Corsair plays DD, and people whine about Evoker's Roll.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-02-23 15:21:29  
.....how it is these times that you can go to The past to solo experience, that's ok, I'm begininning to deal and actually enjoy solo expeiencing with Campaign battles, but now no one wants to level in Normal Areas.. and now I get severe Lag when I go bust some walls for exps....

Too many ppl Now want to do Campaign...

...IF you got alot of these ppl campaigning.. why not party up.. "IF" youre around the 3 level gap?

-.- hmmmm...
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-02-23 15:35:12  
Meeeeeep said:
Aramina said:

~ WAR 75 that do not have either Great Sword skilled up including quested WS.

................wat

First, if you're going to quote, quote the whole thing, or use an elipsis to denote that you omitted something, like where I said "Great Sword or Great Axe."

Second, two of the most insane WAR that I've every played with are Great Sword users by default, but will grudgingly use Great Axe if you ask. It sucks that they don't get Spinning Slash, but WAR/THF and WAR/SAM can wreak some serious havoc with Ground Strike.

Granted, they both have GS meritted 8/8 (Also both have DRK75) and very, very good gear.

Martial Sword + SA Ground Strike = WIN.
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-02-23 15:35:14  
Neonracer said:
.....how it is these times that you can go to The past to solo experience, that's ok, I'm begininning to deal and actually enjoy solo expeiencing with Campaign battles, but now no one wants to level in Normal Areas.. and now I get severe Lag when I go bust some walls for exps....

Too many ppl Now want to do Campaign...

...IF you got alot of these ppl campaigning.. why not party up.. "IF" youre around the 3 level gap?

-.- hmmmm...

Campaign of the goddess ftl.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-23 15:38:25  
Anmorata said:
people shouting for Nyzle Isle PUGs, and not letting people lot on one type of gear and saying that the other 2 are free lot.

Example: "Nyzle Isle floor 96~ Askar X Goliard 2 Denali 2 @5/6 /tell"

yeah I can understand that you want that piece for yourself.
idk why it just annoys me lol.

This pisses me off to no end. Because I am at least 0/30 on askar gear. I have been tempted to do it myself. But I don't want to be a hipocrite. Even floors 16-20 last five times: 5/5 wins, 0/5 drops.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-23 15:40:23  
Hitetsu said:
Imola said:

ftw! >.>

User submitted image

Hilarious! I've seen that before and all I thought was... [no comment]
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-02-23 15:42:40  
Wardens said:
This pisses me off to no end. Because I am at least 0/30 on askar gear. I have been tempted to do it myself. But I don't want to be a hipocrite. Even floors 16-20 last five times: 5/5 wins, 0/5 drops.

Perhaps SE ninja-editted the drop rates as a backlash for the Dupes? I doubt it, but it's a thought...

This week, 3x F80, 1x F60. All cleared easy.
2 Double Axe, 1 Brave Blade, 1 Sasuke Katana. That's it.
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-23 15:44:00  
Wooooodum said:
When Corsair plays, people whine.

I don't see anything wrong here.
 Lakshmi.Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-02-23 15:45:23  
Yeah, my friend told me his static recently did floors 16-20 and the last 7 runs are 0/7 on any armor drops.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-23 15:49:22  
Wardens said:
Hitetsu said:
Imola said:

ftw! >.>

User submitted image

Hilarious! I've seen that before and all I thought was... [no comment]

Was my first Bastok XD Died like 9 times and took r1 every time, then died once more and donged.. then proceeded to complain that we didn't have time to wait for another 100mp and someone was busy dying >.>

It's fun!
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-23 15:57:07  
Complaining about any level raise seems stupid to me.

Would people rather not get one at all? I seem to have missed the part where jobs that could Raise had that obligation above all else.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-23 16:00:13  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Would people rather not get one at all? I seem to have missed the part where jobs that could Raise had that obligation above all else.

I wasn't actually complaining about getting the raise. >_>

I was telling them there are other people that need curing before I need raising, and that if they're insistent on raising the BLM with 50MP, then R1 is more than fine so they can cure the people that were about to eat dirt.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-23 16:06:13  
Hitetsu said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

I was telling them there are other people that need curing before I need raising, and that if they're insistent on raising the BLM with 50MP, then R1 is more than fine so they can cure the people that were about to eat dirt.

Oh, I wasn't specifically talking about you. I've just had people *** at me, when I've stopped what I was doing to Raise them, because all I could offer was a R1, like it's worthless .

Sitting around waiting for an R3 over a R1 is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, yet I've seen it quite a bit.
 Alexander.Keldewis
サーバ: Alexander
user: Keldewis
By Alexander.Keldewis 2009-02-23 16:23:26  
:( I didn't save any gil from the days when it was easier to make gil.

UnDead Swarm.......neekid, cursed, charmed, killed by AOE spam from the residential block when you are fighting in the main gate block, it was funny the 1st 10 or so times, sure I could not go, but then who will save the empire if I don't ^ ^

Snatch Morsel, is there really a need for this, and why are the damn birds never full, I eat one piece and my char is full for at least 30 mins, but birds get to snack attack all day, they should get slower and progressively less agile the more they eat, but then SE would just give them another JA where they vomit on you.
 Asura.Kaylen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaylen
By Asura.Kaylen 2009-02-23 16:25:51  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hitetsu said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Oh, I wasn't specifically talking about you. I've just had people *** at me, when I've stopped what I was doing to Raise them, because all I could offer was a R1, like it's worthless .

Sitting around waiting for an R3 over a R1 is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, yet I've seen it quite a bit.

i was running a pudding camp and one of our blm's died so i give them a R1 they say no i'm gonna wait for my friend to give me a R3. 20mins later we have more than made up the exp loss they would have had so i said screw it kicked them for another blm who was waiting to rep anyone leaving.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-02-23 16:26:04  
Keldewis said:
Snatch Morsel, is there really a need for this, and why are the damn birds never full, I eat one piece and my char is full for at least 30 mins, but birds get to snack attack all day, they should get slower and progressively less agile the more they eat, but then SE would just give them another JA where they vommit on you.

The Colibri feels lethargic.
The Colibri vomits.
Hitetsu is covered in a sticky substance.
Hitetsu gains the effects of Coeurl Sub.
Hitetsu is afflicted with Slow.

ftw >.>
 Asura.Kaylen
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaylen
By Asura.Kaylen 2009-02-23 16:29:59  
Keldewis said:

Snatch Morsel, is there really a need for this, and why are the damn birds never full, I eat one piece and my char is full for at least 30 mins, but birds get to snack attack all day, they should get slower and progressively less agile the more they eat, but then SE would just give them another JA where they vommit on you.

Or it would be nice if they would give a small chance% that they would drop some of the food they ate when killed.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-02-23 16:33:08  
Hitetsu said:
Keldewis said:

The Colibri feels lethargic.
The Colibri vomits.
Hitetsu is covered in a sticky substance.
Hitetsu gains the effects of Coeurl Sub.
Hitetsu is afflicted with Slow.

ftw >.>

Yeah, they might as well have stuff puke on us. I mean, the game shits on us regularly, and we still come back for more...amirite?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 313 314 315