users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Quiestion! af3 feet from chests
Quiestion! af3 feet from chests
 Bismarck.Patrik
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-12 15:43:27  
i know for sure i saw this somewhere, should have been in the last update notice thing but not gonna look through to quote it. SE said they were making it easier to to get af3 feet in golden chests (need less amber lights) has anyone confirmed this change? i mean, would it be possible for me to go solo mobs and get a few pearl/amber lights and have a chance at seeing the feet? XD

i can't actually remember if they said they added this in the December update info, i saw the info from a newsletter when they said they would make bastion more possible and help people get af3 feet. so i'm not 100% that this was actually added >.> but any info would be very appreciated ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-12 16:10:22  
i have the feeling I'm missing something here ; ;
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-12-12 16:44:20  
Unsure what Mabrook is getting at, but from the patch notes:

The following additions and adjustments have been made to Abyssea areas:
* The rate of Empyrean armor acquisition from Sturdy Pyxides in Scars of Abyssea areas has been adjusted.

In my experience exping it's definitely been increased as well. By about 2-3 times.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-12 16:53:40  
ah ok cool, would it be feasible to solo a single piece of af3 (as rdm) or you think i'd still need a group to get enough chests and TEs as well?
 Asura.Olue
サーバ: Asura
user: Olue
By Asura.Olue 2010-12-12 16:55:49  
Even at 2-3 times the drop rate you will probably be there a few hours trying to get a specific item with a full alliance.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-12 17:00:41  
oh damn x.x i never actually attempted to farm feet before so i didn't even know the drop rate XD thanks for the info though all
 Caitsith.Jessie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-12-12 17:12:36  
I was recently in an Abyssean exp party in Abyssea-Vunkerl, and one of the things we noticed was that we got a pair of Empyrean boots within the first 10 minutes of our run-- before we even started outright farming Amber lights. I think we might've gotten one Amber, and our first gold pyxide had boots in them.

In the 2 hours I was part of the experience group, we saw around 8 pairs of boots.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-12 17:19:24  
Caitsith.Jessie said:
I was recently in an Abyssean exp party in Abyssea-Vunkerl, and one of the things we noticed was that we got a pair of Empyrean boots within the first 10 minutes of our run-- before we even started outright farming Amber lights. I think we might've gotten one Amber, and our first gold pyxide had boots in them.

In the 2 hours I was part of the experience group, we saw around 8 pairs of boots.

I've had that happen to me as well once, the gold chest dropped as I was building up azure lights. NIN feet dropped with 0 amber lights, closest we had to any amber was the abyssite that enhances gold chest drops.

8 feet in 2 hours sounds pretty nice. I'll be farming up some feet tonight, so hopefully we get the ones we need.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-12 17:35:31  
u have to manipulate amber just right
enough for gold to drop but not enough to keep getting big KI chests
hate being in a alliance and seeing someone just spam amber even when big chests are dropping >.<

with gold abysitte me and my friend that duo found 15 was a good number after hitting 30azure/30pearl
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-12-12 17:50:59  
I got DRK feet from a chest last week solo with 1 amber light. Which was nice, seeing how i still needed them. :)
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-12 17:51:18  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:
oh damn x.x i never actually attempted to farm feet before so i didn't even know the drop rate XD thanks for the info though all
time to throw on lillium and enter your happy place lol : p
damn straight XD

Post deleted by User.