Asura.Dajociont said:
the banana king does not approve of these messages
You are the boonana king!
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-17 09:49:17  
Byrth I need you to beat Shinryu for me so I don't have to burn 2 mil on a brew. Will payment in sexual favors be enough or do you have a price in mind?

I know you're a busy guy though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-17 10:01:02  
Haha, I actually burned like 90% of my cruor brewing Shinryu. I was out xping yesterday basically just to get a little back. It's good that they finally gave me a use for it though, because I'm far too lazy to buy and NPC the armor sets.

For Indirk, there are a variety of strategies you could use. We never had to deal with 9k lances because we killed it quickly. WAR, THF, NIN, and RDM took him down without an issue, and we all meleed him fulltime. After I left they killed him with THF, NIN, and RDM. We had substantially less trouble with him than the Ixion mob in Vunkerl. If he's like other Ixion type monsters, then moving to the side or behind him after he starts readying his lance move will reduce or eliminate the damage you take from it.

If you're seeing 9k lances though, he has been raged and you should probably just reset him. The only other time I've heard of attacks so high from him was when a Thief in our server soloed him for 45 minutes and then a friend's roaming NM-killing group healed him / killed it when the Thief wiped. Rage timer didn't reset because it never went passive. They eventually managed to kill him raged, but it wasn't pretty.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-17 10:02:48  
I was being serious though. What's the 200k cruor worth to you price wise? Or do you know anyone else that might sell me a brew'd kill?

I'd rather pay someone for their 200k cruor than use my own 2mil for the win.

My character is logged into the game right now, but I'm actually at work. I just never shut my computer down.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-17 10:12:37  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Haha, I actually burned like 90% of my cruor brewing Shinryu. I was out xping yesterday basically just to get a little back. It's good that they finally gave me a use for it though, because I'm far too lazy to buy and NPC the armor sets. For Indirk, there are a variety of strategies you could use. We never had to deal with 9k lances because we killed it quickly. WAR, THF, NIN, and RDM took him down without an issue, and we all meleed him fulltime. After I left they killed him with THF, NIN, and RDM. We had substantially less trouble with him than the Ixion mob in Vunkerl. If he's like other Ixion type monsters, then moving to the side or behind him after he starts readying his lance move will reduce or eliminate the damage you take from it. If you're seeing 9k lances though, he has been raged and you should probably just reset him. The only other time I've heard of attacks so high from him was when a Thief in our server soloed him for 45 minutes and then a friend's roaming NM-killing group healed him / killed it when the Thief wiped. Rage timer didn't reset because it never went passive. They eventually managed to kill him raged, but it wasn't pretty.

Thank you for taking my sarcasm and me being miffed in stride. I genuinely appreciate it. I still think he has a short rage timer then because, granted we were keeping DPS low and trying to proc all !!'s, he still started getting spammy and monster attack rate before 20 mins easily (id say 90% sure before 10 minutes but no screenshot proof). Maybe hes a gradual rage?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-17 10:16:48  
Either way, Migawari and dodging to the side are beautiful things.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-17 10:20:01  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Either way, Migawari and dodging to the side are beautiful things.
Yeah, I suggested that but our nin said there wasn't any tools up on AH yet and he hadn't looked into having them crafted (at the time)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-17 10:26:19  
There's an NPC that sells universal tools in Bastok, could go there if you can't get tools in Jeuno.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-17 10:39:40  
Paying someone for the win is just pathetic. really. So is brewing your first win.

If you can't beat the requirements/bcnm itself in a legit manner, then you don't deserve the win or anything he drops.

Let me guess, your shell had to brew rani too, right?
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2010-12-17 10:57:17  
Just to add to the Indrik discussion (I'm the rdm in those situations), our ninja and thief are very well equipped and merited, with long time experience on the job, and we three are used to working together so team work is optimal. All three are huge advantages. (Just in the case when we trio it, obviously when Byrth *on war, and Vitali *on whm are there, we have more leeway for faster damage and casting more Impacts).

We do try to proc all !s during every fight, but we rarely try to 'hold it'. It dropped some really nice h2h earlier that enhanced boost, btw.

The highest S.lance I've seen was about 7k, when we took it raged from another shell, which didn't last long, of course. But normally during the usual 7-10 mins fight, lances are around 500 to 1200. All participants have Shell5 on. Neither melee 'dodge' the lance. Would definitely make fun of them for it.

Good luck.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-17 10:59:52  
Actually Vitali I don't have a shell. Thus the reason I said what I said. I don't care if you think it's pathetic. I'm not asking for your approval. I just know that I can't dual box it like I am doing other things in Abyssea.

Beating the BCNM with a brew isn't legit? So using something in the game isn't legit.

News to me.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-12-17 11:00:14  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Asura.Dajociont said:
the banana king does not approve of these messages
You are the boonana king!

boo-loo-loo!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-17 11:11:24  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Thank you for taking my sarcasm and me being miffed in stride. I genuinely appreciate it. I still think he has a short rage timer then because, granted we were keeping DPS low and trying to proc all !!'s, he still started getting spammy and monster attack rate before 20 mins easily (id say 90% sure before 10 minutes but no screenshot proof). Maybe hes a gradual rage?

It's possible he has a gradual rage (Rani has gradually building -DT, etc), or it's possible there something (like Thunder nukes trying for Grellow) that dramatically increases his damage. I'd advise reviewing your logs to see if you can find anything similar in your fights before the 7k blasts. Dodging to the side is an option, but it comes with its own risks. If you go too soon, he'll turn to you and your mages will potentially end up getting hit.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-17 11:22:18  
LakshmiArtemas said:
Just to add to the Indrik discussion (I'm the rdm in those situations), our ninja and thief are very well equipped and merited, with long time experience on the job, and we three are used to working together so team work is optimal. All three are huge advantages. (Just in the case when we trio it, obviously when Byrth *on war, and Vitali *on whm are there, we have more leeway for faster damage and casting more Impacts). We do try to proc all !s during every fight, but we rarely try to 'hold it'. It dropped some really nice h2h earlier that enhanced boost, btw. The highest S.lance I've seen was about 7k, when we took it raged from another shell, which didn't last long, of course. But normally during the usual 7-10 mins fight, lances are around 500 to 1200. All participants have Shell5 on. Neither melee 'dodge' the lance. Would definitely make fun of them for it. Good luck.
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
It's possible he has a gradual rage (Rani has gradually building -DT, etc), or it's possible there something (like Thunder nukes trying for Grellow) that dramatically increases his damage. I'd advise reviewing your logs to see if you can find anything similar in your fights before the 7k blasts. Dodging to the side is an option, but it comes with its own risks. If you go too soon, he'll turn to you and your mages will potentially end up getting hit.

I think I may have had a time warp mentally and perhaps we were holding it longer than i originally thought. Like i said i was on drk and pulling hate just from doing blue and red !!'s so the mages and mnk's/sam's were clearly not fully engaged.

On a semi-unrelated note. Has anyone done any testing on the sachets? Rate of absorbtion? We had a light sachet pass to oblivion before the fight and the running joke was "boy that sachet would be nice now teehee".
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-17 11:47:25  
No, it isn't legit. It's a cheap trick for those that don't have skill or friends. It makes the accomplishment and rewards meaningless.

I have no problem using it after beating it normally, it would be earned. Access to using it after your first win would be appropriate.

This is one of the most challenging and fun fights SE has offered to date, and to let players circumvent that by using a god mode item is stupid.

[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-17 12:38:59  
Lakshmi.Vitali said:
No, it isn't legit. It's a cheap trick for those that don't have skill or friends. It makes the accomplishment and rewards meaningless. I have no problem using it after beating it normally, it would be earned. Access to using it after your first win would be appropriate. This is one of the most challenging and fun fights SE has offered to date, and to let players circumvent that by using a god mode item is stupid.

Not siding.....ok maybe a tad. But, using a legit item to beat a boss is legit. No matter how you slice it. It may not be to YOUR standards, but its as legit as it gets. Buy this logic, fools drinks and any other item are not legit. If it wasnt SE would not let you use it.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-17 12:58:08  
Justify it however you want. The meaning is still the same.

And also, you can hardly compare an item that grants you god mode (the status effect is transendence, afterall) to any other item. Fools doesnt give you the ability to 3 shot a mob, neither does a yellow curry bun.

I hope they ninja fix this like they have other "legit" methods of killing a mob (looking at you, kraken club/AV).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2010-12-17 13:02:54  
Justify it however you want, Vitali; you're still being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and highly elitist for no real reason.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-17 13:03:10  
Vitali didn't use Knights of the Round on the last bosses of VII for their first kills.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-17 13:04:55  
Lakshmi.Vitali said:
Justify it however you want. The meaning is still the same. And also, you can hardly compare an item that grants you god mode (the status effect is transendence, afterall) to any other item. Fools doesnt give you the ability to 3 shot a mob, neither does a yellow curry bun. I hope they ninja fix this like they have other "legit" methods of killing a mob (looking at you, kraken club/AV).

Lol. Okay, the fools drink was a stretch. But to me, what your saying is, becuase I had to tough it out and beat it normally, everyone else should have to too. Which isnt the case. If you had a choice to grapple up a building to the 60th floor or use the elevator, which would you pick?? Yes, it does show skill that you beat it normally. I commend you. And once I finish killing my last NM to get to this BC, I want to try to beat it normally also. But not everyone wants to grapple 60 floors when they can just take the elevator.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-17 13:10:13  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Vitali didn't use Knights of the Round on the last bosses of VII for their first kills.
I didn't either but you can bet your *** when im in Shinryuu BCNM ill have a brew in my inventory.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-17 13:10:55  
K-club vs. AV is really the most similar thing to this that I can think of. People screamed bloody freaking murder when we klubbed AV, and there wasn't even an alternative way to kill him at the time. Then SE patched it in less than a week.

Using Primeval Brew makes you essentially invincible (unlike using Souleater Bloodweapon on a Stun immune monster) and lets you three-shot the monster. It's hugely more powerful than Klubbing, and these monsters can be defeated by a single party without using a brew. If we're killing them with 5 people (6 characters), other people should be able to kill them with 6 real people.

And yes, I realize the difficulty in finding 5 competent friends with high playtime to do crap with at this stage in the game. My only advice is to keep looking. If you're on Lakshmi and know me, I know a handful of people I can hook you up with that have expressed an interest in killing the Caturae and I can vouch for. If you don't know me, then I won't be vouching for you but could drop your name to people if they're interested. If I'm not off doing something else and don't feel the attempt will be a waste of time, I can certainly come and help you myself.

Part of the fun of the game is fighting the hard fight. There's no point in attaining the best gear in the game if there's nothing challenging to fight with it. You could probably Brew all these monsters to death on a naked level 75 Red Mage. That's not "fighting the hard fight," that's "getting the easy win." At least with AV we had all the best gear in the game and still didn't have a viable way to beat him apart from BW Zerging.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-17 13:14:06  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I didn't either but you can bet your *** when im in Shinryuu BCNM ill have a brew in my inventory.

^This

In a game where being prepared can make or break you....its only logical my good sir. lol
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-17 13:21:34  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
K-club vs. AV is really the most similar thing to this that I can think of. People screamed bloody freaking murder when we klubbed AV, and there wasn't even an alternative way to kill him at the time. Then SE patched it in less than a week. Using Primeval Brew makes you essentially invincible (unlike using Souleater Bloodweapon on a Stun immune monster) and lets you three-shot the monster. It's hugely more powerful than Klubbing, and these monsters can be defeated by a single party without using a brew. If we're killing them with 5 people (6 characters), other people should be able to kill them with 6 real people. And yes, I realize the difficulty in finding 5 competent friends with high playtime to do crap with at this stage in the game. My only advice is to keep looking. If you're on Lakshmi and know me, I know a handful of people I can hook you up with that have expressed an interest in killing the Caturae and I can vouch for. If you don't know me, then I won't be vouching for you but could drop your name to people if they're interested. If I'm not off doing something else and don't feel the attempt will be a waste of time, I can certainly come and help you myself. Part of the fun of the game is fighting the hard fight. There's no point in attaining the best gear in the game if there's nothing challenging to fight with it. You could probably Brew all these monsters to death on a naked level 75 Red Mage. That's not "fighting the hard fight," that's "getting the easy win." At least with AV we had all the best gear in the game and still didn't have a viable way to beat him apart from BW Zerging.

I do see your point. And I agree with your true gamers spirit. Go beat it normally, I will try to. And if they nerf it, I would be okay with it. But as of now, its a perfectly okay. But i will say, its about time they made some "beast" gear that one dosnt have to wait years and have luck to get. The game is changing in that direction. If you dont like it. You could always cancel your subscription.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-17 13:27:55  
I think people have grown used or expect having some of the best gear handed to them without much work and have forgotten what it means to actually earn something.

I guess it's just comes down to a matter of opinion though, and why you play. Some just want to stand around and look cool, while others actually care about accomplishments.

I just don't think lazy people should have the same access to content/equipment, as it devalues the experience for those that do.

Is that elitism? Maybe, but that is part of MMO culture; always has been. One of the attractive aspects of these games is that you can make your character stand out, be special, by accomplishing certain things.

Grinding out 2mil cruor in the easiest form of xp possible is hardly worth rewarding.

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-17 13:29:08  
Can't wait for everyone to be wearing Twilight gear. All DDs, no mages, we just Auto-Reraise and get back to work.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-17 13:30:47  
Well I don't need people to kill the Caturae or the zone bosses. I've got all 6 Caturae kills and I'll be getting my last zone boss tonight or tomorrow.

I will burn my own brew if I have to, but I was looking for an alternate way around doing so. Like since you said you were spamming Shinryu using your own 200k brews, I figured I could tag along just for the win.

That's pretty much what I was getting at from the start.

Edit for Vitali's last post. I actually don't want the twilight gear. I want to be able to buy primeevil brews for 200k cruor so that I can have them on me if I need them when dual boxing.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-17 13:37:16  
Lakshmi.Vitali said:
I think people have grown used or expect having some of the best gear handed to them without much work and have forgotten what it means to actually earn something. I guess it's just comes down to a matter of opinion though, and why you play. Some just want to stand around and look cool, while others actually care about accomplishments. I just don't think lazy people should have the same access to content/equipment, as it devalues the experience for those that do. Is that elitism? Maybe, but that is part of MMO culture; always has been. One of the attractive aspects of these games are that you can make your character stand out, be special, by acomplishing certain things. Grinding out 2mil cruor in the easiest form of xp possible is hardly worth rewarding.

I'm a bit butthurt myself. I spent along time getting ares/homam/sea items ETC. When i saw a 75 in full artifact i had a good idea of what their experience, work ethic, or skill level would be like. Now you have so much perle, easily farmed AF3 running around all the sheep are wearing wolves clothing.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-17 13:40:46  
How to sight a gimp these days is by their atmas.
I still see lots of people without two, I even see rdms with 6mp/tic refresh in pickups still, aka NONE. >_>
It will take ages before those people have access to this fight :P
[+]