users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Everyone's grudge
Everyone's grudge
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2010-12-12 14:16:43  
So i haven't seen a thread about this spell yet. What does everyone think about it? I've been playing around with it a bit, and i really like the casting range on it, though the recast is crap. In my current setup i do somewhere around 1500 base, 1800+ with BA, and 2-3k in abyssea depending on blah blah blah etc. Anybody have a rough ratio of INT:MND:MAB effectiveness on this spell?
By Samonez 2010-12-12 14:40:44  
I like it. it actually got me to rebuild my nuke setup. quite effective.

Kinda wish the recast wasn't so long thought.
 Lakshmi.Giti
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2010-12-13 05:28:04  
I have to check with my LS mate Xaos but that spell is awesome xD he was doing over 6k in abyssea @.@ but like Samonez said u have to rebuild your blu nuke'n set with this last update of blu spells.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-13 05:46:58  
its 50% mnd and dINT at 2.0 and the MAB ratio is..like for 200~ int 3int : 1MAB or somthing close to that

i havnt used it much my friend been on blu ive been on blm i sould make a set for it tho he is droping numbers close to my blizzard V <_<

Edit: this is a reasonable set for it

Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-13 05:55:26  
sounds like Grudge is nice..... are the other magical blu 85+ any good?
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-13 06:37:24  
Regurg, Acrid stream, Charged whisker, Thermal pulse, Evryone. Grudge, Mind blast

They are all good
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-13 06:43:16  
well i use regurg and stream (though stream is mainly for DA) and mind blast seems like it costs too much to use....though good for para procs I suppose.. gettin good dmg off pulse and whisker though? and are they all basically geared the same? (i'm trying to branch out more into magical blu..i have a decent MAB/int set for sanguine blade that I suppose transfers over)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-13 07:25:06  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well i use regurg and stream (though stream is mainly for DA) and mind blast seems like it costs too much to use....though good for para procs I suppose.. gettin good dmg off pulse and whisker though? and are they all basically geared the same? (i'm trying to branch out more into magical blu..i have a decent MAB/int set for sanguine blade that I suppose transfers over)

Whisker is nice, I haven't gotten Thermal Pulse yet. I believe at least whisker and grudge are the same mods. Was doing 1500 whiskers with only MAB roll from COR yesterday on rabbits in Vunkerl. Went and grabbed a MAB atma and set some MAB spells and started going 2100+. Would gather up some rabbits, Dream Flower(amazing spell, has a really short recast), Amplification, and then Fantods for Charged Whisker. I'd Actinic Burst > Whirl of Rage > Dream Flower to keep from getting destroyed, while friends would cure me on the outside. Then just repeat until dead.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-13 08:31:47  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Whisker is nice, I haven't gotten Thermal Pulse yet. I believe at least whisker and grudge are the same mods. Was doing 1500 whiskers with only MAB roll from COR yesterday on rabbits in Vunkerl. Went and grabbed a MAB atma and set some MAB spells and started going 2100+. Would gather up some rabbits, Dream Flower(amazing spell, has a really short recast), Amplification, and then Fantods for Charged Whisker. I'd Actinic Burst > Whirl of Rage > Dream Flower to keep from getting destroyed, while friends would cure me on the outside. Then just repeat until dead.

I heard somewhere that Charged has the same INT mod as EG But the MNd is replaced with DEX or something stupid

and that for TP the mnd is replaced with VIT

i dont know how accurate that is but mahayaya my CW doing 4K~ with MM/Ultimate/Beyond
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-13 08:51:12  
Nice, I should look into getting Beyond sometime soon. I keep hearing it's a great atma.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2010-12-13 09:50:39  
If you're not using ice nukes, Baying Moon is just as good. Kirin isn't bad either.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-12-14 16:40:16  
Yeah, I was just started up my nuke set. 3.2-3.9 on NMs with ***gear, lol. Hands and Feet +2 just became very relevant to BLU everywhere.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-14 17:20:12  
Is there anything special stat-wise I should worry about that's different than a normal nuke-set for BLM or RDM?

This is what I currently use:

Anything I should change? Obvious changes is ofc. af3+1/2 feet/hands*
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-14 17:44:09  
Due to the much greater impact of INT and whatever secondary mod may be present, stats are a little more valuable in relation to MAB than they are for RDM or BLM. You may want to use eloquence cape +1 or potentia cape over Hecate's Cape. Everything else looks good.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-14 17:48:09  
Is the difference big enough to make it worth using just for BLU?
Or well, I assume the INT+6 one might be equally good for RDM anyways >_< atleast close lol

Edit: Nvm, just realised it can double up as a better STR piece than Cuch anyways, gonna buy one =p

Would it also be better than hecate's for sanguine?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-29 15:41:05  
If you wanna pump up grudge damage, use Atma of the Cosmos:

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
By Lilbersty 2011-02-26 10:00:29  
Went and tried out the Darkness -> MB with EG today out in Grauberg. Used Atma of the Cosmos/Atma of the Ultimate/Atma of the MM. Didn't get a chance to see what Darkness did due to gear swaps but heres the layout on dmg vs. Melo Melo:

Expiacion -> 874
Benthic Typhoon -> 1731
Darkess -> N/A most likely 1731+
Evryone. Grudge -> 6418

I attempted to Azure Lore it but it wore off before i even finished casting.