フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » The Wyrm God
The Wyrm God
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Vitali
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-15 00:18:06  
Drop rate is non existent without blue. One item seems ot be 100%, either belt, or neck without blue.

With blue, 3-4 items are common, so far we have over 6 belts, 5 daggers, 1 scythe, 2 cloaks, 5 necks, 6 backs. 0 mail/helm.

Impact is like a mini comet animation.
[+]
 Siren.Eremes
サーバ: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2010-12-15 12:14:57  
Does Shinryu move and/or turn? Wondering if melees standing behind it will get hit by its standard attacks.
 Bahamut.Weasel
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-12-15 14:30:12  
This was uploaded on youtube today.

[+]
 Unicorn.Bladerah
サーバ: Unicorn
user: knighted1
By Unicorn.Bladerah 2010-12-15 14:48:41  
how often does death on the scythe proc?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-15 14:50:33  
Siren.Eremes said:
Does Shinryu move and/or turn? Wondering if melees standing behind it will get hit by its standard attacks.
He can attack people behind him. iirc it's an attack with his tail that stuns.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-15 14:58:13  
Bahamut.Weasel said:
This was uploaded on youtube today.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5MDE-8ZZx0e]

Looks like they Blue'd it before they Brew'd it.

Not a bad idea to bring some friends in too leech If you're brewing it to trigger Blue, that and they'll get Abyssite of the Cosmos as well so now they'd be able to brew the runs.
By LakshmiArtemas 2010-12-15 15:07:31  
We did blue it before the brew.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 15:10:10  
You blue'd the boss before you blew it up with brew?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-15 15:11:13  
That was going to be my plan as well, Go @ piercing time, bring my RNG friend, the DRG (the Brew-er) and me on THF (TH Can't hurt) and a healer friend.

Spend our time trying to Blue it while the Brew-er stays back, trigger blue, then let heal break loose on it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-15 15:11:13  
lol
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-15 15:18:50  
Nice antlion jaw by the way. Could use me one of those from Shinryu.
[+]
By LakshmiArtemas 2010-12-15 15:20:40  
Yes. We blue Shinryu before every brew. One time we did manage a yellow and blue !. The drops were something like Twilight Belt, Cactus Stems, Pearl and Tourmaline.

Yeah, no more blm for that fight..
 Lakshmi.Nou
user: Zebadiah
By Lakshmi.Nou 2010-12-15 15:44:43  
These were also u/led today

[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-15 16:13:03  
Should be noted that that one was pretty mild <25% compared to some of the others we did. Also worth noting that Toc is a mule with essentially no role in the fight.

It is a very fun fight without the Brew, but Brew is much faster and lets you bring more melees for proccing Blue. I wouldn't do this fight without a WHM voluntarily, but we did a Brew'd fight with 2x RDM instead during piercing time.
 Cerberus.Lotmorning
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lotmorning 2010-12-15 16:25:36  
Proc blue we got belt, neck, and cape.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-16 12:52:50  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
lol

I'm going to jump servers just to stab you with a Twilight Dagger.

In your kidneys.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-16 14:12:40  
From what I've Heard, Indrik is like 10x Harder than Shinryu, and from watching the (splendid) videos above, I'm inclined to believe it.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-16 14:21:14  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
From what I've Heard, Indrik is like 10x Harder than Shinryu, and from watching the (splendid) videos above, I'm inclined to believe it.

Indrik is easy!

Right until you get one shotted from Scintillant Lance...

I was on PLD, don't ask why, 3,800 HP, and I think the first one hit me for 3,689, the second one for 5,083, the third for 7,029

One of our BLMs got hit for 8,000

At one point during the fight, despite trying to kill it quickly, it just began spamming Damsel Momento + Lance back-to-back-to-back, one shotting people one by one.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-16 15:43:01  
It should be noted that he was tame in the fight that wasd recorded. Many of our loses were due to meteor spam. He goes wild sub 40% is and for the most part it's based on luck what moves he uses.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-16 15:44:44  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Indrik is easy! Right until you get one shotted from Scintillant Lance... I was on PLD, don't ask why, 3,800 HP, and I think the first one hit me for 3,689, the second one for 5,083, the third for 7,029 One of our BLMs got hit for 8,000 At one point during the fight, despite trying to kill it quickly, it just began spamming Damsel Momento + Lance back-to-back-to-back, one shotting people one by one.
I don't know if he has a fast rage timer or if he gets stronger as he takes damage. At the start of the fight i pulled hate trying to get red and blue. I must have eated 3-4 lances taking progressively more damage (2k, 2.4k etc). Finally a 3.6k lance took me out. He proceeded to start attacking at multiple intervals (triple / quad attack? or maybe just fast speed) and kiting around lancing everyone in alliance. We wiped at less than 15 mins total time. It was totally our fault for fighting slowly trying for !!'s but i was suprised how fast it turned into a rapefest.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-16 15:46:22  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Indrik is easy! Right until you get one shotted from Scintillant Lance... I was on PLD, don't ask why, 3,800 HP, and I think the first one hit me for 3,689, the second one for 5,083, the third for 7,029 One of our BLMs got hit for 8,000 At one point during the fight, despite trying to kill it quickly, it just began spamming Damsel Momento + Lance back-to-back-to-back, one shotting people one by one.
I don't know if he has a fast rage timer or if he gets stronger as he takes damage. At the start of the fight i pulled hate trying to get red and blue. I must have eated 3-4 lances taking progressively more damage (2k, 2.4k etc). Finally a 3.6k lance took me out. He proceeded to start attacking at multiple intervals (triple / quad attack? or maybe just fast speed) and kiting around lancing everyone in alliance. We wiped at less than 15 mins total time. It was totally our fault for fighting slowly trying for !!'s but i was suprised how fast it turned into a rapefest.

Same happened to our LS, drug our feet (no more than ~10 minutes) trying to proc Yellow, And once he took out one of our Tanks, the second one easily followed in a matter of moments, then Bam, 1 shotting the entire alliance running around spamming Damsel Momento + Lance.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-16 15:55:07  
I wouldn't be surprised, Arcane crest procs on Caturae.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-16 20:52:10  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Should be noted that that one was pretty mild <25% compared to some of the others we did. Also worth noting that Toc is a mule with essentially no role in the fight.

It is a very fun fight without the Brew, but Brew is much faster and lets you bring more melees for proccing Blue. I wouldn't do this fight without a WHM voluntarily, but we did a Brew'd fight with 2x RDM instead during piercing time.
aside from spellcast and blinkmenot im not all that familiar with all of windower's capabilities, how are you checking it's hp?
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-12-16 21:07:01  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:

aside from spellcast and blinkmenot im not all that familiar with all of windower's capabilities, how are you checking it's hp?

Infobar tells HP% of stuff, HP bar or not.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-16 21:09:30  
Apradar does too. Maybe Mappy as well but can't remember. Infobar obviously being the most convenient.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-17 07:59:31  
Indirk is a joke that we've 3 and 4-manned in under 10 minutes.

Shinryu, who uses AoEs that do ~half your HP and Curse three times in a row, is a much more serious threat. If your linkshell is having trouble with Indirk, you'll likely be Brew'ing Rani and Shinryu, so make friends with someone who has already beaten the BC to save you some Cruor.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-12-17 08:30:17  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Indirk is a joke that we've 3 and 4-manned in under 10 minutes.

How do you figure? Is there something you know that i don't? Granted when we fought it we went in completely unprepared before anyone had really fought him yet. We also were dicking around trying to proc !!'s, but still. Him being a "joke"?

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
If your linkshell is having trouble with Indirk, you'll likely be Brew'ing Rani and Shinryu, so make friends with someone who has already beaten the BC to save you some Cruor.

They're a joke too? It's so old hat now you guys put autoattack on and then play a couple rounds of smash brothers? Our linkshell though is going to have to use a 2 alliance rotation of brews to kill Rani.

I'm obviously a little cranky and it's early here but I'm genuinely curious to your strats on the horse. Do you mitigate the 9000 damage lance somehow? Do you straight zerg it down? What do you know that I don't? As someone who epically failed to kill this horse the one and only time we fought it completely unprepared and uneducated, please grace me with the knowledge you've gained killing these for shits and giggles. Please use small words so that a newb like me will understand :D
[+]